PDA

View Full Version : Gentle fist style

CyclonisMF
Mon, 12-08-2003, 09:28 AM
The whole gentle fist style of the Hyuga clan is a mystery to me. If you can put chakra in your hand, and then hit someone in the chest and damage their heart, why cant everyone do that? The talent Neji has is to see the little holes, that I currently forgot the name of, but that is a different attack that he uses his fingertips to hit.

The whole thing is nonsense.

And on an unrelated note. Why doesnt Kiba have to use handseals for his moves in the fight between him and Naruto?

SoulTrigger
Mon, 12-08-2003, 09:37 AM
Well,

Neji attacks is not physical, but energy based ones, so even though he moves physically, you may think that on his fingers something happen and he does like a knife of energy (syringe or whatever) and touchs the right spot... it is delicate use of chackra, just few can achieve that level, even within Hyugaa clan... The holes are tenketsu...

About Kiba, he just needs hand seals to Half Beast Transformation, the rest is taijutsu, what means, just physical attacks...

Assertn
Mon, 12-08-2003, 09:43 AM
you can use hand seals to do simple things like increase your speed and power, take for example when sakura sped herself up while running towards ino....

and both attacking tenketsu (the chakra holes) and the chakra circulatory system require the byakugan for the accuracy, its just that attacking the tenketsu is more difficult, since holes are harder to see than the veins/arteries of the whole system. And the difference in damage is that attacking the system hurts the organs, while attacking the tenketsu blocks the chakra entirely.

CyclonisMF
Mon, 12-08-2003, 09:58 AM
That is what I am getting at. Since the chakra system wraps around all your organs, all you have to do is put chakra on your hand and hit their chest.

huell
Mon, 12-08-2003, 10:02 AM
a large force over a larger surface area is less pressure as opposed to a large force in a smaller area, so byakugan allow you to attack a specfic area of the body for maximum damage.

jing
Mon, 12-08-2003, 11:08 AM
byakugan shows vital points for a person. Vital points arent the same for everyone because they have different sizes n such n such.

Darkflare
Mon, 12-08-2003, 11:17 AM
also, as said in ep 61, it is hard to get a lot of chakra into your hands and feet. So then, simply putting chakra into your hand to hit someones chest is not easily done, as stated.

raijin
Mon, 12-08-2003, 11:19 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CyclonisMF @ Dec 8 2003, 09:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> That is what I am getting at. Since the chakra system wraps around all your organs, all you have to do is put chakra on your hand and hit their chest. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Well, the amount of chakra needed to affect the tenketsu (chakra holes) has to be precise/exact. By being a master of Jyuuken (Gentle Fist), you have better control of chakra emission from the body. Using the wrong amount of chakra on the tenketsu may have no effect at all, or it may increase chakra flow rather than shut it off. Also, the Byakugan allows the user to see inside an opponent&#39;s body and view the &quot;chakra circulatory system&quot;. It seems that you need to be able to see that system in order to attack the inner organs/structures of the body. Also, the chakra circulatory system may differ between individuals, so a Jyuuken attack on one person may not affect another person.

If you notice that the 64 Hands of Hakke hits only 64 tenketsu and manages to stop the entire body&#39;s usage of chakra, even though the body has a total of 361 tenketsu. The Byakugan most likely allows the user to distinguish between the different type of chakra points to allow an attack to be the most effective.

Xeo
Mon, 12-08-2003, 12:09 PM
The whole idea of the gentle fist seems a lot like Tai Chi and the pressure point system to me. With the Byakugan as a twist. :-) It can hurt a lot more when someone hits and digs in on your pressure points that just a punch. Also, notice the way he defends isn&#39;t to block an attack, but to use the attackers energy (Naruto&#39;s punch) against them (knocking him off balance and into a vulnerable position). His Kaiten seems to be like feeling the chi around you and reflecting an enemy&#39;s attack with it. Even the range of divination reminds me of Tai Chi http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif
About hitting someone on the chest really hard, yes, that could do the job as well, but probably not has effective has having chakra hit your heart at that magnitude.

MisterBigs
Mon, 12-08-2003, 12:53 PM
Instead of thinking of it as the chakra system, think of it as the nerves system. I could punch you in your chest and not cause you heart to skip. Someone said above why not just send a lot of chakra at the heart and do damage that way, well if a person is hit hard enough his hart could stop and the person would die. Now imagine that I could create an electrical charge that about four inches long from my hands. Then, I would be able to send an electrical charge strait to your heart. As far as the chakra holes think of being hit in the arm it hurts a little but if I send an electrical charge to your nerve ending you will most likely loose the use of that whole nerve and whatever part of your body that nerve controls.