PDA

View Full Version : Neto Ge no Yome wa Onna no Ko jannai to Omotta

MFauli
Sat, 04-16-2016, 12:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8dxa5n2.jpg

Our naïve protagonist proposes to a female character in an online game, only to find out that the player is actually a guy. Traumatized by that, he decides to never trust a girl online, but now, two years later, a female player is proposing to him. What will happen?

---------------------------------

episode 2 is out
----------------------

It´s a surprisingly jolly anime to watch. As with oh too many shows, there´s the danger that it devolves into shitty harem, but none of that in those first two episodes so far.
Although I have to question why he´s so reluctant to accept Ako´s affection ... LOOK AT HERE omg. The latter half of ep 2 kinda showed why it might not be a good idea (Ako´s loss of reality), but that wasn´t known before. Oh well.

Kraco
Sat, 04-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Although I have to question why he´s so reluctant to accept Ako´s affection ... LOOK AT HERE omg. The latter half of ep 2 kinda showed why it might not be a good idea (Ako´s loss of reality), but that wasn´t known before. Oh well.

He hasn't seemed so reluctant. He's been perfectly happy with Ako clinging to his arm. He's just not a fan of mixing game and reality, especially publicly. It's not cool. He's still a high schooler. I don't think he's yet so desperate he would accept any freak without a question, no matter how hot and cute.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Except he confessed to an old man. Seems pretty desperate to me lol.

Kidding aside, I think it's just a plot device to keep the harem going. He still has to woo the tsundere and the kuuboke in the next 10 episodes. He can't do that if he's busy sandwiching himself in those buns.

MFauli
Thu, 04-21-2016, 12:39 PM
episode 3 is out
-----------------

good episode, lots of progress. I wonder how Rusian will change his approach, now that he basically admitted, at least to himself, that he likes Ako, game or not.

It´s weird. There´s a lot of danger for potential harem tropes, but despite that the hero still only has eyes for Ako. Which is good. Still, I can´t shake off the bad feeling that this anime might crumble in its latter half. Schwein and the teacher are obvious love interests, and it´d surprise me if the leader girl isn´t actually in love with Rusian, too.

But so far so good. Ako continues to be gorgeous.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-21-2016, 12:54 PM
I like how they thought she was going to stab the teacher but hey...this is Ako...she uses a staff because of her class.

Kraco
Thu, 04-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Rusian ought to be happy that his first confession wasn't received by an old man, after all, but by a beautiful, young female teacher. He really is a brat, though, considering how the other two had to convince him to go and look after Ako. But once again, since the cat turned out to be a woman, perhaps his obstinate reality and game have nothing to do with each other opinion will mellow. It's a far easier case than Ako's, in the end.

Normally I wouldn't understand his opposition to visiting Ako's house, but since Ako would probably introduce him as her husband, it's somewhat plausible.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Why is this so focused on the ditz? I want my harem tropes! Now!

The teacher is an asshole. I mean, I can understand why she did what she did to Rusian, but even after meeting him in person, she behaved like it was no big deal even though he was having a nervous breakdown in front of her.

Then she clotheslines a female student.

MFauli
Sat, 04-23-2016, 03:52 AM
Why is this so focused on the ditz? I want my harem tropes! Now!

Stop trying to ruin a good anime ;>

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
EP 4 is out.

Well lucky you Shinta....this might be the beginning of a Harem. That or NTR.
Pretty sure it's Shweine's friend though.

MFauli
Thu, 04-28-2016, 01:32 PM
Another jolly good episode.

The harem danger is definitely starting; although I fathom this new girl is the account of some known character, trying to provoke Ako. Oh wait, yeah, you´re absolutely right, it´s Schwein´s friend. In that case, Schwein´s friend probably likes real life-Rusian and tries to win him by playing the game he likes.

Tbh I reeeeally hated Rusian this week in how repellent he was towards Ako. FFS, she is HOT. HOT I tell you! Just accept her as your irl-gf and try helping her settle her game-addiction from there. Engage in hot sexy time, and keep doing what you´re doing. PLUS sexy time.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Harem! Harem! Harem!

Kraco
Fri, 04-29-2016, 11:17 AM
Tbh I reeeeally hated Rusian this week in how repellent he was towards Ako. FFS, she is HOT. HOT I tell you! Just accept her as your irl-gf and try helping her settle her game-addiction from there. Engage in hot sexy time, and keep doing what you´re doing. PLUS sexy time.

Funnily enough the easiest and most effective way to cure Ako from her distorted sense of reality would be for Rusian to accept her as his RL girlfriend and then do all sorts of couple like things in RL with her. That would make her desire more time in reality and less time in game. Right now the game is where she's the wife. In RL she's not even a girlfriend. It doesn't take a quantum physicist to realise why that difference makes Ako stick to the game.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 11:32 AM
What I found most interesting in this show so far is that Ako was a stalker from the beginning, and Rusian just sort of folded from her repeated attempts.

MFauli
Fri, 04-29-2016, 11:55 AM
What I found most interesting in this show so far is that Ako was a stalker from the beginning, and Rusian just sort of folded from her repeated attempts.

Well, that´s just part of the shitty otaku-fantasy stereotype, "hot girl approaching guy for now real reason", see "Welcome to the NHK" and many others.

@Kraco: I dunno. Seeing how much Ako romanticizes everything, she might actually hate "real stff couples do", ya know.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 12:12 PM
No, the stereotypical trope is the girl approaches the protagonist for a reason, just not a believable one.

This one is actually believable in a creepy way, excluding Ako's "hotness". Stalkers do exist in real life. I was a victim of that once.

I found it interesting because Ako is seriously broken, and not just timid.

MFauli
Fri, 04-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Well, but if you INCLUDE her hotness, it becomes unbelievable again ;P And I assume your irl staker girl wasn´t hot, because I´d have no problem with that at all then :>

But yes, Ako is broken in more than one way. Actually makes you wonder why that is. A cute girl like her shouldn´t have problems with socialicing. Maybe Rusian takes her offer to meet her parents at some point and that gives us more insight about her situation. (not that I expect it to be as dark as her father abusing her, but maybe complete parental negligence or something of that sort).

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Cuteness doesn't always equal social skills, though. It's possible that old friends betrayed and bullied her for being cuter than they are, causing her current personality.

What I would like to see though, is absolutely no traumatic past. She's just awkward from the start and began closing up and hating reality for no real fault of anyone other than her own. That's why I enjoyed her stalker mode. It didn't make her seem like the tragic heroine but more of a creepy perpetrator.

Kraco
Fri, 04-29-2016, 03:47 PM
@Kraco: I dunno. Seeing how much Ako romanticizes everything, she might actually hate "real stff couples do", ya know.

Hard to say. There's the fact she sucks at the game, despite having apparently played it for a long time. So, is the game so important for her, other than for the social reason? If Rusian took her on dates in RL, amusement park, movies, aquarium, zoo, you name it, it might work well for her. After all, she seemed to enjoy the no fighting virtual date in this episode. She does touch Rusian in RL, so she doesn't have that sort of a trauma either, I reckon, unless it's more complicated.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 05:27 PM
She likes the game because Rusian is in there, the very first human being who gave a shit about her.

MFauli
Fri, 04-29-2016, 06:06 PM
She likes the game because Rusian is in there, the very first human being who gave a shit about her.

Should have met me then ;/

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 06:18 PM
I said human being.

*Looks at your avatar.

What would've changed?

MFauli
Sun, 05-08-2016, 06:07 PM
episode 5 is out
--------------

Noooooooo, this episode was a double faile in terms of tropes:

1.) Schwein starts the harem shit :/ Come on, little girl, you just saw what happens when other girls hit on Rusian! Don´t do this!

2.) ANOTHER GAY HERO! ARGH. Not only is Ako´s mom super hot, Ako herself is hot like lava, and she welcomes him fully nude! And not only is she nude, she explicitely tells Rusian that she mentally prepared herself for getting fucked by him! WTF?! Him leaving the room her creates a new maximum of heterosexual gayness in anime!!!!111!!1 Seriously, how hard is it to understand: You can help her AND fuck her! *sigh*

Anyway, another enjoyable episode overall. If the mom is single, I´d totally marry Ako and "be there" for the mom, too ;/

MFauli
Fri, 05-27-2016, 11:39 AM
episode 8 is out
------------------

anybody still watching?

If I were Rusian, I´d really force Ako to clearly tell me, if she actually likes me or just is into the online persona of me. It totally bugs me how this is never clearly resolved. When they sat on the couch and Rusian told her that they´re basically divorced now, and she asked "then what are we now?", he should have said "well, we´re a couple, aren´t we? You´re my girlfriend and I´m your boyfriend." Instead, he goes for "friends", ugh, sigh.

And I find it utterly unrealistic that a healthy boy in his age wouldn´t at least for a kiss by now. Ffs, she alread gave herself away to him, sitting on the floor naked in front of him, lol.