PDA

View Full Version : Boruto Episode 1-Current

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-05-2017, 10:25 AM

---

Disappointed that this didn't start out with chapter 700 of the Naruto manga. It's Naruto's real finale, and we might not ever get to see it in animated form...

Anyway, I don't recognize these scenes from any of the various manga stories set in the Boruto time period. Other than the very opening scene. So...this is functionally filler.

Why is paperwork a problem for Naruto? Couldn't he just, like, make 100 clones and do it all super fast?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-12-2017, 08:15 AM

---

Oh man, I didn't even recognize Shino. And they ruined Anko...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-19-2017, 01:26 PM

---

Hmm, Metal is also good at throwing shuriken...I wonder if that's implying that TenTen is his mom.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-27-2017, 01:21 AM

---

These other classmates(nerd kid, tough older kid, shy girl) are actually getting a moderate amount of screen time. I wonder if they're all going to die horribly since they aren't really around in things that take place later than this.

Or maybe they'll just put the 3 of them on a team and shuffle them to the background.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-03-2017, 08:22 PM

---

Did they seriously let Orochimaru rebuild the Hidden Sound?

I know he helped out at the end of the last war and all, but he's still basically Hitler!

David75
Wed, 05-03-2017, 11:16 PM
I guess the school destruction is to become a recurring gag ?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-04-2017, 12:24 AM
Hey! I'm not the only one watching this!

David75
Thu, 05-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Non you're not. I'm still pondering wether I can find something for me in that show.
Cameos, powers we know in those youngsters, the similarities and differences with their parents, I'm not sure that's enough.
Their easygoing way of life is to change from what we've seen in ep one and with the remainder that peace is still young and fragile, but I wish the pace was faster.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-04-2017, 03:29 PM
I feel like this entire arc is unnecessary. There's no reason they couldn't have just started where the manga did.

Naruto started with them graduating the academy, not joining it. And already Boruto, and in fact pretty much everyone in the cast, knows 10x more stuff than the kids did at the start of the last series.

redcat
Thu, 05-04-2017, 05:08 PM
nyaa.se isn't loading for me, anyone else?

edit: damn

https://pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5

http://horriblesubs.info/2017/05/latest-nyaa-update-rss-availability/

DarthEnderX
Fri, 05-05-2017, 01:10 AM
That stinks, it was such a good site.

Anyone got a good substitute?

lelouch
Sat, 05-06-2017, 01:44 AM
Boruto learning summoning jutsu in 20 minutes while being years younger than Naruto (who took weeks or months to learn it while training under a legendary sanning) ruined this series for me. They're just milking it at this point.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-06-2017, 10:43 PM
He didn't REALLY learn the summoning Jutsu though. That thing he summoned was clearly not a normal summon animal and seems to be tied to the arc villain in some way.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-24-2017, 02:37 PM

---

Hey, this is finally starting to get interesting.

Boruto has definitely got SOME kind of Dojutsu. And it's probably related to him being a Hyuga, but it's clearly different from the actual Byakugan.

We know that Sharingan+Senju DNA = Rinnegan. I wonder if Byakugan+Ukzumaki(related to the Senji) DNA = some entirely new eye ability.

That said, I'm pretty sure that this arc is tied directly to the "The Last: Naruto the Movie", as the guy in Boruto's dream looks like Toneri Otsutsuki, and Boruto's eye is a blueish white, like the Tenseigan from that movie, only Boruto's also turns his sclera black.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 05-31-2017, 06:35 AM
Episode 9

They are clearly milking this. They could have advanced the story in a decent way here. Episode 9 was clearly filler for milk. in 22 minutes there was maybe 90 seconds of advancement in the story.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-31-2017, 12:15 PM
Hanabi is uncomfortably flirtatious with her nephew...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 06-21-2017, 11:54 AM

---

Man, how did I know the Sound kid was grown in a vat. Seriously, why is Orochimaru free again?

So Konohamaru and Moegi are teachers/squad leaders, what happened to Udon?

I don't understand why Naruto had to leave. He already HAD a clone on site, why not just use the clone?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 07-13-2017, 03:57 PM

---

I like how Boruto's other classmates are gradually getting more defined as the series progresses.

They started off as just a bunch of faceless nobodies, but the slowly started getting specific appearances and abilities. And not just the ones Boruto interacts with.

Like the two generic girls that hang out with the other girls became less generic all of a sudden in the boys vs. girls episode. And then suddenly in this episode, there's a kid with a face tattoo and a goth girl with a doll that we've never seen before that were supposedly there all along.

I kinda like that vocal version of that recurring theme they played during the test in this episode too.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-03-2017, 01:56 PM

---

And finally, we get to see the moment that the entire series was building towards...Naruto becoming Hokage!

In a spinoff series...in a filler episode...and he didn't show up for it.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-09-2017, 02:18 PM

---

If anyone actually cares, this is the first episode of this series that isn't actually filler. It's the start of one of the manga sidestories.

I like how the Mangekyo Sharingan, which was a super forbidden secret as recently as a decade ago, is now just in public library books...

LaZie
Sat, 08-12-2017, 02:59 PM
It's finally getting good.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-06-2017, 08:14 AM

---

Really good, short, sweet story arc.

Probably Sakura's 2nd best fight in the entire franchise actually.

I feel like Shin got the short end of the stick with his Mangekyou. Everyone else got powers that control space or time or fire that consumes everything. All he got was some telekinesis.

Kinda surprised Kabuto isn't still with Orochimaru when most of the rest of his minions are.

I wish Karin WAS Sarada's mother. Then Sarada would have been half Uchiha and half Uzumaki. Now I have to wait for Sarada and Boruto's kid to get that.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-20-2017, 01:32 PM

---

I lol'd at the plastic replica of Zabuza's sword at the souvenir stand.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-04-2017, 02:04 PM

---

It's weird how they keep going on about Kagura having Yagura's bloodlost, but we know from watching Naruto that all of that came from Obito having brainwashed Yagura.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-18-2017, 09:50 PM

---

The writing gymnastics this series does to ensure that Boruto is the one that has to deal with these problems that he has no business dealing with are just ridiculous.

lelouch
Thu, 10-19-2017, 11:35 AM

---

The writing gymnastics this series does to ensure that Boruto is the one that has to deal with these problems that he has no business dealing with are just ridiculous.

Agreed.

Mizukage: "Okay child who is not even a Genin yet. I will let you, the child of a foreign leader, be exposed to immense danger by attacking 7 chuunin+ level ninja who wield legendary swords and are close to starting a civil war, even though this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I will also go by myself with no backup, so that you may be exposed to even more danger since I can't hold them all off myself at the same time. I won't even bring the former Mizukage, who already knows about this."

Horrible writing.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-19-2017, 06:22 PM
Mizukage: "Okay child who is not even a Genin yet. I will let you, the child of a foreign leader, be exposed to immense danger by attacking 7 chuunin+ level ninja who wield legendary swords and are close to starting a civil war, even though this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I will also go by myself with no backup, so that you may be exposed to even more danger since I can't hold them all off myself at the same time. I won't even bring the former Mizukage, who already knows about this."Could not have summed that up better.

And the explanation is "Well, if I go after them officially, I'd be FORCED to execute that one guy. But if you go, then we can just hand wave it as "boys will be boys".

It's the fucking dumbest. Like, maybe you SHOULD execute that guy, who still clearly has no control over himself, but you gave him one of your magic swords anyway.

lelouch
Fri, 10-20-2017, 07:48 AM
Is this filler or are we on canon yet? I will forgive this if it's filler.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-20-2017, 11:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Boruto manga doesn't even START until after they're already genin and on a team. So as long as they're still at the academy, everything is filler.

The only thing in this series that hasn't been filler is Sarada's arc, which was based on some gaiden miniseries.

lelouch
Wed, 10-25-2017, 11:58 AM
I don't know what's more messed up, that we're over half-a-year into Boruto and it's all been filler (why did they even start the series if they're not ready with canon?), or how badly they're butchering power levels in this show.

If the seven swordsman were only genin (doesn't really make sense given their age and power), there is now way they would be able to even scratch the Mizukage (Leaf team 7 as genin couldn't even take a goddamn bell from Kakashi, including Sasuke who was a genius / probably the most motivated / hard training child in the naruto universe couldn't do it). Therefore, I assume they are AT LEAST chuunin.

If they are chuunin, there is absolutely no way Sarada or the earth-style classmate who got held back a year, should be able to beat them on their own, as they aren't even Genin. Also makes no sense how Sarada's sharingan is already mature enough to auto-copy advanced jutsu when she probably doesn't even know her nature affinity yet. Sarada grew up in a very relaxed environment without any real strong motivation to train, and hasn't shown that she trains an insane amount. Even if she did train more than the average person, there is just no f'ing way she would be stronger than Sasuke before even reaching Genin.

Honestly this show is ruining my childhood. I wouldn't be surprised if these writers never even watched the damn series.

They should just kill the current show with fire and make a darker / more serious sequel called "Boruto's Dad" where they show the intense / shadowy missions of Naruto now that he's an adult (maybe a quick stint in ANBU?)

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Also makes no sense how Sarada's sharingan is already mature enough to auto-copy advanced jutsu when she probably doesn't even know her nature affinity yet. Sarada grew up in a very relaxed environment without any real strong motivation to train, and hasn't shown that she trains an insane amount. Even if she did train more than the average person, there is just no f'ing way she would be stronger than Sasuke before even reaching Genin.I actually enjoyed Sarada's fight, because it's nice seeing the OP Sharingan in the hands of a character that's not a complete asshole for once.

lelouch
Thu, 10-26-2017, 01:51 PM
I actually enjoyed Sarada's fight, because it's nice seeing the OP Sharingan in the hands of a character that's not a complete asshole for once.

Level 1 sharingan should not be able to do all of the things that it did, especially in the hands of someone who hasn't even graduated the academy yet.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-27-2017, 06:21 AM
Level 1 sharingan should not be able to do all of the things that it did, especially in the hands of someone who hasn't even graduated the academy yet.Well, the copying is something it can totally do at level one because Sasuke was copying Lee's moves back at the start of the Chuunin exam.

The illusions not so much, but Sasuke was never one for using his illusions very much anyway.

lelouch
Fri, 10-27-2017, 04:20 PM
Are we the last people left on this forum? I feel like the entire forum (not just the naruto/boruto thread) is dead compared to like 5 years ago. Not sure why. Know of any other forums with a decent community? Not really into reddit or anything super huge since it's just a bunch of random people posting. But here it's like, no one really posting ever on anything.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-27-2017, 07:48 PM
The simple fact is, this is a forum for a fansub group, that doesn't fansub anymore. So the number of incoming new users is exactly zero. So people drift away, and then don't get replaced by anyone.

I haven't really looked for any other forums, but I've been to a few, and the problem I keep encountering is most of them don't disallow manga spoilers in their anime threads.

I've said this before, but I seriously think they need to close these subforums.

I feel like this and the One Piece forums would get more posts if they were just in the main forum, because I think a lot of users don't even leave that subforum anymore.

lelouch
Sat, 10-28-2017, 02:12 PM
Lmao really? I had no idea "gotwoot" was a fansub group. Been here 11 years, never knew what that actually was. Also wasn't aware this is a "sub forum"? Where is this "main forum" of legend you speak of?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-28-2017, 09:34 PM
Lmao really? I had no idea "gotwoot" was a fansub group. Been here 11 years, never knew what that actually was.Yeah, I want to say they used to sub Naruto back when I first got into watching fansubbed anime. At least, I think Naruto is what originally brought me here.

That had to have been back in, like, 2003?

*checks join date* 2004 I guess.

Also wasn't aware this is a "sub forum"? Where is this "main forum" of legend you speak of?I'll assume this is a joke since I've seen you post in the main forum.

lelouch
Sun, 10-29-2017, 10:43 PM
I'll assume this is a joke since I've seen you post in the main forum.

Is the main forum just the "General Anime" one with all the other seasonal animes? I thought you meant like a different site or something

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-30-2017, 10:53 PM
Is the main forum just the "General Anime" one with all the other seasonal animes? I thought you meant like a different site or somethingNope. I meant the General Anime forum.

redcat
Wed, 11-01-2017, 10:16 AM
this "power of friendship" crap is getting old

just waiting for baruto and kagura to fuck

lelouch
Wed, 11-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Nope. I meant the General Anime forum.

Yeah I don't know what that is, link?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-02-2017, 02:33 AM
You do, your the one that said General Anime forum. That's what I was talking about.

lelouch
Thu, 11-02-2017, 02:01 PM
You do, your the one that said General Anime forum. That's what I was talking about.

Ohhhh I misread your response, gotcha.

Back on topic: A fun fight to see would be pre-genin sasuke vs pre-genin mitsuki. Wonder who is stronger.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-17-2017, 04:16 PM
I think I'm done with this for awhile. The last couple episodes have just been so...fucking...boring.

lelouch
Fri, 11-17-2017, 11:43 PM
Yeah this show sucks honestly. Like if it wasn't riding the coat tails of Naruto and was just a stand-alone show without any of the back story, this shit would die so quick.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-19-2017, 02:34 AM
I liked Sarada's arc and...that's pretty much it.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 05-02-2018, 11:52 AM
They're up to the Genin Exam arc now or Chuunin exams. Either way, it's still boring.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Yeah, they're basically doing the Dragon Ball Super thing of going over the stuff that was already in the movie now.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 05-16-2018, 10:57 AM
Yeah, they're basically doing the Dragon Ball Super thing of going over the stuff that was already in the movie now.

Yes but DBS did not take over a year to get to the same point in the movie. Took like 13 episodes.

Boruto has taken over a year.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-17-2018, 12:40 AM
Yes but DBS did not take over a year to get to the same point in the movie. Took like 13 episodes.

Boruto has taken over a year.Well, sure, but Boruto didn't spend a year telling the story of the movie. It took a year telling a bunch of different arcs, and it's only getting to the movie now.

It'd be like if Super started with a bunch of other arcs before getting to the Beerus arc.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 05-17-2018, 10:26 AM
Well, sure, but Boruto didn't spend a year telling the story of the movie. It took a year telling a bunch of different arcs, and it's only getting to the movie now.

It'd be like if Super started with a bunch of other arcs before getting to the Beerus arc.

Yes but those other arcs did not add to the story or give character development. It was just a year of filler that was not even needed.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-21-2018, 02:11 AM
Let's be real here. All of Boruto is filler. Even the stuff that's not filler.

David75
Mon, 05-21-2018, 12:36 PM
I stopped watching Bore-u-to(death)...

yapchagi
Thu, 08-30-2018, 01:47 PM
so this show still any good? i haven't continued watching it since ep 42. I feel like they're mostly garbage fillers.

Mizuchi
Sun, 01-27-2019, 09:30 PM
ohnoki died

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-13-2019, 10:33 AM
Honestly it was weird they let him survive the time skip in the first place.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-24-2021, 01:49 AM
I main a thread in the main forum (https://www.gotwoot.org/showthread.php/23921-Boruto?p=570227#post570227) since nobody comes here anymore.