PDA

View Full Version : Ren`ai Boukun

neflight86
Fri, 04-07-2017, 01:07 PM

"A Kiss Note is a powerful notebook that makes anyone who have their names written together instantly fall in love if they kiss each other. This magical item belongs to an angel named Guri whose job as cupid is to create couples. However, she accidentally writes down Aino Seiji, a regular high school student, and unless he kisses someone in the course of 24 hours, Guri will die, and Seiji will remain a virgin for the rest of his life.

Eventually, Guri convinces Seiji to kiss his crush, Hiyama Akane, the school's popular girl who turns out to be a yandere, with her feelings for Seiji bordering on obsessive and psychotic. To make the matters worse, after Akane and Seiji become a couple, Guri decides that she likes Seiji as well. Now, what seems awesome to most guys becomes hell for Seiji who just wants a normal relationship with a girl.

Source: MangaHelpers" - from anidb

Genre(s): Comedy, Harem, Romance?

Ren`ai Boukun Episode 01 (https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=914800)

This would be the self aware parody/comedy for this season, as fas as I can tell. Shows calling out their own tropes usually make me roll my eyes, but it isn't done so here with the usual wink-pause that feels like the show is wanting the viewer to 'take in the meta for a moment', so the pacing allows for a good quantity of gags. Definitely recommended if you enjoyed irreverent comedies like Konosuba or Saiki.

David75
Fri, 04-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Over the top and tiring, laughed a little.
I'm not sure I'll watch a second ep.

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 04-08-2017, 03:20 AM
I like the idea of the premise, but I think it is poorly executed.
None of the characters are interesting or very funny, and they take their tropes too far to the point where it is just ridiculous.

I'll probably watch another episode, but this is most likely going in the "drop" bucket unless there's some redeeming factor.

MFauli
Sat, 04-08-2017, 05:53 AM
Very cheap, enclosed first episode. The yandere is too crass, come the fuck on, she would have killed people if it wasnt for the "oh, he´s an angel and angels can´t die". Art is kinda bland, too. The angel is cute, though, I like small girls with dark hair ;> And it´s kinda refreshing that the series has no problem with executing kisses. Normally, anime would beat around the bush forever, here a kiss happens at random and it definitely relaxes things.

Not sure where this goes, but I´ll give ep 2 a try.

MFauli
Fri, 05-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Episode 5 is out
------------------

Anime like these make me wonder: Everybody always says how there are more manga in Japan than can ever be read and that we in the West only now about a small portion of those manga. So HOW can it be that this one is being made into an anime? Am I supposed to believe that this story is better than the myriad of manga in Japan? No? Then WHY?!?

Anyway, nobody should watch this anime. Its opening is the only good thing. At episode 5, I´m half-way through, so maybe I´ll finish watching it while playing Fire Emblem Heroes on my smartphone.