PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Summer Anime 2017 - Always better than the previous season!

MFauli
Sat, 06-17-2017, 05:49 AM
Almost time for the Summer season!
I havenīt looked up whatīs coming, but Iīll post my own list for interests later. Just to get this out here: START!

http://anichart.net/Summer-2017

Munsu
Sat, 06-17-2017, 07:07 AM
I looked a bit last night, and pretty much everything looked like crap at first quick glance. Hope I'm wrong.

MFauli
Sat, 06-17-2017, 07:15 AM
Show Iīll check out:

- Ballroom e Youkouso (sounds like it might deliver my Yuri!-fix)
- Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni (kinda interesting setting, two hot silver-haired girl. But this could get super generic quickly, especially if the harem-aspect is too overbearing.)
- Kakegurui (again, somewhat interesting, however, the trailer was already getting kinda annoying. Feels like this anime lacks "heart", for lack of a better word. But maybe it pans out good.)
- Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun (football and comeday. Letīs see if it works)
- Knights and Magic (Iīll give it one episode to convince me, otherwise dropped)
- Vatikan Kiseki Chousakan (art looks good, music is nice, too. If it has enough "heart", it might be good.)

Leftovers:

- Boku no Hero no Academia
- re:Creators
- Sagrada Reset (only if I catch up until then. No yet sure if Iīll drop it)

EDIT:

@Munsu: Yeah, I just made my list and was shocked how bad this looks. Only 6 candidates of interest for me, and even then a lot of them might turn out as drop-candidates.
Well, time to work on my anime-backlog then ;D

Kraco
Sat, 06-17-2017, 09:28 AM
It certainly seems like a lackluster season. I guess I'll check out some of the show half randomly, hoping they will be worth something. A couple of the isekai shows, at least. I wish they had animated one of the isekai novels whose manga adaptation I'm reading, but I've never heard of these particular ones.

One show I'm going to watch is Tsurezure Children. It has quite amusing characters. I hope the description isn't an indication of the show concentrating on the least amusing ones.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-17-2017, 11:22 AM
FATE APOCRYPHA. nuff said.

Fanboying aside (and it is really good even if you aren't a Fate fan), I'll still watch the following:
Owarimonogatari nth
New Game!!

The rest I'll check out and see.

EDIT:

OMG SAIYUKI IS GETTING A NEW SEASON.

MFauli
Sat, 06-17-2017, 11:58 AM
I still have other Fate-anime to catch up with, so I wonīt be watching this new one. Otherwise Iīd be in, too.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-17-2017, 12:25 PM
You don't need to watch the others to get this one.

MFauli
Sat, 06-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but I want to watch the others, and thereīs no reason to give preference to this one ;P

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-17-2017, 01:30 PM
Yes there is: A white-haired loli assassin.

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 06-17-2017, 01:56 PM
I am most excited for more Symphogear, as that is my guilty pleasure.

neflight86
Sat, 06-17-2017, 03:17 PM
I am most excited for more Symphogear, as that is my guilty pleasure.

I believe I read somewhere that they announced the 4th and 5th seasons at the same time, sometime during season 3's airing.

It's garbage, but it's my garbage, too.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-17-2017, 04:52 PM
The last Fate OVA or whatever it was was utter crap (the one with that shield-saber), I wonder if this will get any better.

Looks like a crap season 4 me tbh.

I hope there are some comedy shows worth watching, like that Smartphone and Gamer one... otherwise I don't know what to do :/. I don't really have any important left overs from previous season.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Literally the only things I saw that I care about is that Hero Academia is continuing and KonoSuba is getting another OVA pack-in.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-18-2017, 10:37 AM
@Kray - Fate Grand Order was based on a smartphone game that required a bujillion servants to be summoned, so the story had to be flexible enough to handle that, thus resulting in a confusing mess, especially packed into one OAV.

Fate Apocrypha is a light novel series with two anti-heroes as main characters and two sides where a bunch of servants fight against the other party. It's different in a good way.

And there is a white-haired loli assassin (http://68.media.tumblr.com/2d81d099937dd4a06e0756a184d4dc07/tumblr_ntos80oGFP1rb81vjo1_500.jpg).

Kraco
Sun, 06-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the info! I never got around to checking out what Apocrypha is, so I foolishly feared it's something as inane as Grand Order.

David75
Mon, 06-26-2017, 05:55 AM
Bad summer season, more golf, good outcome :D

Edort4
Mon, 06-26-2017, 08:52 AM
This season looks bad... im going full Murtaugh on anime (or they are making me go with so much crap).

Will try Made in Abyss, Vatican and Reflection.

MFauli
Mon, 06-26-2017, 10:13 AM
It certainly looks like a bad season, but as I said before: Time to finally watch some of those "plan to watch"-series that most of us have, I assume.

Will definitely use the time to watch "The daughter of twenty faces", RaXephon and Nichijou.

Munsu
Sat, 09-02-2017, 07:44 PM
So... any series you guys are watching from this season not being discussed here? Or lightly discussed? Looking to see if I missed something entertaining or worth watching.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-02-2017, 11:33 PM
Isekai Shokudo.

Watching fantasy people come eat Westernised Japanese food and drooling over it. It's easy to watch, but not much to discuss.

I could go on a troll rant about how this is like every other Isekai-show where Japan shows off its superiority by amazing elves/medieval societies with its superior culture/military/food/knowledge etc where it's really just modern day stuff.

But I'd rather just watch people eat nice food and smile.

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-03-2017, 05:47 AM
So... any series you guys are watching from this season not being discussed here? Or lightly discussed? Looking to see if I missed something entertaining or worth watching.

Centaur no Nayami. It's only a monster girls series on the surface. They're not really hiding the fact that it is about racism. There's a dark undercurrent to the series as well, where acceptance is strictly enforced by law after centuries of worldwide discrimination, slavery, and abduction and rape.

They're all "humans," (the extra "limbs" which include extra legs like the centaurs or horns for the satyrs) and while they can interbreed, but there are hints that hybrids are not healthy, unless the features of one of the parents bred true.

Overall, the plot of each episode is really light-hearted slice of life stuff laid on top of the darker backdrop. It's interesting from that aspect, but the primary plots are the regular school anime tropes you've seen a million times.

Also, that the centaurs wear pants really bothers me, and the winged people have pretty small holes in their shirts. The series focuses so well on all the other anatomical and biological issues that monster people would have in society (furniture, bathrooms, beds, vehicles, etc), but totally falls flat on clothing. Practical clothing was something that Monster Musume did far better.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-03-2017, 09:08 AM

Surprisingly, Fate Apocrypha. Sure it has its flaws, such as most of the characters being boring, but these slowly get resolved in time as more screentime is given to each one. The fights, especially ones with Mordred in it, are great to watch. Mordred herself is worth watching this for. There's also Frankenpits and loli the ripper.

Munsu
Sun, 09-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Centaur no Nayami had me curious, though not sure if it's something I'm particularly interested in. But will try it later.

Fate Apocrypha only reason I'm not watching is because I'm not up-to-date in the other Fate series, and I like to watch things in order even if they're loosely related.

Isekai Shokudo is another I was curious about.

Any opinions on Shoukoku no Altair? Seems like an Arslan-light series.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-03-2017, 11:33 AM
I second Isekai Shokudo. It's a rather light series but the focus on otherworldly beings hanging out in a family restaurant makes it interesting.

Munsu
Sat, 01-20-2018, 03:53 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread, but was bored and was in the mood for some "isekai" shit so began watching Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.

Bingo, I fucking nailed it... it's pure shit.