PDA

View Full Version : Days

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-24-2016, 07:56 PM

DAYS is about two boys named Tsukushi and Jin. Tsukushi is a boy with no special talent or traits while Jin is considered a soccer genius. On one stormy night, Jin meets Tsukushi, and they get dragged into the world of soccer.

4 Episodes in and we finally have a manager. I like her, and I like this show so far despite the weakling protagonist.

Munsu
Sun, 07-24-2016, 08:23 PM
I haven't watched the latest, but I'm following the series. I enjoyed the first 2 episodes, it had charm and some funny moments. I really disliked the 3rd episode... too much "he makes me remember playing soccer is supposed to be fun" shtick with some shitty flashbacks.

Will watch episode 4 tonight to see this new manager, I assume it's the girl who was in the classroom making commentaries when they introduced the transfer students. If so, yeah, a good choice of character to have around.

As an aside, any of you watching Cheer Boys? I gave it a chance, something different within the usual sports-anime themes. I guess it's alright as a palate cleanser. Though I think the premise is completely gay, I mean, who'd get excited forming an all-boys cheer group? Are they dumb or what?

Shadow Skill
Sun, 07-24-2016, 09:43 PM
I'm actually enjoying this. This is the first sports anime I am watching since Major ended. For me, this Soccer anime feels similar to Major. Hopefully it lasts as long as Major. :)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-24-2016, 09:46 PM
How can you compare the heroes though? One is a genius badass, the other is a loser.

Munsu
Sun, 07-24-2016, 11:13 PM
Just watched episode 4, and definitely my favorite episode of the series so far. More Ubukata please, and wonder where's the childhood friend. Don't think we've seen her since the first or second episode.

MFauli
Mon, 07-25-2016, 12:49 AM
I do like this anime, BUT Tsukushi is overly whiney/girlish. Seriously, itīs kind of annoying. Thereīs being humble and then thereīs this.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-25-2016, 08:58 AM
I had the same issue with Boku no Hero Academia. Why do they overdo it when making weak protagonists?

Munsu
Mon, 07-25-2016, 09:27 AM
I had the same issue with Boku no Hero Academia. Why do they overdo it when making weak protagonists?

No clue. Probably to make it easier to show "how much they've grown" in the end. But you have to deal with the tediousness for a long time.

Or maybe they figure the otaku demographic are THIS weak, so let's give them something shitty they can relate to.

Who knows, it's dumb.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-25-2016, 09:28 AM
It's just unreal how they cry all the time at the slightest (if any) provocation. It's like they have a mental illness.

Edort4
Mon, 07-25-2016, 01:26 PM
I agree about the MC. Its BS what they try to sell. If they made the MC a bit of a psycho, a pussy in daily life but a rage boiler inside that vents out playing, like kicking mad and tackling to the head and so, it could make some sense but this is just ridiculous.

Anyway unless it goes downhill its a passable show.

Munsu
Sat, 07-30-2016, 05:46 PM
Here's episode 5:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=835525

Another solid episode drama-wise and emotions wise. Of course, after you wipe your brain off all the crying.

MFauli
Sat, 07-30-2016, 09:47 PM
If my count is correct: 2 times of full-on crying, 1 time of being whiny.

As for the draft, I hope we get to see more of the other team mates. Kazahara seemed like a really good, dependable player, so Iīd expect that those 13 (minus the 2 heroes and the goalie) other players are reeeeeally good.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 07-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Battery owns this.

Munsu
Sat, 07-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Battery owns this.

Correct.

Munsu
Sat, 08-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Episode 6:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=837742

I thought this episode packed quite a bit of content, final scene was funny.

MFauli
Mon, 08-08-2016, 05:30 AM
Iīm starting to really hate Tsukamotoīs whiny behavior. Thereīs several scenes where he even puts his hands together in front of his crotch area and looks at another character with tears in his eyes, like som clichee "weak, innocent girl". Ffs. Itīs so annoying.

Also, WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK: "It looks like I need to learn how to receive passes to play football." Whatīs next episode, he realizes that he needs to shoot passes to play football? :/

Munsu
Sun, 08-28-2016, 08:02 PM
Episode 9...

So like can we make Mizuki the main character instead? Thanks.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 08-28-2016, 08:22 PM
Well, we are seeing Mizuki back when he was a noob.

Munsu
Sun, 08-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Well, we are seeing Mizuki back when he was a noob.

Even then, different personalities.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 08-28-2016, 08:27 PM
What I find so weird is how so many people see potential in the crybaby. It doesn't make sense.

Edort4
Mon, 08-29-2016, 04:13 AM
Mizuki is the best Character in the series by far. The speech about being selfish and fighting for oneself is such a rara avis in anime that only that deserved to be craved in stone in a statue of him at the entrance of the school.

MC is boring and annoying to the infinite. Also Forwards arent last defense line in their own areas. Only Mizuki, Ubutaka and a couple of 3rd years save this mediocre show.

MFauli
Mon, 08-29-2016, 06:35 AM
If only Tsukamoto would drop his whiny, girlish behavior. Makes me wonder who this animeīs audiencei is. Is it basically a shojo-football anime?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-29-2016, 07:42 AM
He's probably gonna grow out of it. Sports stories usually last a long, long, long, long time.

Munsu
Sat, 09-10-2016, 06:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EScKTJq.png

Betelgeuse Romanee-Conti, DESU!

MFauli
Sun, 09-11-2016, 10:14 AM
lol

game finally getting good.

Although I kept wondering when I saw this episode how much of a "pussyfication" has been going on in sports anime compared to the past. I remember growing up with Captain Tsubasa and Ganbare Kickers! and itīs night and day. Back then, these characters actually played football, they didnīt spend all the time on emotional drama and cried all the time. Tbh Iīd be embarrassed watching DAYS in the same room with other people, but I have no problem doing the same with Tsubasa or Kickers. Would love a proper football anime again :/

David75
Sun, 09-11-2016, 10:30 AM
I remember that a single action of running straight to the goal could take almost half an ep in Tsubasa. Also, they had all kind of very strange super fatality special moves to score...
The drama was more in injuries or medical condition.
For drama, you had to watch Kimagure Orange Road or Maison Ikkoku at the time.

Days is more of:
Regardless of who you are, even the most weak and wimpy, if you work hard with a passion, you can make it big.
Some kind of Japanese dream, that probably is partly responsible for burn out...

MFauli
Sun, 09-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Yeah, but when somebody was injured in Captain Tsubasa, he wouldnīt cry ... he would continue playing because of his fucking duty and honor towards the team!!1

Doctor: "Tsubasa, you can only use your super shot 3 more times. Any more than that and itīll break!"

Good times.

Munsu
Wed, 06-14-2017, 06:28 PM
And finished up the first season... as it seems customary lately, 1st season stops just when an important match is about to start.

Overall, Tsukamoto never did away his whinny crying self, but he improved as a character as he improved his play and determination.

I can't say the series got better per se, as part of the charm of the early going was that there was some good humor to it, and even though still present as it went on (particularly with Mizuki), it lost much of what I found endearing early on. But the Tsukamoto improvement makes up for it overall I'd say.

The anime would do well to give more screen time to Ubukata... certainly, for me, the best thing this show has to offer, and they should optimize it so that we get more Tsukamoto screen-time with her.

One thing that I missed was the small role Tsukamoto's childhood friend and his mother had in the whole series.

So games aside, that sometimes can drag, I hope to see more school life scenes, and more daily life scenes as well... not going to happen of course.

Anyways, there's already a 2nd season confirmed.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-12-11/days-soccer-anime-gets-sequel/.109744