PDA

View Full Version : 18if

MFauli
Fri, 07-21-2017, 03:44 PM

After going to sleep like normal, Tsukishiro Haruto wakes up to discover something unbelievable—he's stuck in dream world! Here, witches plague the dreamscape and are more than dreamy figments—they're the trapped souls of young women who've rejected reality and are afflicted by the "Sleeping Beauty Syndrome."

As he searches for a way out, Haruto will face the witches and their terrifying powers.

episode 3 is out
-------------------------

Reeeally enjoying this one. It´s a chain of individual stories, held together buy the recurring hero. Lots of questions, yet, but the various stories are interesting and fun to watch.

Just now ep3 almost had me cry, dammit.

First episode had me think this is something closer to Madoka, but now after three episodes it feels more like Mushishi with a different setting.

Anyway, I don´t understand the low score on MAL, but I recommend it to anyone who´s up for moody, laid back, somewhat surreal stories.

neflight86
Mon, 07-24-2017, 05:30 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, but I just couldn't get anything out of this one. Apparently part of a larger media project, without what I imagine is a wealth of context missing in the series, I felt almost in a daze watching these largely unrelated happenings. Some interesting ideas, but no stories or characters that got me invested enough to spend more time with it.

MFauli
Mon, 07-24-2017, 05:40 PM
I can totally see what you mean, but I´m patient. Remember Mushishi? Not much of a connection between episodes. And then slowly you find out more about Ginko-san. It´s maybe a gamble on my part, but I expect that the bigger picture will become more obvious after the half-way point of this anime. For now, we have main character, a companion (who´s cat alter-ego I really like), and they´re out there to achieve *something*.

The big challenge for this anime is to keep telling interesting per episode-stories without boring the audience. For now, I´m not bored.