PDA

View Full Version : Kiznaiver

Munsu
Thu, 07-28-2016, 09:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/S9kCg9N.jpg

The fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. One day, Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=17706

So was looking for discussion on this series, and found that pretty much it was non-existent. It's a series from last season Spring 2016, and recently ended. So far I've watched 4 episodes and I'm quite enjoying it. Cool OP, nice character designs, good animation, and interesting characters.

Seems to have a lot of characteristics that usually are enjoyed in this forum, so wonder if anyone has watched it? The story basis is quite out there and a bit weird, but character interactions and relationships are good

Not sure if it'll get better or worse from here, but so far it's a series I can easily recommend it from that standpoint. Something certainly different, at least for me, to watch and refreshing.

Honestly, I would simply ignore the plot description since I think it's irrelevant from what I've seen so far other than a driving force for the interpersonal drama, and I think it's done fairly well so far on that regard. We'll see if it becomes more relevant in future episodes.

Anyways, I hope more people watched this series in this forum, and if not, at least give it a shot. It's 12 episodes long, so not much of an investment all told. Plus, I know this season has been quite bland, so a good opportunity to watch something else.

http://tokyotosho.info/search.php?terms=horriblesubs+kiznaiver

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-28-2016, 09:48 AM
I did. It was all over the place. Nothing I'd recommend, unless you love love quadrangles. Trigger wasn't a good studio choice for this, or rather, this wasn't a good story for trigger. The random art explosions are jarring to the overall tone of the story.

The premise is also ridiculous, but even if you get past that, it's quite forgettable.

neflight86
Thu, 07-28-2016, 03:47 PM
The catchy OP was the major thing that brought me back each episode. The story is, as mentioned, nonsensical, leaving the character interactions to carry viewers' interest, which were okay, but not especially remarkable as two of the characters didn't 'have' emotions anyway. Glad you're enjoying it and let us know what you think of the ending. I kind of enjoyed the spin they put on the foundation of forming friendships with other people.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-28-2016, 03:56 PM
I really liked the character designs for this show though. Really polished, even the pink haired macho dude.

The most interesting story for me within the web of stories was former fat guy and lesbian kuudere's coupling up. Slow, simple, and not overly dramatic.

Munsu
Thu, 07-28-2016, 04:36 PM
I did. It was all over the place. Nothing I'd recommend, unless you love love quadrangles. Trigger wasn't a good studio choice for this, or rather, this wasn't a good story for trigger. The random art explosions are jarring to the overall tone of the story.

The premise is also ridiculous, but even if you get past that, it's quite forgettable.

I actually hate love triangles+, but I've enjoyed what's been presented so far. It's been presented in an entertaining way.

In the end, as I said much in my OP, I'm just really enjoying the character interaction and on that regard, the apparent nonsensical plot and it being "all over the place" has served that well in my opinion.

And as you mention in the other post, I also very much like the character designs, which adds to my enjoyment.

Forgettable? Well, that's hardly been a metric by which I'd judge anime to watch... since in the end most that we watch are just that.

We watch A LOT of shit.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-28-2016, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend them to others lol.

Munsu
Thu, 07-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend them to others lol.

Yeah, I can see that. But at the same time it seems like the kind of series that the few around here might enjoy I think. I wouldn't outside of here though without knowing, guess I'll see if my impressions hold up once I finish.

Munsu
Thu, 08-04-2016, 11:35 PM
Well, just finished the series. Overall, enjoyed it quite a bit, and I think worth the time for those that like stories focusing in the different types of relationships and drama over them... friendship and romantic in particular. Series doesn't get over melancholic, introduces some levity here and there, so I thought it was quite a pleasant experience. Something different, with different triggers for the relationship drama.

The backdrop premise I didn't care for at all, and it became a bit comical at the end when they rushed through it in a very nonsensical manner. But I think it served the main purpose of the story quite well as a plot instigator, pushing the conflict between the characters.

The story ends well I thought and very satisfactory on that regard.