PDA

View Full Version : Fuuka

MFauli
Sat, 01-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Yuu Haruna just moved into town and loves to use Twitter. Out on his way to buy dinner, he bumps into a mysterious girl, Fuuka Akitsuki, who breaks his phone thinking he was trying to take a picture of her panties. How will his new life change now?

episode 1 and 2 are out
--------------------------

Off to a good start. Itīs been a long time since Iīve seen a good romance and this promises an interesting love triangle.
Since I have a knack for cute girls with short blue hair *cough*, Iīm obviously in #teamfuuka. Which brings me to my biggest problem atm: The series is called "Fuuka". Thatīs ... kinda biased in her favor, right? And it makes me question if the other girl even has a realistic chance at "winning" his heart. Sheīs his childhood friend, though, so that gives her an edge ... which is countered by him and Fuuka already having been on two dates. And I loved the ending line exchange: "Weīre not a real couple, after all." - "We donīt know that, yet!" :D Damn, Fuuka <3

I hope the childhood friend gains some points, too, in the upcoming episodes, so it becomes a more unpredictable outcome. And Iīm looking forward to seeing Fuuka singing.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 01-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Did you watch the prequel of this story, Suzuka?

MFauli
Mon, 01-09-2017, 08:52 AM
Is the prequel related to this story or just part of a franchise? Anyway, no, I havent watche Suzuka, is it necessary?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-09-2017, 08:56 AM
The prot is Fuuka's dad. It's drama with sprinting and sports mixed in.

MFauli
Mon, 01-09-2017, 09:01 AM
Ok, but you probably donīt need to know about that previous show to understand this one, right? At least I had no troubles following the first two episodes. If "Suzuka" is as good, I might watch it in the future, though.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-09-2017, 09:02 AM
It is pretty good.

MFauli
Mon, 01-09-2017, 09:04 AM
You still havenīt told us if youīre Team Fuuka or Team Childhoodfriend, though!

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I never like ditzy childhood friends unless they are secretly yandere (Shuffle!).

Kraco
Mon, 01-09-2017, 02:26 PM
Fuuka has very beautiful breasts.

I don't really know which one to support right now. Fuuka is an interesting personality and her energetic and pushy nature might be something an introverted social media addict like the MC would need (in retrospect he's not nearly as twitterous now as he was in the beginning, already all thanks to her). However, Koyuki doesn't seem bad either and her behavior is cute. She hasn't let her success turn her into an arrogant bitch in the least.

It's a pity I dislike triangles (or polygons with even more corners), so I'm not particularly looking forward to that aspect of the story. Knowing Suzuka I reckon it will play a heavy role, though.

MFauli
Sat, 01-14-2017, 09:27 AM
episode 3 is out (come on, guys, dont always wait for me :P)
----------------------------------------

the first meeting of the two heroines!!1 And what a cliffhanger. Either Fuuka runs off, or she starts gushing for the "idol". Iīm leaning towars the latter ;D

Also, Fuuka in swimsuit ... damn

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-14-2017, 11:45 PM
That drowning scene made no sense. Fuuka's leg cramped up, Yuu tried to save her, and then they somehow switched places. Wut?

Kraco
Sun, 01-15-2017, 06:19 AM
That drowning scene made no sense. Fuuka's leg cramped up, Yuu tried to save her, and then they somehow switched places. Wut?

Yeah, that was bizarre. But then again, considering Yuu is such a social media and smartphone addict, I'll allow him to fail where nobody else would.

I dislike triangles, but I'm looking forward, even if just a bit, to how Yuu explains knowing Fuuka's greatest idol so personally yet never said a word about it. It would be easy enough to come up with an explanation, but Yuu is a twitter bastard, so can he get anything out of his mouth?

MFauli
Fri, 01-20-2017, 07:36 PM
episode 4 is out
---------------------

Itīs kinda weird. The YuuXFuuka-couple is already kinda established. Thereīs no other to interpret the reactions of her seeing him with Koyuki, and then her being mad all day, until they make up and blush. Seeing how Koyuki intentially created the misunderstanding, I almost expect her to become an obnoxious, cunning bitch who keeps trying to snatch Yuu from Fuuka. Otherwise thereīs currently no real triangle going on.

And damn, Fuuka is so fine. That one flashback-still image from ep3 was enough to make me lose my mind :P

Kraco
Thu, 01-26-2017, 02:34 PM
It's not like Koyuki would know anything about Fuuka or that twitter bastard's relationship with her. Apparently Koyuki has liked Yuu ever since they were children, but the music business took her away and for whatever reason (like plot convenience) she only just now got back to him. It's not actully implausible even in RL since working in the music business would have made Koyuki a kid following the orders of adults. It just might have taken this long to build up her own ego enough to do things on her own. Obviously she wouldn't now want to lose Yuu to some other girl the moment they finally met again.

I just hope Yuu had more guts, at least as much as a normal person. He's an annoying introvert social media addict. Taking a photo of the night sky with the bloody flash enabled only made me dislike him all the more. Not to mention how funny it was that during the concert he was only standing still on the stage with his mouth hanging open. But as expected of a twitter bastard, he didn't even realise himself how ridiculous he looked. Naturally the audience didn't pay attention to a ghost like that, so in that sense he was saved by external circumstances.

Fuuka is so awesome and beautiful that Yuu should man the fuck up to stand beside her.

MFauli
Thu, 01-26-2017, 04:39 PM
Thatīs actually a good point: Has Yuu done anything that explains two beautiful girls falling in love with him?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-26-2017, 05:06 PM
He became a protagonist.

MFauli
Sat, 01-28-2017, 07:33 AM
episode 5 is out
--------------------

He became a protagonist.

Considering he just got himself ANOTHER love interest, yeah.

sigh, this is starting to feel like watching Kirito. Girl after girl falling for him. This latest episode was really bad. Too many coincidences. Why does Fuuka not realize whatīs going on between Sara and Yuu? She instantly got fed up with Koyuki.

Oh well. Iīm sure Iīll be entertained by this anime through to the end, but it probably wonīt be as good as I hoped it to be.

Kraco
Sat, 01-28-2017, 10:21 AM
His messaging buddy turning out to be the hot girl coincidentally joining the same band is something that only happens in romcom. That was pretty thick, for sure. I don't honestly know why the story needed a third girl. Fuuka and Koyuki should have been plenty. Those two were even pretty solid being the childhood love interest and now the high school love interest. Of course one can view Sara as his social media interest, but in all honesty this show should be about curing that twitter bastard from his twitter disease.

Well, whatever, at least the band got another girl so it doesn't look like a reverse harem.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-28-2017, 10:24 AM
She is hot, so I'm cool with it.

MFauli
Sat, 01-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Thatīs why I feel her entry was so unnecessary.Sara truly feels like a tacked-on harem girl, turning this anime into SAO.
Imagine True Tears throwing a third love interest at you in its 4th/5th episode. Would completely ruin the dynamic. And we KNOW that Sara wonīt have a real shot at the hero, ffs, even Koyuki is highly unlikely to truly have a chance to win him over, so why bother with another, less likely candidate? Weird.

She is hot, so I'm cool with it.

Classic shinta. Also: Agreed (those booooooooooobs! Also, did I mention boobs? Lol, she reminds me of Highschool of the Deadīs Busujima).

Kraco
Sat, 02-04-2017, 01:03 PM
If you are going to be so firm about not wearing a towel to the pool, you ought to realise it's not supposed to be worn in the sauna either. Although these girls were pretty serious sauna goers otherwise with the temperature over 90C.

It's nice those two spent time together, but Koyuki was far too hasty to feel relieved when Fuuka told about her lack of romantic feelings.

MFauli
Sat, 02-04-2017, 01:11 PM
Another coincidence, oh well.

I didnt like this episode that much. yeah, yeah, fan-service, blahblah. But this is where unnecessary drama starts. Koyuki could just tell Fuuka that she likes him. Then, if Fuuka doesnīt back off, they could just agree to be rivals. Instead, weīre getting this typical phoney friendship now. sigh

All that while itīs almost set in stone that the heroe will get together with Fuuka. Seriously, the title of this anime is so bad. Why put one heroineīs name in the title when the audience would prefer to speculate? True Tears wouldnīt have anywhere as much fun if either of the girlsī name was put in the title.

MFauli
Sat, 02-18-2017, 10:15 AM
episode 8 is out
-----------------

Ugh, I was looking forward to this weekīs episode, but it fell rather flat. In terms of the overall story, it was okay. But ... you really mustnīt begin thinking about the details:

1.) WHY would anybody think itīs okay to throw bottles?!
2.) The bottle-guy is happy once they started making music. Okay. So what now? Will he pay for the broken guitar? Those are expensive. Not to mention dangerously injuring Yuu.
3.) What was the bottle-guys intention when he grabbed Yuuīs sister, saying "Oh, look what we got here, haha!"? From my experience of a myriad of dumb henchmen in anime, this is what rapist says who intends to sexually assault his victim. So ... what was this guyīs end-game here? Rape a girl inmidst a mass of people?
4.) Speaking of all the so-called "fans": Why are they all such terrible, terrible beings?! After the first bottle was thrown and hit Yuu, everybody should have jumped the bottle-guy and pushed him out of the room, if not beat him up. You *can* excuse that by explaining away that everybody hated Yuu at this point. But you cannot excuse that NOBODY stepped in when the bottle-guy grabbed and harassed Yuuīs sister. WTF. And this only gets worse: When Koyuki reveals herself, they run up to her, while sheīs clearly in distress and crying for help. WHAT kind of fans are those? The depiction of all those people was so absurdly bad if not evil that I have no idea who thought that was realistic. And if itīs realistic ... holy shit.
5.) When the manager forbade Koyuki to contact Yuu for a while, WHY did Koyui not send him one last message saying "Yo Yuu, my manager wants me to stay away from you for a while. This is not my own decision, Iīm sorry. Hopefully we can meet soon again. cu, Koyuki". Everything would have been fine then. But no, just cut contact, leaving Yuu wondering wtf happend to Koyuki. Ofc heīd start looking for her, who wouldnīt.
6.) So Koyuki loses her singing voice, although there are no physical reasons for it. Stress, the manager says. Okay, fancy Miss manager, so you have NO clue as to why your idol might be stressed out? Like, ya know, forbidding her to meet or even write her love interest? sigh

And so on.
This episode was REALLY bad in the details.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 02-19-2017, 11:48 AM
Stupid people, terrible writing.

Kraco
Wed, 02-22-2017, 10:44 AM
1.) WHY would anybody think itīs okay to throw bottles?!

Apparently nobody called the police when a person was injured due to a thrown bottle. Apparently there wasn't even a single teacher present to oversee the place, despite it being a school festival and a huge throng of outsiders had arrived. Super realistic.

2.) The bottle-guy is happy once they started making music. Okay. So what now? Will he pay for the broken guitar? Those are expensive. Not to mention dangerously injuring Yuu.

Getting repair money from the dude would be the least of what they should have done, but I guess this is normal in anime/manga, where people can destroy a building and nobody cares. What's one guitar?

4.) Speaking of all the so-called "fans": Why are they all such terrible, terrible beings?!

These guys weren't the kind of normal fans idols would want, these were the kind of obsessed otaku Japan is known for in RL. The Japanese idols regularly receive death threats from their fans. Female idols who make a mistake of being in contact with the oppose sex get more than just threats. The civilised fans obviously wouldn't even come to this place. Why would they? They are Koyuki's fans, not the fans of some noname dude whose face they saw in the leaked photo. Maybe some from the nearby might have come if they believed there's a 1% chance Koyuki would appear, but they would probably be the minority. The mentally challenged fans who would hate the random guy would be the majority.

5.) When the manager forbade Koyuki to contact Yuu for a while, WHY did Koyui not send him one last message saying "Yo Yuu, my manager wants me to stay away from you for a while. This is not my own decision, Iīm sorry. Hopefully we can meet soon again. cu, Koyuki". Everything would have been fine then. But no, just cut contact, leaving Yuu wondering wtf happend to Koyuki. Ofc heīd start looking for her, who wouldnīt.

The manager wasn't too smart, that's why. She probably couldn't foresee Koyuki would take the order so literally and cut all contact 100%. That's often the problem in the interaction between adults and (obedient) kids. In the first place it's an absolute disaster for the agency their popular maiden idol is in contact with boys. Considering that they were surprisingly lenient. We are talking about the country where idols and such have to sign an agreement not to date or be in too much contact with the opposite sex if they want to work. Heaven forbid, if they want to marry and have a family, they need to battle the issue in a court of law to get out of the diabolic treaty first. At the same time the agency's producers, managers, and other employees are living a normal life, of course.

Kraco
Fri, 02-24-2017, 01:37 PM
Episode 9

-- - --- - -

I don't even remember Suzuka that well after all the years, but somehow I'm getting annoying emotional flashbacks due to the triangle. That stupid rooting for element doesn't exactly help either. With how much I hate triangle dramas in general, I'm liking Koyuki less and less, even though she hasn't done anything particularly nasty. Yet. It does feel like she's worried about Fuuka, and thus I wouldn't exactly be surprised if she tried to scheme Yuu out of the practices and the whole band ultimately. That twitter bastard probably would be susceptible to such plots, seeing how he already missed the beginning of a practice session once due to Koyuki. Koyuki would need to do nothing but act distraight and Yuu might forget everything else.

But yeah, I'm highly biased since I'd only like to see Fuuka win.

MFauli
Fri, 02-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Did I miss an episode? Last episode ended with "I mustnīt call him anymore". This episode starts with "hey, weīre a happy couple, doing couple-things!"

???

Anyway, this series feels a bit too run-off-the-mills right now. Itīs like everything is now predictable and weīre just waiting for it be shown.

Also, maincharacter is dumb. Is he blind? Dat Fuuka. Iīd die from dehydration because Iīd refuse to leave the bedroom until Iīm gone ...

Kraco
Fri, 03-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Episode 10

- - - - - - - - -

Only a preschooler would walk back like that when the lights have already turned red. A preschooler and an anime MC that wants to be transported to another world by Truck-kun.

Corcerning Fuuka's decision, wouldn't it mean the childhood friend won? Ths will make Fuuka a traitor, even if Yuu didn't say it aloud. Their relationship would automatically turn cold after this. Although since everybodt thinks Yuu and Koyuki are already all but officially married (which won't happen as long as Koyuki wants to remain a female idol), that might very well have been Fuuka's intentin in the first place. It might be too hard to remain in the same band and friendly with Yuu when she knows he belongs to someone else.

However, what is this show going to be all about now with the band dead? I certainly hope we won't be "enjoying" Fuuka together with that scumbag producer.

MFauli
Fri, 03-24-2017, 05:01 PM
Final episode is out
-----------------------

So this is over. Okay.
The original manga plot definitely would have made this 10times as memorable. Now it turned into a generic romance story without anything special. I give it an above average-rating only because it was easy to watch and Fuuka in bikini is smoking hot.
But other than that ... not a must-watch at all.