PDA

View Full Version : Berserk: OLD OBSOLETE THREAD

Elmdorz
Mon, 12-08-2003, 05:36 AM
Okay i finally saw dvd 6 of berserk.... All i can say is... what the ..... happened? I mean the ending was so shocking and dissapointing i dont know what to say... Is there anymore episodes beyond this point?

its an insult to misspell "berserk" http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Serpico
Mon, 12-08-2003, 05:42 AM
no not as of yet, and maybe never. The manga however is roughly 3 times as long and is still going strong. How will it end, who know but that will still take several more years, for even the manga to get close to finishing so dont count on watching the ending in anime anytime soon.

The anime covers basically volume 4-14, the manga is currently on volume 27.

Xeo
Mon, 12-08-2003, 12:51 PM
Yeah... I remembered that I found the ending completely shocking and unsatisfying. Does anyone know where I can find the manga? Online? Licensed? Anywhere?

simonsays6
Tue, 12-09-2003, 04:38 AM
Ya, Dark Horse licensed it (at least the first 3 volumes). First one came out in October, the next is out early next year... good stuff...

joker-kun
Tue, 12-09-2003, 05:48 AM
Berserk could have easily been a contendor for my favorite, but yah the ending totally runed it, and I also hated how it suddenly changed outta no where, one second its medevil kickass fighting, the next its some stupid sick sci fi shit, but the last 5 eps just totally ruined the whole series for me, i wouldnt even be interested in reading the manga http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Serpico
Tue, 12-09-2003, 06:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joker-kun @ Dec 9 2003, 04:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> one second its medevil kickass fighting, the next its some stupid sick sci fi shit </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
joker-kun, there is absolutely no Sci-fi in Berserk and there never will be.

It is pure fantasy and always has been. In episode 1 there are ghosts and demons, that should&#39;ve been a tip off.

joker-kun
Tue, 12-09-2003, 06:21 AM
i dont mean sci fi like that, well i guess thats the only meaning of sci fi http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif , but lets put it this way not including the first ep the show massively changed, and i personally liked it the way it was and in my opinion it ruined the show, but what ruined it more was the ending

Drunken_Lord
Tue, 12-09-2003, 07:55 AM
In response to Xeo&#39;s question: you can find vol. 4 - 25 of the manga here ('http://www.thehawks.org/hawks/bt/index.php?dir=.%2FBerserk'). It&#39;s a pretty big download though 1.37 gigs. *whispers* And if you want volumes 1 - 3 goto The Manga Database ('http://www.mangadb.com')

Yea, I was like WTF when I saw the ending to Berserk. But since I remembered the begining I was like &quot;ah, so that&#39;s how he lost his arm.&quot; And &quot;ah, so that&#39;s why he was so pissed at that snake monster.&quot; I too thought it was the end until I found out that it&#39;s not really &quot;the end&quot;, just the end of that season of anime. Once I downloaded the manga I couldn&#39;t stop reading it. Damn, it&#39;s too sweet. I&#39;m currently waiting the Hawks to release vol. 26 just in time for Christmas http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

joker-kun
Tue, 12-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Im quite aware that the end wasnt really the end, but i liked berserk the way it was, it was to much of a change for me, so i dont even wanna read the manga http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

FlatulationNoJutsu
Tue, 12-09-2003, 08:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Im quite aware that the end wasnt really the end, but i liked berserk the way it was, it was to much of a change for me, so i dont even wanna read the manga* </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

i dont want to contradict or anything, but trust me on this one, my friend. berserk only gets better from where the anime left off. despite the way the anime ended, you would be surprised at how good it is.

OFF TOPIC: i have the berserk game for dreamcast, and i was just wondering where in the timeline of berserk it takes place. anyways all of you dreamcast owners out there (the few, the proud) i recommend going to suprnova and getting this game. BEWARE, THE GAME TAKES PLACE <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>AFTER</span> THE ANIME&#33; if you dont want it to spoil anything or leave you plain out dumbfounded and confused, make sure you read the manga first http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif Sure you may bash it for being in english and for the way they pronounce certain things but hey, the game KICKS ASS&#33;

P.S. i heard there was going to be a second season/continuation of berserk. is this true? if so, i wonder how they will do it, volume 18 would be troublesome wouldnt it?

Locke
Tue, 12-09-2003, 09:43 AM
www.skullknight.net for translated chapters, NOT SCANSLATIONS just pure text translations. We&#39;re far past the stuff you guys have seen.

There are no plans for a second season, although there is alot of support for one, and alot of people want it... its still just a rumor everyone passes around. There are no current plans for a second season.

Beserk keeps getting better and better, you must read it.

hiddenOne
Fri, 12-26-2003, 12:21 PM
theres no seeds for the 4-25 file =(

Uzumaki Naruto
Sat, 12-27-2003, 04:19 AM
im guessing that all of u have seen the alst eps alrady so here it goes do u all agre with me that griffith was a bastard for wut he did to caska right in front of gats i mean man that was so fukin gay and so was the ending it so elft our asses hanging there wondering WTF has happend since then

SubWRX
Sat, 01-03-2004, 02:58 AM
well, i agree its not compared to berserk, but most people i have talked to, think dbz is the best, cause its the most popular. and yes i am dieing to read the manga, i just haven&#39;t found any places near that carry it, i have had a hard time finding it online. i have read some but not a lot.

and as for the point of this, name some other mangas that compare...or that you think are better.

itachi_
Sat, 01-03-2004, 03:09 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SubWRX @ Jan 3 2004, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well, i agree its not compared to berserk, but most people i have talked to, think dbz is the best, cause its the most popular. and yes i am dieing to read the manga, i just haven&#39;t found any places near that carry it, i have had a hard time finding it online. i have read some but not a lot.

and as for the point of this, name some other mangas that compare...or that you think are better. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Akira Toriyama is he from china or japan? he&#39;s the one who made Dragon Ball

joker-kun
Sat, 01-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Brserk anime, is the absolute worst and biggest disappointment ever know to man, I say this because it pisses me off, that u r forced to read the manga, after suspecting a very enjoyable anime. Shame on those assholes in Japan. atleast for me it was only a fansub, I watched, if I was Japanese I would be on a killing rampage http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-03-2004, 04:19 AM
well, you can think about it the other way around, that the Berserk Manga is just the best thing ever created.

that was the case for me, I watched the rocking anime first, and it just makes reading the manga so much better&#33;

if the people you talk to think DBZ is the best, you should really find new, non sucky, friends ( http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif ) even my friends have other favorites (Kenshin, they&#39;re really hyped on it cuz they got the jinchuu arc now)...

oh, and there are a few animes that can compare to berserk anime:

Trigun, Wolf&#39;s Rain, FLCL, Kare Kano...

but no manga can come close to Berserk&#33;

itachi_
Sat, 01-03-2004, 04:24 AM
But you gotta admit, watching anime is much more fun then reading manga...
You can go down the store and buy donald duck or read a japanese book then... but anime is something special, i just read manga because i want to know what&#39;s going to happend...

joker-kun
Sat, 01-03-2004, 04:35 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z @ Jan 3 2004, 03:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> well, you can think about it the other way around, that the Berserk Manga is just the best thing ever created.

that was the case for me, I watched the rocking anime first, and it just makes reading the manga so much better&#33;

if the people you talk to think DBZ is the best, you should really find new, non sucky, friends ( http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif ) even my friends have other favorites (Kenshin, they&#39;re really hyped on it cuz they got the jinchuu arc now)...

oh, and there are a few animes that can compare to berserk anime:

Trigun, Wolf&#39;s Rain, FLCL, Kare Kano...

but no manga can come close to Berserk&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Whether or not berserk or any other manga is good or as u say &quot;the best ever created&quot; is completly opinion. just as whether anime or manga is better is also opinion.

as for finding new friends based on the fact that they like DBZ, that is the most immature and retarded thing, I may have ever heard in my life. If u base friends on what kind of anime they watch, I am guessing u probably had none to begin with. Grow up and get a life aside from Berserk u nerd. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif lmao

Mut
Sat, 01-03-2004, 04:56 AM
sorry, berserk is awesome but cowboy bebop is the best anime ever. period.

_Neji_
Sat, 01-03-2004, 07:59 AM
Berserk? Best of all time? Your opinion proves you&#39;re tongue is immature, since your tastes are flawed.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-03-2004, 08:11 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joker&#045;kun &#064; Jan 3 2004, 03:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Whether or not berserk or any other manga is good or as u say &quot;the best ever created&quot; is completly opinion. just as whether anime or manga is better is also opinion.

as for finding new friends based on the fact that they like DBZ, that is the most immature and retarded thing, I may have ever heard in my life. If u base friends on what kind of anime they watch, I am guessing u probably had none to begin with. Grow up and get a life aside from Berserk u nerd. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif lmao </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
you know, for someone with the name of &#39;joker-kun&#39; you don&#39;t really have sense of humor...

let me explain the last post in a more simple way.

you first read the manga and then watched the anime, right?
so for you the anime was dissapointing.

but for people that first watched the anime and only then moved on to the manga, such as myself, the anime was great and the manga was even better.

about the friends comment:
there are two clues that should have tipped you off that i&#39;m joking, aside from the fact that no man with his right mind would tell you to diss your friends over some stupid anime...
a. the term &#39;non sucky&#39;, have you ever seen anyone using it on a not comic refearence? it&#39;s a small but vital difference, when you say someone sucks, you mean it in a bad way, when you use term sucky, it&#39;s more of a humorus way.
b. there was a smiley afterwards... and smilyes are meant to be funny, not anything else.

and yes, you&#39;re right, berserk being the best ever created is my opinion, which should be obivious seeing how this a forum which is based on perssoanl opinions and this whole thread is own perssonal opinions..
and yes, the comparisons that i made between other animes and Berserk are also my opinion

and about the part where you start swearing at me because of some stupid joke which you have obivously failed to understand... I say we just leave it behind, what do you say?

EDIT:
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_Neji_ &#064; Jan 3 2004, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Berserk? Best of all time? Your opinion proves you&#39;re tongue is immature, since your tastes are flawed.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

well, if we have to get into gramitical things, your&#39;s isn&#39;t much better, but since i&#39;m not an english native speaker, it shouldn&#39;t matter.

Flawed tastes? are you aware to the fact that perssonal tastes can not be flawed?

and yeah, I know that i was dissing people who like DBZ a while ago, but that&#39;s because i&#39;m assumming they didn&#39;t watch anything else, but if it would make you feel better, i&#39;m sorry about how the way i said it.

was there a point to that post? or was it just a sophisticated way of saying &quot;OMG&#33; JUUX SUXXXX&#33;&#33;&#33;1111 NOOB&#33;&#33;@&#33;111&quot;. if there was a point, then i missed.

and one more thing. my opinion proves that my tongue is immature since my tastes aren&#39;t like your&#39;s? isn&#39;t it like me saying that i&#39;m right becuase i said so?

anyway, it&#39;s a school night, so i should really get some sleep, my P.E teacher is probably gonna run us a 2000m run tommorow.

SubWRX
Sat, 01-03-2004, 11:31 AM
dude, seriously, i asked for your opinion, thats the point of the post, now if you don&#39;t like it...say why, its just an opinion to see what people think about it, and to see if it is really as good as what other people say and i think. but just being an ass and say people suck and are immature, doesn&#39;t much explain WHY the anime or manga sucks, all its doing is making you look like an angry bastard, which i am sure you are, but i still want reasons. ok thanks http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

and a list of other great animes and whoever said cowboy bebop...COME ON&#33;&#33; its funny, and some decent action, but there is a lack of a really good underlying theme like Berserk has, and its also not as emotional, its just more humor. but its all about tastes... so that my OPINION about cowboy bebop.

SubWRX
Sat, 01-03-2004, 12:19 PM
I am sure this has been on here before, and if it hasn&#39;t well it should be. I truely think that Berserk could be the best anime of all time. the only down side was there was only 25 eps. but i mean geez, it has everything.

some people will argue dbz, but that was only famous. it didn&#39;t have all the underlying themes and such that Berserk had and it definitely didn&#39;t bring out as many feelings. DB-Z-GT was funny, and action packed, and sometimes sad, but not really cause everyone always comes back ot life anyway. Berserk had its funny parts, was action packed, way more than dbz, and it was definitely more sad, and way more freaky. and there are all those other feelings like pitty and such that never occured in dbz.

Sure dbz is more popular, but thats just cause its more main stream. i am not saying dbz is by any means, but come on BERSERK&#33;&#33;

ok and if you say cowboy bebop and such, just dont&#39; say anything at all. yes it was good, but it doesn&#39;t compare. gundam...ha. well what do you guys think?

IF YOU HAVEN&#39;T WATCHED BERSERK WATCH IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; and the manga just got released in the US http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Uberbaka
Sat, 01-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I&#39;d rather recommend reading the manga first and then watching the anime as a &quot;Bonus&quot;. I way prefer the manga on this one considering it&#39;s -still- not finished.

eimaj
Sat, 01-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Berserk was good -- I just wish that they would make more eps. There still more manga so that means there still a story there that need to be drawn

itachi_
Sat, 01-03-2004, 12:56 PM
It was meant to be more episodes but there was not any channel that would broadcast it. If you have seen the whole series... then you propbably notices the strange 1st episode, it&#39;s actually the 26th... The animeserie of berserk was banned

Death BOO Z
Sat, 01-03-2004, 12:59 PM
comparing Berserk with DBZ isn&#39;t really the way to say anything...

DBZ is pure shit, suprior only to newer pieces of shit, such as YGH, YYH and bayblade (which has the most stupid &#39;plot&#39; ever, and therefore is the most shity thing ever aired ), it doesn&#39;t even deserve being in the same paragraph as Berserk.

i seriously don&#39;t get the point of this thread, you&#39;re not telling us anything new, and there&#39;s nothing to talk about...

joker-kun
Sun, 01-04-2004, 02:37 AM
ummm i dont recall swearing, i guess it was a joke but its not to obvious, but yeah, who cares just as i shouldnt care about what internet people say i shouldnt care bout leaving an argument behind, and i am a Joker&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Guizmo0
Tue, 01-06-2004, 02:05 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 6 2004, 12:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Most people watch berserk because of it&#39;s ruthless killing... the story is screwed up... it makes no sense after episode 22. Maybe the manga is better, the anime is total crap&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
you dont know ANYTHING bout berserk . You probably have those 100 mb berserk eps and the story is still running at the manga. The anime tried to make it less violent but they ended it there since after that, there where to many raping/demon/blood. When it ends in the manga its at volume 12. One or two days ago volume 26 was released

my 2 cents http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

itachi_
Tue, 01-06-2004, 02:08 AM
I got like the best quality [Encoded by greg] 1-25 , each episode is like 200-240 MB

Death BOO Z
Tue, 01-06-2004, 02:52 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (itachi_ @ Jan 6 2004, 01:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I got like the best quality [Encoded by greg] 1-25 , each episode is like 200-240 MB </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
in that case, you need to re-watch Berserk again, the last episodes are the back bone of the plot..

but i guess that confusing are too much for you, in this case, i reccomend you to wathc Recored of the loddos war and Magic Knight Rayearth, maybe thier &quot;you already know what will happen in the next five episodes&quot; plot is more for your taste.

just to say a bit on Berserk..
the scene that kid Griffith climbs to the tower by hording the dead bodies is one of the more memroable scenes i&#39;ve ever seen, so is the campfire stuff...
and the parts where Gatts describes how he swings the sword was also great...

if you didn&#39;t like the Anime, don&#39;t bother reading the anime, it&#39;s just more of the same &quot;plot twists&quot; and &quot;adult thams&quot; that you seem to hate so much...

BTW: don&#39;t ever trust a file that was encoded by one guy.. the&#39;re always evil&#33;

itachi_
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:00 AM
It is screwed up... no sense at all... episode 1 is episode 26 actually

Serpico
Tue, 01-06-2004, 04:08 AM
Episode 1 is not episode 26. The anime goes in the same order as the manga, not to mention there is only 25 episodes so none of them can be 26.

joker-kun
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:07 AM
The point is this is in General Anime, so we are commenting on the anime, and the anime is absolute shit, it leaves you hanging, and you get nothing at all, so to put it simply unless you read manga and wanna read the manga watch the anime, otherwise dont&#33;

Serpico
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Despite the fact the manga is better, the anime is still awesome on its own. If you say it sux just because it is incomplete or the ending is bad then you would have to say stuff like Kenshin is trash as well. I really like the first Kenshin OAV and the first 66 episodes but, the last season and OAV were pure garbage, and i wasted alot of time watching them expecting alot more.

If we are rating only anime without counting the manga, Berserk is really good but I have some other anime that I like maybe slightly more. Kenshin is around my number 10 if you are wondering, that is good since i seen about 100. Berserk is in my top 3, it kind of shifts around.

itachi_
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:25 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joker-kun @ Jan 6 2004, 04:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The point is this is in General Anime, so we are commenting on the anime, and the anime is absolute shit, it leaves you hanging, and you get nothing at all, so to put it simply unless you read manga and wanna read the manga watch the anime, otherwise dont&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Joker-Kun, this is really off topic but i can see that you like kenshin? Have you seen all the episodes and both OVA&#39;s?

joker-kun
Tue, 01-06-2004, 05:45 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Serpico &#064; Jan 6 2004, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Despite the fact the manga is better, the anime is still awesome on its own. If you say it sux just because it is incomplete or the ending is bad then you would have to say stuff like Kenshin is trash as well. I really like the first Kenshin OAV and the first 66 episodes but, the last season and OAV were pure garbage, and i wasted alot of time watching them expecting alot more.

If we are rating only anime without counting the manga, Berserk is really good but I have some other anime that I like maybe slightly more. Kenshin is around my number 10 if you are wondering, that is good since i seen about 100. Berserk is in my top 3, it kind of shifts around. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
If you are directing this to me i havnt seen all of Kenshin, only till the end of the shishio part(about ep 56) and i havnt seen either OVA (Itachi this answers you), also if you wanna know the truth the first 22 eps of Berserk were absolutely amazing, the storyline was great, action was amazing, but then it changed dramatically, and i know it showed this in the first ep, but still you get to know that storyline then it changes completely, thats my personal reason for not liking it, but in my opinion the end is a big part of an anime when you take an awesome show like that (even with the other 2-3 eps it was still awesome) and leave you hanging it makes it even worse so if you dont plan on readin the manga then dont plan on watching the anime, that is my point...

hiddenpookie
Tue, 01-06-2004, 12:25 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_Neji_ @ Jan 3 2004, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Berserk? Best of all time? Your opinion proves you&#39;re tongue is immature, since your tastes are flawed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yow yow that was slamma gramma&#33; neiji..ya ur taste are flwed you can tell ur a action only person ahhhh* w/e http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

itachi_
Tue, 01-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Most people watch berserk because of it&#39;s ruthless killing... the story is screwed up... it makes no sense after episode 22. Maybe the manga is better, the anime is total crap&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif

r3n
Wed, 01-07-2004, 03:15 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (_Neji_ @ Jan 3 2004, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Berserk? Best of all time? Your opinion proves you&#39;re tongue is immature, since your tastes are flawed. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i agree, altho i really enjoyed berserk for the characters and storyline, i think the ending was disapointing and i wasnt keen on the drawing style, too dark.

if i had to say anything was the best anime series of all time i&#39;d say it was last exile http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif, excellent plot, amazing drawing and cg, great soundtrack, and had some great characters too http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-07-2004, 03:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hiddenpookie @ Jan 6 2004, 11:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yow yow that was slamma gramma&#33; neiji..ya ur taste are flwed you can tell ur a action only person ahhhh* w/e http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
god, plz stop the stupidity...

you want to know my top five animes?

they&#39;re Trigun, FLCL, Kare Kano, Berserk and wolf&#39;s Rain... only 2 out of the five are action, and only one is pure action..

i would continue, but i&#39;ll be wasting my words on you, if you want to have a reasonable argument like two normal people, then act like one...

about Zodd, it&#39;s true that he didn&#39;t appear in the anime again, but he has quite a role in the manga... besides, we&#39;ve been told that Zodd is a legendary warrior that has been appearing on battlefields for over 300 years, so him dissapeaence wasn&#39;t that much of a suprise...

joker-kun
Wed, 01-07-2004, 05:39 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SubWRX &#064; Jan 3 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> dude, seriously, i asked for your opinion, thats the point of the post, now if you don&#39;t like it...say why, its just an opinion to see what people think about it, and to see if it is really as good as what other people say and i think. but just being an ass and say people suck and are immature, doesn&#39;t much explain WHY the anime or manga sucks, all its doing is making you look like an angry bastard, which i am sure you are, but i still want reasons. ok thanks http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
my opinion is that the anime isnt worth watching unless you planning to read the manga

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 06:11 AM
Berserk Anime is just too confused... And i have seen many animeseries within the past 5 years...

itachi_
Wed, 01-07-2004, 10:16 AM
What happend to that zodd guy in episode 6? he just disappered out of the story.. he just appeared on that hill throwing that sword to gatsu... if you have only watch the anime of berserk then it&#39;s hard to get the story... whit these misses..

DavidOfTheEast
Sat, 01-10-2004, 11:32 AM
I heard of rumors that a Berserk II series, the sequal to the original masterpiece of Berserk, is supposed to be released by Feb. 2004.

Are there any confirmations on this?

craig8429
Sat, 01-10-2004, 11:34 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DavidOfTheEast @ Jan 10 2004, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I heard of rumors that a Berserk II series, the sequal to the original masterpiece of Berserk, is supposed to be released by Feb. 2004.

Are there any confirmations on this? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Berserks been out a really long time, I doubt we will see a sequal, there is a upcoming game you may have heard about but series is really unlikly.

SubWRX
Tue, 01-13-2004, 02:05 AM
sorry, 1 more thing. don&#39;t even say, its a shitty plot. i mean the question of why you do what you do in life is a big one. why do you go to work every day, or school, or college, or do nothing. what drives you. do you do it for yourself, to be the best of best and/or to have power. do you do it just cause you do, cause you are forced to, or you have no other choice? do you do it for someone else, cause of envy, or for love. i mean come on, the plot is the bomb. you can relate any of those to any character in Berserk. the ANIME just shows you all the different angles on the same plot, and which the author thinks is the most powerful movitation.

ok i am finally done. get those retarded, immature replies flying.

Legato 2057
Tue, 01-13-2004, 02:56 AM
Just to satisfy your need for an imature post: OMG&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111 DAT PLOT WAS THE SHIZNIT YO&#33;

Anyway...

While the plot of Berserk is definitely great, I have to disagree with your reasoning. Guts does not swing his sword for love, he swings it because it is the only time that he feels complete. He may fight for the love of his comrades (not just Caska) but he sings his sword for himself.

SubWRX
Tue, 01-13-2004, 04:32 AM
your talking about just in the anime? i got the impression that he only used to swing it just for himself, and the last 3 eps showed that he actually swings it for caska.....but thats the cool thing, everyone has there own take. except for you morons who watch the series muted.

SubWRX
Tue, 01-13-2004, 01:54 PM
ok....first of all, how can you people say there was no plot?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; its a lot of violence, but i think the underlying plot could be one of the best. its not so much WHAT the plot is about, but the REASONING behind whats going on.

besides plot, the ENDING is incredible, it might leave you hanging, but it also leaves your jaw on the floor, i think thats what a series should do, is leave you bewildered and craving for more. i mean come on, the end was incredible...bashing his own arm off, with a broken sword...jesus, people. going through all that for what he just realized he was really fighting for all those years. you may say the story is incomplete, but if you paid any attention to the plot of the ANIME(not the whole manga) then it definetly does end with the anime. i mean come on guys. the whole anime talks about, why he swings his sword, and through the whole anime, there isn&#39;t really any good reason....until the end&#33; then he realizes he does it for love...now come on. its a love story, that everyone thinks is some straight action deal. the character development is nuts, and the contrasting reasons why each person fights, is amazing.

don&#39;t come and say, the plot wasn&#39;t about that, it was about this...and such. i know there is way more to it, than just that. but that is the main one. atleast what i gathered. anyway their ya go. if you people didn&#39;t see that and understand that, then its the watchers fault not the animes. PAY ATTENTION

Adam-Kun
Sun, 01-18-2004, 02:01 AM
I dunno, Berserk IS my favorite series and ive seen quite a few animes thru my years...

Black Knight
Mon, 01-19-2004, 11:39 AM
berserk iss the type of anime that really sucks you in. i felt the deaths of corkus, pippin, judea, and the little kid (forgot his name. what a useless character) as if they were my own friends (well not really but you get my point). when griffith betrayed his men, i felt like he betrayed me as well. i know this may sound pathetic but no other anime has ever done this for me. when spike died in cowboy bebop, i didnt give a shit. all i thought was &quot;nice. he went out with style&quot;. everytime someone died in dbz, i thought &quot;wonder how many eps it will take to get the balls&quot;. hell, when ash, misty, and brock broke up (i just happened to watch that ep) i thought &quot;good riddance you slit-for-eyes perv and flat chested bitch&quot;. but when i saw gatts chop his arm off with a broken sword, i thought &quot;HOLY SHIT&#33;&#33; FUCK YOU GRIFFITH&#33; FUCK YOU&#33;&#33;&quot; i know i could have said the same thing in two sentences but im in a writing mood.

as for the ending, i guess you can see how it is bad. if you think about it though, its a fitting one. 1) the whole anime was about the developing friendship between gatts and griffith. they had a rough start but they trusted each other more and more as time passed. the anime ended where the friendship ended completely. to draw it out anymore would have turned it into a dbz. they told the story and ended it regardless of the fact that it was a giant cliffhanger. you had the first ep to tell you that he got out anyways so it shouldnt really matter THAT much. 2) the whole series was depressing as hell. the mood of the ending matched the rest of the anime. if they had some happy shit at the end, the whole series would have lost some of its (for lack of a better word) goodness.

i know very few will read the entire post (i skip past long ones too) but if you do, youll realize that i started talking out of my ass somewhere near the beginning. just look past the bullshit and youll get my message.

oh yeah. im not supposed to curse so if you see one, its a typo.

Crimson_Behelit
Tue, 01-20-2004, 02:05 AM
When I first started watching Berserk in november of 1999, I was amazed at the over all concept and story. It was a major breakthrough in anime in my opinion, finally a feudal medieval gothic with a storyline that put almost anything else from that genre to shame. The first episode just throws you right in the middle of Gatt&#39;s world. You have no idea what is going on and the atmosphere is very dark and gothic. You see the Black Swordsman &quot;epitome of cool&quot; chop his way through ruthlessly evil badguys and then destroy their boss in what could be one of the coolest scenes ever. He then takes a look around and thinks back, back to his younger days. He thinks back to when it all started as a young mercenary. The whole anime is an incredible recreation of Gatt&#39;s story. It tells you how and why Gatt&#39;s got branded and is stuck in a freakish hell world portrayed in episode one. The whole show is quite a treat, I would have to say that Berserk is in fact one of the best anime ever. No ki balls, no DBZ action. Just a incredibly well written story, incredibly cool characters, good visuals, good sound, good music, and good voice acting that just pulls you into the story more and more with every episode. Anyone who likes gothic/medieval stuff, should defiantly check out Berserk&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

joker-kun
Tue, 01-20-2004, 01:12 PM
I read the whole thing, and i agree, but I never said the plot was bad, or the show was hard to understand,I simply said that if you dont plan on reading the maga dont watch the anime, cause it will leave you hanging...The whole thing about the end is just my personal preference, that has nothing to do with what im saying here

SubWRX
Wed, 01-21-2004, 12:44 PM
thank god someone else thinks the same as me, i agree with monster post guy and the last post guy, and joker....its ok, i am sure somebody loves you http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

LegendarySenninJiraiya
Thu, 01-22-2004, 05:11 AM
ok this is wacky, i dunno why posts about greatest series of all time come up, everyone has their own opinion, it just leads to arguments like this, but im drawn to them so hey, i think series like trigun, naruto, the majority of kenshin, flcl, FMP, FMP:Fumoffu, Onegai Teacher and Twins and GTO and other stuff like that are better than berserk was, of course this is my opinion and the fact of the matter is these series are in entirely diff. groups than berserk but again u asked whether or not it was the greatest ever, i say no, first off, resolution is an important part of anything, death is as important to life as birth is, a series that ends before the story ends cannot be considered complete nor can it be the greatest if it didnt ever finish, i believe what most of u berserk fans are doing is combining the holes u filled by watchin the manga with the thought of the anime, judging the anime alone, no it was not the greatest, berserk the story? maybe the greatest to some people, hell i even liked the Dreamcast Sword of the Berserk game, but a question i&#39;ve always had, how do they NOT let Berserk finish, Ikkitousen was PURE CRAP and had nothing but panty upskirts and jiggling boobs going for it and it stayed on for completion, Green Green TV as much as i loved it, had a gay orgy.... and bears raping men....comon let us have our gore and rape, just show it late at night lol, if they were to allow Berserk to finish maybe u&#39;d have an argument i just cant say an incomplete series was the greatest ever, even if it were complete i dont feel berserk is the greatest

SubWRX
Fri, 01-23-2004, 02:36 AM
i have really even read the manga, i have read parts, but not enough to judge it. and this whole incomplete thing, i think is what you manga people are thinking. cause the anime itself really is mostly complete. it ends that part of the story. also there isn&#39;t a lot of completed anime series, most just come to some cheesy acceptable ending..but being complete, not really, i don&#39;t think. and yes this is about opinions, and a nice discussion, so keep them coming. and stop bring the word manga into this. this isn&#39;t about the manga, or any relation with the anime to the manga. ok i am done

joker-kun
Fri, 01-23-2004, 07:32 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SubWRX @ Jan 23 2004, 01:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> and stop bring the word manga into this. this isn&#39;t about the manga, or any relation with the anime to the manga. ok i am done </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yes this is what I said, if your talking bout the Manga, then it probably is a great story, but what I was saying is that if you dont read the manga, I would advise you dont watch the anime, cause its a real cliffhanger.

I am assuming most people here have watched DBZ...now for those of you who liked it

would you have wanted to watch it when Freiza killed everyone cept Goku, who was beaten up and almost dead, and then boom it ends. I think this is a good comparison.

PS: for those DBZ bashers, Im not asking wether you liked the anime or not.

Black Knight
Tue, 01-27-2004, 06:49 AM
about berserk being incomplete: i think it was done on purpose. the first episode showed us that he survived and leaves room for a second season. they wanted to finish the arc and stay true to the story at the same time. the only problem is that there is no break in the manga. its just one thing after another. to animate all that would probably require a dbz style length and a hell of a lot more money. the road they took was the best one. if they wanted to complete it, they could have changed the story a little and have gatts die. the only loose end was how he survived.

Munsu
Fri, 01-30-2004, 01:28 PM
I just finished watching Berserk... i decided to watch the anime first so that it wouldnt dissapoint me... now i&#39;m reading the manga

First off... what an incredible anime... yeah the ending leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but what are you going to do? If you&#39;re going to judge it solely because the ending left you hanging then you probably hate almost all anime because most of them have either a bad ending or it leaves you hanging...

Personaly I liked the ending... any scoop if in the future it will be continued? I really hope so, but i dont think that it will be done in the near future...

Now I&#39;m debating what is the most fucked up anime of all time... Berserk because of the massacre at the ending or She, the Ultimate Weapon (just watch all the episodes)

And anyone knows the episode labled &quot;S1 Episode 0&quot; at the Berserk page at anidb.net:

http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=98 ('http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=98')

It seems to be subbed or something in French... anyone knows what it is?

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 02-27-2004, 04:18 AM
It says on animenfo that there are only 25 eps, so how come i have 26 eps of Berserk?

villin
Fri, 02-27-2004, 04:40 AM
I only have 25 and I did a search after I read your post and I can&#39;t find the 26th.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-27-2004, 04:45 AM
two options:

A. you have ep 1 twice, one as #1 and once as #26, some people do that shit...
B. i&#39;ve heared that thier is a #26 30 mintues summary episode, and i think it&#39;s true, cuz i have an AMV that shows Rikoudu (the little bug&#092;feary&#092;elf queen from the manga) and she didn&#39;t appear in 1-25, so it might be possible they add her in to #26.

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 02-27-2004, 04:54 AM
And one other question.... Why is my Pshyclo-Anime version of 25 totally f**ked up? It&#39;s just totally weird in the beginning (like 5 mins into the ep) then it&#39;s normal again... i don&#39;t want to finnish it with a screwed up finnishing ep... That&#39;s just mortifying...

Oh... Sorry, but is the manga longer than the anime?

villin
Fri, 02-27-2004, 05:38 AM
The manga is still ongoing and far exceeds the anime

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 02-27-2004, 05:49 AM
Well that sounds nice, maybe i&#39;ll get the manga, &#39;cause i like it&#33;

villin
Fri, 02-27-2004, 05:53 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shinji Ikari @ Feb 27 2004, 06:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Well that sounds nice, maybe i&#39;ll get the manga, &#39;cause i like it&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
The Hawks ('http://www.thehawks.org') have all of the manga for DL with BT if your looking for a source.

Terracosmo
Fri, 02-27-2004, 05:54 AM
The manga is loads better and also loads more disturbing and horrid.
It is among the best things ever produced, but be ready to cringe &amp; take frequent breaks so that your heart won&#39;t collapse.

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 02-27-2004, 06:02 AM
Sounds nice, just what i need http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

By the way, are there any plans on a second season on the anime front? I would love to see that becoming reality.... I like anime more than manga http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

itachi_
Fri, 02-27-2004, 06:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Terracosmo @ Feb 27 2004, 04:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The manga is loads better and also loads more disturbing and horrid.
It is among the best things ever produced, but be ready to cringe &amp; take frequent breaks so that your heart won&#39;t collapse. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Manga is good on the bus/train or something like that, not on a computer screen, not the same feeling. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Shinji Ikari
Fri, 02-27-2004, 06:35 AM
That is so true... But it isn&#39;t easy finding Berserk in sweden i can tell ya http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

riftwing
Sat, 02-28-2004, 02:32 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death BOO Z &#064; Feb 27 2004, 03:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i&#39;ve heared that thier is a #26 30 mintues summary episode, and i think it&#39;s true, cuz i have an AMV that shows Rikoudu (the little bug&#092;feary&#092;elf queen from the manga) and she didn&#39;t appear in 1-25, so it might be possible they add her in to #26.</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Actually I remember Rikoudu being in the series however it wasn&#39;t in a &quot;26th episode&quot;. I believe it was in episode 22 IIRC. There is no episode 26... episode 25 is the last one.

Shinji Ikari
Sat, 02-28-2004, 02:56 AM
I think the manga anyhow is much better than the anime... They show the reasons to most of things and everything develope more smotthly in the manga. I&#39;ve just started reading the manga (yesterday) and is now on vol 10.... Soon getting to the end of the anime... Oh, i can&#39;t wait to see what&#39;ll happen...

DavidOfTheEast
Sat, 02-28-2004, 03:46 AM
I purchased Manga Vol. 1 and 2 today. After reading them, I am quite pleased with the storyline developing so far. The manga volume I believe is going to push to around 13, but those are only rumors.

It is IMPORTANT and NECESSARY that you watch the Berserk anime or have read the Berserk manga before purchasing the &quot;new&quot; series of Berserk.

Munsu
Sat, 02-28-2004, 03:49 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DavidOfTheEast &#064; Feb 28 2004, 02:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the &quot;new&quot; series of Berserk. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
What you talking about? a new anime series? a new manga series?

DavidOfTheEast
Sat, 02-28-2004, 03:58 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mondongo @ Feb 28 2004, 02:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DavidOfTheEast &#064; Feb 28 2004, 02:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> the &quot;new&quot; series of Berserk. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
What you talking about? a new anime series? a new manga series? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Thats why it&#39;s in quotation marks. The &quot;new&quot; series of Berserk is technically the storyline after the flashback of Guts&#39; life.

Mut
Sun, 02-29-2004, 12:14 PM
berserk manga is absolutely awesome. nothing compares to it.

Hatake Kakashi
Sun, 02-29-2004, 01:17 PM
the manga is a must read for any comic fan, not just manga. In the anime they leave out mini-arcs and even characters who later come back and make an appearance.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 03-01-2004, 02:37 AM
You&#39;ve got that god damn right http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/wink.gif The manga rocks.

Mut
Mon, 03-01-2004, 05:50 AM
it has 26 volumes so far. volume 27 will be coming out in june/july (every 6 months). there could be tons of more anime episodes, but i don&#39;t know why they don&#39;t make it anymore. volume 27 is gonna be crazy.

EpoC
Mon, 03-01-2004, 12:58 PM
ok I should start to read the manga real soon.

But why haven&#39;t they made a sequal to the anime.
The manga is still ongoing right? and then there should be plenty of stuff to make <u>at least </u>25 more episodes.

Shinji Ikari
Mon, 03-01-2004, 01:18 PM
They could make another season... But they made the anime so fucked up that they would have to change a great deal of the story to make it good... But then again, that wouldn&#39;t be any good since the manga is much better...

One person that is introduced in the manga right in the first vol is Puck, an elf who travels with Gatts after the incident... And in the anime they never introduce him, instead they have Gatts save a girl instead of saving Puck... And there is also the fact that a Skeleton Knight is walking around the earth looking bad ass and kicking demon ass helping gatts... And he isn&#39;t properly introduced in the anime either... But i won&#39;t go on because that would spoil....

I can only give the advice of reading the manga from the beginning to get the whole picture of Gatts when he was young and everyone else http://forums.gotwoot.net/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif