PDA

View Full Version : KADO: The Right Answer

Munsu
Sun, 06-11-2017, 09:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JRxst6E.png

Kōjiro Shindō is a highly-skilled negotiator working for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As his plane at Haneda airport prepares to take off, a huge mysterious cube appears from the sky. 'It' expands rapidly, and absorbs the passenger plane and its 252 passengers. The cube's name is "Kado". A strange being called Yaha-kui zaShunina appears from within Kado and tries to make contact with humanity. Shindō, who was been absorbed by Kado, ends up taking on the role of mediator between Yaha-kui zaShunina and humanity. The Japanese government sends its own negotiator, Saraka Tsukai.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=19011

Anyone here watching this? I'm really liking this one, just caught up to episode 9 (10 total including episode 00), and it's been an interesting ride, different than the usual.

There was a "big" twist in the latest episode, not sure if how I feel about it. A bit of a downer, but curious where it will lead. I think it may undo some of the most interesting aspects so far, but we'll see.

seanos
Mon, 06-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Which sub group are you getting it from?
I'm only finding dubbed versions available.

Munsu
Mon, 06-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Horriblesubs.

MFauli
Tue, 06-13-2017, 05:27 AM
This anime is both super interesting and depressing at the same time.

It really shows that knowledge isnīt all that great, rather, the way there is. A lot of popular "what if ...?"-scenarios are being thrown in this show. Especially the "would you not sleep if you didnīt have to?". It seems so attractive to choose that ability, but then again ... I LOVE sleeping and just chilling on my bed/couch. Sure, Yakunhina said you could still choose to sleep. But letīs be real: In a society where sleep isnīt a necessity, those who chose to sleep would be treated like lazy bums.

Anyway, last episode was nice, Yakunhina showing his evil (neutral) side.

I think this will get even worse. If you take all those developments far enough, youīll eventually arrive at a point where mankind as a whole isnīt necessary anymore. Where thereīs only one "awakened" being that has all the enlightenments combined in itself. Maybe thatīs Yakunhinaīs goal: To help birth a new anisotropic being.