PDA

View Full Version : Princess Principal

Munsu
Fri, 07-14-2017, 05:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ1bDqdAQ_A

Five girls live in 19th century London, a city within the Albion Kingdom divided into east and west by a large wall. The girls serve as undercover spies enrolled as students at the prestigious Queen's Mayfair school. The girls make use of their individual abilities to remain active in the underground world of disguise, espionage, infiltration, and car chases.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19393

Just watched the first episode of Princess Principal, and could be quite promising. Not sure about the overall plot and what not, but the action is good, cool female heavy cast, nice animation, violent.

We'll see how it goes, anime original I think.

Maybe my favorite so far this season.

Will definitely draw some Gunslinger Girl comparisons for obvious reasons.

neflight86
Fri, 07-14-2017, 06:09 PM
Good stuff. I like my spy action show just about this heavy. Acknowledge we aren't heroes, per se, but don't dwell on it and affect our performance. Nice little subversion as well, so we don't forget that this is also an information war.

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 07-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Really enjoyed the first episode. I'm interested to see where it goes.
The setting seems like it has some cool possibilities.

Munsu
Sun, 07-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Episode 2 is out:

Nice flashback episode to make better introductions of our main cast, or at least 4 of the main girls. Not much action in this one, more of an intrigue episode. Still liking this series plenty.

And now episode 3 is out:

So, after episode 2 ended I was under the impression that Ange and Princess had switched places when they were younger, now I'm not so sure. But the Princess being called Charlotte, and then she referring to Ange as Charlotte I thought that was the case. The behavior on episode 3 gave me some doubts though particularly considering the Princess' ambitions and how Ange seems beholden to them.

Guess we'll learn in time.

Munsu
Wed, 08-02-2017, 05:44 PM
And episode 4 is out:

Seems like I'm the only one watching this? =( One of my favorites this season. Still feels like its on the introduction phase, and glad that Chise returned in this episode since she was so awesome in the first one... though not much action from her sadly. Everyone seems to an ulterior motive and hiding things and conflicting loyalties, can't wait to see when it all comes crashing down.

Regardless, all characters are likable... but I'm ready to take the next step, whatever that may be.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-02-2017, 11:32 PM
The voice loli isn't likable at all.

Munsu
Thu, 08-03-2017, 07:02 AM
The voice loli isn't likable at all.

Yeah, on that one I completely agree. I thought she was much better in this last episode.

neflight86
Sun, 09-10-2017, 11:50 PM
Episode 10

Still going strong. I seems this agent somehow got addicted to that substance to be coerced into betrayal? I like that Dorothy was always just that chill.

In a show like this, a new suspicious superior saying "You don't need to know that" is essentially a challenge to undermine their authority... Also, why does Dorothy look worried about Ange's possible reaction to the assassination announcement when she doesn't know about their relationship?

MasterOfMoogles
Mon, 09-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Super sad this is over.
Pretty much no closure. Really hope it gets a season 2.

One of the best anime this season.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-26-2017, 05:55 AM
Good stuff but unpredictably predictable ending. I liked most of it except for the final arc.

neflight86
Tue, 09-26-2017, 08:09 AM
There was a little bit after the final credits to provide a bit of closure, in case you missed it.

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 09-29-2017, 03:13 AM
You call "When we get back, we'll do more missions" closure?

neflight86
Fri, 09-29-2017, 05:31 PM
It showed they were alive, well, and in good (enough) standing to be communicating with their HQ. Best of all, it remains open for another season, possibly. I couldn't ask for better closure!