PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 751-Current

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-31-2016, 12:38 AM
Fillers are over. New arc starts here. So starting a new thread.

751 (https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=835626)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Not much to say about the episode. First half is just series recap. 2nd half, all they do is spot Zou. Neat that it's an elephant. Though "Island on the back of a giant animal" is hardly a new concept.

neflight86
Sun, 07-31-2016, 02:32 PM
A new One Piece arc is always exciting for me. Full of new possibilities. Look forward to how they scale the giant beast. Also, looks like just about every old school pirate had fruitful loins. Newgate's 'son' is a new warlord? I have to wonder how that tidbit would be relevant to this arc?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I'm kind of annoyed that there's new Warlords honestly. It feels like it undoes all the progress Luffy made working his way through them.

Hopefully, in the wake of the Doflamingo disaster, they'll at least stop appointing new ones.

Assertn
Wed, 08-03-2016, 03:08 AM
I'm kind of annoyed that there's new Warlords honestly. It feels like it undoes all the progress Luffy made working his way through them.

Hopefully, in the wake of the Doflamingo disaster, they'll at least stop appointing new ones.

Well, of the current roster, the only remaining ones that are of any possible threat to Luffy are Weevil and Kuma. The rest are either secretly allied with the strawhats in some way or simply useless.

Kraco
Thu, 08-04-2016, 04:26 PM

Who knows. It makes perfect sense a government would always quickly fill vacant slots. These guys aren't even really one of their own, they are just privateers fighting against other pirates. There must be many within the goverment who are happy no matter which side perishes, since a pirate dies in either case.

But yeah, Flamingo's case certainly should make them rethink a bit, tighten the leash.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-07-2016, 12:17 AM
752 (https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=837839)

I'm impressed. Buggy actually has a really good setup for himself. He thought up a way to use his army of guys that are secretly way stronger than him to real benefit.

neflight86
Mon, 08-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Yeah, good for Buggy. I liked how his henchmen didn't want to reveal why some of his big earning mercs left (strawhat). Also, Burgess just marked the Revolutionary Army's HQ for Blackbeard. Thats gonna be some fight in another 150 episodes! Can't wait.

Assertn
Mon, 08-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Yeah, good for Buggy. I liked how his henchmen didn't want to reveal why some of his big earning mercs left (strawhat). Also, Burgess just marked the Revolutionary Army's HQ for Blackbeard. Thats gonna be some fight in another 150 episodes! Can't wait.

The henchmen was Mohji, from Buggy's original crew. You can see how they're all fat and lazy now, since they have their own army doing their bidding.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Mohji?file=Buggy_Showing_Off_as_His_Crew_Feasts.pn g

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-09-2016, 04:56 AM
Well, they also have to actively avoid doing anything, or else people might realize how super-weak they are compared to their underlings.

I'm not super sure why Blackbeard would care about the Revolutionaries. The Revolutionaries goal is to overthrow the WG. Blackbeard wants to become King of the Pirates. Not really sure why those two groups would be enemies. If anything, the WG is also Blackbeard's enemy.

Kraco
Tue, 08-09-2016, 06:48 AM
The Revolutionary Army isn't really doing overly good job if that big muscle brained man managed, while being wounded to boot, sneak aboard one of their ships and stay hidden all the way to the HQ. He can't exactly hide in a barrel, unless it's a barrel for giants.

As for why Blackbeard would be interested, it's of course for the fruit powers and physical possessions the revolutonaries would have amassed. Blackbeard can steal powers, after all, and stealing riches is pirates' main job.

Assertn
Tue, 08-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Well, they also have to actively avoid doing anything, or else people might realize how super-weak they are compared to their underlings.

I'm not super sure why Blackbeard would care about the Revolutionaries. The Revolutionaries goal is to overthrow the WG. Blackbeard wants to become King of the Pirates. Not really sure why those two groups would be enemies. If anything, the WG is also Blackbeard's enemy.

Burgess did say that the revolutionaries have the stockpiles of weapons that were kept at Dressrosa, so that in itself might be good enough of a reason to attack.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Oh right. All that stuff.

Kraco
Sun, 08-21-2016, 11:46 AM
Episode 753

- - - - - - -

At first I thought that elephant island has a curse going on, turning all visitors into furries possessed by some ancient personality, trying to achieve a who knows what task left unfinished. But I dropped that idea. It doesn't seem plausible, not to mention it would feel like a repetition of Moria's island. Why one of them would be wearing Nami's clothes (or Nami's lack of clothes) is still a valid question.

The first 2/3 of the episode was a disgrace. Zoro and Law got that right. Maybe I should drop the show for a year if the pace is going to be like that.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Yeah, people seemed surprised in this episode about things they shouldn't have been.

"She jumped in mid-air?!"

Yeah...Sanji can do that.

"Animal people?!"

Yeah! Chopper is that!

Seriously, wtf is wrong with them?

I got all excited about the prospect of a ninja. Then I remember what series this was and realized it's just going to end up being goofy and not cool at all.

The first 2/3 of the episode was a disgrace. Zoro and Law got that right. Maybe I should drop the show for a year if the pace is going to be like that.Yeah, that was torture. But the joke with Zoro and Law almost made it pay off. It was also funny seeing rare display of emotion from Robin.

Assertn
Mon, 08-22-2016, 02:26 AM
"Animal people?!"

Yeah! Chopper is that!
Well, the animal people part is something weird that came up with Law's Bear, which sorta fell to the wayside until now. Chopper is a one-of-a-kind case in that he ate the Human fruit.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-22-2016, 05:37 AM
Well, the animal people part is something weird that came up with Law's Bear, which sorta fell to the wayside until now. Chopper is a one-of-a-kind case in that he ate the Human fruit.Except every other Zoan eater in the world in their middle form. How is a rabbit-girl and a (what is that, a fox?)-girl weird when you've met a man-deer, leopard-man, wolf-man, giraffe-man, falcon-man, mole-woman, etc.

Edit: I was just looking at the wiki entry for Zoans and didn't realize that in the last arc that the bee tontatta girl and the beetle tontatta guy were Zoan eaters. I thought they were just wearing bug outfits. :p

Assertn
Sun, 09-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Episode 755

----------------------------

I'm guessing everyone in here got KO'ed by the kawaii desu desu yiffing from this episode.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-05-2016, 05:09 AM
I was a bit confused as to why Carrot was biting Luffy's ear, but it was cute nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm SUPER glad that Jack failed in his attempt to free Donflamingo. But I'm guessing for the sake of the plot that he's going to limp back here after his defeat there.

neflight86
Tue, 09-13-2016, 12:13 AM
More intrigue. One piece is the only show I know of that can get away with so blatantly interrupting its own important plot revelation until the show thinks we're ready. It happened three times this episode alone, and each time was about as subtle as a train wreck.

Still, this is the most excited I've been about a One Piece arc since arriving in the New World. Fish man island, Punk Hazard, and Dressrosa didn't capture my attention like this.

Kraco
Tue, 09-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Episode 756

- - -- - - - -

Somehow it wasn't hard at all to guess why Brook had such a terrible time in that town. When they told they only eat the meat of animals without fur, I thought maybe they tried to eat Momonosuke when he was in his lizard form. But apparently they are just old enemies with the samurai country or something. In any case, it seems like a blessing now those two samurai were delayed. And delayed.

Still, what happened to Sanji when a bunch of furry ladies tried to rub themselves against him? He's already more than used to men getting real close to him, so there's nothing surprising for him there.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-14-2016, 06:37 AM
Yeah, this feels a bit deceptive. Them calling Brook a corpse was a good joke. But they were definitely acting like Sanji was dead, or at least they thought he was dead. Now he's just disappeared or something. Which shouldn't provoke the kind of reaction everyone is having.

Assertn
Wed, 09-14-2016, 06:03 PM
If it seems hella confusing like you missed several plot points along the way, don't worry, that's intentional. Forget the void era, this arc is all about the void two-weeks.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-02-2016, 04:59 PM

----

Ah, I get it now. They all have electricity powers because of the static electricity the build up cause of their fur. That's the kind of thing Oda would come up with.

Potential powerup for Chopper.

neflight86
Wed, 10-05-2016, 04:37 AM
My biggest cliffhanger right now is the continuation of how the sunny got away from Big Mam. That the story keeps getting interrupted by these other stories is brilliantly sadistic because Oda can just use whatever material he wants whenever he wants.

Kraco
Mon, 10-10-2016, 03:47 PM
Episode 759:

-- - -- - - - -

I thought 3 eps would already do something, but it got the plot forward very little. I'm sure this right hand of Kaido was supposed to be a huge mofo (I don't mean physically), but these eps did very little to give such an impression. Based on these he seems like a man Zoro would defeat in three seconds. But I guess there must be a lot more to him than is so far made evident. I just hope it won't take bloody 10 episodes of endless eight to get that far.

Maybe I should give this 6 eps.

neflight86
Mon, 10-17-2016, 02:50 AM
They build Jack in these flashbacks up to have him killed off on the way to help Flaminco. I must wonder who did him in?

neflight86
Mon, 10-31-2016, 05:30 AM

Now we're getting somewhere. Kinda sad the lion got gunned down; it seems a bit cheeky for a mere subordinate captain to do that to one of Big Mam's direct reports.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-06-2016, 03:06 AM

-------------

Okay, you got me Oda. I was not expecting Sanji to have a much more complex backstory this far into the series.

Assertn
Mon, 11-07-2016, 12:43 PM

-------------

Okay, you got me Oda. I was not expecting Sanji to have a much more complex backstory this far into the series.

And now you know why his name has 3 ("San") in it. He's the 3rd son of the Vinsmoke family.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Are his brothers named Ichji and Niji? :p

neflight86
Mon, 11-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Vinsmoke is new, right? I mean, I shouldn't remember that name from earlier in the series, just to be sure?

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-08-2016, 12:48 AM
First I remember hearing it. He was always just Sanji as far as I know.

Of course, Usopp, Nami and Brook don't have last names either yet as far as I know. Weird for Usopp given that we know his father.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-15-2016, 11:58 AM

------

Suddenly, this is turning into Enies Lobby II.

Seems to be a lot of that going on in the New World. Fishman Island was Arlong Park II...Dressrosa was Alabasta II...

Assertn
Fri, 11-18-2016, 12:01 PM

------

Suddenly, this is turning into Enies Lobby II.

Seems to be a lot of that going on in the New World. Fishman Island was Arlong Park II...Dressrosa was Alabasta II...

I always thought of Fishman island as Skypeia II, personally.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-18-2016, 12:12 PM
But...all the fishmen...

Assertn
Sat, 11-19-2016, 07:19 PM
But...all the fishmen...

Skypeia was about the mystery of a city floating thousands of miles above the surface, and figuring out a way to get there, as well as the epic journey along the way. Fishman island was about sailing thousands of miles below the surface, and the epic journey along the way. Both Skypeia and Fishman island had a sort of otherworldly vibe to them, and both were on the verge of a civil war that the strawhats unexpectedly found themselves in the middle of.

Kraco
Sun, 11-20-2016, 11:16 AM

- - - - - -

I gave this six episodes, and the story progressed enough to let me know why Sanji is missing. I nearly lost it when they randomly started to fight against the mosquitos.

I'm not saying this development wouldn't be interesting. Sanji's past would have been cooler with a bit more foreshadowing, like throwing that name around at some point a long time ago and having Sanji react, even if ever so slightly. It's not necessarily tactically bad to head over to Big Mom's territory if they know Kaido is coming after them. That would potentially throw Big Mom and Kaido against each other.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Holy shit! Sanji is Killua!

Skypeia was about the mystery of a city floating thousands of miles above the surface, and figuring out a way to get there, as well as the epic journey along the way. Fishman island was about sailing thousands of miles below the surface, and the epic journey along the way. Both Skypeia and Fishman island had a sort of otherworldly vibe to them, and both were on the verge of a civil war that the strawhats unexpectedly found themselves in the middle of.A. Fishman Island is not some strange mystery land that nobody knows how to get to. Everyone knows where it is, and how to get to it if they want to. The only connecting theme between the two arcs is one has them going up, and the other has them going down.

B. EVERY island they visit is on the verge of a civil war that the Strawhats unexpectedly find themselves in the middle of.

Assertn
Mon, 11-21-2016, 01:43 PM
The mosquitoes part didn't even fit in... like at all. It was completely out of place. I'd like to imagine even as a kid, I would've watched that part and been like, "I just saw Luffy defeat another schichibukai, is this supposed to be entertaining to me?"

Also, despite One Piece having an amazing soundtrack, I'm yet to be moved by any song by Brooke, ever. I feel like the studio really dropped the ball on him as a whole. Now he just sings to fill dead space.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-27-2016, 08:41 PM

---

Is Pandaman part of the Heart Pirates? Or was that just another one of his cameos?

I love that Cat Viper is just Garfield.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-04-2016, 01:33 AM

---

I was not expecting that twist. It was great. The Minks are freaking awesome.

The look on Luffy's face is amazing too. He so rarely seems to give a shit about what other people do. But he seems to love this.

Assertn
Sun, 12-04-2016, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty happy with the pacing of this episode. They built it up well

neflight86
Wed, 12-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Thats how its done! Well placed misdirection led up to a satisfying twist that validates the slow pacing these last 10 episodes, or so.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-11-2016, 09:13 PM

---

I knew it. I knew Oda wouldn't let the ninja be cool...

Assertn
Tue, 12-13-2016, 12:09 PM

---

I knew it. I knew Oda wouldn't let the ninja be cool...

Oda is the plot twist champ!

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-13-2016, 01:39 PM
Oda is the plot twist champ!It wasn't even remotely a plot twist! I predicted it (https://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/23665-One-Piece-751-Current?p=557904&viewfull=1#post557904) back in October when they first mentioned there was going to be a ninja!

Oda makes shit that should be lame, cool. And shit that should be cool, lame.

It's literally just the exact same joke they did with Kanjuro. Where they build him up to be a badass, and then when you see him, he's a total doofus.

Assertn
Tue, 12-13-2016, 05:54 PM
It wasn't even remotely a plot twist! I predicted it (https://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/23665-One-Piece-751-Current?p=557904&viewfull=1#post557904) back in October when they first mentioned there was going to be a ninja!

Oda makes shit that should be lame, cool. And shit that should be cool, lame.

It's literally just the exact same joke they did with Kanjuro. Where they build him up to be a badass, and then when you see him, he's a total doofus.

Well yeah, you can't have a ninja steal the show in a pirate story, man.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-13-2016, 10:53 PM
Well yeah, you can't have a ninja steal the show in a pirate story, man.You can if you put him on the crew! Then he's a NinjaPirate!

Luffy still needs a Lookout and a Helmsman.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-25-2016, 05:51 AM

---

Oh yeah. This is all coming together. We need 4 map pieces to get to Raftel. Kaido and Big Mam have 2 of the pieces. We gotta go fight Big Mam to save Sanji. We gotta go fight Kaido to free Wano. And Luffy wants to fight them both anyway cause he thinks he has to beat all 4 Emperors before becoming King.

I'm not sure why Nami said Choppper was wrong though. If Raftel is located between the four points indicated by the Red Poneglphs, then you should be able to pinpoint the location with 3 of them easily.

Assertn
Sun, 12-25-2016, 03:40 PM

---

Oh yeah. This is all coming together. We need 4 map pieces to get to Raftel. Kaido and Big Mam have 2 of the pieces. We gotta go fight Big Mam to save Sanji. We gotta go fight Kaido to free Wano. And Luffy wants to fight them both anyway cause he thinks he has to beat all 4 Emperors before becoming King.

I'm not sure why Nami said Choppper was wrong though. If Raftel is located between the four points indicated by the Red Poneglphs, then you should be able to pinpoint the location with 3 of them easily.

Haha... pretty much, yeah. But you can't make a badass pirate X-marks-the-spot with only 3 corners now, can you?

Edit: okay, so I thought about this a bit more. Triangulating isnt the same as marking a location using 4 points. With triangulating, you calculate a 4th point given what you know about the distance or angle of it from three points. In this case, the target is a 5th point where two lines intersect. If you only knew 3 points, then you would have a line that wraps around the globe, and an extra point that tells you nothing. Of course, this is assuming you know which 2 of the 3 points need to pair up. Worst case scenario, you'd have to traverse three possible paths around the planet in order to stumble onto Raftel (or Raftel could change locations like Zou, in which you're fucked.)

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-25-2016, 08:51 PM
That's true. The visual image gives the impression that the 4 points are equidistant from each other, but that's not necessarily the case. If the 4 points form a weird trapezoid instead of a square, then you'd need all 4 to know where the centerpoint is.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-21-2017, 10:38 PM

---

Hmm, more of Luffy's unexplained ability to understand animals. I wonder if it's related to his Conqueror's Haki.

This is also some straight up JRPG shit, where Luffy is switching out all his current party members with all the ones he left behind last time. Can't let them fall behind on XP!

Assertn
Thu, 01-26-2017, 03:23 AM

---

Hmm, more of Luffy's unexplained ability to understand animals. I wonder if it's related to his Conqueror's Haki.

This is also some straight up JRPG shit, where Luffy is switching out all his current party members with all the ones he left behind last time. Can't let them fall behind on XP!

Of course, figures one of the party members you left out previously is now unavailable

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Of course, figures one of the party members you left out previously is now unavailableYeah, but he's also the focus of the next part, so he's going to be plenty involved.

Kraco
Sun, 01-29-2017, 07:29 AM

- - - - -

Actually it seems like the next part is a filler, or at least my filler senses are very much telling me so. Looks like I chose quite a good spot to marathon a few months of eps when the run ended with the last canon episode. That being said, amazingly little happened in nine whole episodes. The history of the inscription stones revealed was more or less the only worthwhile part. Otherwise these fellows act as if they had all the time in the world.

Assertn
Sun, 01-29-2017, 01:49 PM
The Zunisha stuff was cool, though. Maybe its a super weapon controllable by momonosuke kinda like shirahoshi with the sea kings.

Kraco
Sun, 01-29-2017, 02:56 PM
The Zunisha stuff was cool, though. Maybe its a super weapon controllable by momonosuke kinda like shirahoshi with the sea kings.

Yeah, it wasn't bad as such. I was just annoyed by the stretched presentation. When you watch a whole episode of the villains bombarding the leg of the poor elephant and the heroes are just rolling their eyes and asking stupid questions, it rubs me the wrong way.

Assertn
Sun, 01-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Yeah, it wasn't bad as such. I was just annoyed by the stretched presentation. When you watch a whole episode of the villains bombarding the leg of the poor elephant and the heroes are just rolling their eyes and asking stupid questions, it rubs me the wrong way.

Oh for sure. As I was watching it, I was thinking. "Filler. Filler never changes."

And, hey, next episode we get to watch the strawhats make soup and bandages for the elephant. That outta be exciting! ...right?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-12-2017, 12:45 AM

---

Yay! New Clima Tact! And extra sexually suggestive too!

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-18-2017, 11:19 PM

---

Hah! I'm glad Carrot stowed away. She's a super cutie.

I won't lie, I'd like to see her join the crew. The Strawhats still need a lookout, and she'd be awesome at it. She can jump up, like, a mile, and she eats a lot of carrots, so you know she's got super eyesight.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 02-25-2017, 11:57 PM

---

Seriously! So goddamn cute!!

All the flashbacks are starting to get tiresome...

Assertn
Sun, 02-26-2017, 11:31 AM

---

Seriously! So goddamn cute!!

All the flashbacks are starting to get tiresome...

At least they finally addressed what happened to Wapol.

Interesting tidbit: The "wapometal" the scientists discovered in Wapol's toys is the same metal Franky used to make his transformer suit thing.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-26-2017, 12:05 PM
I know Wapol had one of those cover stories that showed him becoming a toy maker. But I feel like the anime added the whole, becoming and Evil King again thing because we're going to see him in some awful filler arc...

Edit: Nevermind, checked his wiki and I guess that part is canon too.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-05-2017, 01:39 AM

---

Oh damn! Kid! One of my new Emperor picks got beaten!

I wonder if there's an explanation as to why Jack is still alive, or if we're just supposed to believe he's such a badass he can hold his breath indefinitely.

Looks like filler next week.

Assertn
Sun, 03-05-2017, 05:53 AM

---

Oh damn! Kid! One of my new Emperor picks got beaten!

I wonder if there's an explanation as to why Jack is still alive, or if we're just supposed to believe he's such a badass he can hold his breath indefinitely.

Looks like filler next week.

Yep, if it involves some random troubled kid or a remote marine outpost, it's almost always filler.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-09-2017, 03:53 AM

---

Back to canon.

Uh oh, Sanji's betrothed is a cutie.

Kraco
Sun, 04-09-2017, 08:42 AM
I felt like I was missing something, jumping straight from 774 to 783. Looking at a canon/filler list at some random site, there seemed to be canon eps in the middle. That explains it.

Edit: As expected, nothing much happened in those eps. Kaido was made to look quite pitiful, Jack is successfully breathing water, as if he was a fishman. I guess he's an elephant fish or something. After how big a deal the danger of drowning has been made in all of the encounters with the fishmen, there's no chance he would simply be holding his breath for days.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-10-2017, 03:08 AM
Kaido was made to look quite pitifulI wouldn't say pitiful so much as having his "wacky" personality quirk introduced. Which seems to be that drinking gives him ridiculous mood swings.

Kraco
Mon, 04-10-2017, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't say pitiful so much as having his "wacky" personality quirk introduced. Which seems to be that drinking gives him ridiculous mood swings.

I don't know. We saw Big Mom basically governing a whole empire with its own unique culture, style, and society, with an apparently vast and solid multi-level hierarchy. Or at least that's how it seemed to me. Kaido, however, was sitting, drinking, and whining in some barren cave, with a few medieval looking weak underlings. I guess pirates don't actually require palaces, but the contrast was a bit much.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-10-2017, 11:44 PM
I mean, he's like a barbarian. And we know his underlings aren't weak, because Jack is just one if his Lts.

Assertn
Tue, 04-11-2017, 01:28 AM
Taking a 9 week break from One Piece is so jarring. I barely even remember where they left off.

Assertn
Tue, 04-18-2017, 02:53 PM
So... kinda surprised nobody had anything to say yet about the encounter at the end of this last episode...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-19-2017, 10:04 PM
I mean, there's only the 3 of us in this thread(seriously, why do we still have a forum for this?).

Not much to say really. Sanji's family is a bunch of Zoldycks. But we kinda already knew that.

I do like that they all have his eyebrows.

Kraco
Mon, 04-24-2017, 04:24 PM

- - - - -

The sister was beautiful, at least. Where does their technology come from, though? I thought Vegapunk was the technology guru, and he's working for the World government. That technology is kind of interesting in the sense that it's a great weakness in the OP world. Remove it and those who relied on it will be nothing. Sanji needs nothing extra to kick major ass, including moving in the air. But I suppose it would instantly upgrade the basic grunts to be peerless among other grunts who have nothing. The higher echelons, however, would be better off training like crazy or obtaining fruits.

Assertn
Mon, 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM

- - - - -

The sister was beautiful, at least. Where does their technology come from, though? I thought Vegapunk was the technology guru, and he's working for the World government. That technology is kind of interesting in the sense that it's a great weakness in the OP world. Remove it and those who relied on it will be nothing. Sanji needs nothing extra to kick major ass, including moving in the air. But I suppose it would instantly upgrade the basic grunts to be peerless among other grunts who have nothing. The higher echelons, however, would be better off training like crazy or obtaining fruits.

The ending scene in this ep made me realize something. When's the last time we've seen chopper in his reindeer form? I would think if him and Luffy were in such a rush to get to town, he'd use the form that's more natural (and faster) than his stubby midget form, ya? Back in Alabasta, Chopper spent most of his walking time in his reindeer form. This seems to be just another case of Oda pandering to the fanservice!

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Franky needs to get his hands on that tech because he could totally use flying boots installed in his body.

The ending scene in this ep made me realize something. When's the last time we've seen chopper in his reindeer form? I would think if him and Luffy were in such a rush to get to town, he'd use the form that's more natural (and faster) than his stubby midget form, ya?Not to mention, it's also a form that's not on his wanted poster and, thus, less likely to draw attention.

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 04-25-2017, 02:56 PM
I mean, there's only the 3 of us in this thread(seriously, why do we still have a forum for this?).

Not much to say really. Sanji's family is a bunch of Zoldycks. But we kinda already knew that.

I do like that they all have his eyebrows.

Come on now, I want a few people to become more active in the Manga forum. The cake has hit the fan.

Honestly though, I think these forums died with Naruto. Even I stopped lurking once Naruto died.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-26-2017, 12:52 AM
I'm not saying we can't still discuss the show and the manga, I'm just saying there's no reason we can't do that in a single thread in the anime and manga forums. There are plenty of threads in those forums that are way more active than these entire subforums. These shows just don't warrant their own forum anymore.

If anything, I think making threads in the main forums might actually INCREASE discussion on these shows, since I think people forget these subforums are even here.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-30-2017, 02:03 PM

---

Well, that was quite the introduction.

Assertn
Mon, 05-01-2017, 02:51 AM

---

Well, that was quite the introduction.

Ahaha that was great. More dramatic than I remember it being in the manga. I love how they just steal all the best ingredients from other islands to make a wedding cake with.

Come on now, I want a few people to become more active in the Manga forum.
To be honest, my manga routine is: Look up newest chapter on reddit. Read the chapter. Read the comments on reddit regarding the chapter. By that point, everything there is to talk about regarding the chapter has been exhausted for me.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-01-2017, 06:37 AM
I just realized also that Big Mom's ship is also apparently a systematic thing for her. i.e. something is bringing inanimate objects to life but all they can say is what they are. Her ship, the door, the flying carpet, and various other things.

I assume it's somebody's fruit power.

Assertn
Tue, 05-02-2017, 02:50 AM
I just realized also that Big Mom's ship is also apparently a systematic thing for her. i.e. something is bringing inanimate objects to life but all they can say is what they are. Her ship, the door, the flying carpet, and various other things.

I assume it's somebody's fruit power.

Gekko Moria's been bringing objects to life since before it was cool.

Kraco
Sun, 05-07-2017, 04:25 PM

A good point. I didn't stop to think about it, the whole place seems so psychedelic, but obviously there has to be some mechanism behind it.

787:

Damn, Sanji should marry this girl no matter what, assuming she's not just an Oscar worthy actress. Where on Earth would he find a better wife?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-10-2017, 05:02 PM
A good point. I didn't stop to think about it, the whole place seems so psychedelic, but obviously there has to be some mechanism behind it.Indeed. It's definitely a thing where One Piece is so weird all the time that I forget sometimes when something weird happens that it's actually weird.

Like when they first introduced her ship and it talked, I never even thought about it. It wasn't until lots of other things started showing up talking that I realized that it must be some kind of thing going on.

Assertn
Thu, 05-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Indeed. It's definitely a thing where One Piece is so weird all the time that I forget sometimes when something weird happens that it's actually weird.

Like when they first introduced her ship and it talked, I never even thought about it. It wasn't until lots of other things started showing up talking that I realized that it must be some kind of thing going on.

I think at the time, I just assumed it was some bullshit like how they established inanimate objects could become living things by feeding them zoan fruits (like back in Alabasta where they had a gun that ate a dog fruit and became a dog-gun thing.)

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-14-2017, 12:39 AM

---

See! Carrot makes a good lookout! And the Strawhats need a lookout!

She's also such a go-getter.

Kraco
Sun, 05-14-2017, 10:46 AM
It would be awesome if she joined the crew. Although Luffy might lose the crown of the most stupid Straw hat if she did. Would Nami's poor head survive yet another fool to look after and keep in check?

Assertn
Sun, 05-14-2017, 09:11 PM
It would be awesome if she joined the crew. Although Luffy might lose the crown of the most stupid Straw hat if she did. Would Nami's poor head survive yet another fool to look after and keep in check?

I dunno, she has that cute and quirky but somewhat generic supporting character kinda vibe, like Vivi, Shirahoshi, the girls from Dressrosa, etc.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-15-2017, 07:26 AM
Yeah, but unlike those others, she MIGHT be a badass fighter. Between that, and having a skill the crew actually is lacking, she feels more like Paulie than anything.

Also, animal girl services a particular anime fan market.

Currently, the Strawhats are missing two big stereotypical ship roles. Lookout, and helmsman. Carrot would be good with her carrot fueled eyesight and ability to jump a mile into the air(although Violet would have been even better). My hope is that Jinbei turns out to be a skilled helmsman. What with him being a fishman, he might have natural knowledge of how to navigate currents and such.

Assertn
Mon, 05-15-2017, 10:15 AM
Currently, the Strawhats are missing two big stereotypical ship roles. Lookout, and helmsman. Carrot would be good with her carrot fueled eyesight and ability to jump a mile into the air(although Violet would have been even better). My hope is that Jinbei turns out to be a skilled helmsman. What with him being a fishman, he might have natural knowledge of how to navigate currents and such.
I think I'll take Jinbei over Carrot, lol.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Jinbei being in the crew. He's the perfect complement to a team of DF users, since he can save everyone if they are drowning, and his ability to manipulate water can nullify a lot of DF enemies.

Kraco
Mon, 05-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Jinbei would of course be perfect technically, but I wonder if he would fit in. The Straw hats are a weird crew, with each member having their own dream and own ambitions, yet those don't clash at all with the other members' goals. That's why they can function despite having such a irresponsible captain (who doesn't really behave like a captain at all). It's like Luffy always says: They are all his friends. They aren't really his underlings. They are basically just a bunch of buddies sailing around, not a crew following the orders of the captain. Jinbei would also need to be like that: To have something only he wants to do, yet it should still remain compatible with what the others are aiming for.

It seems to me Carrot would pose no problems, she's so brainless and only wanting to do whatever small she wants to do. We have already seen Law is not compatible at all, would Jinbei be different?

Assertn
Mon, 05-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Jinbei would of course be perfect technically, but I wonder if he would fit in. The Straw hats are a weird crew, with each member having their own dream and own ambitions, yet those don't clash at all with the other members' goals. That's why they can function despite having such a irresponsible captain (who doesn't really behave like a captain at all). It's like Luffy always says: They are all his friends. They aren't really his underlings. They are basically just a bunch of buddies sailing around, not a crew following the orders of the captain. Jinbei would also need to be like that: To have something only he wants to do, yet it should still remain compatible with what the others are aiming for.

It seems to me Carrot would pose no problems, she's so brainless and only wanting to do whatever small she wants to do. We have already seen Law is not compatible at all, would Jinbei be different?

Well, Franky is already kinda like that, isn't he? His dream was to make a ship that would be sailed by the pirate king. He already made the ship, now he's just helping Luffy become the pirate king. Ace's wish was for Jinbe to protect Luffy, so this could be Jinbe's motivation. Plus, Jinbe already said that he would want to join the Strawhats once he settles whatever loose ends are holding him back.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-15-2017, 10:29 PM
I think I'll take Jinbei over Carrot, lol.Sure, but I was saying they should get both.

Luffy said he wants 10 crew. The chapter where Brook joins is called "The Eighth" so obviously it doesn't count Luffy himself. Which means Luffy has 2 slots left.

Kraco
Tue, 05-16-2017, 02:47 AM
Well, Franky is already kinda like that, isn't he? His dream was to make a ship that would be sailed by the pirate king. He already made the ship, now he's just helping Luffy become the pirate king.

Franky is like the perfect honourable businessman: He didn't simply sell a ship as it is, he guarantees it's going to work with no faults by coming along and maintaining it all the time.

To be honest I'd be annoyed if Jinbei joined and his only motivation was to protect Luffy. Whatever chiefly motivates the individual crew members, it shouldn't be another crew member. So, if Jinbei does join, I really hope he has something external he needs to do, and he could do it best as a member of Luffy's crew. Just like all the others.

Kraco
Sun, 05-21-2017, 01:24 PM
789:

- - -- - -

Big Mama sure leaves a strong impression in just a few eps of appearance. Although it's not a very good impression. She even managed to kill her own son... Somehow I don't see her as an overly easy person to negotiate with. I wonder if this is a full arc ending with Luffy beating the living daylights out of Big Mama, practically removing one Emperor, or perhaps this is kind of a mini-arc that only gets Sanji back but doesn't yet concentrate so much on fighting the Emperors. In the end the battle against the beast Emperor has already started, on the elephant, and it seems unlikely half of the crew would beat one Emperor, the other half another.

Assertn
Sun, 05-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Well, it took Luffy everything he had to defeat Doflamingo, and Doflamingo is definitely not crazy enough to directly oppose a yonkou. However, unless Oda has another time skip in store, Luffy has to reach that point sometime soon, considering he's running out of schichibukai to fight.

At this point I'm expecting one more big power spike from Luffy, that "awakening" thing that Doflamingo and the gaol guards had achieved.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-22-2017, 07:12 AM
Jinbei!!

My expectation is...Luffy will take back Sanji without having a showdown with Mom, and then they head to Zou.

The Strawhat Alliance starts having is giant-ass war with Kaido on Zou, which Mom shows up in the middle of with her own army.

After a huge 3-way battle rivaling the Paramount War, Big Mom and Kaido are defeated, and Law and Kid take their places as Emperors.

In a future arc, the Strawhat Pirates and the Red Hair Pirates face off and Luffy becomes an Emperor after defeating Shanks.

neflight86
Tue, 05-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Shanks has already been kind of set up as the ultimate sacrifice to fuel Luffy's battle against Blackbeard, who is, as far as I can tell, the actual final boss of the series.

A good twist would be for Jimbei to not actually be able to join the Strawhats crew and get offed here by big mom, cementing Luffy's declaration of war on her from 100+ episodes ago. I also wouldn't be surprised to hear something like "Big mom was the weakest of the four emperors; thats why she waited for Whitebeard to die before vulturing his claims, and was courting Sanji's family." after Luffy beats her. Also, a hammerhead fishman daughter? Mom sure gets around...

Kraco
Tue, 05-30-2017, 11:06 AM
790:

I don't get why Jinbei would agree to this stupid game. He's a fricking pirate, not a feudal vassal or some knight in a shining armour. Just tell Big Mom to screw herself. If he joins Luffy's crew, he'll be automatically Big Mom's enemy, so why bother with inane theatrics just prior to it? Some people have too much honour for their own or anybody's benefit. For crying out loud, he just stopped Big Mom from destroying her own base, and now he's supposed to lose a leg or something if he wants to quit? He should be the one making Big Mom play her own fricking game.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-30-2017, 11:10 AM
I also wouldn't be surprised to hear something like "Big mom was the weakest of the four emperors; thats why she waited for Whitebeard to die before vulturing his claims, and was courting Sanji's family." after Luffy beats her.Well, her power seems to be sucking the life out of people. And from the way the other characters talked, her power only worked on her son after he showed fear. Which means her power ain't gonna do shit to Luffy.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-03-2017, 11:06 PM

---

I'm already tired of this arc.

I can only watch them spend so many entire episodes eating candy...

Still, Luffy's "Look at us." response to Nami freaking out over talking animals was priceless.

Sanji eating a lollipop gave me a horrible 4Kids flashback...

Assertn
Sun, 06-04-2017, 11:33 AM

---

I'm already tired of this arc.

I can only watch them spend so many entire episodes eating candy...

Still, Luffy's "Look at us." response to Nami freaking out over talking animals was priceless.

Sanji eating a lollipop gave me a horrible 4Kids flashback...

Good ol' Luffy. Encounter a mirror image of yourself? Just try to hit harder. It would seem the obvious solution to get past it would be to just use the terrain in some way, since it's not mirrored.

Kraco
Sun, 06-04-2017, 03:45 PM

The only few good seconds of the episode. Otherwise this was painful to watch, and I had to skip parts of it.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-04-2017, 09:28 PM
Good ol' Luffy. Encounter a mirror image of yourself? Just try to hit harder. It would seem the obvious solution to get past it would be to just use the terrain in some way, since it's not mirrored.Or have ANY of your teammates hit him instead of you.

neflight86
Mon, 07-03-2017, 11:22 PM
I'm getting tired of Luffy being too dumb to endorse for Pirate King. Him immediately recognizing his (fake) Nakama would have been a fine opportunity to reinforce the 'special stuff' he is made of that makes him suitable to achieve the highest position on the totem pole, but instead we get him asking why his crew multiplied as the captives sit in front of him hissing; making him just plain 'special'.

Also kinda gruff to see Sanji lose to the old man he looks to easily outclass already because of a human shield.

The best part of these last few episodes is Big Mom's conversation with Ceasar and the disappearance of Jinbei.

I've said it before, but I am most interested in villains who's endgame I cannot see. Is Mom a philanthropist? A dis-associative psychopath? What is she trying to accomplish with the gigantification drug? What does she mean by having everyone 'sit at the same table together'? It doesn't sound like an entirely evil plan at face value... so I'm curious to see what the devious subtext is here. And slow-clap for Ceasar to have the (ig)noble gaseous balls to defraud an emperor of research money for booze and women.

Jimbei. I don't even know where to start with my speculation on you, but I don't feel like he's going to get to be the Strawhat's Helmsman...

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-04-2017, 02:32 AM
I feel like...with the exception of his father, Sanji is too harsh on the rest of his family.

I mean, yeah, his siblings picked on him. When he was, like, 5. He hasn't really spoken to them since then, so it's hard to tell if they're all still the same assholes they were as little kids even.

His dad almost feels like a false antagonist. I feel like, at some moment when their dad displays weakness, one of the siblings is going to take him out and take over.

neflight86
Tue, 07-04-2017, 04:04 PM
Yeah, he does appear almost suspiciously irredeemable for little good reason...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 08-03-2017, 02:05 PM

---

Okay, so Big Mom's fruit power is pretty brutal, and explains all the talking shit.

I hope Luffy totally Bluenoes Cracker.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-20-2017, 03:04 PM

---

Oh dip, the Germa 66 are Genome Soldiers!

Okay, so knowing that the Germa 66 clones people now, and Sanji and his brothers are all named after numbers, am I expected to be shocked when they reveal Sanji is a clone eventually? Because I'm not gonna be.

I'm curious who they're all clones of though. They don't look like their dad. But their sister is the eldest, so if one of them is the "real" one, I assume she's it. Unless all 5 of them are cloned from someone else entirely.

Assertn
Mon, 08-21-2017, 02:31 AM

---

Oh dip, the Germa 66 are Genome Soldiers!

Okay, so knowing that the Germa 66 clones people now, and Sanji and his brothers are all named after numbers, am I expected to be shocked when they reveal Sanji is a clone eventually? Because I'm not gonna be.

I'm curious who they're all clones of though. They don't look like their dad. But their sister is the eldest, so if one of them is the "real" one, I assume she's it. Unless all 5 of them are cloned from someone else entirely.

So Vegapunk has a history with both Ceasar and Judge. It would be nice to get a full synopsis on that dude's history, since it's been nothing but bits and pieces over the past 10 or so years since he was first referenced.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-21-2017, 04:43 AM
Well I'm sure at some point he's going to become and big part of the show itself.

This particular episode is also the first time they hint that Vegapunk might not be WILLINGLY working for the World Government. He seems to make pretty much ALL of the WG's tech, but it might just be because that's the only way he'd be allowed to continue sciencing.

Assertn
Mon, 08-21-2017, 08:11 PM
Well I'm sure at some point he's going to become and big part of the show itself.

This particular episode is also the first time they hint that Vegapunk might not be WILLINGLY working for the World Government. He seems to make pretty much ALL of the WG's tech, but it might just be because that's the only way he'd be allowed to continue sciencing.

Vegapunk seems to be concerned about ethics, at least, considering he used to be frequently opposed to Ceasar's research. I doubt he would support Judge's use of their genetics research to build a clone army. It could be similar to Nico Robin's family, where the WG has a lockdown on free-flowing independent thought, and this forced Vegapunk to begin his career in science as a rogue.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 08-22-2017, 05:02 AM
On the other hand, he IS responsible for completely Kuma's cyborg conversion and removing his free thought.

Now, again, he might not have done it willingly, but his concern with ethics only seems to get him so far if that's the case.

Assertn
Tue, 08-22-2017, 09:23 AM
On the other hand, he IS responsible for completely Kuma's cyborg conversion and removing his free thought.

Now, again, he might not have done it willingly, but his concern with ethics only seems to get him so far if that's the case.

Kuma strangely seemed to be cool with it. Honestly, though, the whole thing with Kuma was strange, and it was never really clear why he even allowed the WG to cyborgify him in the first place, considering he was a pirate and rebel spy. I'm sure the WG has also made Vegapunk do plenty of things he didn't necessarily want to do. Most intelligent people seem to notice that the WG isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-18-2017, 02:19 PM

---

Every time it cuts back to them in that fucking forest I want to cut myself.

I JUST want to watch Sanji's plotline!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-05-2017, 02:49 PM

---

Quite the two-part episode.

I mean, fuck the first half for just being a clip show, but that second half. Nothing generates feels like Luffy fighting one of his own crew.

neflight86
Tue, 10-10-2017, 04:39 PM
He better not get that tooth back!

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-11-2017, 06:52 PM
He better not get that tooth back!Oh he'll get it back!

https://www.draculafangs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/YoHoHo3.jpg

Assertn
Sun, 10-15-2017, 11:39 PM
Pretty much every member of the crew has had their dramatic "is this the end?" moment so far, except for Franky, Chopper, and Brooke. Though maybe you can count the part where Franky kept rejecting until Robin grabbed him by the balls?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-19-2017, 05:04 AM
I wonder if Luffy's weird metabolism is a side effect of the Gum Gum fruit, something else entirely, or just meant to be a gag.

It's not the first time he's stuffed himself to balloon size like that and then quickly shrunk back down. I remember way back on Loguetown he filled himself up, then work up in the middle of the night to piss, and when he finished pissing, he was back down to his normal size.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-29-2017, 03:40 PM

---

I realize that battle was mostly set up for Nami to shine in, but why the hell wouldn't Luffy use his Conqueror's Haki on that army?

Assertn
Fri, 11-10-2017, 01:50 PM

---

I realize that battle was mostly set up for Nami to shine in, but why the hell wouldn't Luffy use his Conqueror's Haki on that army?

Has Luffy demonstrated that he can trigger that at will now? I don't remember.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-11-2017, 06:48 AM
Has Luffy demonstrated that he can trigger that at will now? I don't remember.Definitely. He used it the second time they were on Sabaody to deal with an army of scrubs. He wasn't even under pressure or anything, he just didn't want to deal with them.

I assume Rayleigh taught him to use it properly along with all the other Haki types.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-19-2017, 08:30 PM

---

I think this is the first time I've seen Brook do something badass since the timeskip.

He's displayed other neat little new abilities, but nothing awesome up till now.

Assertn
Mon, 11-20-2017, 04:09 PM

---

I think this is the first time I've seen Brook do something badass since the timeskip.

He's displayed other neat little new abilities, but nothing awesome up till now.

More or less same for Nami this arc.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-20-2017, 11:58 PM
I feel like the situation is tailored to make Nami seem powerful though rather than have her actually do anything badass.

All she's doing is waving a piece of paper around and making a lot of rain. Which is very effective in these particular situations, but not in general.

Whereas Brook guitaring up a giant lightning grim reaper(which, granted, hasn't done anything yet) is metal as fuuuuuck.

neflight86
Tue, 12-05-2017, 08:45 AM
I feel it would be easier for Luffy to chew his arms off than to tear them, being rubber and all.

I suspect the marriage will fall through and there will be a war between Big Mom and Germa; its the only chaos where I can see the straw hats having a chance to win/escape at this point.

Also, props to Brook for his righteous defiance.

Assertn
Sun, 12-10-2017, 11:21 AM
I feel it would be easier for Luffy to chew his arms off than to tear them, being rubber and all.

I suspect the marriage will fall through and there will be a war between Big Mom and Germa; its the only chaos where I can see the straw hats having a chance to win/escape at this point.

Also, props to Brook for his righteous defiance.

Goddamn the Luffy scenes. The sound effects.... ::shudder::

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-12-2017, 05:20 PM

---

Okay, that heel turn genuinely surprised me, but Pudding being evil DRASTICALLY simplifies the plot of this arc.

I'm curious if Big Mom's power will even work on Brook. Does he even HAVE years of life to take?

Assertn
Tue, 12-12-2017, 05:32 PM

---

Okay, that heel turn genuinely surprised me, but Pudding being evil DRASTICALLY simplifies the plot of this arc.

I'm curious if Big Mom's power will even work on Brook. Does he even HAVE years of life to take?

Well, it does take souls. Maybe Brooke has infinite years for Big Mom to farm?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Also, is that fancy gold lighter of Sanji's new? The framing is making it seem important, but I don't remember him having it before this arc.

Assertn
Wed, 12-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Also, is that fancy gold lighter of Sanji's new? The framing is making it seem important, but I don't remember him having it before this arc.

I think that's part of the benefits package of being a prince in a royal family.

neflight86
Thu, 12-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Pudding being evil is a bit disappointingly convenient, but she had me totally fooled.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-02-2018, 03:27 AM
All I can think of every time Carrot calls Chopper "choniki"...

https://r.mprd.se/fup/up/53469-Chou-Aniki_-_Kyuukyoku_Muteki_Ginga_Saikyou_Otoko_(Japan)-1490274106.png

neflight86
Wed, 02-07-2018, 10:07 AM
Time for guesses as to who the mysterious third party is. My first guess is a cypher pole unit ... 0 being the only one left with any threat potential. Otherwise, perhaps it is the Capone-like pirates trying to take over their adopted family? He is from the "worst" generation after all, and jimbei hadn't cleared him executing pekoms before he turned traitor.

Good on Brook for copying the glyph, and I'm disappointed Germa really we're being taken for a ride. I half expected them to also be planning a double cross...

Assertn
Mon, 02-12-2018, 01:36 AM
Time for guesses as to who the mysterious third party is. My first guess is a cypher pole unit ... 0 being the only one left with any threat potential. Otherwise, perhaps it is the Capone-like pirates trying to take over their adopted family? He is from the "worst" generation after all, and jimbei hadn't cleared him executing pekoms before he turned traitor.

Good on Brook for copying the glyph, and I'm disappointed Germa really we're being taken for a ride. I half expected them to also be planning a double cross...

Judge thinks like a scientist and like royalty. He doesn't think like a pirate.

Man, that music they played in this episode was good. I swear I heard the one they played near the end once before, though. The song when light was shining down through the clouds. It drives me nuts trying to remember the scene, though, I just remember it being something epic.

Ok, so the part that was messing with my head is the part that starts at 21:50, though it just now dawned on me. I kept thinking it was from some scene with some crazy advanced tech and an awesome projectile attack of some sort, but couldn't think of which arc would have that, then I realized... I was fuckin thinking of this: https://youtu.be/dK4FhqRIaOA?t=1m42s

Tell me that it doesn't sound like the same song. Seriously had me stumped for like half a day.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-19-2018, 08:53 AM

---

Well, Bege has lofty goals indeed. That meeting looks so interesting! I can't wait!

I didn't mention it last week, but I really loved Sanji getting his own little Arlong Park moment. I half expected Luffy to put his hat on him.

Assertn
Mon, 02-19-2018, 12:30 PM

---

Well, Bege has lofty goals indeed. That meeting looks so interesting! I can't wait!

I didn't mention it last week, but I really loved Sanji getting his own little Arlong Park moment. I half expected Luffy to put his hat on him.

Now I want to see Luffy put his hat on Franky as he bawls his eyes out.

neflight86
Tue, 02-20-2018, 02:21 AM
I guess we can file Beige under the "mad dog" category of characters if he both has a plan to kill Big Mam and thinks he will get away with it. Also, it looks like he married Lola's twin sister, because there's no way Big Mam would tolerate her (Lola) coming home like that.

So Bege is just an all around bad-dude, and that has been assured to us in a flashback montage, to boot. What a mess this alliance shall be!

Also, I know it was episodes ago, but I forgot to mention that I thought it was wierd and wierdly cute that Bege's infant child also had the mustache stubble on his upper lip.

Assertn
Tue, 02-20-2018, 04:04 PM
Also, I know it was episodes ago, but I forgot to mention that I thought it was wierd and wierdly cute that Bege's infant child also had the mustache stubble on his upper lip.

I like the little cigar pacifier

neflight86
Wed, 03-07-2018, 08:33 AM
He better not get that tooth back!

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!

The stronger of mama's offspring you are, the less you like conforming to the standardized usage of doors? Too mainstream? It explains their outfits...

I like that Bege won't talk with people who don't respect their appearance, and tacky though the may be, something about the lighting on his rings made me smile. I hope we get some more background on why mama is so unpopular with the giants; that was a very interesting distinction about her 'empire', and I'm not fully satisfied with the little crumb of information in this episode.

neflight86
Sun, 03-18-2018, 09:48 PM

VX gas is the plan, huh? I presume Mother Caramel is actually Mama's... mama, unless "Mother" is her actual name, when she said it in the flashback.

I have to wonder why mama hasn't simply stormed the other Yonkai to get their poneglyphs if she is apparently invincible, but I suppose Kaido and Shanks might likewise be capable of dealing with her, maybe even Blackbeard?

I love when an episode of mostly talking is mostly talking about things I find interesting, and this one certainly such an episode.

I also want to give it up for Big Mom also being the most 'appropriate' Yonkai by far. None of the others seem to have put anything into practice to actually support the enterprise of being the Pirate King. We have a country, connections, flags of protection, a vision of a harmonious future, and likely a seat or two at the reverie, somehow. Any other candidate who gets the title at this point seems like they could just die at sea afterworlds with no real plan for being the King. One is suicidal, one lost his arm protecting a random kid, and Blackbeard is a wildcard. She's no great philanthropist, but the only flaw in her quest for One Piece is marrying off a daughter to a man of ambition.

**Edit to not triple post**

Also, does anyone else find it odd that the straw harts are both complacent and aiding an actual murder/assassination plot? There have been 0 casualties, excluding flashbacks, directly linked to their actions so far, so that is trippy, I just wanted to add.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-29-2018, 07:00 AM
The milk regrowing Luffy's tooth was dumb as shit, and I hope there's an actual explanation for it.

Also, the milk working to heal Brook, even though it specifically DIDN'T work to heal him back in Thriller Bark(where he drinks some milk saying it will repair crack in his face, but when he drinks it, even though he ACTS like it works, the crack is completely unaffected).

Also, does anyone else find it odd that the straw harts are both complacent and aiding an actual murder/assassination plot? There have been 0 casualties, excluding flashbacks, directly linked to their actions so far, so that is trippy, I just wanted to add.Kinda. But I just see it as, Luffy only really cares what happens to his friends. And while Luffy doesn't kill people, neither Mom or Bege are his friends, so he doesn't really care what they do to each other, he's there to help Sanji.

Assertn
Sun, 04-01-2018, 12:05 AM
The milk regrowing Luffy's tooth was dumb as shit, and I hope there's an actual explanation for it.

Also, the milk working to heal Brook, even though it specifically DIDN'T work to heal him back in Thriller Bark(where he drinks some milk saying it will repair crack in his face, but when he drinks it, even though he ACTS like it works, the crack is completely unaffected).

Kinda. But I just see it as, Luffy only really cares what happens to his friends. And while Luffy doesn't kill people, neither Mom or Bege are his friends, so he doesn't really care what they do to each other, he's there to help Sanji.

Yeah, Luffy's never really cared for the well-being of others, unless its someone he cares about or has respect for.

Ohh, lots of characters being formally introduced in this episode. Good stuff.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-04-2018, 01:42 AM
Ohh, lots of characters being formally introduced in this episode. Good stuff.Honestly? I'm actually getting pretty tired of that shit.

"Oh, has it been 10 episodes? Time to introduce another 20 characters. Because that's what this series needs..."

Assertn
Sun, 04-08-2018, 12:26 AM
Honestly? I'm actually getting pretty tired of that shit.

"Oh, has it been 10 episodes? Time to introduce another 20 characters. Because that's what this series needs..."

Hey, don't be hating on my boy "Big News" Morgans.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 04-15-2018, 05:10 PM

---

I've been thinking since Sanji kept acting nice to her that he was going to somehow win Pudding over, but when she was still being a psycho right up to the end I started thinking, "Eh, I guess not."

Then when she was all "Imma shoot him while he's freaked out about my eye." I realized "Oh, he's gonna compliment her eye and she'll gonna immediately switch sides."

Luffy with one of his rare actual plans!

I'm a little confused by Katakuri's reaction. While its badass to have the future seeing villain be all like "I can't stop this!", it feels like he should have easily been able to stop at least some of it.

Assertn
Sun, 04-15-2018, 11:40 PM

---

I've been thinking since Sanji kept acting nice to her that he was going to somehow win Pudding over, but when she was still being a psycho right up to the end I started thinking, "Eh, I guess not."

Then when she was all "Imma shoot him while he's freaked out about my eye." I realized "Oh, he's gonna compliment her eye and she'll gonna immediately switch sides."

Luffy with one of his rare actual plans!

I'm a little confused by Katakuri's reaction. While its badass to have the future seeing villain be all like "I can't stop this!", it feels like he should have easily been able to stop at least some of it.

I think Katakuri meant the chaos of the cake exploding into a whole bunch of luffys. But yeah, the buildup this episode was pretty intense.

neflight86
Tue, 04-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Pudding underestimated Sanji's desperation by an order of magnitude.

I smiled a bit when the pastor pulled out a piece to finish the job, but got sniped by a jellybean instead. This was probably the best cliffhanger in at least a couple of years. Cake's hitting the fan now.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 04-19-2018, 05:18 PM
I'm a little curious how Sanji was able to dodge an attack from a guy that can supposedly see into the future.

Assertn
Fri, 04-27-2018, 12:28 PM
I'm a little curious how Sanji was able to dodge an attack from a guy that can supposedly see into the future.

The future he was looking at was the one where he doesn't throw a bean, though. Katakuri didn't know Sanji would be able to dodge his attack as well.

neflight86
Tue, 05-01-2018, 10:36 PM
Bege got to talk some fine trash this episode.

Assertn
Sat, 05-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Bege got to talk some fine trash this episode.

Bege went from being the lamest supernova to one of the more interesting ones.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-07-2018, 04:36 AM

---

Holy shit that line from Jimbei was so boss.

"What does a crewmate of the future Pirate King have to fear from a mere Emperor?"

For awhile I was like "Why aren't they just shooting her with the missiles while she's stumbling around?" Until I remember that her shrieking apparently lowers her vulnerability.

neflight86
Mon, 05-07-2018, 02:33 PM
Do I sense a flashback-story of big mom coming on? I'll gladly put whats going on on hold for that; I expected explanation about mother Caramel to take another 100 episodes at least!

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-08-2018, 02:17 AM
Do I sense a flashback-story of big mom coming on?With the way that episode ended? Absolutely. I think I audibly groaned.

neflight86
Thu, 05-24-2018, 01:06 AM
Flashback over now, and we can see that Mom's promiscuous ways are a direct result of her suspect upbringing. From abandonment to a short lived work development with Carmel and giant boxing, and the most exotic of foods; human flesh!

Lols aside, how did Lin Lin get the life-steal power from Carmel? Is eating a person the same as eating a fruit?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-27-2018, 07:53 PM

---

Yeah...yeah, there's a lot to unpack in that flashback...

Thought it was pretty lame for a backstory at first till the revealed Caramel was evil. And then...and then...yeah, she totally fucking ate those people...

But I think the most interesting part there is Mom got Caramel's Devil Fruit power by eating Caramel. The question is, is that just a Big Mom thing? Or is that a universal thing about how Devil's Fruits work?

Did Blackbeard steal Whitebeard's fruit power by taking a big old bite out of his body? Devil Fruits themselves work with only a single bite, is it the same with fruit eater's bodies?

Assertn
Tue, 05-29-2018, 01:11 PM

---

Yeah...yeah, there's a lot to unpack in that flashback...

Thought it was pretty lame for a backstory at first till the revealed Caramel was evil. And then...and then...yeah, she totally fucking ate those people...

But I think the most interesting part there is Mom got Caramel's Devil Fruit power by eating Caramel. The question is, is that just a Big Mom thing? Or is that a universal thing about how Devil's Fruits work?

Did Blackbeard steal Whitebeard's fruit power by taking a big old bite out of his body? Devil Fruits themselves work with only a single bite, is it the same with fruit eater's bodies?

I suppose a person with a devil's fruit ability is basically a walking devil's fruit in that regard. Not necessarily what happened with Blackbeard, though. Blackbeard's devil's fruit already allowed him to absorb other devil fruit powers, though we never saw him actually possess the powers he absorbed up until whitebeard, so maybe absorbing to that extent both kills the previous host and transfers the ability to Blackbeard, and he didn't want to try it on Ace because he needed Ace alive.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-29-2018, 03:54 PM
Blackbeard's devil's fruit already allowed him to absorb other devil fruit powers, though we never saw him actually possess the powers he absorbed up until whitebeardOr maybe he just has a special thing that lets him have multiple fruits without exploding. And then he just went around eating the bodies of fruit eaters.

Assertn
Tue, 05-29-2018, 04:52 PM
Or maybe he just has a special thing that lets him have multiple fruits without exploding. And then he just went around eating the bodies of fruit eaters.

How would that work, though? He certainly didn't swallow whitebeard whole. Wasn't his body still there after they removed the curtain? I know the full effect of a devil fruit is granted just by a single bite, and the second bite won't give the power to a different person, so does that mean if someone bites off your finger, they can steal your power from you? Wouldn't someone have remarked on bite marks on whitebeard's body, anyway?

Also, imagine how chewy he must be considering he was able to withstand all those weapons.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-30-2018, 01:16 AM
so does that mean if someone bites off your finger they can steal your power from you?They might actually have to be dead before it works.

We know from Ceasar's slime that when a fruit user dies, a normal nearby fruit just spontaneously becomes that fruit. Maybe if you take a bit out of them right after they die, it passes to you instead of to a nearby fruit.

Although, if he knows that much about the workings of fruit, it would probably make more sense for him to have just been carrying a fruit with him to eat once it turned into Whitebeard's fruit...

Wouldn't someone have remarked on bite marks on whitebeard's body, anyway? I dunno man. At that point, someone had punched a volcano through him. A bite mark might have been insignificant.

Also, imagine how chewy he must be considering he was able to withstand all those weapons.Eh, that's all Haki and shit. It goes away once he's dead.

Assertn
Wed, 05-30-2018, 10:50 AM
https://img00.deviantart.net/5c90/i/2017/153/b/6/one_piece_chapter_867_happy_birthday_ending_gore_b y_amanomoon-dbb9xgp.png

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-30-2018, 06:02 PM
I remember watching the scene, and her having cleaned her tray of sweets, and then the shot changes to her in bliss, and she kept on eating sweets and I went, "Heh, continuity error".

And then she snaps back to reality and everyone was gone and I went "Oh god...OH GOD WHAT?!"

Then the kids popped out of the trees and I was all "Oh. Nevermind."

Then they faded out and I was all "OH FUCK! OHHHH FUCKING FUCK!!!"

neflight86
Tue, 06-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Siege is on, and Toei blew the rest of this year's animation budget on a sentai transformation scene...

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-07-2018, 01:18 AM
That's okay, it'll be till the rest of the year before any climactic fights happen probably.

Was disappointed in Sanji for leaving Pudding outside.

Assertn
Mon, 06-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Was disappointed in Sanji for leaving Pudding outside.

Pudding's okay. It's not like her family's going to kill her just because she was useless. If anyone would get punished, I would say Brulee is the best bet. Pudding is still a wildcard at this point, so I doubt the strawhats or firetank pirates would want her inside.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 06-18-2018, 07:49 AM
God, watching this series is downright painful now. There's just SOOOO much fucking repetition based filler going on!

Just 20 fucking minutes of Big Mom screaming "Come out Bege! Straw Hat!"

Looks like Luffy ain't gonna be able to do shit to Big Mom unless he's got a 5th Gear to pull out.

neflight86
Wed, 06-20-2018, 12:37 AM
Yeah, 4th gear got outright denied when he got mad at being called a coward.

I'm surprised that Big Mom said that the Strawhats would not be able to take down Kaido (and I forgot that was originally the plan) like she knew his power. I figured she was the weakest of the Yonkai and would be beaten now. I like the idea better that the Straw hats escape Whole Cake island and have to deal with the Big Mom pirates an arc or two later at full strength, maybe after another power up. We've never had a recurring villain crew outside of the one true pirate king, Foxy.

Also like that they, in spite of having pretty poor animation, keep coming up with new creepy ways to draw Mom.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 06-20-2018, 02:07 PM
I like the idea better that the Straw hats escape Whole Cake island and have to deal with the Big Mom pirates an arc or two later at full strength, maybe after another power up.I'm actually hoping that they escape from Big Mom, but she chases them to the Wano Kingdom, and we have this GIANT fucking 3-way war between Kaido, Big Mom and the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance.

Assertn
Sun, 06-24-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm actually hoping that they escape from Big Mom, but she chases them to the Wano Kingdom, and we have this GIANT fucking 3-way war between Kaido, Big Mom and the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance.

Then you hear ZEHAHAHAHA and Blackbeard shows up from fuckin nowhere

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Okay, so there's a bomb in the Mermaid's treasure chest.

But WHY?

I thought maybe the Mermaids were trying to kill Mom. But the flashback shows they never intended her to get the chest. But they never said WHY there was a bomb in the chest in the first place!

Assertn
Sat, 07-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Okay, so there's a bomb in the Mermaid's treasure chest.

But WHY?

I thought maybe the Mermaids were trying to kill Mom. But the flashback shows they never intended her to get the chest. But they never said WHY there was a bomb in the chest in the first place!

The flashback scene with the minister and the mer king actually did happen back in the fishman arc. If you recall, the chest is where those super-strength pills used to be, when Hodi and his gang stole them. The minister had rigged the chest with bombs shortly after that to punish anyone else who came looking for the pills. This was withheld from the king at the time, which is why he allowed Luffy to keep all the treasure after the swamp-dude stole them.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-17-2018, 04:16 AM
I didn't remember any of that. Thanks!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 07-29-2018, 02:40 PM

---

Holy shit is this fucking boring!

This Seducing Woods is a fucking black hole of pacing!!

Assertn
Tue, 07-31-2018, 02:57 PM

---

Holy shit is this fucking boring!

This Seducing Woods is a fucking black hole of pacing!!

The manga just recently started the arc after this one, so... expect more of this :d

neflight86
Mon, 08-13-2018, 02:12 AM
Good direction/music makes even Pedro's death seem like something poignant.

Always love seeing world players via flashbacks. Security at Roger's execution could have really cleaned up some big names.

...Gekko Moria really let himself go.

Assertn
Mon, 08-20-2018, 11:16 AM
Some good scenes in these past 2 eps. Kinda crazy though how boring even the most dramatic cliffhangers can be when you stretch it out long enough, though.

Like why does Carrot's glove have 4 fingers if her hand has 5 fingers? How is Oda gonna do a reveal like that and still not explain it?

neflight86
Sun, 09-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Luffy vs. Luffy version 2.0?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-23-2018, 12:43 AM

---

Currently, the Strawhats are missing two big stereotypical ship roles. Lookout, and helmsman. Carrot would be good with her carrot fueled eyesight and ability to jump a mile into the air(although Violet would have been even better). My hope is that Jinbei turns out to be a skilled helmsman. What with him being a fishman, he might have natural knowledge of how to navigate currents and such.Halfway there!

Assertn
Mon, 10-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Finally caught up. Katakuri is such a badass.

neflight86
Wed, 10-10-2018, 02:19 AM
Looks like the (cat)-akuri is outta the bag! To eat so... metro-sexually... really does nothing for his brand.

I did like his "Iced tea will do" mercy quickly followed by a the impalement of the cooks when things got REAL.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Seems like now there's TWO new upgrade paths for Luffy.

Awakening his Devil Fruit. And even harder hardening.

Assertn
Mon, 11-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Seems like now there's TWO new upgrade paths for Luffy.

Awakening his Devil Fruit. And even harder hardening.

Woker awakening, harder hardening, and foremost foreseeing.

neflight86
Tue, 11-13-2018, 01:03 AM
So... big mom really let herself go if she went from chunky child monster to 2 story average mom back to the cremepuff she is now. If we assume that her or her husbands had to actually seduce one or the other to make the family thing work, it makes sense I suppose, but now the present day design has her thinner, too?!

For how little screen time he got, Pound had a nice little moment, there.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-18-2018, 12:24 AM

---

Carrot is so fucking cool! I want her to join so much!

So... big mom really let herself go if she went from chunky child monster to 2 story average mom back to the cremepuff she is now. If we assume that her or her husbands had to actually seduce one or the other to make the family thing work, it makes sense I suppose, but now the present day design has her thinner, too?!Yeah, she went from fugly, to fine(ish), back to fugly.

Seems like being in berserk mode for days without eating is burning up all her calories.

Assertn
Sun, 11-18-2018, 05:21 PM
I wanna see Pekoms go sulong so badly now.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-13-2019, 10:00 PM

---

Alright, Katakuri is a pretty cool dude. He's getting some cool musical themes as well.

I'm glad this fight is finally going someplace, because it's just been, like, 8 hours of Luffy getting wailed on so far.

It kinda takes the tension out of things when you see that Luffy will just take infinite damage until he suddenly gains the upper hand.

Assertn
Mon, 01-14-2019, 09:54 PM
Well, Luffy probably wouldve died if Katakuri allowed his sister to continue to help him win. He's beginning to acknowledge Luffy, anyway.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-15-2019, 01:24 AM
Well, Luffy probably wouldve died if Katakuri allowed his sister to continue to help him win. He's beginning to acknowledge Luffy, anyway.Yeah, but he's also been punching Luffy for hours, both in and out of show. It's starting to feel like he WANTS Luffy to win.

I can understand the desire to fight a worthy opponent, but Luffy WASN'T a worthy opponent at the start. And the fact that he seems to be dragging it out until Luffy somehow BECOMES a worthy opponent is weird.

neflight86
Mon, 01-28-2019, 02:55 AM
Episode 870

This is the kind of amazing episode we get maybe... once every 5 years? Dripping with fluid animation, cool fight choreography (new Luffy move), and a killer pace (sans the 2 or so not fight scenes); this episode should be one for the history books. I haven't been so hyped and satisfied by a single episode of One Piece since the Bluno fight at Ennies lobby (gear second debut).

With the animation budget blown on this, buckle in for some nasty looking powerpoint animation for the remainder of 2019 :).

Assertn
Fri, 02-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Hey man, 50 episodes a year or high budget fight scenes. You can't have your caaaaakeeeyyyy~~~~ and eat it, too!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-03-2019, 12:36 AM
Okay, much like how 2nd Gear was way cooler than 3rd Gear, Snake Man is WAY cooler than Bounce Man. This part of the fight at least was outstanding.

Too bad the fight as a whole was paced like dogshit. And it's still dumb that Luffy got beat to shit for an entire day, but was able to even things up with just a couple minutes of offense.

I'm kinda curious, Luffy has a snake-style, and a gorilla-style, I wonder if he has styles for all of the animals he fought on that island.

Hey man, 50 episodes a year or high budget fight scenes. You can't have your caaaaakeeeyyyy~~~~ and eat it, too!I'll give up the 50 episodes a year in a heartbeat. Hero Academia showed us how much better a product you end up with that way.

Assertn
Sun, 02-03-2019, 03:05 AM
Okay, much like how 2nd Gear was way cooler than 3rd Gear, Snake Man is WAY cooler than Bounce Man. I'm kinda curious, Luffy has a snake-style, and a gorilla-style, I wonder if he has styles for all of the animals he fought on that island.

Well, so far, we've seen "bound man," "tank man," and "snake man," so I don't know if I'd say he's doing it directly.
Honestly, I don't recall the pacing being *that* much different than in the manga...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-03-2019, 04:30 AM
Well, so far, we've seen "bound man," "tank man," and "snake man," so I don't know if I'd say he's doing it directly.Bounce Man is clearly gorilla themed. It gives him gorilla proportions, gorilla coloring(black limbs with a bare chest), and his attacks in that form start with "Kong".

I forgot Tank Man was even a thing...

Assertn
Sun, 02-03-2019, 06:30 PM
Bounce Man is clearly gorilla themed. It gives him gorilla proportions, gorilla coloring(black limbs with a bare chest), and his attacks in that form start with "Kong".

I forgot Tank Man was even a thing...

Nah man, he's a sphere. He becomes a bouncy ball.

neflight86
Wed, 02-20-2019, 06:19 PM

In a way, I kind of like that Sanji didn't reconcile with his family, but has essentially entered into a non-aggression attitude towards each other.

Also, is Pekoms dead?

Brulee debuted as a danger (against Nami, so I should have guessed she was low on the power scale), but has now become such a bumbling mess that I kind of feel sorry for her. A woman that old crying because her big brother lost a fight is kind of sad in a weird, dysfunctional family way.

neflight86
Sun, 03-03-2019, 03:55 PM

If you don't watch the preview, this is a pretty somber episode. I thought for sure Mom would declare a ceasefire or something because of the deliciousness of the cake.

Assertn
Sat, 03-09-2019, 11:46 PM

If you don't watch the preview, this is a pretty somber episode. I thought for sure Mom would declare a ceasefire or something because of the deliciousness of the cake.

Very well executed conclusion to the "cakey wa doko da" adventure. Yonkous don't mess around.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-24-2019, 05:38 PM

---

GODDAMNIT JINBEI! Can you just stay with the goddamn crew already! FUCK! All this "I'm joining, but I gotta go do unfinished business first." is killing me!

I'm a little confused as to what exactly Pudding cut out of Sanji's memory. He still seems to remember who she is, so did she just, like, cut out the parts where she was shitty?

So now the Strawhats get to be hunted to the ends of the earth forever. Not because they attacked momma, but because she'll never stop trying to get Sanji back to make more cakes!

I honestly don't know why they bothered feeding her at all. At the rate she was going, it looks like she would have starved herself in another day or so. Problem solves itself.

Awful lotta singing in these last couple eps too...

Assertn
Mon, 03-25-2019, 12:40 AM

---

GODDAMNIT JINBEI! Can you just stay with the goddamn crew already! FUCK! All this "I'm joining, but I gotta go do unfinished business first." is killing me!
yeapp...

I'm a little confused as to what exactly Pudding cut out of Sanji's memory. He still seems to remember who she is, so did she just, like, cut out the parts where she was shitty?
I think she just cut out the goodbye kiss.

So now the Strawhats get to be hunted to the ends of the earth forever. Not because they attacked momma, but because she'll never stop trying to get Sanji back to make more cakes!

I honestly don't know why they bothered feeding her at all. At the rate she was going, it looks like she would have starved herself in another day or so. Problem solves itself.
Yeah well, just like in the end of this last episode, Sanji has always grew up believing that nobody, friend or foe, should experience starving to death.

Awful lotta singing in these last couple eps too...
yeapp...

neflight86
Mon, 03-25-2019, 01:52 AM
It was a shockingly ambitious episode. Pseudo operatic refrain for the arc opening song (from over a year ago, lol), strawhats escaping and Katakuri's backstory with a tender Brulee moment AND Pudding's memory erasure/kiss? I had to check it wasn't a double length episode or some other witchcraft.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-31-2019, 09:20 PM

---

Okay so, looks like these upcoming episodes are going to be interspersed with a bunch of recaps of early in the series.

Speaking of which...did I know Luffy's scar was from stabbing himself in the eye for funsies? Cause I didn't remember that.

I don't think I like Luffy being declared the 5th Emperor. I was expecting that the old Emperor's would just get replaced one-by-one by members of the Worst Generation like Blackbeard did with Whitebeard.

And what the hell did Luffy even do really? He destroyed a cake and ran away. He get's to be an Emperor for that? It feels like that reporter fake newsing him into a bigger story than he is for the sake of selling papers or something.

I mean, it's cool and all, but it feels unearned. I was expecting Luffy to take Shank's place.

Assertn
Wed, 04-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it's more like an unofficial title Morgans came up with

neflight86
Wed, 04-03-2019, 12:34 PM

Speaking of which...did I know Luffy's scar was from stabbing himself in the eye for funsies? Cause I didn't remember that.

From what I remember, the manga starts with him insisting to his grandpa (Garp) that he wants to be a pirate, and after getting laughed at, cutting the scar into his eye to show how serious (and stupid) he is. That was apparently too edgy/imitatable for Nihon TV in 1999, so it was skipped over in the anime... until now, even if it was remixed into the shanks bar scene.

Can we get a count? I'm guessing this is the 6th time Luffy's / Shanks origin has been shown, and the third time its been re-animated.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 04-03-2019, 11:45 PM
From what I remember, the manga starts with him insisting to his grandpa (Garp) that he wants to be a pirate, and after getting laughed at, cutting the scar into his eye to show how serious (and stupid) he is. That was apparently too edgy/imitatable for Nihon TV in 1999, so it was skipped over in the anime... until now, even if it was remixed into the shanks bar scene.Cool. I'd always wondered.

Assertn
Sun, 04-28-2019, 12:13 AM
Yeah, a nice episode and a half of reminiscing about something totally random. But at least we get to see some mariejoia action!

neflight86
Mon, 04-29-2019, 03:04 AM
I forgot how good (a character) Whitebeard was for how little screen time he ultimately got.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-21-2019, 10:54 PM

---

Is that...a giant straw hat in a freezer?

Also, was Dr. Kureha always voiced by Goku? I don't think I knew what Japanese Goku sounded like yet the first time I watched that arc.

Assertn
Tue, 05-21-2019, 11:16 PM

---

Is that...a giant straw hat in a freezer?

Also, was Dr. Kureha always voiced by Goku? I don't think I knew what Japanese Goku sounded like yet the first time I watched that arc.

Sounded the same to me, but then again this happened like... 15-16 years ago? Also, Wapol being a king again must be a random-as-fuck event for you non-manga readers.

Loving the Luffy fan-club, though.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-22-2019, 11:29 AM
Also, Wapol being a king again must be a random-as-fuck event for you non-manga readers.As a "read the manga after the anime" person, it seems random as fuck to me because last I read he was using his powers to make toys for children. But now is apparently an evil king again.

Assertn
Wed, 05-22-2019, 03:02 PM
Yeah the chapter covers eventually had him climb from making toys to inventing wapo-metal (the same material Franky uses for his transforming mechs), to ultimately getting very rich and then basically buying an island to rule over.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-26-2019, 02:15 AM

---

Sweet Iron Thone, brah.

neflight86
Wed, 06-26-2019, 06:58 PM

I'll never get enough Edward Newgate, so I approve of this filler.

Assertn
Wed, 06-26-2019, 07:42 PM
The flashbacks are filler, but everything else is canon

DarthEnderX
Thu, 06-27-2019, 12:39 PM
The flashbacks aren't even really filler, because they're all canon events. They're just canon events from earlier that weren't flashed back to in the manga here.

Assertn
Thu, 06-27-2019, 01:00 PM
What? You telling me the Marine HQ battle for Ace's life was canon? :p

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-30-2019, 01:47 AM
So...since only, like, 3 of us here ever use the One Piece subforum anymore, I decided to do the same thing I did with Fairy Tail and make a thread in the main forum (https://www.gotwoot.org/showthread.php/23824-One-Piece) to try and get some more discussion going about One Piece.