PDA

View Full Version : Tsurezure Children

Kraco
Tue, 07-11-2017, 05:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ovqxu9Q.jpg

"This is the official serialization of Wakabayashi Toshiya's popular 4-koma collection.

It's a manga about kids going through a year of High School. Watch as they go through the high and lows of relationships and learn a few things about life, love, and sushi while they're at it." -Batato (manga description)

Short episode format, with the episodes divided in a few parts following different potential couples. The original 4-koma had kind of chapters that mostly concentrated on a single couple for short durations, basically mini-arcs, though sometimes the mini-arcs had more people involved. So, significant time could pass until the same couple appeared again. There's no single MC and of course no routes like in VN adaptations (like Amagami).

- - - -

I've been following this more or less regularly for a long time. The comedy is quite good, the characters really varied, from superb to annoying (luckily not so many annoying). There are a lot of characters, though, so it's nice to see this in colour, not that most of them wouldn't be easy to recognize even in B/W. That being said, with so huge a cast, it goes without saying there are plenty of different romances or romance attempts as well, some more functional, some less.

Episode 1 already presented my favourite couple of this series: The delinquent girl and the student council president. I have no recollection when my second favourite appears (assuming this even follows the manga order, which I'm too lazy to check), but I'm really looking forward to it.

Munsu
Thu, 07-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Just watched the first 2 episodes... very far from my type of show. Not sure if I'll continue it, but have to admit it has its charm and quite amusing at times. Can see many really enjoying this.

Munsu
Wed, 07-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Well... I've continued watching.

Since they're very short, not much of a commitment to make. And there's some really enjoyable things happening here.

Kraco
Thu, 07-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'd enjoy this too much either if the eps were much longer. I like some of the pairs a lot more than others, so longer eps with the less funny ones would be boring. But then again, a lot of my enjoyment comes from looking forward to seeing my favourite characters and chapters animated.

Kraco
Tue, 08-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Episode 6

-- - - -

An ep with both my favourite and least favourite couples. I'm still waiting for my second favourite.

Munsu
Tue, 08-08-2017, 04:47 PM
I know your favorite is the delinquent, which is your least favorite couples? I'll watch episode 6 in a few.

So far I really like the one with the pig tails that is very pragmatic but ignorant about the world. The girl who doubts that as of matter of fact no one could possibly like her and that she has seemingly no interest in anyone. And she keeps mentioning that her friend is a really good person. Forgot her name.

From episode 5, I thought the confession via text scene was very good.

Kraco
Tue, 08-08-2017, 05:35 PM
My least favourite is the otaku type guy with a self-confidence rating of not just zero but minus hundred. Although his buddy is a real bro, but not really a whole lot less annoying.

Misunderstandings and the kind of exchanges the message scene was are the staple of this series. This wouldn't honestly be worth reading or watching without them. There's a bunch of good characters, but they need suitable scenes to work in.

I remembered this last president+delinquent scene from the manga well not really because of the dialogue (which was good, no problem) but because of how those two moved so dynamically. Somehow it was so believable and kind of sexy.

Kraco
Wed, 08-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Episode 7

- - ---- -

This still keeps me waiting, but the troll woman and the jealous little sister do provide quite good comedy, as well as the bizarre love master.

Munsu
Wed, 08-16-2017, 10:26 PM
I like all the pairs featured in this episode, except the 2nd one... I find them the most boring.

And yeah, the trolling was good... though the sister was a bit TOO dense on this.

Not a fan of the Date Master, seems like he's interrupting too much.

Kraco
Tue, 08-22-2017, 04:13 PM
Episode 8

- - -- - - - - -

Pres+delinquent saved this episode, as expected. I always feel like the author's best writing skills are saved for this pair. But it might be just my bias talking. It's just so impressive how the pres is always leading the delinquent by the nose so smoothly.

Aside from that, my second favourite pair made an appearance, albeit only in the background with no lines. I really hope the anime adaptation does them justice. They might be easier to ruin by poor direction and VA choices than most couples in the series.

Kraco
Tue, 08-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Episode 9

- - - - -

A pretty low-key episode, but I didn't dislike it. The show still keeps me waiting for the second favourite. Just how long can it take?

Kraco
Tue, 09-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Episode 11

- - - -

You'd think that if someone is so obsessed they take their phone even to the bath, they would get a waterproof device. But then again, I guess that feature only started to trickle down from the top models in the very recent years, and school kids might not be going for the flagships typically.

Still not my 2nd favourite... Man, it's letting me wait.

Kraco
Mon, 09-25-2017, 11:54 AM
Episode 12 Final

- - - - - --

Umm... Yeah. For the whole duration of the show I waited for my second favourite pair. Now the show ended without those two making a real appearance. I don't really know what to say. Still, this was quite an adept adaptation of the manga.