PDA

View Full Version : Inuyashiki Last Hero

Munsu
Fri, 10-20-2017, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECXrxMIp2I4

Ichiro Inuyashiki is down on his luck. While only 58 years old, his geriatric looks often have him written off as a pathetic old man by the world around him and he's constantly ignored and disrespected by his family despite all that he's done to support them. On top of everything else, his doctor has revealed that he has cancer and it appears that he has little time left in this world. But just when it seems things couldn't get any worse, a blinding light in the night sky strikes the earth where Ichiro stands. (from manga)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19670

So, everyone needs to give Inuyashiki Last Hero a try. The 2nd episode has one of the most fucked up sequences I've seen in anime. This looks like a winner so far. It's a slow paced affair, but interesting as well. Looking forward to the rest.

Also, hooray for old dudes action heroes.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-21-2017, 05:41 AM
So it's like if Breaking Bad got superpowers instead of sold meth?

neflight86
Sat, 10-21-2017, 09:18 AM
I've only seen the first episode, but it was a good watch, if for the novelty of an old man protagonist alone. Don't care for the largely cg animation, but there's some cells in there, too.

Munsu
Sat, 10-21-2017, 04:19 PM
I've only seen the first episode, but it was a good watch, if for the novelty of an old man protagonist alone. Don't care for the largely cg animation, but there's some cells in there, too.

Let me know when you watch the 2nd episode.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-21-2017, 09:55 PM
I have. Good stuff.

Munsu
Sun, 10-22-2017, 05:22 AM
I have. Good stuff.

One Piece fans unite!

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-22-2017, 06:25 AM
I don't like One Piece.

Munsu
Sun, 10-22-2017, 09:56 AM
I don't like One Piece.

Looks like you'll get killed right away.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-22-2017, 10:03 AM
Plot twist: I'm the old man.

neflight86
Mon, 10-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Now I feel compelled to watch the second episode just to grasp at understanding what you two are talking about.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Watch it.

David75
Thu, 11-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Ep04 is out.
When the ep started, I was wondering if I'd be able to watch yet another violent and vicious ep.
Because that's not what I want from anime.
But somehow it was ok, only because of the overexagerated situation.
Since that ep was a good end, I'm pretty sure next one will balance it out with a bad end... or at least a more sinister development.
I might drop the show if it crosses my limits too much, because for now there's nothing I really like about it.

neflight86
Thu, 11-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Just caught up, and this escalated quickly. It can be difficult to watch just because of how there are no qualms with letting the 'bad guys' win, but I can say for sure that Inayushiki brings out emotions in me while watching I haven't felt in a loooooong time.

lelouch
Thu, 11-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Ep04 is out.
When the ep started, I was wondering if I'd be able to watch yet another violent and vicious ep.
Because that's not what I want from anime.
But somehow it was ok, only because of the overexagerated situation.
Since that ep was a good end, I'm pretty sure next one will balance it out with a bad end... or at least a more sinister development.
I might drop the show if it crosses my limits too much, because for now there's nothing I really like about it.

HA! Ga..........................

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-02-2017, 10:57 PM
I hope old man's family dies a horrible death.

Munsu
Fri, 11-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Hadn't noticed until now, but this is from the same mangaka of GantZ.

David75
Fri, 11-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Hadn't noticed until now, but this is from the same mangaka of GantZ.
Then, that's why they mention it early in the show... and I guess GantZ is pretty violent too.