PDA

View Full Version : Youjo Senki

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-14-2017, 10:27 AM

On the front lines of the war, there is a little girl. Blond hair, blue eyes, and porcelain white skin, she commands her squad with lisping voice. Her name is Tanya Degurechaff. But in reality, she is one of Japan's most elite salarymen, reborn as a little girl after angering a mysterious being who calls himself God. This little girl, who prioritizes efficiency and her own career over anything else, will become the most dangerous being amongst the sorcerers of the imperial army.

My favorite of the season so far. 2 eps out.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Especially after seeing eps 2, I will say, the first episode was one of the worst "first episodes" I've seen in some time. Timeskip then flashback was completely unnecessary. There was no reason to jump ahead, and literally no point in doing the series out of order, because we already see Tanya being a badass when she earns the medal.

I did like that the second eps implies a reason that Tanya is so ruthless. She knows that (except for her) the people she slaughters will be reincarnated by Being X, despite the fact that she refuses to acknowledge Being X as God.

Kraco
Mon, 01-16-2017, 11:02 AM
I don't understand Being X's actions. Tanya was granted the reincarnation because the original slipped up and told Being X that only people lacking material and immaterial wealth would believe in a god, whereas he, who had a solid career and an even more solid personal philosophy would have no use for a god. So, why was he reincarnated as a super powerful magician? It would have made sense if she was reborn simply as one of the nameless orphans struggling for their daily bread, but instead she got out of the orphanage and into the military whilst still nothing but a little kid due to her one in a million talent. How will that help her to discover God, huh?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-16-2017, 11:06 AM
I guess it proves that Being X isn't really a perfect being and can make mistakes too, which is what Tanya believes anyway.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-17-2017, 04:51 AM
I don't understand Being X's actions. Tanya was granted the reincarnation because the original slipped up and told Being X that only people lacking material and immaterial wealth would believe in a god, whereas he, who had a solid career and an even more solid personal philosophy would have no use for a god. So, why was he reincarnated as a super powerful magician?

Talent wasn't one of the things he mentioned but owns.

Perhaps Being X couldn't influence genetics/talent. Or perhaps that very talent is part of Tanya, and Being X didn't change any of that since it wasn't part of the deal.

Being X also said he was overworked administering 7 billion people*, which suggests he only looks after the real world, not the Magical world. He could have just dumped Tanya into another Being's shitty world and asked for the same parameters as per deal.

*It's funny how the being chooses not to reincarnate faithless beings, but the human population keeps growing. Someone can't maths.

@Ryll: I think the timeskip was necessary, especially to give us a first-impression of Tanya as she would appear to her subordinates. We've also been shown her to be very verbal in acknowledging God. Even during her dire fight she spoke nothing of him. That alone has me curious as to what can change her.

Kraco
Tue, 01-17-2017, 05:09 AM
What deal? Being X made no deals. The moral of that short encounter seemed to be that Being X wanted to give proto-Tanya a chance to develop faith as proto-Tanya explained why he didn't have any need for it. At least if that wasn't the purpose, I don't know what it was. What's the point of making the dude repeat a successful life with no need for faith right after he was told he won't get reincarnated?

Saying Being X couldn't control it or it was a mistake... Right. Why bother writing such a story in the first place?

Edort4
Tue, 01-17-2017, 05:33 AM
I liked more the 1st episode. 2nd episode brought a "world inside a world" I didnt need at all. I dont know why anime writters feel the need of making such "intrincate" (actually overused, overburned and eventually simplistic) plots.

1st WW with magic and a crazy bitch MC was just enough base to create something good. The Milkweed Triptych made a pretty decent trilogy with something similar. They add another layer that brings nothing but inconsistencies, mixing "real world" with "magical world", creating deus ex machinas everywhere, plot holes, a boring overused rebirth plot, and bs to the show.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 01-17-2017, 06:46 AM
What deal? Being X made no deals. The moral of that short encounter seemed to be that Being X wanted to give proto-Tanya a chance to develop faith as proto-Tanya explained why he didn't have any need for it. At least if that wasn't the purpose, I don't know what it was.

That was exactly the purpose, but God went "So if I changed XYZ parameters you'll develop faith?" /changes-xyz.

He wasn't exactly scrambling for ideas on how to beat faith into the MC. The MC blamed his lack of faith on a bunch of external parameters, so God changed exactly those.

read:

God: You really have no faith huh? Fuck reincarnating you.
MC: You shit god, you don't even understand people. Of course they'd have no faith if XYZ exist in their life.
God: Hoh?... So if I change XYZ you'll have faith?
MC: *gulp*
God: Alright, done. Good luck. The next time you die it can be for good.

God wasn't exactly sitting around thinking about all the possible factors he could bring into the MC's life to awaken his faith. He just did enough to address the "complaint" towards him, then moved on to the rest of humanity clocking at two deaths per second.

edit:
btw I don't like the female eyes in this show. They're ugly.

Kraco
Tue, 01-17-2017, 08:08 AM
You call that God?

To be honest I'd say that whole scene was nothing but a delusion. Like the popular saying goes, when you are about to die, you see your whole life flash before your eyes. This dude instead saw before his eyes the one and only thing he was lacking: A plan for and knowledge of what comes after. So, being reborn as Tanya had no real connection to that brief moment he experienced. He was simply reborn following the rules of that universe, but since he experienced that delusion before dying and for some aberrant reason remembers his past life (there have been people who've claimed to remember their past lives even in RL), he thinks what he experienced was real and thus he's swearing he will not bow before any god.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-17-2017, 09:43 AM
I don't think Being X is really God, at least not in the perfect sense you seem to imply. Even the protagonist thinks so.

@Buff - I agree about the episode 1 and 2 thing. That said, while I understand why they did it, I wouldn't say it was really necessary to do it that way. It was a stylistic choice.

@Edort - They needed this premise to explain why such a young girl can be so methodical and evil.

Kraco
Fri, 01-20-2017, 03:59 PM
Episode 3

- - - - - - -

I was severely underestimating this show. Being X seemed to know exactly what it was doing: If Tanya had been born miserable and powerless, praying to a higher being would have been far more hollow than being born a genius magician, yet still needing to pray. It's always great when a show exceeds expectations.

A jolly good episode also otherwise. I tried to recognize the mad scientist's voice and thought he must have been in Hellsing Ultimate as well, but I'm not sure. He's not yet listed by AniDB or ANN.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-20-2017, 09:59 PM
I love Tanya. She is cute AF, smart AF, and amoral AF. My favorite combination.

Each time I see her half opened eyes or insane grin, I cum a little.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-21-2017, 01:02 AM
I agree with Tanya. This is cheating. No, this is bullying. Every time things go her way, God steps in and trips her up.

This is exactly like torturing someone until they give you an answer you like.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-21-2017, 01:59 AM
But Being X is doing such a bad job at it. He is clearly an imperfect being. Omnipotent? Possibly. Omniscient? Not at all.

Kraco
Sat, 01-21-2017, 02:54 AM
I don't agree on it being bad job. A godly miracle is cheating in every single case. A nation has spent years to train soldiers, raise war horses, create weapons and shields with inefficient, immature technology, formulate, test, and practice strategies. Then comes one single dude for whom God will split the ocean and make all that giant effort of decades useless. What else is that but bloody cheating? If you look at the Japanese folklore, that cheating is all over the place.

I also don't know what you mean by things going her way. She nearly got killed by the exploding device, got sent to a mad scientist who would have get her killed yet again by an exploding device. Being X decided to grat her a miracle by making the device not explode but instead serve her well. Things only went her way when Being X intervened.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-21-2017, 04:14 AM
"Things were going her way" when she managed to cop out of a fruitless experiment and lived life at a rear staff." Now God made her pray to be super-good (and not die).

Fast-forward to now, she gets to go to university (and not be forced to pray to use some machine that's saving her life) - only to put into a special strike force to repeat this shit all over again.

Kraco
Sat, 01-21-2017, 05:25 AM
Fast-forward to now, she gets to go to university (and not be forced to pray to use some machine that's saving her life) - only to put into a special strike force to repeat this shit all over again.

They are fighting a stalemate war at best, maybe even a losing one considering we have heard a number of times they don't have anymore reinforcements to send in and their strategies are producing no results. You really think as the most powerful magician she would have got to enjoy a peaceful profession for very long? I'm actually surprised Being X needed to do anything at all. She was the prime material for a highly mobile, reactive force under any circumstances. The only thing keeping her away would be the high command's internal politics where they can't fully trust overly powerful individuals or "I've a daughter of that same age" mentality. However, such sentiments won't last if the war goes poorly.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-21-2017, 07:41 AM
Of course it's cheating.

That's. The. Joke.

Tanya is fighting against a loser of a petty, self-proclaimed deity. It took ten years, but she won the first three rounds (orphanage/training, her first sortie, and being repeatedly exploded). So he came back.

His insidious plan is to make her believe by repeating the litany, so that she's reminded every day that his existence is why she doesn't blow up. Tanya's new challenge is to keep separated that Being X is a powerful being, and that he's actually God.

Kraco
Sat, 01-21-2017, 08:07 AM
What joke? I don't see any jokes. Proto-Tanya was pushed to his death because he was an emotionless, utilitarian dick. That is, he brought it upon himself. Being X gave him/her another life. Surely Being X doesn't owe anything to Tanya. Tanya, however, owes everything to Being X, but she keeps insisting she has no use for him. She should have killed herself immediately if she didn't want to acknowledge Being X. Whatever Being X does now, it's nothing compared to giving her another chance.

Edort4
Sat, 01-21-2017, 05:35 PM
So we have a being playing with the future of a whole different world just to mess with Tanya/rebirth guy.... and expects to be admired/adored/respected?

How many people has died because Tanya was sent to the front lines with such a power? I guess that having "rebirths" people dont mind getting killed (and feeling the pain of the process, leaving their unfulfilled life behind) just cause this god wants to subdue a single person.

Dunno what being X is but I hope Tanya not only never ever acknowledges him but that she finds a way to destroy that totalitarian piece of shit of "god".

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Agreed. Death to god.

Kraco
Sat, 01-21-2017, 06:18 PM
Tanya herself is every bit as bad, though. They make quite a good pair, Being X and Tanya.

Edort4
Sun, 01-22-2017, 03:50 PM
Agreed. Death to god.

I always wondered what is needed to be a god or further on The God. Superhero like powers, physic powers, etc. arent consistent with the laws of nature we have learned, and doesnt seem to be much more that affects our reallity/dimensions, (yeah sadly no Mutants, Mentats or Wizards in the future allthough Im 100% for robots and cyborgs) so Im not talking about our current reallity but about an hipothetic place where those things could be possible.

What would make someone/something a god. Are we god to ants? (to dogs? they fking revere their masters) Would another race with "powers" be gods to us or would we just assume that its another species with another traits?

shinta|hikari
Sun, 01-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Well, the common definition of the monotheistic god is both omniscient and omnipotent, essentially perfect in every way. I think there is also the aspect of being the source of all creation.

Polytheistic religions hold their gods to a much lower regard, essentially just immortal beings with inhuman powers. Think greek gods.

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-23-2017, 04:11 PM
This show is amazing, it's very theologic too... to my suprise.

Being X really reminds me of "God v.01d.73574m3n7"

MFauli
Sat, 01-28-2017, 07:28 AM
Finally caught up.

As I kept saying when this was announced: Either itīs going to be REALLY bad or REALLY great. So far, the latter is true.

Absolute surprise show of the season. Only Little Witch beats it. Super quality sound and animation. Tanya is a fantastic Nazi-loli. The action is great. And now ... she made a plan for Germany to win the world war xD

I love this anime ... and not because Iīm German xD

Kraco
Sat, 01-28-2017, 08:34 AM
And now ... she made a plan for Germany to win the world war xD

I'm not so sure about that. We already saw that while her past as an upper tier white collar does help her tremendously, it can also lead her to a trap. Running a department of a corporation is not the same as running a country or the military. Yet due to her grooved thinking, she can open her mouth before she can think things through. Realistically speaking she might be able to offer semi-educated pointers based on what she knows of our world's history (even so, she's Japanese, not European), but it's likely they won't help that much. Even Germany would have fared much better if it hadn't fought pretty much everybody else, but who could have made Hitler believe that before shit hit the fan? Not that it would have been up to them entirely either. Stalin was just as crazy and hungry, so it was only a matter who began it first. I suppose in this show's world things aren't necessarily that different, even if it's more like Strike Witches in the sense there are no nazis or communists.

Not to mention she almost slipped out that in the back of her mind she already thinks Germany is destined to lose, just like it lost in our world.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-28-2017, 08:44 AM
For someone so intelligent, why the fuck was she trying to reach a book at an impossible height? The first thing that came to my mind was to make a stack of books from the lower shelves and use that as a step ladder. She's not gonna suddenly grow taller no matter how much she stretches...

Kraco
Sat, 01-28-2017, 09:31 AM
For someone so intelligent, why the fuck was she trying to reach a book at an impossible height?

Wasn't she just reminding people that she's a little girl who shouldn't be sent to the frontlines?

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-28-2017, 09:42 AM
No, she wasn't. Just look at the book she wanted to read.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-28-2017, 09:42 AM
Wasn't she just reminding people that she's a little girl who shouldn't be sent to the frontlines?

Everything she does is all to keikaku.

Kidding aside, I don't think she dug her own hole this episode. God already dug it for her.

Kraco
Sat, 01-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Kidding aside, I don't think she dug her own hole this episode. God already dug it for her.

More like fifty-fifty. The brass obviously needed to make sure she has what it takes. She's still a little girl in their eyes, yet now she's on a fast track to get promoted in order to lead the battalion. But if she had acted like a fool only good for face to face combat, it's entirely possible she wouldn't have got the special treatment. However, she couldn't help but follow her old, previous life habits of trying to give superiors a good impression (since she was the very dude who fired people who weren't impressing the bosses).

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-28-2017, 10:17 AM
However, she couldn't help but follow her old, previous life habits of trying to give superiors a good impression (since she was the very dude who fired people who weren't impressing the bosses).

Not completely accurate. While that may play a part, the reason she had to impress the dude is so she would get evaluated highly and given a choice in her position. That was shown during the dinner service, where she had been given several options. Unfortunately, she did too well and had been forced into a task only she can do.

As they say, if you wanna get promoted, make yourself important, but not irreplaceable.

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 01-28-2017, 05:31 PM
I love all the shots where all you can see is Tanya's ahoge or barely the top of her head because they're framing other people in the shot.
The highchair in the fancy dining room was also a nice touch.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-28-2017, 06:51 PM
The highchair was the gag that made the episode for me.

Kinda hard to humiliate Tanya any further than putting her in a chair for toddlers, especially considering she has no such problems at the café or in the General's office.

Kraco
Fri, 02-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Episode 5

- - -- - -- - -

That was quite a change in her voice...

Tanya has quite an edge if in her past life she paid any attention to the history of warfare. This Dakia disaster was an exaggeration, but in reality in both world wars unbelievable shit happened. Knowing such things beforehand, Tanya could contribute a whole lot, but then again, she's quite evil, so she might not care.

MFauli
Sat, 02-04-2017, 01:08 PM
I love this asshole-nazi-loli so much, lol. The voice-changing to "get rid" of the war laws, haha.

And I guess thereīs some twist incoming. Tanya was suspicious at how overwhelming their own power was compared to those Dakians (Austria? Hungary? Czech? whats it supposed to be? The map looked kinda funny).

Aaaand gimme a video game! I want to freely fly in the sky as a cool nazi-mage and launch terrifying attacks on ground troops, then engage in exciting battles against enemy mages!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 02-05-2017, 04:22 AM
Things went surprisingly smooth for her. I was actually thinking she'd have a dud unit after spending 1 month physically toying the poor folks without letting them use magic.

Tanya's first explosion shot was way more impressive during the Rhine theatre bits.

MFauli
Sun, 02-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Tanya's first explosion shot was way more impressive during the Rhine theatre bits.

Yeah, was a bit weird. Though it almost looked as if ALL those shots emerged from only her incantation ... which would make it more impressive. Dunno.

Kraco
Sat, 02-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Episode 6

- -- - -- -

I wonder when Tanya will tell the superiors that if things continue for too long, it will all end with atomic bombing. Perhaps it's better not to tell. There's probably no hurry either as things don't yet look quite 40's.

Tanya is quite a problem solver now, but I wonder how long a single person can keep things going.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-11-2017, 07:44 PM
Interesting how the plane designs are so rudimentary in light of flying mages filling many of the same roles.
That's good world building.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-11-2017, 10:34 PM
She is OP as fuck. I love it.

Kraco
Fri, 02-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Episode 7

--- - - - -

The Americans can't come soon enough with supreme numbers and finally nuclear bombs. It's already getting a bit annoying how well everything is proceeding for a single side, whereas the other sides are failing all the time. I hope Tanya at least lost half of her unit, which would be realistic.

MFauli
Fri, 02-24-2017, 03:55 PM
I donīt feel that itīs unsatisfying to see Tanya succeed. After all, her knowledge about history IS her greatest trump card. Greatly enjoyed this episode. It definitely felt like this victory set in motion a true change in history. Should be exciting from here on out.

Btw. something I just now really noticed: You know when in other anime the hero appears and the music gets triumphant in a positive, hopeful way? Well, in this anime, when Tanya and her squad appear, the music actually becomes freaking sinister! :D Itīs typical "oh no, the boss enemy is about to win, what can we do?!"-music, except here itīs used to mark the victory for the "hero". I found that quite amusing ;D

Kraco
Fri, 02-24-2017, 04:12 PM
It's not like I want to see Tanya herself fail. Tanya being OP is kind of the point of this story. But she's still just a single person, so what she can do ought to be limited. But then again, maybe I'm too harsh on this show as it's only showing Tanya's victories. Things might be worse elsewhere.

MFauli
Fri, 02-24-2017, 04:34 PM
I mean, we *know* that "Germany" would lose the war, if Tanya didnīt accomplish something of significance. So her continously winning is prerogative to the entire series. Not that Iīm against some setbacks or preferably tougher opponents.

Kraco
Fri, 02-24-2017, 04:55 PM
I mean, we *know* that "Germany" would lose the war, if Tanya didnīt accomplish something of significance. So her continously winning is prerogative to the entire series. Not that Iīm against some setbacks or preferably tougher opponents.

Who knows. The war went smoothly for the nazis for quite some time before they hit the wall and ultimately lost. You could say the opposite was true for the communists: Their start wasn't that good, but in the end they occupied and ruled the whole eastern Europe.

I merely tend to get bored when one side is too overpowering for whatever reason, for too long. The worst cases are those where the other side(s) are total incompetents. I enjoy fights that seem quite equal and are won through real effort or genuine looking brilliant strategies. The nice scenes where a strong MC occasionally humiliates some random nonames are a different thing, and they don't typically matter so greatly in the bigger plot.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-24-2017, 05:17 PM
The Empire's regular military forces aren't that much better than their enemies. In the first episode, the Empire was losing ground to Not-France, until Tanya's battalion came in.

The Empire simply has more powerful and more agile aerial mages. They're the Nanohas to the rest of the world's Harry Potters.

Also, as Tanya was pointing out before she was rebuked, the Empire leadership has begun to spread their forces thin, and isn't aware this is about to become a World War. They think this all ends in a month or two, the not-British kept at bay, the not-French beaten into submission, and the not-Scandinavians made into a puppet state for supplies, and not-Russia won't bother them at all.

In reality, all they've really done is invaded not-France, conquered Denmark and invaded not-Oslo, and completely conquered Poland, Austria, and a few Balkan states.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-24-2017, 10:16 PM
This episode was actually less OP than it should have been. Tanya's artillery spell multi-locks and has ridiculous range. 20 cannons should have been an easy job for her by her.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-24-2017, 11:51 PM
Planes are softer than artillery.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-03-2017, 11:00 PM
Episode 08

----------------------------------------------------

This God is a dick. He also doesn't seem like a very bright being. For someone so omnipotent he's revising his plans an awful lot.

KrayZ33
Sat, 03-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Which means he's very similar to the Christian god.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 03-05-2017, 06:28 AM
I really don't like Loli's but I will make an exception for Tanya. Just started watching and this little psycho is great.

MFauli
Sun, 03-05-2017, 11:04 AM
God thing is sheīs not your typical bs-loli who acts like an adult because ... anime. Sheīs the reincarnation of an adult guy, so it makes sense for her to behave the way she does, despite looking so young.

Ryllharu
Sun, 03-05-2017, 01:09 PM
You kind of forgot the important part. A nihilistic former-man fighting a self-proclaimed God, fully aware that everyone who dies, no matter how gruesome, will be reincarnated...except for her.

The reincarnation part of her motivation is a great deal more important than the former adult man part.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-05-2017, 04:30 PM
If that's his/her reason to be so cold then (s)he's clearly not thinking this through, reincarnation isn't really comforting, because you have no memory of your former life, so you are not with your family, not with your friends... and more importantly, the family has to keep on living knowing you are dead.
Depending on their social status, without support of the man who earns all the money.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-06-2017, 10:14 AM
I actually think she just doesn't give a fuck. She wants to beat god and succeed for spite and success's sake.

And that's awesome.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 03-06-2017, 05:36 PM
I like how Being X decided to punish him by sending him into another world with no status, family or anything so he would turn to faith. Gives him superb magic affinity and blesses his OP jewel so only he can use it by praying to 'fill his heart with faith'.

For someone who's punishing someone that fella sure doesn't have a good plan.

KrayZ33
Mon, 03-06-2017, 07:23 PM
In my opinion, Being X isn't just teaching Tanya a lesson, but also using her.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 03-07-2017, 03:43 AM
Create an enemy of the world. Make her powerful. Give her a nickname of Devil. Create a hero to take her down. Hero is moved by faith. Hero spreads word of how God told him to defeat the devil and give him power. People start worshiping everywhere. God happy.

MFauli
Tue, 03-07-2017, 05:37 AM
Then I hope Tanya defeats the hero and gives god a giant "IN YOUR FACE!" moment.

KrayZ33
Tue, 03-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Create an enemy of the world. Make her powerful. Give her a nickname of Devil. Create a hero to take her down. Hero is moved by faith. Hero spreads word of how God told him to defeat the devil and give him power. People start worshiping everywhere. God happy.

Pretty much yeah.
I don't think it's a coincidence that this is basically what is already happening.

Which is why I think it's not a bad plan. For him, it's all about faith, it's not only Tanya that needs to be put into a desperate situation to see/believe in God once more.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-18-2017, 05:24 AM
HS - Episode 10

---------------------------------

Prediction: Tanya's unit will be all but wiped out. Perhaps Tanya,the girl and the the dark haired fellow will be left. The Allied Kingdom strike force won't change the outcome of Empire vs Republic, but Tanya will know that she can't carry the Empire to victory anymore now that there's another supersoldier of equal might.

MFauli
Sat, 03-18-2017, 06:15 AM
Prediction (wish):

To defeat the enemy super soldier, Tanya makes a deal with the suddenly appearing devil. Then god reappears and offers her the power to defeat the devil and become a god herself as a reward. She takes the power ... and uses the devilīs power to slay god, uses godīs power to slay the devil and thus create a world with no more gods, because gods suck.

Then she leads Germany to victory and the series ends with her becoming the Führer, speaking to the camera (4th wall break): "Letīs find out what a real Führer can achieve, hahahhaha!" In an off-location scene, we see some soldiers storming a house in Austria and shooting young, black-haired boy.
The End.

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Obviously Tanya is gonna kill the guy, probably fairly easily.

It's been set up that the not-Americans will intervene, not the not-British and one particularly angry not-Swede.

She's already got the automatic rifle that his daughter gifted him. She'll kill him, and his death will be reported to his daughter, who will become Tanya's rival, magical powers or not, through "The Grace of God."

And let's also not forget that while Tanya is pretty "evil," Lt. Serebryakov is really hardly better. She's the one who can murder the enemy and sleep soundly ever night, never be nervous before a mission, and be casual about the slaughter of enemies and civilians alike. She may show more emotion, but she's just as ruthless as Tanya.

Munsu
Mon, 01-08-2018, 05:19 PM
I haven't finished the series yet, have watched about 3 episodes and really like what I see. Anyways, a sequel movie is being made:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-07/saga-of-tanya-the-evil-film-will-be-new-sequel-to-tv-anime/.126150

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-22-2019, 01:48 AM
Just watched this because of Isekai Quartet. Was darker than that show prepared me for.

It was okay. Little bit repetitive.

MFauli
Sat, 06-22-2019, 04:42 AM
I loved the flying formations, felt so powerful and sinister when Tanya ordered an attack.

No rumors for season 2?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-22-2019, 07:42 AM
The fights were well animated, they just didn't have a lot of variety to them. Their magic system seems pretty much limited to flying, force fields and exploding bullets.

Munsu
Sat, 06-22-2019, 10:29 PM
I loved the flying formations, felt so powerful and sinister when Tanya ordered an attack.

No rumors for season 2?

There's a movie out, which is a sequel as I understand it, but I haven't watched it. Don't think there are any releases yet.

MFauli
Sun, 06-23-2019, 03:40 AM
There's a movie out, which is a sequel as I understand it, but I haven't watched it. Don't think there are any releases yet.

Wait, there's a movie out NOW?

Brb thx

Munsu
Sun, 06-23-2019, 08:55 AM
Wait, there's a movie out NOW?

Brb thx

Pretty sure it was released in theaters around May, beyond that I don't think there's anything out there right now.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I was looking forward to that KonoSuba movie too, but who knows when that will actually be out for homerelease, and then fansubbed.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 09-13-2019, 11:33 PM
[HorribleSubs] Youjo Senki Movie - 00 [720p].mkv (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:06709ad9467a8ecbcabfdb3369fa9 2a398bb5224&dn=%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Youjo%20Senki%20Movie%20-%2000%20%5B720p%5D.mkv&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fann ounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fan nounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce ) | [1080p].mkv (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9c784ca811a10fe3a370ab634891c 145a31b3ee1&dn=%5BHorribleSubs%5D%20Youjo%20Senki%20Movie%20-%2000%20%5B1080p%5D.mkv&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fnyaa.tracker.wf%3A7777%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.stealth.si%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fann ounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fan nounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce )

-------------------------------------------------

Very nice movie.

All that bitching on Commies and their shitty AA.. no wonder Commie refused to sub this movie.

KrayZ33
Sat, 09-14-2019, 06:41 AM
That show is so goooood...

The only gripe I have is that the bitch didn't die. What a fitting name that person has, intentional most likely and I at least love that - on the other hand however, it's not like she is perfect at everything, but I couldn't help but think: "this isn't fair".

But the ending and the "upgrade" Tanya got (and did not want) made up for it.

The unfairness of it all is what makes this show so good.

MFauli
Sat, 09-14-2019, 07:52 PM
Is the movie a re-edit of season 1, a continuation or something new entirely?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-14-2019, 10:47 PM
Is the movie a re-edit of season 1, a continuation or something new entirely?

It's a continuation.

MFauli
Sun, 09-15-2019, 02:13 AM
Omg thx

*watching*

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-16-2019, 10:13 PM
Tanyaaaaaaaaa

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-16-2019, 11:10 PM
Tanyaaaaaaaaa

Her oversized pajamas look was pretty cute.

The action was a little messy to look at, but it's fine.

My favourite character in this show has to be our puppy-dog-eyes 2nd in command. She's just competently running all the fine details for Tanya. 2nd-in-command's a hard job man.

KrayZ33
Tue, 09-17-2019, 11:31 AM
The side-kicks are indeed really amazing.
I love it that they get some actions of their own.

The action was indeed not that well done - considering it's a movie.
I actually believe the series itself was better in that regard.

But I like all the stuff around it too. It's a nice mix overall.
The only thing I found lacking was that Being X wasn't really featured at all.