PDA

View Full Version : Akiba's Trip - The Animation (watch this or you´re missing out!!1)

MFauli
Sat, 01-07-2017, 10:17 AM

Set in Akihabara, the shopping area has been invaded by creatures known as "Synthisters" who prey on the patrons of Akihabara, feasting on their social energy and will to live. These enemies can only be stopped by direct exposure to sunlight, meaning to defeat these synthisters their clothes need to be ripped off exposing them to sunlight.

------------------

episode 1 is out
--------------------

So I waited till today to watch this, as I didn´t have much if any expectations for this show. After all it´s based on a silly video game (that I enjoyed a lot, but doesn´t lend itself much to an adaptation). Boy, was I wrong.

To get the one low point of this episode of the way, the moi moi-girl was hella annoying. Dear god, I hope she gets less obnoxious in upcoming episodes.
That aside, I REALLY loved the over-the-top presentation of this anime. Animations are really good, very fluid, no repetitions, and simply well choreoraphed. What´s weird is that the artstyle reminds me a lot of Pokémon. Which helps, because it makes the characters look instantly likeable.
The premise is very silly, after all it´s about fighting possessed people (mostly women, I´d guess :P) that are defeated by having their clothes removed. So this isn´t some super serious anime, but it´s also not completely goofy, either. What helps making the action scenes feel alive is the fantastic music. I´m not lying when I say that I got chills during the ending battle in this first episode. Very, very strong musical composition, definitely not something you´d hear in just something cheap.

The best comparison I can come up with at this point is: Pokemon meets Chaos;Head meets Gurren Lagann. It´s just some light over-the-top fantasy story set in contemporal AKihabara (which it shows in extreme detail, advertisiments everywhere) with above-average animation and music. It never felt boring. I doubt this will end up a masterpiece that people talk about for years to come, but it´s still worth watching for the well-presented entertainment. In a way, this is the superior Occultic;Nine ;>

Now, if only we´d get to find out what happened to the possessed girl with the fork in her head. After all, once they´re undressed, they return to normal. Gotta hurt with that forks :(

MFauli
Thu, 01-12-2017, 06:08 AM
episode 2 is out
-------------------

Another jolly good episode <3
This anime so far really manages a great balance between "serious" stuff and silliness. I loved the over-the-top undressing of the big military guy, running alongside his arm, lolwtf.

Worst part: The "doctor/professor". Why does it need to be a little girl? *sigh*

Anyway, looking forward to next ep

PS: And the half-nude green haired loli was super cute. Especially since she seems to be quite a tsundere