PDA

View Full Version : Taboo Tatoo

neflight86
Thu, 07-14-2016, 12:49 AM

"The story follows Justice Akazuka a.k.a. Seigi, a young man who is good at martial arts. One day, Seigi rescues a homeless old man from some thugs, and the man gives him an object that imprints a tattoo on his palm. However, it is not an ordinary tattoo, but a special weapon that gives Seigi supernatural powers such as warping space-time. Seigi then meets a female American agent named Izzie, whose duty is to recover the tattoos. He decides to help her and gets wrapped up in a cross-national conspiracy."

genre: comedy, action, shounen

HorribleSubs Taboo Tatoo 01 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=826999)
HorribleSubs Taboo Tatoo 02 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=829289)

This is modern anime 101. It's telling (about the contemporary anime machine) when the most enjoyable parts of the episodes were the ones that didn't feel as derivative. The premise is nothing new, and the fights and zoomy camera look like something I would have thought was very cool and sleek about... ten years ago. Its cute, now. Still, entertaining enough for me to watch.

MasterOfMoogles
Thu, 07-14-2016, 03:23 AM
I still cannot get over them having an Xbox One in episode 2.
I suppose it is somewhat more believable given they're American military.

The fight scenes are pretty good. I hope they keep up the quality. The rest... not so much.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-19-2016, 12:02 PM
I'm really liking this right now. The fight scenes are really good. Imaginative, but simple and believable.

And we get naked greatsword loli. And bad ass Yin.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-22-2016, 10:21 PM
Episode 8:

Shit just hit the fan. I like the level of darkness and tragedy in this show. The problem is it's way too rushed. Things happen at light speed without the proper build up, rendering the tragedy powerless in terms of emotional impact.

That, and I don't give a shit about the characters who died. I'm just glad MC x Izzy is sailing.