PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Spring Anime 2017 - It's your fault if you don't find anything of interest!

MFauli
Wed, 03-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Itīs that time of the year again, only a couple weeks before spring season begins. From the looks, itīs extremely promising. But without further ado, letīs start!

http://anichart.net/Spring-2017

MFauli
Wed, 03-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Anime Iīll definitely check out:

- Granblue Fantasy (watched episode 1, itīs okay. Hope it gets better)
- DanMachi Season 2
- Boku no Hero no Academia (super hype! Frog loli is my waifu!)
- BERSERK Season 2 (what can be said :/ It mostly sucks, but itīs the only way to see the later manga parts animated. sigh)
- Zero kara hajimeru Majo no Shou (a ReZero-copycat work, but hereīs hope that animation and sound will be dramatic enough to capture me)
- Re:Creators (another ReZero-copycat work. Same as the above)
- Shingeki no Kyoujin Season 2 (star of the season? Ill try and keep my expectations low, after how badly Berserk turned out)
- Little Witch Academia Season 2 (itīs fun, no reason to stop)

Maybe:

- Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Kinki Kyouten (sounds like it might be fun, but have to see it before evaluating more)
- Alice no Zouroku (teaser is useless. )
- Boruto (fuck Naruto, but if itīs well animated and without fillers, maybe ill give it a try)

While thereīs a lot of anime that have me interested, itīs disappointing that there is not a single show thatīs set in present time and features some scifi/fantasy-element, like BokuMachi or, despite not being that great, Chaos;Child. Itīs all full-on fantasy anime this season. Oh well.

KrayZ33
Wed, 03-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Looks like a good season to me:

TV shows:

Saenai Heroine: I liked the animation and the girls were superb.

Danmachi Wallenstein PoV: Why not, the original had the best climax I've seen in anime so far, even if the rest was mediocre (and the ending bad). So, I'm looking forward to a similar fight, and I like Wallenstein too. so I'm in.

Attack on Titan: Obviously

Little Witch: it's okay.

Shingeki no Bahamut: VIRGIN SOUL: I want to see Jeanne again. Trailer showed another dance scene too, which is cool.

Movies:

Mahouka: I liked the setting, that jesus MC was annoying but I liked his badass attitude when it comes to killing people, no fucks given.

Might watch:

Borito, Fukumenkei Noise, Rokudenashi Majutsu, SAGRADA RESET, Zero

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 03-08-2017, 07:49 PM
Renai Boukun: been reading the manga when it came out so I am pleasantly surprised to see this as an animated series.
sin Nanatsu no Taizai: Weekly dose of tits.
Boku no Hero Academia 2: Well duh
BERSERK 2: Did watch the first one.
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Shou: Sure I'll give it a shot.
Re:Creators: Give it a shot.
Shingeki no Bahamut: VIRGIN SOUL: Really loved the first one.
Attack on Titan: Sure.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Definitely going to watch Attack on Titan, Berserk and Hero Academia.

Probably end up watching Boruto as well, because fuck my life.

Boruto (fuck Naruto, but if itīs well animated and without fillers, maybe ill give it a try)I don't see how it can not have fillers. That manga only has, like, 10 chapters out. And it's all adaptation of the Boruto movie that came out.

The only way it won't be ALL filler in fact is if they do the Dragon Ball Super thing of having the first arc just be a remake of the movie.

MFauli
Sat, 04-01-2017, 06:05 AM
New season has started! Just watched Boku no Hero Academia S2 episode 1, great start.

I hope some of you create new threads for the more promising anime of this season, donīt let me do all the work again :P

MFauli
Fri, 05-19-2017, 04:57 PM
So the Blame movie is releasing at the moment on Netflix. Anybody got a link where to watch it for free? nyaa.si doesnīt seem to have it :> Thx!

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-19-2017, 05:17 PM
Just watch it on Netflix on free one month sub then cancel.

MFauli
Fri, 05-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Thx for the advice. Gonna watch now ;> WITH GERMAN DUB!!1

Munsu
Fri, 06-09-2017, 09:35 PM
So... what's been good or bad so far?

I'm particularly curious about Kado.

MFauli
Sat, 06-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Obvious must-sees:

- Little Witch Academia
- Boku no Hero no Academia
- Dragon Ball Super (if youīre a DB-fan, ofc)

Great:

- Sekai Suru Kado
- Berserk (covers the best part of the manga imo, so Iīm biased, I guess)
- Shingeki no Kyojin S2 (except itīll end with an even worse cliffhanger after only 12 episodes. Donīt watch if you can bear it)

Mediore with lots of wasted potential:

- Rokudenashi
- Shuumatsu
- Zero Kara
These three all suffer from a shallow presentation in terms of narrative. All three sound highly interesting when you read their summary. The animation and general production value is rather great, too. But the story and how itīs presented ... infuriating. Really saddening. All three could have been memorable masterpieces, but they barely reach average status.

Munsu
Sat, 06-10-2017, 06:12 AM
Obvious must-sees:

- Little Witch Academia
- Boku no Hero no Academia
- Dragon Ball Super (if youīre a DB-fan, ofc)

Great:

- Sekai Suru Kado
- Berserk (covers the best part of the manga imo, so Iīm biased, I guess)
- Shingeki no Kyojin S2 (except itīll end with an even worse cliffhanger after only 12 episodes. Donīt watch if you can bear it)

Mediore with lots of wasted potential:

- Rokudenashi
- Shuumatsu
- Zero Kara
These three all suffer from a shallow presentation in terms of narrative. All three sound highly interesting when you read their summary. The animation and general production value is rather great, too. But the story and how itīs presented ... infuriating. Really saddening. All three could have been memorable masterpieces, but they barely reach average status.

Little Witch Academia - Is it a remake from the previous series? Do I miss anything if I don't watch the previous series?

My Hero Academia - already watching

Sekai Suru Kado - Going to watch this, I see no discussion here though =(

Berserk - I couldn't stomach the art in the first season, what a waste. Does it improve?

Attack on Titan - I always wait for the BD on this one because of potential censoring.

Rokudenashi - No clue on this one.

Shuumatsu - Already watching.

Zero Kara - Just began watching it.

MFauli
Sat, 06-10-2017, 06:24 AM
I didnīt watch that Little Witch Academia-OVA either, so that should answer that :P Hands down best anime right now, if I had to choose one.

Munsu
Sun, 06-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Any opinion on Atom: The Beginning?