PDA

View Full Version : Handa-kun

MFauli
Sat, 07-30-2016, 01:47 AM

Set six years prior to the events of Barakamon, detailing the life of Seishuu Handa as a high school student—and a very interesting life it is.

In Handa-kun, Seishuu Handa is admired by his peers as a calligraphy genius and given the utmost respect, but Handa-kun himself is under the mistaken impression that the deference and attention he receives from the other students is actually bullying. Handa just wants to live a quiet life, but hilarity ensues as one character after another challenges his position as the school idol, and somehow comes away as a fan all while Handa is horrified and clueless.

----------------------------

episode 4 is out
-------------------

One of the best anime of the season. I almost lost it at episode 4, when the suicidal girl started singing. omg.
It is absolutely NOT necessary to have seen Barakamon, outside of this being the young version of the same hero, thereīs no relevance for anything so far.
Itīs hilarious how all the boys admire Handa-kun thinking heīs the epitome of coolness, while all the girls are in love with him. And he thinks everbody hates him! :D Itīs like a better version of Sakamoto Desuga, because here the hero actually isnīt cool at all.

Definitely didnīt expect this to be one the anime Iīm looking forward to most each week.

Munsu
Sat, 07-30-2016, 08:36 AM
For some reason Barakamon never enticed me to watch it. Guess I should do just that?

David75
Sat, 07-30-2016, 08:45 AM
Although both MC's are caligraphy masters, the setting and drive are very different in both shows.

MFauli
Sat, 07-30-2016, 09:40 AM
Barakamon is funny slice of life. This is straight forward comedy.

Munsu
Sun, 07-31-2016, 10:06 AM
Well, watched the first 2 episodes of Barakamon. I can see why it's well liked, but I'm struggling with it. I'll finish it up, but probably can only stomach an episode a day or so. It's not bad or anything, just not really caring for anything it's presenting despite how well it's been put together.