PDA

View Full Version : Keijo!!!!!!!!

MFauli
Thu, 09-29-2016, 11:00 AM

Kaminashi Nozomi (17) is an exceptional gymnast. So much so that colleges with some of the best gymnastic programs are trying to recruit her. Unfortunately for them, she has other plans. Due to her family being extremely poor, money is everything to her. That's why she wants to step into the world of "Keijo." "Keijo" is a type of gambling sport where girls stand on a small floating platform and compete against one another. The aim is to push the other contestant off of the platform into the water, but they are only allowed to use their butt or breasts to push the others off. Will Nozomi be able to compete in the intense world of "Keijo" and bring wealth and fortune for her family?

Will definitely watch this. The over-the-top, serious animation style makes it fun from trailers alone. It feels like a parody of all those cheap ecchi-series, owning the sexiness and turning it into a ... battle series. lol.

neflight86
Thu, 09-29-2016, 02:08 PM
Just looks like the run of the mill Smutty show of the season. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine this would be anything special.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-01-2016, 07:30 AM
If they have a high enough budget, it can look good.

MFauli
Thu, 10-06-2016, 01:23 PM
episode 1 is out
---------------------

Fantastic start, not even a minute in and weīre getting some good action. Then a little later weīre at a real competition flashback and it was glorious. The fighting is so serious and creative, it feels like watching Kyuubi Naruto vs CS2 Sasuke, except with girls and ... what they bring with them ;>
Real great animation, feels truly exciting to see how the dodge and attack each other.

Whatīs also fantastic: It feels refreshingly low-key on fanservice. Which, I guess, is a byproduct of being openly "ecchi" at the core of the anime. Itīs about butt-and-tits battles, after all.

Characters are interesting and Iīm glad Miyata or whatīs the silver-haired girlīs name isnīt an Ayanami-like stoic, as can be seen in the last scene, when se leans against the door outside the room, having some serious doubts about her future success. And her goal is kinda cute: Doing all that so a desiger makes her her own swimsuit.

Definitely will keep watching!

shinta|hikari
Thu, 10-06-2016, 03:06 PM
If this turns out to be crap disguised in boobs and ass I will sue you.

MFauli
Thu, 10-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Itīs not crap. No idea if youīll enjoy it (havent seen any loli so far!), but the battles were really fun. Tbh this is the best new anime Iīve seen so far this season. But I havenīt seen them all. Kinda sad that thereīs no good new "serious" show. Well, Izetta is still promising, but its first episode didnīt give me the impression of a timeless masterpiece like Death Note, Monster or Shin Sekai Yori.

In terms of funny/silly anime, Keijo is looking to be fantastic.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Prepare for a court summons.

MFauli
Sat, 10-08-2016, 11:46 AM
If you think this is crap, the problem lies with you, lol.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-08-2016, 11:57 AM
I can't believe you can't accept Saitama's power origin being push-ups but you can accept a premise and sport like this.

LOL at KOing people with your butt.

MFauli
Sat, 10-08-2016, 01:29 PM
When any girlīs superior butt power is explained with "I only took a shit once a day" I will criticize it, too, donīt worry.

And yes, LOL. Thatīs the point. Itīs hilarious :D

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Ah so this is comedy. In that context, you're right. I thought you were expecting me to take this seriously considering the praise you lavished it with.

The art is good, and the action is intense. Not a bad watch.

MFauli
Sat, 10-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Yes, this is comedy. Or rather, itīs parody even!!1

And yes, intense action, well animated. Fun to watch.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-09-2016, 12:54 AM
The action and the special moves are good. Soundtrack too. If they keep enough of that going I'll be watching.

The premise, the school and the girls though? Passable. I could drop this once the above dies to the point where it's no longer worth watching.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-13-2016, 03:54 AM
Keijo is so earnestly bad it is somehow good.

Oh Xebec, never stop being you.

MFauli
Thu, 10-13-2016, 12:53 PM
episode 2 is out
------------------

It got better towards the end, but the first half felt too much like typical ecchi fan-service. All those unneccesary close-ups pf butts and tits. At least give it some context, like towards the end when Miyata was feeling up Nozomiīs butt ;>

The action is so hilarious, though.
"Is she using a butt gatling?!"
"Iīll accelerate my butt for an even stronger strike!"

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Uhh...

The introduction of the term "vacuum butt cannon" pretty much negates your argument, in its entirety.

ForteCross
Thu, 10-13-2016, 06:26 PM
When any girlīs superior butt power is explained with "I only took a shit once a day" I will criticize it, too, donīt worry.

And yes, LOL. Thatīs the point. Itīs hilarious :D
inb4 the girl that did 100 squats every day for a year and got the one butt girl

shinta|hikari
Thu, 10-13-2016, 09:15 PM
The parody is strong in this one. I almost fell off my chair when I saw Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon in the OP, only with asses popping out. I'm also pretty sure Shinkuu Rekketsu is referencing Shinkuu Hadouken, Ryu's special move.

Main reason why I am still watching despite utterly hating predominantly fanservice shows:

Yeah.

MasterOfMoogles
Thu, 10-13-2016, 09:47 PM
These people's spines! They must have been genetically crossed with cats or something.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-14-2016, 02:58 AM
So glad the teacher dodged the shot. The outcome would have been entirely different.

Munsu
Sun, 10-16-2016, 08:20 PM
I was...entertained. Second episode didn't do much for me though. The battle sequences are good though and amusing.

For some reason it's making me reminiscence a bit Air Master. I fucking miss Air Master.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-17-2016, 02:35 AM
Facebook just sent me an advertisement from Crunchyroll. For Keijo. Apparently it thought I'd like it.

I do like it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-21-2016, 05:50 AM
Episode 03

---------------

Unlimited Butt Works here we come.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-21-2016, 07:24 AM
Versus Gate of Bootylon.

MFauli
Fri, 10-21-2016, 09:17 AM
Forbidden Technique! You mustnīt use it or youīll shorten your lifespan!

The "fanservice" was a bit too much in the first half, but I loved how this anime gave us a shounen-esque tournament prep episode. :D Next week should be fun.

PS: Does the navel-free patch on Nozomiīs special swimsuit have any function? It was kinda bothering me, because I couldnīt think of a valid reason. And surely the academy wouldnīt sexualize their students beyond reason ;P

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-21-2016, 09:56 AM
It's fashion. Nothing to do with sexuality at all you perv.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-21-2016, 02:57 PM
It merely means the special training suit has no need to restrict abdominal muscles, since most of the damage from the vacuum butt cannon is to the hips, lower back, and up through the shoulders (due to the rotational energy provided by repeated backflips...).

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-28-2016, 05:33 AM
HS - Episode 04

----------------------------------

Versus Gate of Bootylon.

I called it Unlimited Butt Works because I expected her to copy other people's techniques after touching them. Turned out that (at least for now) it's just data-gathering.

Gate of Bootylon fits the imagery of the OP.

Ass of Steel was some hilarious shit.

MFauli
Fri, 10-28-2016, 06:18 AM
This.Is.So.Stupid.

I love it.

Dear god, she pulls up her swimsuit and itīs like she opened several gates akin to Rock Lee xD
And yeah, ass of steel, fuck lol.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-28-2016, 07:45 AM
The only problem is that it feels like any other person can do it (W-Acceleration)

ForteCross
Sat, 10-29-2016, 10:41 AM
The only problem is that it feels like any other person can do it (W-Acceleration)

but how much time can they maintain it?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-29-2016, 04:20 PM
but how much time can they maintain it?

No idea. What determines that? We had a match of speed that showed us lung capacity determining endurance. I don't know what you can do to lengthen time-till-muscle-cramp.

My point is that Miyata found a trick that seems to be easily replicated. You can't just copy the other girl because lung capacity is genetic. Miyata needs something that has a genetic barrier, or a technique that requires so much dedicated practice that others can't easily pick it up.

The anime portrayed it as if she only needed one night, if not a week tops to get to 30 seconds.

MFauli
Sun, 10-30-2016, 05:04 AM
You answered you own question: Time-until-muscle-cramp

Obviously the longer your muscles can hold out, the longer you can use super speed.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-30-2016, 06:42 AM
@Buff:

How do you know it works as well for everyone else? If anything, it may only work for a portion of Outfighters.

Miyata is an Outfighter, so she has the base speed and is already at the top-tier of Outfighters for speed, so people copying her aren't going to get that much of an advantage. So that leaves Rokudou.

Miyata also has a particular bodytype. Her butt is big, but it isn't real big. It's on the more slender side actually. Rokudou has a noticeably smaller butt.

What I'm getting at is, perhaps Miyata has a shape where she can really wedge her swimsuit up there, and it will stay in place under such movement. Kazane was having a tough time getting Miyata's swimsuit back over her cramped butt.

Of course, the obvious answer is when she gets her own custom swimsuit, Miyata should just get a thong-back.

edit:
I enjoy that Hikasa Yōko is in basically every trashy ecchi show. Her saying "LOSER!" in English as the teacher-announcer really adds to the series in a non-definable way.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-30-2016, 06:52 AM
You answered you own question: Time-until-muscle-cramp

Obviously the longer your muscles can hold out, the longer you can use super speed.

And obviously I was saying "What determines time-till-muscle-cramp?"

@Ryll: if they explain it like that, great. If not, then it just becomes a a swimsuit design factor that other people can easily pick up.

For example: all outfighters should now get a thong back. In fact, everybody should now get a thong back, unless there are obvious reasons why more material is better.

MFauli
Sun, 10-30-2016, 06:53 AM
And obviously I was saying "What determines time-till-muscle-cramp?"

And obviously the answer is: Training

If I start running Iīll get a cramp in less than a minute. For a trainer runned, even 5 hours of constant running are possible.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-30-2016, 06:56 AM
What about Non then? Her spongey soft butt's Reflection capability may only work with the efficiency it does if the mass of her tush is contained in a regular swimsuit.

The other obvious reason against thong bottoms for all is the risk of flashing their bits.

Miyata and some of the other girls have prior training. Miyata is a judoka, Nozomi is a gymnast. They're not going to have to train as hard to get up to that peak level of fitness because they were already there.
Many of the others just have curvy bodies or are musclebound.

You're thinking too hard about this Buff.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:00 AM
And obviously the answer is: Training

If I start running Iīll get a cramp in less than a minute. For a trainer runned, even 5 hours of constant running are possible.

Training? More like electrolyte balance. Maybe keijo girls can spike their butts with magnesium or sodium before fights. Training doesn't reduce cramps. Electrolyte replenishment and proper warmups do. Neither of those two factors are enough of a barrier to differentiate one contestant from another.

edit:

What about Non then? Her spongey soft butt's Reflection capability may only work with the efficiency it does if the mass of her tush is contained in a regular swimsuit.

True. That aspect of design-meets-physique makes sense. Everyone pushing up their tits won't make them shock absorbers.

Top level girls have prior training isn't a surprise. I'm not sure where this comes in.

I'm not even thinking hard about this, MFauli's just making me explain.

All I'm saying is "As a special move, W-acceleration really isn't that special". It's easily copied and used.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:15 AM
Normally, MFauli gets pedantic about something, but this time it's you. It's really not that easily copied.

Any girl can give herself a wedgie for more movement and speed as Kazane explained, but that small amount of difference only matters for people who would notice it (i.e. top-end outfighers who focus on raw speed).

Not all outfighters focus on speed above all else. Kazane doesn't, for example.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:18 AM
Every top out fighter in the world, pull a wedgie.

Congratulations, you have now learned W-acceleration.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:27 AM
And every infighter who can put in enough rotational energy through their hips can do the vacuum butt canon.

Keijo does not appear to be a series where special moves are secret or even unique (maybe hypnoboobs...).

The difference is can a girl use a special technique without hurting herself, or ending her career prematurely.

Edit: The UTM exists for a reason, and it isn't just to punish misbehaving girls. The instructors know how to make super moves viable for the appropriate girl.

Think of Keijo less as a fighting series and more as a wrestling one. Girls might have Signature Moves, but they're not unique and they never pretended they were.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:29 AM
And I thought discussing sense in dragonball was dumb.

Tsukkomi aside, training really doesn't reduce cramping!? Is that true??

ForteCross
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:34 AM
No idea. What determines that? We had a match of speed that showed us lung capacity determining endurance. I don't know what you can do to lengthen time-till-muscle-cramp.

My point is that Miyata found a trick that seems to be easily replicated. You can't just copy the other girl because lung capacity is genetic. Miyata needs something that has a genetic barrier, or a technique that requires so much dedicated practice that others can't easily pick it up.

The anime portrayed it as if she only needed one night, if not a week tops to get to 30 seconds.

Even lung capacity can be prolonged or shrinked by training or smoking for example, its not just genetics.

Hell any atlete training in high altitude mountains will have a much easier time when competing in low altitude just because of the oxygen density in the air

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:38 AM
This article opposes Buff's opinion on cramps: https://runnersconnect.net/running-nutrition-articles/bonk-fatigue-cramp/

From personal experience, I agree with it. When I was less fit, I felt cramps coming on during a workout far more often than when I was in better shape.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-30-2016, 07:50 AM
@Forte: Yes, you can train it. It's genetic + training that gets you there. I didn't say that specifically because the little girl's main determinant is lung capacity (or rather, her small frame + lung capacity = speed + endurance).

@Shinta: I'll agree with you that training can reduce cramps (and by extension MFauli)

edit: further reading: http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/nutrition/factsheets/hydration/cramps_and_stitch

MFauli
Sun, 10-30-2016, 10:22 AM
Just a reminder: This is a series that has the girls train "butt walking".

Iīm confident that simply saying "training" makes the difference is ample enough. Iīd be very surprised if the author of this researched anatomy and professional sports beyond the anatomy of butts.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-01-2016, 10:03 PM
This is Ippo with tits.

The Vacuum Butt Cannon is the New Dempsey Roll.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-02-2016, 03:23 AM
Training aside, my other point was that everyone (unless you need the swimsuit to support soft bottoms) should wear thongs now since this discovery.

At best you'll learn W-Acceleration. At a minimum you'll now be less restricted.

It's like if Air Jordans make you jump higher, everyone should wear them no matter what position you play.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Are there no benefits to non-thong suits? Like more protection or aerodynamics.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Are there no benefits to non-thong suits? Like more protection or aerodynamics.

These girls don't appear to get abrasions to their bum. Aerodynamics over just the bottom being significant? That's a stretch, but the same goes for wedgies allowing accelerations in that case.

Perhaps they keep your butt warmer.. or some shit.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Aren't there swimsuits that make swimmers swim faster despite having way more coverage due to grooves in the fabric? Maybe that can apply here.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Aren't there swimsuits that make swimmers swim faster despite having way more coverage due to grooves in the fabric? Maybe that can apply here.

That's true for swimming since water resistance is so high. Air resistance at our speeds aren't much of an impact though, which is why I think running records get broken much less frequently than swimming records.

You simply can't give someone new shoes / skinsuits and expect him to be measurably faster, all else equal.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-02-2016, 08:28 AM
But in Keijo, where wedgies give you special moves, that tiny bit of difference might matter.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-02-2016, 08:31 AM
But in Keijo, where wedgies give you special moves, that tiny bit of difference might matter.

Not enough, says Miyata-san. Muscle > air resistance it seems, which is exactly what we're talking about. In fact, air resistance should matter much more for these outfighters, but instead she gets to Windwalk with a bare butt. I'd say the suit doesn't do much.

Anyway, I was saying that it'd be strange of no one else starts wedging themselves. W-acceleration can be her special move, but a suit design needs copyright. Not that one can copyright wedgie suits.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Point taken.

I still have not given up on finding a purpose behind more coverage. Let me think on it.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-02-2016, 08:35 AM
More coverage = sexier stripping time.

In a real-world setting, covering can provide better proprioception for your body to work with (via skin tactile feedback) so can reduce sprains. That's how ankle supports mostly work. Only the really stiff stuff (the ones that actually restrict movement) actually provide true mechanical support.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Will sexy tan lines work as a reason? I mean, this is a sport for entertainment. It can't all be efficiency. If that were true, all sports shoes would look plain and be one color.

MFauli
Wed, 11-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Speaking of tan lines ... how about camoflage tan lines? xD

ForteCross
Wed, 11-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Speaking of tan lines ... how about camoflage tan lines? xD
the moment shinta talked about tanlines i though of the guy from rurouni kenshin that had rings in his outfit just for the illusion effect of extending his arm

extending butt coverage ability?

MFauli
Wed, 11-02-2016, 12:58 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of:

"Oh my god, who taught her this forbidden Keijo-technique? Sheīs using Tan Mirage! By covering her entire body with stripe-like tan lines, she mimics the camoflage effect of zebras and tigers. Her body disappears within the environment and the opponent cant follow her anymore. While her opponent frantically looks for her, she silently sneaks up from behind and finished the opponent in one subtle blow with her butt."

"But why is it a forbidden technique? It sounds extremely useful."

"It is, but it comes at a severe cost. The camoflage effect is more effective, the starker the contrast between bright and dark skin. Tan Mirage-users tend to give up reason when trying to master the technique and disregard their own skinīs health. In lesser cases, irls suffered from serious sun burns that made it impossible to fight for months to come. In more serious cases ..."

"What happened?!"

"... death. The effect of Tan Mirage was so hard on the girlsī bodies that they got themselves skin cancer. Many of them died after a couple of months. Only few survived and were left with large scars, covering their bodies. That is why Tan Mirage isnīt officially taught by any trainer anymore. Or so I thought. Just who would risk a girlīs health ...."

And so on :P

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-03-2016, 04:32 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but for tan lines to work, you'd have to wear less to show it off right?

!!!

It can't all be efficiency. If that were true, all sports shoes would look plain and be one color.

That's marketting coming in to play. Sportspersons would like to wear something good-looking (and performance enhancing), and viewers would want to buy good looking shit that also seems to be performance enhancing.

If all-black shoes ran faster than coloured shoes, that'd be another issue.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-03-2016, 05:59 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but for tan lines to work, you'd have to wear less to show it off right?

But how would you get tan lines in the first place if you wore a thong from the start?

MFauli
Thu, 11-03-2016, 06:45 AM
Dont make me draw shitty Keijo-fanart, Buff!

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-03-2016, 03:50 PM
But how would you get tan lines in the first place if you wore a thong from the start?

Tanning booth

MFauli
Thu, 11-03-2016, 05:29 PM
new episode is out
---------------------

yeah, it makes no sense, lol. Is her butt possessed? I wouldnīt wanna go near this girl ;>When her butt started making sounds, I expected a silly fart joke at first.

And omg, the logic in this series. "The vacuum butt canon became even stronger by adding rotations". WHERE does the accelleration even come from? fucking lol :D

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-03-2016, 11:30 PM
yeah, it makes no sense, lol. Is her butt possessed? I wouldnīt wanna go near this girl ;>When her butt started making sounds, I expected a silly fart joke at first.

It's not possessed, she just makes it sound that way. She predicts movement with vibrations through her feet. She actually has to think about the fight.

And omg, the logic in this series. "The vacuum butt canon became even stronger by adding rotations". WHERE does the accelleration even come from? fucking lol

They both ran in circles before a clash. Cerberus only ran and reached a limit to its max speed (they ran at the same speed), while Vacuum butt cannon kept building on its centrifugal force (by spinning her butt, or so it goes).

In the end, Cerberus lost because it tried to make the fight about power. Vacuum butt is all about power. Cerberus is about combining prediction with boob attacks to form seamless combos (think H/Allelujah from Gundam 00, even if it's not a 100% comparison).

I agree though, logic is out the window.Thankfully it's not logic that makes this show good.

neflight86
Thu, 12-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Episode 10

Hear me out, but I think I understand why this show gets away with being... what it is. The absurdity of 'techniques' used each episode is always topped by the one that follows, without fail. I honestly feel like I could list and describe what you see on display here, and if you put them in order from 'tasteless', to 'offensive', to 'disrespectful', all the way to 'only Japan (also known as mild stroke)', that would be the exact same order they appeared in the show at.

My fear is that this will stop being entertaining the instant that plateau of irreverence ceases to climb, and all that remains will be the sinking feeling of acknowledging my place as the definitive lowest common denominator.

Gate of bootylon; I feel like I've seen that somewhere before...

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-09-2016, 02:46 AM
I was reading your comment and thought this was the Jojo thread...

Until Gate of Bootylon.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-09-2016, 08:02 AM
It's just going in the same direction as the sports shows that become magical shows. I knew they had to lose this one, but didn't think it'd be as cheap as the whirlpool boob thing. It must be such a humiliating win for the title-holders. They basically lucked out.

MFauli
Fri, 12-09-2016, 03:16 PM
I still cant get over previous episodeīs nipple attack by Miyata. She EXPOSES her nipple, in front of the audience, where her FATHER is sitting, watching. Then slams the opponent to the ground with said nipple. All the while having a giant rip in her swimsuit pants, which, by all logical means, must have exposed her vaiana, too. w t f?! That entire chain of sequences had me feel that thereīs a definite lack of embarrassment and self-awareness on the side of the girls, namely Miyata. Ofc, nobody in the audience seemed to mind, neither negatively nor positively. It was ... weird.
A world where a young girl can show her pussy and nipples to the world and nobody minds. Dunno ... *shrugs*

On to the latest episode. OUCH @ the drill boobs. Thatīs goota hurt! And fuck, when GATE OF BOOTYLON started, I got reminded of Neon Genesis Evangelion, holy hell lol.

Iīm not sure what Buff talks about "losing", but thatīs exactly the kind of over-the-top silliness this anime needed to feature.

PS: Now all we need is a hentai-spin off-anime that features "men vs women" battles. "Hear me, my Spear of Longinus! Grant me the power to penetrate the Gate of Bootylon!" ;>

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Ofc, nobody in the audience seemed to mind, neither negatively nor positively. It was ... weird. They're being respectful...and quietly placing the image into the bank for later.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Other people are in shock and dismay that this series exists. I am in shock and dismay that this post below exists.

I still cant get over previous episodeīs nipple attack by Miyata. She EXPOSES her nipple, in front of the audience, where her FATHER is sitting, watching. Then slams the opponent to the ground with said nipple. All the while having a giant rip in her swimsuit pants, which, by all logical means, must have exposed her vaiana, too. w t f?! That entire chain of sequences had me feel that thereīs a definite lack of embarrassment and self-awareness on the side of the girls, namely Miyata. Ofc, nobody in the audience seemed to mind, neither negatively nor positively. It was ... weird.
A world where a young girl can show her pussy and nipples to the world and nobody minds. Dunno ... *shrugs*

On to the latest episode. OUCH @ the drill boobs. Thatīs goota hurt! And fuck, when GATE OF BOOTYLON started, I got reminded of Neon Genesis Evangelion, holy hell lol.

NGE. NGE? I'm not even going to bother correcting you, but I will absolutely call you out on it. Go back to 2006...and 2011/2012...and 2014/2015, think about why you're an idiot, and get back to us.

And in the reality that this absurd series exists, Miyata's father has nothing but PRIDE in his daughter's victory after seeing how she won. She didn't win with a Keijo butt thrust. She won with a judo throw. Using nipples so hard they could cut glass to catch her opponent, but it was a judo throw nonetheless. She didn't abandon her upbringing, she brought it to new heights. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about. The way she won overcame everything her father had reservations about.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Iīm not sure what Buff talks about "losing", but thatīs exactly the kind of over-the-top silliness this anime needed to feature.

"losing", as in the Away team had to lose to the Home team, since winning means the MC won't fight the Home Ace.

ForteCross
Sat, 12-10-2016, 05:38 PM
Other people are in shock and dismay that this series exists. I am in shock and dismay that this post below exists.

NGE. NGE? I'm not even going to bother correcting you, but I will absolutely call you out on it. Go back to 2006...and 2011/2012...and 2014/2015, think about why you're an idiot, and get back to us.

And in the reality that this absurd series exists, Miyata's father has nothing but PRIDE in his daughter's victory after seeing how she won. She didn't win with a Keijo butt thrust. She won with a judo throw. Using nipples so hard they could cut glass to catch her opponent, but it was a judo throw nonetheless. She didn't abandon her upbringing, she brought it to new heights. Nothing at all to be embarrassed about. The way she won overcame everything her father had reservations about.
totally agree with you.

the scene with the unlimited butt works had me laughing hard, even to the point where the dialog was just copied over with the same "the copying cant be as good as the original".

felt like south park where they were asking themselves if they were the ones to lower the bar so low...

next episode will be the finale? it will be hard to top off this episode :\

MFauli
Sat, 12-10-2016, 05:42 PM
My daughter could be saving the world, but if she shows everyone her nipples, Iīd still lock her up in dark room and enroll her in a monastery! >_<
No, I fully well understood the whole "Miyata is applying a judo-technique within Keijo, which shows her father how serious she is about everything". Blah. Iīve watched to many h-anime to not picture an incest story following this tournament ;/ (wait, I should use this smilie: :) )

Lol, donīt leave us hanging. Explain! :D

shinta|hikari
Sun, 12-11-2016, 01:15 AM
Fate....

ForteCross
Sun, 12-18-2016, 03:42 PM
I was reading your comment and thought this was the Jojo thread...

Until Gate of Bootylon.

new episode out....

that moment when you realize that gate of bootylon was in the opening all along 0_0

MFauli
Fri, 12-23-2016, 07:17 AM
Last episode
-----------------

That was really dumb. Really, really dumb. Iīm sorry, but I cannot get over the fact that this is a sports where thousands of people are watching, tv-cameras everywhere ... and these girls bare their boobs at any given chance. The pink haired buff-skill especially was hardcore-nude, she stood there in broad light, her entire boobs exposed.

I mean ... good that theyīre this confident about their bodies. But I donīt think this would go for a mainstream sports that people of all ages are watching.

And if I had a daughter, Iīd never allow her to participate, lol. Good on you, conservative dojo-dad of Miyata, watching your daughterīs nippels, together with thousands of people. :D

And thatīs just the part about nipples. Maya freaking TRANSFORMED. And on top of that, she has schizophrenia and itīs explained with "she was abused as a young girl". OKAY. So instead of sending her to therapy, treating a severe trauma ... you make use of it by pulling her into Keijo, a sports where young girls fight with their boobs and butts to please an audience that gambles on them. l- o - l

Overall, it was an okay anime. I never felt bored, so thatīs that. Still, far from a must-see. And considering all the nipple attacks, they should have gone full-ecchi and shown those nips. Gotta have at least some good come from this ;>

Looking forward to season 2, when somebody uses her breastmilk to irritate the opponent. You know itīs bound to happen lol

neflight86
Fri, 12-23-2016, 08:15 AM
Reporting live from the brain-death triage center at my local hospital: Keijo is over and never got around to apologizing. This was the kind of show I had to frequently pause to individually face palm each successively worse attack parody, as I feel there is a true romance in the idea of someone actually writing, someone else approving, and then someone having to read "shoryucans" in a sound booth. If I didn't know better, I might call this just a bit unrealistic, as if that were the point or something...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-23-2016, 08:21 AM
This show was pretty good fun. It got ridiculous towards the end, but not unbearably so. The nipples can stay hidden. I like it classy like that. The problem with S2 is that they'll somehow have to make another 12 episodes out of this without continuing downwards.

And thatīs just the part about nipples. Maya freaking TRANSFORMED. And on top of that, she has schizophrenia and itīs explained with "she was abused as a young girl"

That's Dissociative Identity Disorder, not Schizo.

MFauli
Fri, 12-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Not that it matters.

And the hidden nipples arenīt classy imo, because theyīre only hidden to us. All the people in this world are watching these girlsī bare boobs. Thereīs nothing classy.

ForteCross
Fri, 12-23-2016, 12:48 PM
This show was pretty good fun. It got ridiculous towards the end, but not unbearably so. The nipples can stay hidden. I like it classy like that. The problem with S2 is that they'll somehow have to make another 12 episodes out of this without continuing downwards.

That's Dissociative Identity Disorder, not Schizo.

from what i understood, after the anime aired the manga started to sell better and they toned down the fanservice

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-23-2016, 11:51 PM
Not that it matters.

And the hidden nipples arenīt classy imo, because theyīre only hidden to us. All the people in this world are watching these girlsī bare boobs. Thereīs nothing classy.

well of course no amount of tit-flashing is going to be classy. Keijo as a sport is not classy.

Keijo as an anime with hidden nipples is classier than others in its class because it plays down the ecchi aspect and doesn't try to make things entirely perverted like innumerable other shows (that flash tits).

Repeat: it's not about making Keijo-the-sport a respectable competitive sport like Judo. It's about keeping the nips hidden on screen so I don't feel like a degenerate hentai.

That's the fine line between funny and weird.

MFauli
Sat, 12-24-2016, 07:45 AM
1.) "Innumerable other shows"? The only mainstream-anime that shows boobs that I know of is that one where the hero drinks breast milk to activate his powers.

2.) I donīt think it makes sense what youīre saying. Not showing the nipples isnīt making this any less perverted, itīs just censoring nipples. Try showing this anime to a non-anime-fan and ask him what he thinks of it. I dont believe actual nipple depiction matters a lot here.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 12-24-2016, 08:23 AM
There are many non-hentai anime that show nips. There is one or two each season.

MFauli
Sat, 12-24-2016, 10:25 AM
I never noticed that and 1-2 per season isnt what id call "innumerable".

But letīs not argue over nipples today. Merry Christmas!

shinta|hikari
Sat, 12-24-2016, 10:28 AM
Well you said you only knew one, so I provided insight that there are many more than that.

ForteCross
Sat, 12-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Try showing this anime to a non-anime-fan and ask him what he thinks of it. I dont believe actual nipple depiction matters a lot here.
trying to show this anime to a non anime fan wont work, most of the techniques, effects, and whole story is actually parody/references of other animes from the genre

MFauli
Sat, 12-24-2016, 06:29 PM
I doubt it matters if you know those parodied anime. I didnīt know most of them, either, and it was still fun.