PDA

View Full Version : Mob Psycho 100

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2016, 07:30 AM
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/5f4c7a7e4a859e124cacf4bbd46c0a501449134297_full.jp g

Alternative Title: One Hundred Mob Psycho, Mob Psycho One Hundred, 100 Mob Psycho
Type: TV
Episodes: 24?
Source: Manga
Producers: Bones
Genres: Action, Comedy, Psychological, School, Shounen, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Synopsis: Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. "Mob") is a 8th grader with psychic abilities. He could bend spoons and lift objects with his mind from a young age, but he slowly began to withhold from using his abilities in public due to the negative attention he kept receiving. Now, the only thing he wants is to become friends with a girl in his class, Tsubomi. With his psychic "mentor" (who has no psychic powers), he continues his daily life, attempting to realize his purpose in life.

Resources: MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/anime/32182/Mob_Psycho_100)

---

[Teaser]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8g3TuKsQHs

Jesus, this team

Setsuo Itō as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama
Takahiro Sakurai as Arataka Reigen
Original Author: ONE (Serialized in Shogkukan's MangaOne)
Animation Production: BONES (Fullmetal Alchemist, Eureka Seven, Space Dandy, Blood Blockade Battlefront)
Director: Yuzuru Tachikawa (Death Parade)
Series Script Supervisor/Scripts: Hiroshi Seko (Ajin)
Character Design: Yoshimichi Kameda (One-Punch Man animation director)
Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Eureka Seven, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Soul Eater)
Music: Kenji Kawai (Ghost in the Shell, Hana Moyu, Patlabor)

MasterOfMoogles
Thu, 02-11-2016, 09:54 PM
I started trying to read this manga at one point, but the art, lol...
I do expect it to be good though.

Munsu
Sun, 02-28-2016, 11:45 AM
Haven't tried the manga, but certainly interested in this when it comes out.

Looks good.

Munsu
Sun, 07-17-2016, 03:14 PM
First episode has been out a few days now:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=829243

Thought you guys would jump on it immediately. No one tried it yet? Anyways, downloading now and should watch it right after.

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 07-17-2016, 06:38 PM
First episode was pretty good.

I'm not a fan of the mentor character so far. He mostly comes off as just super annoying.
Not nearly as entertaining as Genos to Saitama.

Munsu
Sun, 07-17-2016, 07:40 PM
First episode was pretty good.

I'm not a fan of the mentor character so far. He mostly comes off as just super annoying.
Not nearly as entertaining as Genos to Saitama.

I don't have a problem with mentor in that context, and he's SUPPOSED to come off as annoying. He's also the origin of most of the comedy the series has been offering so far, which has been quite good in my opinion.

Other than that observation, not a fan of those types of characters, so...

I also have to wonder if Mob is as much of a dunce as he seems, particularly with the way he acted in the cavern. Makes me believe that he's a bit play-acting. But all told, I'm sure he's that much of a dunce as he seems, but the scenes in the cavern is making me doubt it a bit.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-17-2016, 07:43 PM
Reigen isn't a complete asshole though. Once he realizes that the "other" monster is so much stronger, he makes sure to try and get Mob to flee as well. He does at least keep Mob's safety in mind.

He just doesn't realize how strong Mob is. I don't think Mob realizes it either.

Munsu
Tue, 07-19-2016, 09:35 AM
Reigen isn't a complete asshole though. Once he realizes that the "other" monster is so much stronger, he makes sure to try and get Mob to flee as well. He does at least keep Mob's safety in mind.

He just doesn't realize how strong Mob is. I don't think Mob realizes it either.

Well, I don't think that trying to "save" Mob from a powerful monster qualifies him to be not "a complete asshole". He's a complete asshole through and through, self-serving. Of course, doesn't mean that he's indifferent to a person being killed off, but he's a complete asshole.

Anyways, episode 2 is out:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=831592

And I LOVED how it ended.

Edort4
Tue, 07-19-2016, 11:38 AM
I dont see/feel nothing going on with this show. Watched both eps and not a single reaction on my body or brain. Thin as a dime thus far.

It felt as if I was watching weather news or something similar. Reigen is the only half decent relief.

Maybe this isnt a bad sign. In the end I felt just like mob, empty, without purpose, just there being.

Munsu
Tue, 07-19-2016, 08:29 PM
I dont see/feel nothing going on with this show. Watched both eps and not a single reaction on my body or brain. Thin as a dime thus far.

It felt as if I was watching weather news or something similar. Reigen is the only half decent relief.

Maybe this isnt a bad sign. In the end I felt just like mob, empty, without purpose, just there being.

I certainly understand where you're coming from. There's a certain amusement level one has to get from it for this to really work for you. If it doesn't reach, then it might be hard to get through.

So, the series hasn't wow'ed me or anything. It has amused me enough to keep watching, and some of the jokes I'm really digging. But I'm really hoping for better. I did think this would be better, without having any knowledge of the source material.

Good enough to keep watching for me for the time being. That said, I'm enjoying it.

MFauli
Wed, 07-20-2016, 07:12 AM
Guess Iīm on the more positive end of the spectrum in terms of judging this show. I enjoyed both episodes. The story isnīt anything great, but I greatly enjoy the characters, especially Reigen, who reminds me a lot of Gin from Gintama, assuming Gin would actually have the motivation to work, lol. Meanwhile, Mob instills to me the picture of an Akira, if Akira had ever tried to live life instead of being caught inside some huge technological prison.

What really sells it, though, is the fantastic animation.

I never felt bored while watching this, so Iīm looking forward to more of it.

Munsu
Mon, 07-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Here's episode 3:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=833929

Easily my favorite so far. Honestly, I loved it.

neflight86
Mon, 07-25-2016, 10:47 PM
The cult scene was suitably creepy, and its good to know the 'explosion percentage' isn't some nebulous one time series ending literal explosion, but rather a temporary power up (that Mob doesn't even need) and visual gag. If you were waiting for the series to display some meat on its bones (a glimpse of the scope of the story), this episode did just that.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-25-2016, 10:53 PM
Lame. Easily a prototype of Saitama.

Munsu
Mon, 08-01-2016, 06:14 PM
Lame. Easily a prototype of Saitama.

No, you're lame.

Here's episode 4:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=836136

I'm now a full believer in this series. More action please, and looks like next episode will have plenty of it.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-01-2016, 06:29 PM
Don't call me lame after watching the latest episode. If it's good, I might change my mind and your insult will hit the wrong target.

And don't call people lame. You... lame guy..!

Munsu
Mon, 08-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Don't call me lame after watching the latest episode. If it's good, I might change my mind and your insult will hit the wrong target.

And don't call people lame. You... lame guy..!

Well, if you don't like it you'll be even lamer! Lame-boy!

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Call me what you want. I'm calling this show for what it is. Prototype of OPM.

OP hero that gets underestimated for comedy and the impending comeback, repeat 100x.

Munsu
Mon, 08-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Call me what you want. I'm calling this show for what it is. Prototype of OPM.

OP hero that gets underestimated for comedy and the impending comeback, repeat 100x.

Yeah... that doesn't make it lame.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-02-2016, 12:02 AM
True. I simply think it is for being a test product when there's a better one out there. Anyone is welcome to think otherwise.

Munsu
Tue, 08-02-2016, 12:10 AM
True. I simply think it is for being a test product when there's a better one out there. Anyone is welcome to think otherwise.

In all I think One Punch Man is superior, but at the same time I think this series is more character driven, which is more to my taste. We rarely got into Saitama the character.

Not a fan of the wacky art though, but they're making it work.

If this wasn't from ONE you'd probably wouldn't be making the correlations, so there's already a bias going into it.

Anyways, I still stand by what I said in my earlier posts, this is very hit or miss.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't One Punch Man an earlier series though? Not sure if it was written prior, but at least as far as I know it was released first.

So, if that's true... maybe we should shit on OPM instead?

(Though I guess, if we're not going to shit this for being a prototype, then we can shit on it for being a copycat... lose-lose situation.)

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-02-2016, 12:21 AM
You're right. Mob was released after OPM.

Let me rephrase it then.

Mob Psycho 100 is an inferior copy of OPM hoping to profit from the same formula. It's not something I'd blame anyone, much less the author for, but it's fact. Lame.

Superiority takes precedence over precedence.

BTW, I'm not saying it's a miss. I'm saying the author is repeating himself. It's a very targeted criticism, but nonetheless valid.

Munsu
Tue, 08-02-2016, 12:22 AM
You're right. Mob was released after OPM.

Let me rephrase it then.

Mob Psycho 100 is an inferior copy of OPM hoping to profit from the same formula. It's not something I'd blame anyone, much less the author for, but it's fact. Lame.

Superiority takes precedence over precedence.

Lol, just as I was editing my post above.

Called it!

shinta|hikari
Tue, 08-02-2016, 12:29 AM
You are a precog. You can foresee truths. Respect.

Munsu
Tue, 08-02-2016, 12:31 AM
You are a precog. You can foresee truths. Respect.

I'm not one to brag.

Anyways, been fun... time to sleep.

neflight86
Fri, 08-19-2016, 02:29 AM
Episode 6 is out, and I must say that, between OPM and this... this has the more interesting, complex storytelling. Once you make peace with this not being OPM, give it another try. The story is showing some very worthwhile developments now. Don't let the first two episodes turn you off; it really does begin to gel!

Munsu
Fri, 08-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Episode 6 is out, and I must say that, between OPM and this... this has the more interesting, complex storytelling. Once you make peace with this not being OPM, give it another try. The story is showing some very worthwhile developments now. Don't let the first two episodes turn you off; it really does begin to gel!

Agree in much of what you're saying.

I'll also say, that even with the wonky art style, the action sequences look awesome.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-19-2016, 06:33 PM
This naturally has the more interesting and complex story because OPM is mostly a parody, while this actually does try to tell a typical shounen story, only with a protagonist oblivious to his own powers. I've made my peace with that difference and am now enjoying this show for what it is. In fact, that difference is what allows this show to differentiate itself from OPM and stand on its own feet.

The comedy is pretty wacky and funny.

Munsu
Mon, 08-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Episode 8:

So... like, this was an awesome episode. And dense.

Really not a fan of the art, but man the animated fights are cool as fuck.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Was awesome til the 2nd half.

I'm so sick and tired of supposedly OP protagonists not using their powers right and getting defeated by... BUG SPRAY...

And the reactions of the thugs to uh, Dragonball Z fighting, was clearly absurd. You don't watch amazed. You faint or run away.

The brother story development was great. The latter half of the fight was unsatisfying as shit. It's like Gon going berserk to kill Neferpitou and getting defeated by (IRONY!!!) bug spray.

MFauli
Tue, 08-30-2016, 03:05 AM
It was specially shit, because it made no sense. If you have an energy shield that block punches, it should also block spray.

What I wanna know: Is this 12 or 24 episods? If itīs 12, then fuck this shit. Just when we get a story finally going, itīs about to end. This has been happening sooo many times in the last couple seasons, itīs so unsatisfying. I want a nice 50+ episodes anime. Give me a complete adventure, like Eureka Seven.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-04-2016, 12:47 PM
It was obviously anti-Esper spray. Bug spray would be ridiculous.

Also, this show is good.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-04-2016, 01:00 PM
I think we all know that.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Episode 09

.................................................. .....................

GetRekt.gif right there.

I'm loving that he can still get stronger by virtue of being a novice.

MFauli
Tue, 09-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Good episode, but I hope the other Claw-members arenīt such pushovers. It was nice knowing that there are guys that can take on Mob. Now itīs looking like thatīs not true, again. Itīs more exciting when thereīs actual danger involved.

I loved how the whole brother-got-killed secen was resolved. I was already internally complaining about the lacking reaction of that one brother towards the death of the other. But then he revealed theyīre telepathically connected, so ofc he would know if his brother was really dead. Good writing.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-12-2016, 07:20 PM
HS - Episode 10

--------------------------

Master's going to be bullshitting his way through this again. Wait for it.

MFauli
Mon, 09-12-2016, 09:15 PM
I donīt see how this is going to be explained. We HEARD senseiīs thoughts, we got to know that he cannot use psychic powers. Now heīs the boss of the most powerful esper-organization and has a super powerful aura? Bullshit. I indeed hope that heīs somehow tricking Claw, although I have no idea how.

David75
Mon, 09-12-2016, 11:18 PM
Twin brother crap ?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-12-2016, 11:58 PM
Lame trash. If you're OP. your'e OP. Not half assed OP.

neflight86
Mon, 09-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Episode 12:

My favorite kind of 'misunderstanding'. I'm glad Reigen was able to incorporate 'common sense' into his comeback and explain why all of shounen is pretty much power fantasy and not worth taking as seriously as Claw is. An entertaining twist to the blatantly shounen tropes this show revels in otherwise.

MFauli
Mon, 09-26-2016, 07:22 PM
Great finale. I LOVE Reigen. Heīs what Onizuka Eikichi would be like in a world with psychics ;D

Animation during Reigenīs fight was fantastic, I love those dynamic camera angles that you donīt usually see in anime.

Now bring on season 2.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-26-2016, 08:35 PM
I knew that blond hair and flip floppy attitude reminded me of someone.

Again we get this shounen "there's another level of power!" development. Sigh. I miss my Saitama and Tatsuya-Jesus.

Munsu
Mon, 03-19-2018, 05:58 PM
Mob Psycho 100 Reigen: The Miraculous Unknown Psychic OVA:

http://nyaa.si/view/1017334/torrent

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-20-2018, 05:54 AM
That turned out to be a fairly enjoyable recap.

Munsu
Tue, 03-20-2018, 08:03 PM
That turned out to be a fairly enjoyable recap.

Wasn't aware that it was a recap, but completely agree. More importantly, season 2 has been greenlit.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-20-2018, 10:58 PM
Well a recap in effect through the eyes of Reigen.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-19-2019, 04:50 AM
S2 Episode 07

-------------------------

Reigen got burned.. then saved. I didn't expect the anime to go so far as to rip Reigen down. This shit's good.

neflight86
Wed, 02-20-2019, 06:31 PM
It's effective because it is/was easy for us to forget he is actually a fraud, and must possess a flawed character to prop up a business of at least partial lies. His breakdown of Mob's social life at first seemed out of character, but then again, his vested interests (the exclusive and on-call use of Mob's powers) had never been challenged, so we had no gauge for how Reigen would react to being put on the back-burner himself. It hurt seeing the 'straight man' get deconstructed by a cruel revenge plot and subsequent (normal and social) media circus, but he kinda deserved it. He also got depressed, considered coming clean, and only didn't because, when decision time came, he still had that defiant spark in him that made his life what is was in the first place, and things happened to work out.

I'm unclear, did Mob know he had no psychic powers from the beginning or not?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-21-2019, 11:48 AM
I'm unclear, did Mob know he had no psychic powers from the beginning or not?

It's deliberately unclear, and Mob ultimately decided that his master being a good guy was all that mattered.

Looking back, personally I feel like he didn't know all along that Reigen was powerless, because otherwise he'd have doubted him as soon as he laid eyes on Reigen. The last few episodes also had him realising that "not everything Reigen spoke of was the truth", implying that he had believed Reigen 100% up until recently. This would include Reigen's claims about his own psychic prowess.

So no, Mob didn't know Reigen was powerless from the beginning.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-26-2019, 12:22 PM

---

Well...that took a turn.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-26-2019, 02:41 PM
I'm around 80% sure they're not actually dead.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-07-2019, 10:01 AM

-------------------------

Yeah, that took a turn alright.

Someone thought "alright, time to throw in the bad guys now".

DarthEnderX
Thu, 03-07-2019, 11:27 AM
You were right about his family though.

Munsu
Wed, 03-27-2019, 06:55 PM
Spent the weekend catching up, I really love this series. It's quite unbalanced, but I just love it. I wish we spent more time with his schoolmates.

Anyways, one more episode to go for this season.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-28-2019, 12:11 AM
Boss Battle.

I hope Mob wipes the screen with the redhead's ass.

Munsu
Tue, 04-02-2019, 01:21 AM
Episode 13:

Well, don't know what to think on it at the moment, but it falls somewhere between the lines of awesome and nonsensical... maybe both? In all, a cool action display.

So what's the verdict, will we get more? One seems like the hottest ticket in town, so I figure they'll continue to milk him for now.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-02-2019, 03:25 AM
The manga has already ended, and I believe this arc takes us up to chapter 82 out of 100 chapters.

They've already done, like, 80% of the series, I can't imagine them not just finishing it at this point.

In fact, I'm kinda surprised they didn't just finish it off NOW. Going with that short 13 episode season. But I guess at the rate they've been going, there's only 6-7 episodes worth of content left...

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-02-2019, 12:13 PM
I'm annoyed that we didn't get a conclusion re: Tsubome-chan, but it was rather good at times. The first season was better overall from memory, but we still had some significant character building episodes here.

neflight86
Wed, 04-03-2019, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I actually preferred MP100 when it was subverting shounen tropes more. That we get an actual serious "us versus the bad guys" arc is kind of a let down. I kept waiting for the reveal that their plan was fundamentally flawed and unrealistic, like how Regien dissected the claws in season one. But here, it was out and out presented as a traditional shounen battle with everything on the line... and it kind of paled in comparison to other shows which spend their entire run time actually vesting the viewers in the machinations of world domination/salvation, ect... not deconstructing them. Here, it felt kind of like a fever dream of things that wouldn't happen in this world, but that's just my take.

neflight86
Thu, 10-20-2022, 09:58 AM
S3 1-3

I'm surprised this got a third season, as I figured the story it wanted to tell was largely done when MP100 shifted into a more traditional shounen arc for the last season, but apparently there is more in the tank.

This season has us returning to the more mundane story of the week, up until Dimple re-ignites his desire to take over the world. I thought he had actually given up when Mob essentially told him to, and that he was no more fit to 'rule the world' than any other villains they had faced off against. Also didn't expect the broccoli tree to be a major plot point, but it's consistent if nothing else.

MFauli
Thu, 10-20-2022, 12:06 PM
While the "more mundane" episodes are the less interesting ones to me, this season started quite nice nonetheless. Although I do question what the meaning is of another strong enemy being introduced, when we had that in season 2 already. I first thought this season might deal with Mob falling into some power trip and then having to fight becoming what he fought against in previous seasons. Now I don't know what will happen.

But it's fun, so whatever.

neflight86
Thu, 10-20-2022, 01:27 PM
Good point. He is being assaulted by mixed messages and some of that "I'm popular" stuff could go to his head... or be another subversion as this sort of thing has been in the past.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-20-2022, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure this is going to be the final season, because the manga for this has ended.

MFauli
Thu, 10-20-2022, 11:43 PM
Good point. He is being assaulted by mixed messages and some of that "I'm popular" stuff could go to his head... or be another subversion as this sort of thing has been in the past.

Thing is, the weird Mob-like spirit at the end of the episode ruined my expectation, so now I'm more thinking that Mob's stong desire "just" gave birth to that spirit. Which might then result in Mob fighting spirit-Mob, but that'd at best be a repeat of season 2's finale where two ultra-strong psychic users fight against each other.

But the anime has done well so far to not be that predictable, so I'm optimistic whatever happens will be fun. At worst we'll get fantastic animation again lol.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-21-2022, 02:15 AM
I just assumed that was Dimple posing as the Founder.

neflight86
Fri, 10-21-2022, 07:05 AM
That's what I'm getting, too. It sounded exactly like Dimple, and he was last seen broodingly storming off when Mob told him he has no involvement in the religion. He as been sucking energy from the broccoli, but not enough to put a dent into Mob by the way he was casually mentioning it earlier. Maybe it could be a manifestation of Mob's desire to have the spotlight (for once) as a spiritual manifestation that was hijacked by Dimple?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-26-2022, 10:59 PM
Anyone else have issues with your files of this crashing suddenly? All 4 episodes have done it now and it's only this show.

MFauli
Wed, 11-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Season 3 - Episode 5:

LOL, that final straw :D

neflight86
Thu, 11-03-2022, 09:32 PM
...well, it is a lame shirt.

MFauli
Thu, 11-10-2022, 08:21 PM
Season 3 - Episode 6:

... how did this show make me cry because of Dimple?! :( And sad Mobu is terrible, too. Oh man.

neflight86
Sun, 11-13-2022, 10:39 PM
Surprising ending, but totally within the style of this show. Sorry to see Dimple go, but he had a good send off.

What could possibly hope to follow that for these last six episodes?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-14-2022, 01:38 PM
Who cares about Dimple? Good riddance.

neflight86
Mon, 11-14-2022, 01:50 PM
I thought he was a good character, for how little screen time he got (his seiyuu is also one of my favorites).

MFauli
Mon, 11-14-2022, 02:36 PM
Who cares about Dimple? Good riddance.

wth is wrong with you

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-14-2022, 05:13 PM
Nothing. The bastard tried to be a god and brainwashed a ton of people ffs.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-14-2022, 09:35 PM
Nothing. The bastard tried to be a god and brainwashed a ton of people ffs.He just wanted friends...

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-15-2022, 12:45 AM
So did Hitler.

MFauli
Tue, 11-15-2022, 08:44 AM
So did Hitler.

Well that escalated quickly

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-15-2022, 01:43 PM
I want to clarify that I was joking, in case anyone didn't understand.

MFauli
Wed, 11-16-2022, 07:56 PM
Season 3 - Episode 7:

Kinda filler story, but still enjoyable. I like the telepath and the president is kinda tsundere, lol.

I kept waiting for Reigen to realize that he's in grave danger of being found out, but he hasn't so far :D

Speaking of him, he's been kinda in the background a lot. Hope he gets some nice story, too, soon.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-23-2022, 10:46 PM

---

Lol, wtf, that ending?

MFauli
Thu, 11-24-2022, 01:23 AM
WTF indeed :D

First we get a SUPER WHOLESOME story that I want as its own series.

And then a 5 minute-movie quality "kidnapped by aliens, life on another planet" side-adventure that I want as a full movie lol.

Great episode.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-01-2022, 01:48 AM

---

Next episode: The isekai starts!

MFauli
Thu, 12-01-2022, 12:49 PM
Ah, Mobu, you sleek bastard. Going for the pity-strategy. "Aww, are you okay, Mobu?! I'll stay with you, poor doggo."

MFauli
Thu, 12-08-2022, 05:24 AM
Season 3 - Episode 10:

oh my :D The overall episode was surprisingly mediocre ... mediocre-good. But the ending! Bringing back the villain of season 2 to stop Mob, nice :D

Although I still have no idea what's going on with him. Tbh I would have prefered if he had actually been hurt seriously by the car and then we got to see how the people around him truly care for him. More wholesomeness, you know. But seems the car crash triggered something in him. Will be fun when he meets up with Tsubomi-chan.

Munsu
Thu, 12-08-2022, 06:29 PM
Season 3 - Episode 10:

oh my :D The overall episode was surprisingly mediocre ... mediocre-good. But the ending! Bringing back the villain of season 2 to stop Mob, nice :D

Although I still have no idea what's going on with him. Tbh I would have prefered if he had actually been hurt seriously by the car and then we got to see how the people around him truly care for him. More wholesomeness, you know. But seems the car crash triggered something in him. Will be fun when he meets up with Tsubomi-chan.

Why are you acting surprised? This has always been in him and has been alluded to many times before in the show, in particular when he saved his brother when they were kids or some such.

To me this episode was awesome, all-time favorite to me. I'm still hurting from Dimple's last episodes, and I don't know how Mob can move on from this event after all is said and done. Feels like we're reaching the end of the rope with this series. I don't know how far along the manga we're though, but I just don't see where Mob will fit after all this destruction... unless we get some restorative BS maybe?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-09-2022, 12:38 AM
Feels like we're reaching the end of the rope with this series. I don't know how far along the manga we're thoughPretty sure we're right at the end of the manga. There wasn't very much left when the season started.

Munsu
Fri, 12-09-2022, 02:15 AM
Pretty sure we're right at the end of the manga. There wasn't very much left when the season started.

Ah that sucks, but at the same time good that it's being animated fully... hope it had a cool ending.

MFauli
Fri, 12-09-2022, 06:28 AM
Ah that sucks, but at the same time good that it's being animated fully... hope it had a cool ending.

Evil Mob uses his powers to manipulate Tsubomi-chan into loving him, Mob returns to normal and they both become a couple. The End. Anime is then cancelled into oblivion as Western Twitter rages about "date rape". >_>

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-09-2022, 08:14 AM
Anime is then cancelled into oblivion as Western Twitter rages about "date rape".Which, they would be completely right to, because that's exactly what that'd be. Not to mention, slavery as well.

Fortunately, I doubt that happens, because I'm pretty sure Western Twitter reads manga, and we'd have heard about it by now.

Munsu
Fri, 12-09-2022, 05:05 PM
Which, they would be completely right to, because that's exactly what that'd be. Not to mention, slavery as well.

Fortunately, I doubt that happens, because I'm pretty sure Western Twitter reads manga, and we'd have heard about it by now.

I haven't heard anything on ending, and I hope I don't.

MFauli
Wed, 12-14-2022, 10:36 PM
Season 3 - Episode 11:

Well, I'm glad the series is coming together nicely. This is the final season afaik, so it would have been unsatisfying had Reigen not gotten a bigger part anymore. Looking forward to a nice speech next week ^^

Oh, the father-son tag team was great, some real "Vegeta and Trunks fighting Cell" vibes.

Munsu
Fri, 12-16-2022, 06:24 PM
Season 3 - Episode 11:

Well, I'm glad the series is coming together nicely. This is the final season afaik, so it would have been unsatisfying had Reigen not gotten a bigger part anymore. Looking forward to a nice speech next week ^^

Oh, the father-son tag team was great, some real "Vegeta and Trunks fighting Cell" vibes.

Man my issue is that it seems we only have one more episode left, and current events scream to have some sort of "aftermath"... not sure if we'll have enough time for that.

MFauli
Fri, 12-16-2022, 07:05 PM
Man my issue is that it seems we only have one more episode left, and current events scream to have some sort of "aftermath"... not sure if we'll have enough time for that.

I mean, Reigen stands right before Mob, so we're literally one step from the final confrontation. Enough time for showing the aftermath imo ^^

MFauli
Wed, 12-21-2022, 08:36 PM
Final episode:

Alright, I think watching "A Dog from Flanders" opened my tear canals or something, but I was crying at several points during this episode. >_>

Reigen's final speech that brought back Mob was a bit weak, but other than that it was a great episode to conclude this series. I wouldn't mind a slice of life-sequel anime that further progresses things (where does Reigen's agency go now with the new member? When will Mob and Tsubomi start dating properly?), but it's not necessary I guess.

That there were no casualties from all the destruction Mob caused to the town was lol, but I can forgive it.

Giving it an 8/10 on my MAL list, have to think if it's worth even a 9.

Munsu
Mon, 12-26-2022, 08:20 PM
Not as good as a final episode as I was hoping, but many of the things that occurred were on point. Really loved this series from start to finish. The highlight for me was when the brought back the 1st op song for the Reigen scene, love that song.

Overall, a satisfactory conclusion to story and seeing Mob acting more natural and confident, which I guess was the point of this whole journey, was nice to see.