PDA

View Full Version : Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Pages : [1] 2

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-26-2016, 05:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bSs4XQu.jpg

The life of Satou Kazuma, a hikikomori who likes games, all too soon came to an end because of a traffic accident... It was supposed to, but when he woke up, a beautiful girl who called herself a goddess was in front of his eyes.

"Hey, I have got something a little nice for you. Wanna go to another world? You can take only one thing of your choice along with you."

"...then I'll take you."

From here on, the great adventure of subjugating the Demon King will begin for the reincarnated Kazuma... Or so one would think, but it's the labor for obtaining food, clothing and shelter that begins! Despite Kazuma wanting to live in peace, the goddess keeps causing problems one after another, and eventually, they attract the attention of the Demon King's army!?

(Source: MU)

-----------------------------

Subbed by Chihiro

This show might be good for a few laughs and chuckles. I certainly did enjoy it so far, it's a "what would happen if your life turned into an RPG"-kind of show, where MC has to level up and increases his skills and class. But everyone he meets ends up being bad at what they do (him pretty much included but he seems to be the most capable so far)
Too bad he didn't get starter money or any equipment because he decided to take that goddess with him instead of a talent or a legendary item.
But man, that look on her face when he forced her to come along was most likely priceless in his eyes.

And damn son, that female knight (why are female knights always best girls?)

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-26-2016, 05:51 PM
This is one of my favorite anime airing this season. Hilarious as hell.

MFauli
Tue, 01-26-2016, 05:56 PM
Itīs okay so far.

Kraco
Tue, 01-26-2016, 06:08 PM
Not hilarious as hell for me, but passable so far. I guess I'd prefer a bit more subtle humour in adventure shows, instead of trying to turn everything into a joke. All in all I think at the moment I like more the transferred into an RPG world setting with competent MCs (like Log Horizon or Overlord) instead of these no good people (like this and Grimgar this season). In fact I might even prefer Grimgar over this one because it doesn't feel so forced. Or might have if it didn't look so likely Grimgar is doomed to no progress due to a lack of source material. This at least seems to be getting somewhere. The dude needs to get more suitable clothes, though. That joke is beyond redemption.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Guys, this is a parody...

That means the entire thing is a joke.

Kraco
Wed, 01-27-2016, 02:26 AM
There are excellent pariodies and then there are parodies that simply reuse all the old jokes.

KrayZ33
Wed, 01-27-2016, 03:23 AM
Guys, this is a parody...

That means the entire thing is a joke.

Tale of the Shield Hero has a rather similar setting, but the MC aquires decent/awesome gear and skills.
I'd really love to see him wearing something more suited later in the story (not the adventure cape he's wearing in the picture)
...I've even seen a male-fullplate armor while googleing a picture for this thread, but it could've been the king-devil's for all I know.

MFauli
Wed, 01-27-2016, 04:00 AM
I expected a higher density of jokes. Thatīs why this showīs been rather mediocre so far.

KrayZ33
Wed, 01-27-2016, 05:23 AM
Any more and this show wouldn't have a story at all and from the premise I wouldn't expect it to become something similar to Miname-ke. The first 2 episodes were basically 100% slapstick humor.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-27-2016, 09:27 AM
There are excellent pariodies and then there are parodies that simply reuse all the old jokes.

I thought you didn't get it because you were comparing it to Overlord and Grimgar.

Kraco
Wed, 01-27-2016, 10:09 AM
I thought you didn't get it because you were comparing it to Overlord and Grimgar.

There are only a few specific genres that I could imagine myself incapable of enjoying intrinsically, such as yaoi. Otherwise I was speaking here of the level of entertainment I derive from series. For a while now I've been enjoying more the badass MC setting, no matter if it's comedic (parodic) or serious, than the weakling/underdog one. That is not to say an exquisite series of the other type couldn't click perfectly for me, but unfortunately this one doesn't. Although that being said, I wouldn't have kept watching this if I considered this bad. Choosing the goddess as his reward item already scored high points from me. However, sticking the lousy, uncool clothes doesn't. I bloody hated it in Zero no Tsukaima, and I'm not gonna love it here even if this show considers it mighty parody.

Kraco
Sat, 01-30-2016, 10:58 AM
Episode 3 - HS

- - - - - -

I have to admit this episode was funny, largely thanks to the M knight and Kazuma's exceptionally proficient pilfering skills. He would have made even Issei proud.

MFauli
Sat, 01-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Meh, the knight is stupid. Kazumaīs team needs offensive power, not a shield.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Wow, another series that you don't understand the concept of.

Color me shocked.

Hint: This series is a comedy.

MFauli
Sat, 01-30-2016, 11:51 AM
Wow, another series that you don't understand the concept of.

Color me shocked.

Hint: This series is a comedy.

LOL
On a crusade, eh? :D

Itīs comedy. I made a comment.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Not much of a comment, just more whining that the writers didn't write what you wanted.

Their team is clearly supposed to be abysmally terrible. Three elite classes that are completely worthless. The best fighter in their group is the weakest class with pretty terrible stats.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-30-2016, 12:17 PM
And he isn't even a good fighter at all.

@Mfauli - It might be a good idea to write your own story to get rid of the stress you get from things not going the way you want.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 01-30-2016, 12:38 PM
Well...first time I've seen a masochistic Tank. Works well I'd say.

MFauli
Sat, 01-30-2016, 01:21 PM
I made a comment. I didnīt demand there to be a more offensive member, just that itīd make sense. But itīs not necessary cause its comedy. Itīd be different with GATE.

@Mfauli - It might be a good idea to write your own story to get rid of the stress you get from things not going the way you want.

I would. But semester finals begin on monday, so im kinda nervous about that already.

Kraco
Thu, 02-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Episode 4 - HS

- - - - -

It's kind of strange the lieutenant of the devil king is one of the more civilized and decent folks around. Though of course it fits this series since every single character seems to be a deviant of some fashion.

The daily routine, whether it rained or was sunny, made me appreciate more the explosion girl. Not necessarily as a combat asset but as a character and personality. She would be highly useful for a platoon or perhaps a company inside an army but not really a small group of adventurers. At the very least actually putting her to good use would require quite crafty planning and meticulous execution of those plans to get anything worthwhile done. But then again, the worthless MC seems perfectly content on wasting his life in that boring town instead of actually going on adventures, so I guess it's all good. And no, I don't count accepting some few hours simpleton mission as an adventure. It's just an errand.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Well, the dullahan was a former knight, as he said.

I find Kazuma strange for not having raped Darkness yet.

Kraco
Thu, 02-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Well, the dullahan was a former knight, as he said.

But obviously he went bad since he's serving the lord of evil now.

I find Kazuma strange for not having raped Darkness yet.

Indeed. Considering Aqua managed to blackmail him due to his nightly activity, he's no Yuuki Rito. But who knows, maybe he doesn't want to rape anyone, and Darkness, on the other hand, wouldn't want it any other way than as a rape, so their interests conflict badly.

MFauli
Thu, 02-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Every guy would love to rape a cute girl. So your statement makes no sense.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-04-2016, 10:40 AM
It's not rape if she likes it.

See what I did there?

EDIT @ Mfauli - I don't. Even rape doujins make me limp. You're just sick.

MFauli
Thu, 02-04-2016, 10:50 AM
If you give me the chance to prove you wrong, Iīll send you a link to rape-doujin that will make you cum no matter if you say "i dont like that" or not. Wanna try or chicken out?

And just for the record: Iīm not saying every guy wants to commit real rape. But every guy loves the fantasy.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
That's why I said I don't love that fantasy. If anything, I'm more of an M guy.

You can send me anything you want, and I may think it's pretty good from an artistic POV, but I will always choose sadistic lolis over rape stories.

MFauli
Thu, 02-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Challenge accepted. Check your PMs!

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Okay, as requested I'm replying here.

Not to be insulting, but the links you sent me had mediocre (read: bad) art compared to most H manga nowadays. To be clear, I've read a bit of rape stuff, all with much better art than what you recommended. I just don't get off on it.

I actually can make use of H manga that have characters like Darkness, who actually like the "rape" situation. What turns me off is the concept of forcing your partner. Strange enough, I enjoy NTR from time to time.

MFauli
Fri, 02-05-2016, 03:10 AM
WTF

Your taste in art is off. BlackDog is THE best artist. Maybe not as detailed as other artistsī, but so damn hot.

Youīre weird :/

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-05-2016, 02:07 PM
Is he trolling? - He is trolling.
Just went on exh. to look it up, holy crap is that some ugly trash art.

If you are actually looking for some quality stuff look up (from rape/ntr etc. to vanilla) : MTSP (Jin), Udon-Ya, Shinozuka Yuuji, Hanzaki Jirou, Enuma Elish, Pinvise, NaPaTa, Gunma, Homunculus and of course shiwasu no okina - you sick fuck, obviously I've never seen any of their works, just so we are clear, so don't ask me.... and if I ever have - it was because of the story!

Damnit man, sheesh...

And now I have something to do for the next 15 minutes or so.... Wow this room here sure needs to be vacuumed...

MFauli
Fri, 02-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Lol, we have a hentai noob! :D

I just explained that to shinta: in terms of pure technique, BlackDog might not be number 1. But his skills are good enough, so combining it with his unique artstyle and his feeling for story telling sets him apart from all other hentai artists that might excel in detailed drawings, but not the complete package.

I canīt even being to count the number of times Iīve fapped to his Sailor Moon-doujins. Heīs a god amongst gods.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-05-2016, 03:38 PM
I guess he captures the old sailor moon animation level quiet well, which was shit-tier too.... heh.

With all seriousness though, that art "style" (which is lack of skill tbh.) is an instant "skip" in my book. Whether it's H related or just normal manga stuff.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-05-2016, 03:45 PM
At this point Megumin is by far the most endearing of the heroines. Aqua is a moron of the highest degree (and not in a cute way, she's a dumbass and deserves everything that's happened to her because she's...kinda a terrible person), Darkness internally tortured between her duties and desires...but Megumin?

Megumin just wants to blow shit up. No reason in particular but the satisfaction alone of doing it. She even had Kazuma take her farther out because she listens to the guard's protests that she's been blowing up things too close to town. She even almost felt bad when Dullahan declared how panicked he felt.

After this episode, it is hard to imagine any backsliding in Kazuma and Megumin's understanding of each other.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-05-2016, 03:57 PM
Megumin best girl. That name. Those party tricks though... Aqua is awesome just for that.

Couldn't they farm like crazy if they get Darkness to pull mobs, then Megumin can blow them up (along with Darkness, far enough from the epicenter to not die), and then get Aqua to heal her? Kazuma can just take command since his entire team seems to be retarded. And carry Megumin while gripping that tight loli ass on the way home, too.

MFauli
Fri, 02-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Btw was there ANY reason behind Megumin repeatedly exploding the castle, other than "I like explosions, duh"? Because I must have missed that. Felt stupid.

And yes, Megumin is best girl. Unfortunately, we have yet another case of a gay hero.

And I have no words for all the BlackDog bashing in here. Insanity.

Kraco
Fri, 02-05-2016, 05:20 PM
It's called training. Kind of like if you do muscle training, you need to repeat the same stuff over and over. Then you gradually get better. Just like Megumin's explosions against the castle.

MFauli
Fri, 02-05-2016, 05:38 PM
But Megminīs explosions didnīt get better. The hero himself told us with his thoughts how sometimeīs her explosions were better, sometimes worse, and how he learnt to differentiate between the different qualities of her magic. But there was no indication of Megumin improving. Hence my question.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Megumin likes explosions because they are cool. If she wanted to become stronger, she'd learn other more useful spells. That's her core character. I can't believe people are even discussing this.

It's a parody, guys.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-05-2016, 06:07 PM
She repeatedly attacked the castle because it was a "safe" place to blow up repeatedly. Far enough away from the city, where there would be visible effects, and excellent visibility of the explosions due to its elevated location.

They just didn't realize (or care) that there might have been things or people in there. It looked abandoned.

Good enough.

MFauli
Fri, 02-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Yeah, but ... WHY? Why would the hero agree to carry here back everyday, only because she likes explosions? Thatīs too dumb, even for a parody, lol.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-05-2016, 06:19 PM
That's exactly why it is a parody. Because IT IS dumb. Like a masochistic crusader, and a retarded goddess...

Kraco
Fri, 02-05-2016, 06:26 PM
She's a teenage girl. Of course she gets better by training and growing up. That she didn't show huge development in the very short time (and very limited spells cast) isn't an indication of anything at all. She can only cast the spell once a day, so let's get back to this topic if she's no better after 5 years. Not that I'd expect this show to span such a length of time.

There's no law stating that you can't like your training and thus do it also for fun. In fact I know lots and lots of people love their training, whatever it happens to be. But it's still called training. Although I guess there's always someone else to be found who never acknowledge's another person's area of interest and calls it a waste of time.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-05-2016, 07:01 PM
But she wasn't training, at least not intentionally. She was just blowing shit up because she liked using explosion. That's what makes her funny!

And I think their world has game like levels and stats, which means that like Darkness's unreasonable toughness, they get it by leveling up (i.e. defeating monsters, finishing quests), not training normally. It's like how you won't level up in an RPG no matter how many times you swing your sword or cast Firaga if you don't kill anything.

Kraco
Sat, 02-06-2016, 02:11 AM
But she wasn't training, at least not intentionally. She was just blowing shit up because she liked using explosion. That's what makes her funny!

And I think their world has game like levels and stats, which means that like Darkness's unreasonable toughness, they get it by leveling up (i.e. defeating monsters, finishing quests), not training normally. It's like how you won't level up in an RPG no matter how many times you swing your sword or cast Firaga if you don't kill anything.

There's no other way to train explosion magic than to make things explode. Who knows if she killed anything but critters and birds with the big explosion, but the castle surely suffered grand damage. Aside from some earth magic, explosion magic would be the only magic to damage structures so easily (relatively speaking). If causing major damage to a defensive structure gives you no experience, it's one shitty world. It's no use to compare this to an existing RPG since they all have static worlds. I mean, in a real scenario an explosion magician's very function could be to blow away the whole gate of an enemy castle to allow troops to get in.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-06-2016, 10:05 AM
It's no use to compare this to an existing RPG

LOL, except they have status cards and learn skills and magic using skill points. They even get EXP rewards from quests and level up (i.e. get stronger) by catching cabbages. It's clearly a game world, and my point is it's no use to compare this to the real one because of that fact.

Kraco
Sat, 02-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Oh, yeah? Well, I'm not much of a gamer to be honest, so the RPGs with a fully destroyable environment have escaped me. Man, haven't I missed such features when my top level dude hasn't been able to get through a wooden door due to a missing key, even though the mofo can single-handedly take down horrible monsters and should thus be able to tear down stone walls, not only rotten doors. My mistake then.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-06-2016, 10:50 AM
So instead of focusing on the leveling aspect (which is directly related to your idea of training), you are focusing on how the castle got damaged? Brilliant!

Putting aside that irrelevant conversation, Megumin clearly wasn't bombing stuff to train. She stated herself that she needed to shoot one explosion a day or she'll die (an exaggeration, but it clearly shows she just wants to do it for the kicks). So even if she did get stronger by bombing a castle, she did not do it with that intention.

Kraco
Sat, 02-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Why is it irrelevant? If that game mechanics world allows one to destroy the environment, like it obviously does, so why wouldn't she gain experience from destroying the castle of the evil overlord's lieutenant? Of course the world creator might be an asshole who only deals out exp from slaying living and undead things, but that's clearly unfair since an explosion spell like that isn't obviously meant for massacring one monster after another to gain points. Like I said earlier, it would even have unique but highly useful uses under not even so special circumstances.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-06-2016, 02:06 PM
It's irrelevant because my original point was that Megumin was not blowing stuff up to train, like you said she did in your earlier posts. So even if she did get EXP from it (something we can't prove with the material given to us no matter how much we argue), it won't matter.

Kraco
Sat, 02-06-2016, 03:10 PM
My Japanese isn't good enough so I can't say for sure what they are saying, but in the HS release's subs at 07:00 the MC dude asks Megumin that if she wants to do magical training, why can't she go on her own. Megumin answers by asking who would then carry her back home. So, she didn't deny at all the training part, only that she can't do it alone.

It's not like I got stuck on training purely out of my own hat, you know. I just didn't realise this argument was stuck on technicalities. But if it's that, then I'm only following what the ep itself seemed to suggest, assuming the translation was correct.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-06-2016, 03:47 PM
That magical training comment is exactly what it means by getting stuck on technicalities. I've been looking at the broader picture from the very beginning. This show is a parody, and Megumin's entire character is built around her love for explosions. She doesn't do it because she wants to become stronger. She does it because she wants to. That's it. Doing it to become stronger kills the entire joke. And that's what that series of scenes was. A joke.

Just because Megumin doesn't deny that she is doing magical training, it doesn't prove that's her intention for blasting the same castle every single day. What does prove her love for explosions is every second of her screen time so far, which is in essence "I love explosions."

So to summarize:
Mfauli said that her blowing up the castle was pointless.
You said she was doing it for training.
I said she is doing it because she loves explosions.

Everyone else can judge who they think sounds right.

MFauli
Sat, 02-06-2016, 03:52 PM
Can we just make peace with each other and seal that peace by shinta making me a hot signature pic featuring Megumin, focus on her ass?

(seriously, shinta, I need a new one *sob*)

Kraco
Sat, 02-06-2016, 04:29 PM
So to summarize:
Mfauli said that her blowing up the castle was pointless.
You said she was doing it for training.
I said she is doing it because she loves explosions.

I'm pretty sure I have been saying all the time that she loves explosions and thus she's constantly training her explosion magic. When people love something, they naturally want to get better at it. That's just common sense and basic human nature. Just imagine how happy she would be if she could cause a huge explosion twice a day, not just once. That's what training is all about. Even if they are stuck in an RPG world, these characters are still people, not brainless NPCs following a pre-programmed daily schedule.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-06-2016, 04:39 PM
And what I'm saying is that she isn't training. She casts explosion because she loves it. If anything, her "magic training" is just an excuse to have someone carry her back.

Even if she didn't get any better at explosions by practicing it, she'd still be casting one a day, which is her max. She said as much to everyone in the Dullahan scene. That's what makes her funny.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying she doesn't want to become better at it. I'm saying that isn't her main motive for using it. That comes after her love for explosions.

The reason why I'm so insistent about this seemingly minor thing is because it is the cornerstone of Megumin's character. She is supposed to have a ridiculous love for explosions. Labeling that ridiculous castle bombing scene as valid training takes away from the hilarity of her personality.

And once again, this is a parody and a comedy. It's not supposed to be realistic. It's not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to make fun of the genre and tropes. That's why it makes more sense (meta-wise) for Megumin to wanna blow stuff up for the kicks. Otherwise, it's just... logical and boring.

We're just repeating stuff now, so we can just agree to disagree here.

Kraco
Sat, 02-06-2016, 05:13 PM
We're just repeating stuff now, so we can just agree to disagree here.

That's cool with me because there is one thing we do agree on: She's a fine, hilarious character.

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Megumin is my favorite character in this show.

She's clearly fooling around alot but at times I start to believe that her only flaw is that she loves explosion magic over everything else.
She's probably not even a bad mage, she might even know how to deal with stuff properly - the thing is however, she just doesn't want to and I'm totally fine with that. If explosion magic is in the "game", they should balance it somehow to make it viable :D

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-06-2016, 07:15 PM
It's already plenty viable. She just needs the proper team and tactics to use it well.

And to never enter a dungeon.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 02-06-2016, 09:24 PM
This show is awesome! the random comedy is epic. I wouldn't mind this show lasting more than 12/13 episodes. Darkness is a dream girl, despite being anime. :)

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-06-2016, 09:34 PM
You double S you.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 02-07-2016, 03:55 AM
Is that a play on my name? lol

Kraco
Wed, 02-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Episode 5 - HS

- - - - - -

This show is growing on me remarkably. I feel like I enjoy every episode more than the previous one.

The real hero, compared to the MC, was handled exceptionally well here, as well as his worthless sidekicks. I blame a picture of a shark cage I saw just today while browsing some news sites for the fact I guessed beforehand how the lake and monsters situation would be solved. It was still hilarious, of course, especially how Aqua didn't anymore want to leave the cage afterwards.

David75
Wed, 02-10-2016, 03:43 PM
I saw the cage idea too.
And I smirked a lot throughout the ep. Nice humor here and there.

KrayZ33
Wed, 02-10-2016, 04:26 PM
It's episode 5... right? Did I miss one?

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 02-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Kazuma did exactly what I thought he would do with that sword.

Kraco
Thu, 02-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Kazuma did exactly what I thought he would do with that sword.

He couldn't use it, nor does he have a house to fill with loot. Understandable.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-17-2016, 10:16 AM
This show is pretty nice, but a overhyped. OPM must have ruined parodies for me.

I must say that I had a more complex solution to the lake quest involving some sort of aquaduct / water-diversion-system. A cage works too I guess.

As for Black Dog, he draws adequately long H-scenes. If you're MFauli, one doujin might be all it takes.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-17-2016, 12:24 PM
How is it overhyped? I think people thought this was trash before it aired.

Kraco
Wed, 02-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Indeed. I thought this was inconsequential still after the first episodes. That's like the opposite of hyped.

Kraco
Wed, 02-17-2016, 02:49 PM
Episode 6 - HS

- - -- - --

It was pretty obvious the bill was coming. After all, it was Megumin's fault the Dullahan decided to attack the town in the first place. They even got a fair warning when the undead visited the first time, but she just kept going back. Although this is a comedy show, so you could never be sure, but if the Dullahan had attacked unprovoked, the wall could have simply been labelled collateral damage, but as things are, this is clearly quite justifiend.

That being said, Kazuma's suffering is unfair since they were purely Megumin and Aqua's mistakes he knew nothing about. He should extract compensation from them. In one form or another.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-17-2016, 03:16 PM
This is all because of Aqua's extremely low luck stat. I think if Kazuma just ditched her, he'd have a gigantic harem of CAPABLE females.

Then again, he might not have met Megumin, so this is fine too.

MFauli
Wed, 02-17-2016, 04:59 PM
I mean, itīs a parody anime, alright. Still, itīs dumb to have the heroes pay for collateral damage. Had Aqua not used her magic, the Dullahan would have killed the whole town. Howīs that preferable?

He should extract compensation from them. In one form or another.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Kazuma's party was the reason the Dullahan even attacked in the first place.

Kraco
Wed, 02-17-2016, 05:48 PM
It's even worse than that. The Dullahan did practically speaking nothing at all when he visited the town for the first time. He only told the townsfolk to leave the old castle in peace and not come blow it up every day. He did curse Darkness, but it's inconsequential since she was saved minutes later. It's exceedingly probable he wouldn't have come back if indeed Megumin had switched to another target. So, for all intents and purposes the bonehead duo Megumin/Aqua in fact brought the Dullahan back willfully. It's quite lucky the whole group wasn't sent to the gallows afterwards. They weren't even fined for endangering the whole town for no reason whatsoever. Paying for the wall is nothing at all. I'd assume they avoided harsher punishments because now the town can feel proud of having defeated the demon king's lieutenant, even if there was no real need for them to do it.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 02-18-2016, 12:51 AM
How is it overhyped? I think people thought this was trash before it aired.

I'll use overrated then.

Perverted knight more or less saved this anime. The other two are quirky, but not outright funny like she is.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-18-2016, 08:31 AM
I think the comedy is more effective on people who are sick of the MMORPG/World transport genre. Most of the jokes really attack the tropes pinpoint.

MFauli
Thu, 02-18-2016, 02:31 PM
The joke density just isnt there. Too much of the time it is a medicore lookalike of the exact anime it is parodying the rest of the time. Itīd be better if it was like Baka to Test to Shoukanju, where one joke hits the next.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-18-2016, 02:33 PM
It's actually too dense already. There is almost no non-joke content. If you don't think so, that's because you're missing or not getting them, which leads me back to my point that this is for people who are sick of the MMORPG/World Transport theme. Otherwise, you'd think that the show is just doing the same thing at some points without making fun of it.

Kraco
Thu, 02-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Although I like this show a lot now, it doesn't change what I said earlier: Many of the jokes are too obvious and worn-out. So much so that they are already present in the "serious" shows that this is supposed to be parodying. Or maybe that's because nobody writes deadly serious stories of this type anymore. They might be too goofy. Log Horizon might be as serious as it gets anymore. Or at least I hope so if the alternative is bullshit like SAO.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-18-2016, 03:08 PM
I honestly hope people just stop making MMORPG/World Transfer stories. The only reason you guys are still able to stomach these things is because you don't read light novels.

This gets a pass because it's a parody, but anything else just sucks, like Grimgar and Gate.

MFauli
Thu, 02-18-2016, 03:50 PM
I want more "trapped inside VMMORPG"-stories, so long till they get it right.

- SAO was perfect for the first couple episodes. Then itīs ruined by Kirito getting a harem and becoming "the chosen one"
- Log Horizon was super interesting ... until the story got lost in a too broad attempt at world building
- Overlord was fun to watch (and please let there be a season 2), but itīs basically parody, already
- Grimgar could have been the best attempt, if it didnīt implode due to the shit pacing
- Danmachi was a mix of parody/not-adventure
- what else is there?

I mean, how hard is it to just make a great anime where players are trapped inside a VMMORPG, actively looking for a way out, meanwhile interacting with npcs and stuff, while having cool battles? It almost writes itself. Get the pacing right, keep a balance between world building and main plot, have a main character who has to work for his goal, who isnīt granted everything just because heīs hot/popular. Thatīs it.

Basically, reboot SAO, make Klein the main character, et voila.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-18-2016, 03:52 PM
They already rebooted SAO (http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Art-Online-Progressive-Vol/dp/0316259365), and it's much better than the original with most of the fixes you mentioned.

Get what I mean about you guys not reading LNs? If you thought it was overused in anime, multiply that 100x in LNs.

MFauli
Thu, 02-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Maybe, but I no way will read some shitty text-only anime.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Well, it has some images, in case you didn't know.

KonoSuba is also based off a light novel. I actually think the novel is funnier because it bombards you with the jokes. I think volume 1 covered episodes 1-6 of the anime.

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-20-2016, 06:08 AM
I haven't seen so many funny side/main-characters in quite some time... the best part is, they are all funny in a different kind of way. That squad is priceless.

I'm actually really suprised at how Darkness keeps me laughing even though her "theme" and "joke" is being reused over and over and over.
Normally, it would start to annoy me at some point, because it would start to get old by now , but I don't see this happening. I'm already at the point where I know exactly what she's thinking and trying to do but in the end I'm still catched off-guard whenever she starts to embrace the pain.

Even Aqua has her moments and here I thought she'd be "the unlikeable bitch" in this show.

Kraco
Sat, 02-20-2016, 07:51 AM
Even Aqua has her moments and here I thought she'd be "the unlikeable bitch" in this show.

It's more like she's unbelievably stupid but still very competent at her own magic and with the pride of a goddess. Her luck stat is apparently as low as it can get, but in reality I think her ill fortune is due to her lack of brains.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-20-2016, 09:51 AM
She actually has amazing stats, like a one in a decade prodigy. Her INT and LUK are just terrible, I mean, getting pulled by Kazuma to another world like that because she made fun of him.

David75
Sat, 02-20-2016, 10:09 AM
She actually has amazing stats, like a one in a decade prodigy. Her INT and LUK are just terrible, I mean, getting pulled by Kazuma to another world like that because she made fun of him.
And truth be told, she had every right to laugh at his miserable death :D

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-20-2016, 10:22 AM
A goddess laughing at a soul, no matter how pathetic the death was, is terrible. And that's exactly her personality: TERRIBLE.

Darkness and Megumin are like goddesses compared to self-centered Aqua. However, that is exactly what makes her hilarious. She's like the opposite of Belldandy.

Kraco
Sat, 02-20-2016, 11:39 AM
To be fair, if she had any wits, she would be far more crushed by her fate of being trapped in that world in a mortal form. Only by being so stupid, she still finds herself enjoying her existence there surprisingly consistently.

David75
Sat, 02-20-2016, 01:05 PM
A goddess laughing at a soul, no matter how pathetic the death was, is terrible. And that's exactly her personality: TERRIBLE.

Darkness and Megumin are like goddesses compared to self-centered Aqua. However, that is exactly what makes her hilarious. She's like the opposite of Belldandy.

of course it's a great mistake as a goddess. It's true it's the same "unreasonable" wish setting we had with Belldandy and K1. But the background couldn't be more different. Belldandy had a crush on K1, probably because they already met in various subplots and even if they both forgot about it.
Here Aqua is demoted to a mortal tied to a lowlife loser. Quite harsh for a laughter, even if a great blunder as a goddess.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-20-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm actually really suprised at how Darkness keeps me laughing even though her "theme" and "joke" is being reused over and over and over.
Normally, it would start to annoy me at some point, because it would start to get old by now , but I don't see this happening. I'm already at the point where I know exactly what she's thinking and trying to do but in the end I'm still catched off-guard whenever she starts to embrace the pain.

I like her the best because she's hilariously perverted yet is able to trick any new bystander into thinking she's a noble knight.

The other two are much more easily read in comparison. I'm actually disappointed that Aqua's lack of luck doesn't affect her more. This is mainly due to my (misplaced) expectations that her luck would render her abilities completely useless to that of Kazuma. Instead, her abilities still get the job done, just with collateral that zap her revenue.

On the other hand, Kazuma's luck makes sure he consistently steals the best possible item. The opposite of this is how I expected it to work.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-20-2016, 09:36 PM
I actually think Aqua is pretty useless. Her abilities are literally goddess-tier. In the hands of a smarter and less unlucky person, it would've gone light years ahead of what she has done so far. She could've killed the Dullahan by herself, become a hero, declared her godhood, and reigned over her own religion. Her abilities are that broken (she friggin tsunami'd a city).

Instead, Kazuma ordered her around just to make minimal use of her spells, and even then she is doing more harm than good. She was actually the reason the Dullahan attacked again. She carried Megumin back from her explosion trips after Kazuma stopped doing so.

I love all these kids.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-20-2016, 10:52 PM
I liked how much she was upset by being called "dummy-gami" or however it would be spelled. The more fired up she gets, the dumber she seems to get.

Kraco
Wed, 02-24-2016, 04:28 PM
Episode 7 - HS

- - - - -

The other goddess certainly seemed a whole lot better. Especially much smarter.

Kazuma deserved to die. What sort of a bird brain doesn't first drop his own sword before worrying about others?

It's pretty funny the rest of the group is composed of such grand incompetents that even somebody like Kazuma is so sorely missed.

MFauli
Wed, 02-24-2016, 07:05 PM
This episode didnīt make sense, even for a parody. They get 100k per killed snow spirit, ok. Kazuma killed 3, witch girl at least 8. So why did they get only the reward for the one they captured (or would have gotten, sigh)?

Also, it sucks how gay Kazuma is. If I were him, Iīd be banging all those girls. When damegami begged him to not leave her alone with her debt in the beginning, Iīd have said "okay, suck my dick right now". And masochist knight girl is so desperate to violate, Iīd simply DO it. And witch girl seems to like Kazuma anyway.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Huh? What told you that they only got a reward for one? They DIDN'T get a reward for the captured one. They have to kill those things to get rewards. Most of the money they earn goes to the debt. You need to pay more attention before complaining.

And about your next paragraph, I kinda get why you aren't getting dates now...

MFauli
Wed, 02-24-2016, 10:42 PM
There debt should be neutralized by now. Afaik they were 300 000 in debt.

And about your next paragraph, I kinda get why you aren't getting dates now...

Come on. :/
It its completely reasonable to complain about this trope.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-25-2016, 12:09 AM
Complaining is cool, but the constant "I wanna violate women" vibe really isn't. Taking that down a few notches might make you more popular.

340 million - 300 million = 300,000?

Working on your math might make you more popular too.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 02-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Well it does seem like a good place to grind if you can outrun or apologize to the Winter Shogun. Kill around 400 and your debt is gone. And come on....that Explosion only got 8?

MFauli
Thu, 02-25-2016, 06:51 AM
Well, not only do I not have any of the "I wanna violate women" vibe outside the internet, but also should I probably not take romantic advise from Mr Loli. I mean ... more power to you :>

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-25-2016, 08:22 AM
Sure, keep telling yourself that. Nice parry on failing math btw.

@Neo - I think the shogun will only forgive them once. It'd be odd if they can keep going back over and over.

MFauli
Thu, 02-25-2016, 10:36 AM
I have no idea what their original debt was, pulled the 300k out of my ass, still, it seemed as if they didnīt get ANY reward.

And L O L, trying to paint me as a women hater or what? Idiot.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-25-2016, 10:43 AM
I never said you're a woman hater. In fact, you seem to love them too much.

Pulling information out of your ass, especially if you miss by a couple of decimal places, is not a good way to argue, much less criticize anything.

MFauli
Thu, 02-25-2016, 10:56 AM
I learn all my debate skills from watching the Republican Presidential Debates (tonight is the next one!), guess Iīll have to work on my Trump-game. Numbers donīt matter!!1

And how much I love women doesnīt matter. I can make rape jokes online and be perfectly reasonable and nice offline.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-25-2016, 11:03 AM
Sure, keep telling yourself that. Nothing matters in anything anyway.

MFauli
Thu, 02-25-2016, 11:31 AM
Looks like somebody wants a dance-off

Kraco
Wed, 03-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Episode 8 - HS

- - -- -

Even though it feels like an episode was skipped, this was quite a funny one. Furthermore, it was nice to see the girls in more casual clothes. Too bad essential details only briefly mentioned in haphazard flashbacks flattened the plot dramatically. I wonder if it was like this also in the novel or if this was a brilliant decision by the director.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 03-06-2016, 03:26 AM
I love the comedy this shows offers. I wish this show could go on for 1000 episodes.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-06-2016, 10:44 AM
@Kraco - IIRC, the novels showed the Wiz meeting etc. normally, so the flashbacks are anime style choices.

MFauli
Sun, 03-06-2016, 12:08 PM
The lich ability Kazuma gained is almost too unfairly perfect for their group. Theyīre totally set up for taking down even the worst enemies now:

- Megumin uses explosion spell of the highest level
- if that fails to finish it:
- Aqua is a useless goddess with enormous MP
- Kazuma uses his lich ability to transfer energy from her to Megumin
- Megumin can use her highest caliber explosive spell again
- meanwhile, Darkness protects the group as their shield
- rinse and repeat until everything in sight is vaporized

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-06-2016, 12:49 PM
I love the comedy this shows offers. I wish this show could go on for 1000 episodes.

I agree.

the puppets pressing against that huge window were creepy as fuck.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Read the light novels after this is done. It's been selling like hotcakes in Japan since this show aired.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Will do most likely. I hope the comedy translates just as well into the books. Having their voices in my mind will probably help alot.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-06-2016, 02:12 PM
I actually think the books are funnier because the jokes keep coming as fast as you can read them, and you can easily ignore those that fall flat.

BTW, the translated novels got DMCAd, so you can only read the "fan fiction" for free.

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Why do you suggest reading it then, silly.

By the time Yen Press or whoever, releases a volume, it's 2017. Just like with Overlord + Dungeon

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-06-2016, 03:38 PM
You didn't get me. It's "fan fiction (http://skythewood.blogspot.com/p/gifting-wonderful-world-with-blessings.html)."

KrayZ33
Sun, 03-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Let's say I don't get it 100%, did they change names or something or what are they trying to do/why don't they just continue anyway if they do that.

edit: Well I'm glad someone is translating this, and I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat or disrespect the effort they put into it translating it, and I WILL read it anyway because it's not awful, but the translator could really use some help. Someone to proofread his work.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-06-2016, 06:08 PM
They got DMCAd. They took down the translations. Instead, they posted "fan fiction," which is so good, it's practically the real thing. ;)

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 03-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Ep 9 is out!

TITS! Tit's everywhere!

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-09-2016, 07:47 PM
I used to think that animation quality mattered little in gag shows like this. I WAS SO WRONG.

Why the fuck did this show not get the money KyoAni wasted on that Musaigen crap?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-09-2016, 08:28 PM
Ep 9 is out!

TITS! Tit's everywhere!

And bra-less at that. I thought something was funny as soon as I saw it.

Also, "in-dream" Kazuma is exactly like how I imagine MFauli to be.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Only much much fatter.

Kraco
Thu, 03-10-2016, 03:09 AM
Poor newbie succubus. Fortunately she was saved. Kazuma should have got a room from an inn for that night, though.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Poor newbie succubus. Fortunately she was saved. Kazuma should have got a room from an inn for that night, though.

He was trying to not be suspicious.

Somehow Aqua's luck was better than his.

Kraco
Thu, 03-10-2016, 07:33 AM
He was trying to not be suspicious.

I'm not sure how contracting a succubus to sneak into their house in the middle of the night is anything but suspicious. If he was living alone, it would be a different thing, but he's sharing the building with three others who knew nothing of this deal. Do those three really care so much about him that if he had told them he's going to spend the night out with some buddies drinking, singing, and playing games till the morning, they would have gone out of their way (abandoning the delicious crab dishes) to stalk him? I think not. Megumin cares only about explosion magic, everything else is secondary and only so that she can keep living till the next day to use explosion magic again. Darkness is an honourable knight who wouldn't have suspected Kazuma for a second. Aqua... Might have caused trouble if that free food and booze hadn't be there. But with them there, there would have been a zero chance.

MFauli
Thu, 03-10-2016, 08:32 AM
Only much much fatter.

LOL, fuck you! :D

And unfortunately, Iīm more like Kazumi in general - meaning that Iīd only behave like that in my dreams, too ;P

Anyway, even for a parody, this is stupid. So are all males in this world supposed to be asexual? "If some adventurer flirted with a female adventurer, the others would instantly beat him to a pulp", okay. So sex is prettay much illegal?!

And poor Kazuma canīt even get to bang in his dreams. Omg, I hate this interruption so much. Seriously, canīt the make an OVA where Kazuma goes through with his "dream" about Darkness? :>

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Kazuma's mistake was forgetting that no matter how dumb Aqua is, she is still a goddess with maxed stats and imba skills. That succubus would probably be able to sneak into a normal mansion without being detected, but Aqua's barrier and traps are another matter.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-10-2016, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure how contracting a succubus to sneak into their house in the middle of the night is anything but suspicious. If he was living alone, it would be a different thing, but he's sharing the building with three others who knew nothing of this deal. Do those three really care so much about him that if he had told them he's going to spend the night out with some buddies drinking, singing, and playing games till the morning, they would have gone out of their way (abandoning the delicious crab dishes) to stalk him? I think not. Megumin cares only about explosion magic, everything else is secondary and only so that she can keep living till the next day to use explosion magic again. Darkness is an honourable knight who wouldn't have suspected Kazuma for a second. Aqua... Might have caused trouble if that free food and booze hadn't be there. But with them there, there would have been a zero chance.

If he doesn't go to parties regularly then yes, this would sound suspicious. Aqua may well have followed him or ask to be invited. Then when he gets there he can't even drink because it'll screw up his dreams!.

I think it's more weird to think that someone would set up a barrier around their home in a safe town like theirs. It's the first we've heard of it (they didn't tell us about setting barriers around the stable), and from what we know the ghost infestation was due to Aqua blocking off the graveyard anyway.

And unfortunately, Iīm more like Kazumi in general - meaning that Iīd only behave like that in my dreams, too ;P

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

MFauli
Thu, 03-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Yeah, well ... FUCK YOU then!!1 :P

Why would you behave any differently in your dreams? Gotta have fun!

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-10-2016, 03:26 PM
@Buff - It's Kazuma's mistake not to check for everything when he knows he has a ticking (dumb) time bomb around. If he knew he was getting a visitor, he should've casually asked if there were any hindrances to entry, like barriers and traps.

Of course, I'm not being serious. It wouldn't be funny if Kazuma managed to foil his party members' antics.

Kraco
Thu, 03-10-2016, 03:50 PM
If he doesn't go to parties regularly then yes, this would sound suspicious. Aqua may well have followed him or ask to be invited. Then when he gets there he can't even drink because it'll screw up his dreams!.

You must not have noticed how Aqua was the person who enjoyed the most the crab and booze Darkness arranged for them. Kazuma isn't her lover or anything. She enjoys inconveniencing him for her own benefit (usually financial benefit). If she had to choose between wandering the cold night outdoors for likely no benefit whatsoever or staying indoors in the warm mansion eating and drinking as much as she wanted, she wouldn't be merely stupid, she would be insane as well to choose the former. In fact Kazuma could leave the table suddenly very suspicously and nobody shouted after him, let alone followed him to ask what's wrong. At that point he could have left the building as well to sleep somewhere.

But then again, I'm not saying Kazuma was foolish per se. It likely never even visited his mind this whole thing involved anything else but going to sleep. I guess he thought the succubus would suck his life and grant him a dream from the other side of the town. It was his inexperience and lack of imagination, but it was also poor service from the succubus side of things since they didn't explain that he needs to sleep in a place where a succubus can visit.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-10-2016, 03:55 PM
I'd think that was common sense for a hikkikomori like him. He should have at least fapped to succubus hentai once or twice.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-11-2016, 02:22 AM
I think he knew the Succubus would come in person. He said that etiquette was important after all, even if the succubus was only sucking out his essence and not anything else.

Why would you behave any differently in your dreams? Gotta have fun!

Well, I admit that I've disregarded regulations and stuff in dreams before.

MFauli
Fri, 03-11-2016, 07:08 AM
Well, I admit that I've disregarded regulations and stuff in dreams before.

Iīd find it shocking if somebody said "I never imagined something illegal". Which is why trying to punish though crimes (banning/censoring the depiction of sexualized underage VIRTUAL characters, see Fatal Frame 5, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fire Emblem Fates, Genei Ibunroku: #FE) is so disingenious/phoney.

Tbh I sometimes fap to stuff I donīt even find that hot, but do it anyway BECAUSE it is illegal irl lol

MFauli
Wed, 03-16-2016, 01:55 PM
episode 10 is out
----------------------

I donīt get it. Letīs summon the biggest explosion ever to prevent the moving forest from exploding. Wat.

The magic spells looked dope, though. Really hype stuff, the music helps, too.

I wanna marry Megumin.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-16-2016, 03:10 PM
Then you'll be happy to see more of her. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-16/konosuba-anime-gets-2nd-season/.99855)

MFauli
Wed, 03-16-2016, 03:33 PM
Oh, so this was the final episode? I already wondered what would come next, cause this felt like a finale already.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Just curious, but why would you wanna marry Megumin? She's not wife material. She is a total pain to deal with in everyday life. I'd bang her brains out, though. EXPLOSION!!!

Kraco
Wed, 03-16-2016, 04:58 PM
Megumin was a funny girl. I have some appreciation for single-minded characters relentlessly chasing one sole goal, whatever it might be.

Kazuma should just ignore those knights. If the overlord had so amazingly bad luck that a random teleportation resulted in ruining his mansion, it had to be dictated by the heavens.

MFauli
Wed, 03-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Just curious, but why would you wanna marry Megumin? She's not wife material. She is a total pain to deal with in everyday life. I'd bang her brains out, though. EXPLOSION!!!

She's an ass-girl, she's got brunette hair, she's super cute and small. In other words: perfect.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-16-2016, 08:57 PM
You're not looking for a wife but a whore.

MFauli
Wed, 03-16-2016, 09:06 PM
wtf, in what way is Megumin like a whore?! That would be more the dame gami.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-16-2016, 09:27 PM
I meant how you described her. It's all about the body. That's more apt to describe whores, who you just sleep with and forget, than wives, who you have to sleep with every night, and worse, live with every day.

MFauli
Wed, 03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Well, I donīt really wanna write about how Megumin would be great WIFE, because itīd be kinda kreepy to do that. Sheīs a fictional character, after all. Having the hots for her gotta do it.

And sheīs damn hot.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-16-2016, 09:40 PM
My point was she wouldn't be a great wife at all. Someone who just wants to blow things up is the worst candidate I can think of.

MFauli
Wed, 03-16-2016, 09:44 PM
Well, Iīd imagine it like that: During the day, sheīll be clinging on my back, as if I'd be wearing a hot backpack. Sheīd make funny comments all the time. If I donīt like something, BOOM. And when we get home, dat ass. Thatīs good enough for a wife ;P

Shadow Skill
Wed, 03-16-2016, 10:43 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-16/konosuba-anime-gets-2nd-season/.99855

I wish that said 20 seasons instead. :p

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-16-2016, 11:49 PM
Then you'll be happy to see more of her. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-16/konosuba-anime-gets-2nd-season/.99855)

Ur late to the party.

Kraco
Thu, 03-17-2016, 05:58 AM
One thing that baffled me about this episode is how Destroyer could actually destroy the civilization that built it. It only took a single Aqua to break the barrier. There's no way the advanced magic civilization that could create that thing, including the inscrutable power source, couldn't have had a bunch of mages capable of doing the same. And a whole army of mages that could have provided explosion magic or something more subtle to bring it down.

But I guess it's hardly relevant to point out plot holes in a comedy show.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Wiz is wife material. So is Lalatina.

Ryllharu
Thu, 03-17-2016, 06:03 PM
She's an ass-girl, she's got brunette hair, she's super cute and small. In other words: perfect.

How is she an ass-girl?

Aqua is the ass-girl, she doesn't even wear panties (90% sure) and her ass is always about to pop out from under her skirt.

That or the guild girl. She's got lovely set of hips.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-21-2016, 04:09 PM
To those interested, there is a light novel spin off for Megumin (http://skythewoodtl.com/) which can be read in the same fanfic site where the main story is hosted. It is just as hilarious.

KrayZ33
Mon, 03-21-2016, 04:16 PM
Episode 9 was hilarious, I was grinning throughout the whole ep. Why do I enjoy this so much.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Because it's funny, and a lot of people seem to think so. The Japanese LNs got a huge boost in sales because of the anime, and it also has a big following among the English LN fans.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-22-2016, 12:14 PM
To those interested, there is a light novel spin off for Megumin (http://skythewoodtl.com/) which can be read in the same fanfic site where the main story is hosted. It is just as hilarious.

That linked me to this, which was pretty good:

https://soundcloud.com/jason-ju/a-sings-konosuba-ed-chiisana-boukensha

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 03-30-2016, 01:53 AM
I liked this show, but I felt like they missed out on a lot of jokes or that some of the jokes fell flat.

For example, in the ghost mansion episode, they talk about needing to pee in a bottle. They should have gone in the empty wine bottle and then had damegami drink it.

Pretty much every episode I keep thinking how it would be so much better if they did X. So much missed potential.

Still, I did enjoy this show and am looking forward to season 2.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 03-30-2016, 04:47 AM
I think you need to start looking for other types of entertainment if you want to see people drink piss.

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 03-30-2016, 06:20 PM
Oh please, like the level of humor is so high in this show. I think that would fit right in.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 03-31-2016, 07:50 AM
I'd rather not see any character drink urine. :/

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-31-2016, 08:25 AM
That's okay. Aqua being the Goddess of Water, the urine will turn into distilled H2O the moment it touches her lips.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 03-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Like a reverse Jesus.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-31-2016, 10:28 AM
Hey, we have a reverse crusader and a reverse mage already. Why not Jesus?

KrayZ33
Thu, 03-31-2016, 04:27 PM
That's okay. Aqua being the Goddess of Water, the urine will turn into distilled H2O the moment it touches her lips.

God...this reminds me of the scene where they used her as a teabag to purify the pond, I *loved* that scene and giggle everytime I think about it.

"Who do you think I am, I'm a high class Archbishop slash goddess, I can purify that just by touching it"

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-01-2016, 07:47 AM
Now I've seen everything.

The second season got cancelled due to Feminist complaints (http://imgur.com/DfDoz9k) about Darkness's masochistic character.

Kraco
Fri, 04-01-2016, 09:33 AM

The second season got cancelled due to Feminist complaints (http://imgur.com/DfDoz9k) about Darkness's masochistic character.

I'm highly disappointed.

MFauli
Fri, 04-01-2016, 09:41 AM

Itīs sad that this even can fool people. What a world we live in ...

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-10-2016, 02:59 AM
Watched all of this today because I'd heard good things.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't know why, but the way Kazama goes "Yes, I'm Kazama" every time someone says his name gets me every time.

So what is the joke about Megumin's name? What does it mean in Japanese that's so stupid sounding?

If explosion magic is in the "game", they should balance it somehow to make it viable :DShe just needs to level up enough to get enough mana to be able to cast it without passing out.

You guys seriously need to stop arguing with MFauli. He doesn't get comedy. Just accept it.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-10-2016, 03:14 AM
You guys seriously need to stop arguing with MFauli. He doesn't get comedy. Just accept it.

I suppose that makes sense. He is german after all.

MFauli
Tue, 05-10-2016, 04:43 AM

Ignoring Ryllīs racism: So why "donīt I get comedy"?

Some anime I found hilarious:

- Gintama
- Baka to Test to Shoukanju
- Yakitate Japan
- One Punch Man
- Beelzebub was okay
- No Game No Life
- Recorder to Randoseru

Comedy isnīt my favorite genre (that would be Seinen), but I can appreciate good comedy, too. And I can ciriticize lacking comedy.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-10-2016, 03:22 PM
It's not racism. Believe it or not, it is an academic discussion between linguists and comedians (http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/003181.html), that blossomed into a stereotype perpetuated by the British.

British humor and German humor are actually quite similar, both based on exaggeration and dry delivery or slapstick. German humor stands out though, with its focus on wordplay.

American humor, in contrast, tends to follow more with observational themes and lowbrow slapstick, often delivered with exaggeration or highlighting absurdities. Slapstick has somewhat fallen out of favor in recent times, when it was the main focus in the vaudeville era.

Each of the three shares an aspect with the other.

Japanese humor shares a lot of aspects with German humor (especially wordplay) but it doesn't translate so well into English.

To the majority of the western world and due to British racism (a characteristic of their humor) perpetuating it, it is the belief that Germans have no sense of humor. It is actually because they just emphasize other parts of what is considered humor, and slapstick has fallen out of favor in America and the UK.

KrayZ33
Wed, 05-11-2016, 10:39 AM
When Angela said "Refugees welcome", I guess nobody got the joke either :(

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Who's Angela?

KrayZ33
Wed, 05-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Dorothea

MFauli
Wed, 05-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Who's Angela?

google "Angela Merkel waki"

(omg, pls dont)

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-11-2016, 01:33 PM
I googled it anyway, but Google saved me by automatically converting waki to wiki, thinking it was a typo. I'm proud to say this is the first time I ever felt glad about that function.

EDIT:
Shit, she's the most powahful woman in the world. I wonder if Hillary will take that spot after beating Trump.

Kraco
Sat, 06-25-2016, 02:14 PM
Kono Subarashii Megumin OVA - Mori (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=824085)

- - - - - - - -

Jolly good. Just a single episode length, but it put all the characters to appropriate use. It was also good to see Kazuma collect some diviends after all the shit he has been put through by the ladies, even if it was obvious it wouldn't end well for him, as it never does. Still, the last confession was remarkably stupid from him. He was actually really impressing and receiving no end of sympathy from the girls before it, despite all the naughty or demeaning stuff he made them do, yet he just had to ruin it. He's one of those people who don't know they should stop when they are still winning.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 06-25-2016, 11:25 PM
I think January 2017 is Season 2 starts. I can't wait. :)

KrayZ33
Sun, 06-26-2016, 08:20 AM
Hilarious, he nearly did it...chikusho!!
Such a tease.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
And there we have it! First episode of the second season is out!

And just like that, one of my favorite anime is back in action. Love it.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-11-2017, 02:40 PM
How dare you think this is your favorite anime. Everyone knows comedy shows shouldn't get the hype that more serious shows do. Pffft.

Shit, Angela Merkel is the most powahful woman in the world. I wonder if Hillary will take that spot after beating Trump.

Good old times...

Kraco
Wed, 01-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Man, they really are such a bunch of hopeless idiots. As bad as things are for them, it's still a miracle they aren't even worse off.

I can't help but feel Kazuma deserved everything that happened, save for the Lord deciding to sentence him to death just out of personal spite.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 01-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Lol! Good episode. Miss prosecutor should be a love interest for Kazuma lol. :)

Lol @ Killary beating Trump.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 01-11-2017, 05:11 PM
Seriously...bout all of his charges are done by his freakin allies. Poor guy. I thought his Luck was very high. Guess not huh.

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-11-2017, 05:32 PM
That DEEN QUALITY Opening. They really hit all the sloppy animation marks they're known for, and some other studios are known for. It's gotta be on purpose.

Somehow, the shitty art this season makes it funnier.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-11-2017, 05:42 PM
The shitty art always made this funny. It's artistic AND financial genius.

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Another Machico OP is a win as far as I'm concerned.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-11-2017, 09:52 PM
And suddenly, the show became Two Broke Girls...

I love this show so much but god it looks so bad...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-12-2017, 12:16 AM
It looks so bad that it's good.

I swear the crap art is intentional. This show is raking in tons of yen, but they release this crap for our laffs.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-12-2017, 01:49 AM
But how are you supposed to appreciate the hot girls when they're drawn that bad!

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-12-2017, 02:37 AM
But how are you supposed to appreciate the hot girls when they're drawn that bad!

Like, they even forgot to draw their underwear!

MFauli
Thu, 01-12-2017, 06:05 AM
very underwhelming first episode. And did they ramp up the sexual fan-service? There was so much, it felt out of place even for me ;/

will keep watching for Megumin, but not so happy about it so far.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-12-2017, 10:59 AM
And did they ramp up the sexual fan-service?Not even a little. The succubus episode is 10x as bad as anything in this episode.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-12-2017, 01:12 PM
I have to say I found Aqua's butt shots to be a little jarring. Her skirt was never that short.

MFauli
Thu, 01-12-2017, 01:15 PM
No shit, DarthEnder, an episode focused on a succubus has lots of fan-service? Whoīd have thunk! *lol*

I have to say I found Aqua's butt shots to be a little jarring. Her skirt was never that short.

Thatīs EXACTLY what I told my wife-in-spe! Thx for mentioning it, shinta. Of course, KonoSuba often makes sexual jokes. But scenes like the close-ups of Aquaīs butt surved no purpose other than .. showing her butt. There was no joke involved. And thatīs something I donīt remember that way from season one.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-12-2017, 03:26 PM
Uh, that scene absolutely had a purpose.

It confirmed that she doesn't wear panties, or as theorized by fans, she wears magic invisible panties so no one can see her panties (remember she's an idiot). It presented the viewers a clear view from the side of her butt to the front of her hips, confirming the theory.

Prior to this, it has been ambiguous, similar to Kurousagi from Mondaiji-tachi.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Wait, what? I thought it was absolutely fact that she had no panties from the start.

MFauli
Thu, 01-12-2017, 04:42 PM
And I didnt know about any of that ... fucking lol

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Wait, what? I thought it was absolutely fact that she had no panties from the start.
Thus far, the anime has never had a view that completely eliminates the possibility she was wearing a thong. They never showed all the way up her leg/hip from the front.

Apparently, in the manga, she does wear panties, and the LN only hints at the possibility, never directly addressing it. Thus, it has always been a question.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-12-2017, 05:14 PM
This show has a manga?!

Kraco
Thu, 01-12-2017, 06:06 PM
This show has a manga?!

More importantly, Megumin has her own manga as well (the name isn't too hard to guess).

I haven't read the main manga adaptation. Maybe I should have a look at it to study this panties issue out of purely academic interest.

MFauli
Thu, 01-12-2017, 06:41 PM
I love that a bunch of 30+ guys are discussion the panties/no panties-dilemma of an underage girl in an anime.

goodtimes ;D

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-12-2017, 07:14 PM
At least not everyone is 30+ AND single.

MFauli
Thu, 01-12-2017, 07:38 PM
At least not everyone is 30+ AND single.

Stealth bragging?

Although I donīt know if not-being single only makes it worse in your case, loli-shinta ;/ (pls tell us sheīs of legal age >_<)

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Barely legal. Turned twenty just a little over a month ago. And her body looks like an elin's. And she is completely ok with my waifus as long as I'm ok with her baes. Her plan in life was to find a lolicon that will take care of her. I struck gold somehow.

The point I was trying to make is just because you are a creepy otaku doesn't mean you have to be a loser, which I had assumed was the implication of your post. If not, then forget I said anything.

BTW, Aqua is a goddess. She is far older than you or I.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Is the Anime an adaptation of the Manga or vice versa?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-12-2017, 09:03 PM
The anime is an adaptation of the light novel, which has okay art btw.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Oh. I don't understand how light novels work.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-12-2017, 10:05 PM
They are shorter novels with art every few dozen pages.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-12-2017, 10:07 PM
Ew! Like, mostly words? Gross.

Kraco
Wed, 01-18-2017, 03:21 PM
Episode 2

- - - - -

I liked this more than the first one. The toad fight didn't feel like repetition but rather brought back good memories. Lots of Megumin naturally made the ep better as well. Yunyun isn't a bad addition either.

I don't really understand why they don't leave that city, though. They are treated like criminals all the time. That ought to piss off even a buddha.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Ahhhh...that's the good stuff.

MFauli
Thu, 01-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Way better episode than the first one. Frog hunting was hilarious as per usual.

I donīt know if I can accept Megumin taking a bath with hero, though. We only saw how the scene changed from standing in front of the bathroom to sitting inside the bath together, naked. By anime standards, thatīd count as being married now, lol.

Not sure about Yunyun, yet. She feels rather generic. Have to see more of her.

Btw. I love the opening scene where everybodyīs running together and gradually runs out of steam, only Darkness keeping it up :D

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-19-2017, 03:50 PM
No, no, best part of OP is Darkness happily gesturing she's about to hit the exploding rocks, with the others already in shock and horror.

The good best part about this episode is that we learned that Megumin is, in fact, just as horrible a person as the other three are. She's still the best, but fits in with the others more than S1 presented.

Yunyun is hilarious. I suggest you rewatch the episode.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-20-2017, 03:36 AM
I just thought we've been introduced to Yunyun already so found the re-introduction unnecessary here.

S1 is still better overall because it feels like they're throwing sexy jokes around more randomly here. It felt more in context last time (either because Darkness or Succubus was around). Actual content would be good.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-20-2017, 04:36 AM
Megumin having a sister is new info to me.

I bet they're gonna make it that her sister liked explosions and then something bad happened to her and that's why Megumin refuses to use non-explosion magic.

I assume Kazama's Snipe skill being luck based determines it's accuracy, not it's damage, since the shot itself was dead on, it just didn't do anything.

I'm sure he'll use it later to shoot something important at something small.

So, that cat is clearly demonic right? It's not just me. It had little bat wings and everything.

I donīt know if I can accept Megumin taking a bath with hero, though. We only saw how the scene changed from standing in front of the bathroom to sitting inside the bath together, naked.Megumin wasn't naked, she was wearing a towel, even in the water.

Not sure about Yunyun, yet. She feels rather generic. Have to see more of her. Well, she was in Season 1 bonus OVA.

S1 is still better overall because it feels like they're throwing sexy jokes around more randomly here. It felt more in context last time (either because Darkness or Succubus was around).I would also direct you to the OVA, where Kazuma makes Megumin and Yunyun play strip rock-paper-scissors.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-20-2017, 05:36 AM
I would also direct you to the OVA, where Kazuma makes Megumin and Yunyun play strip rock-paper-scissors.

Well the OVA pretty much marks the end of S1.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Well the OVA pretty much marks the end of S1.Indeed. Though this episode kinda treats it like that episode never happened, because it introduced YunYun here, and even duplicates a scene from that episode.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 01-20-2017, 09:54 PM
Loli-NEET-O had me laughing so much Lol

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-20-2017, 11:54 PM
@Buff: The OAD that already had Yunyun in it was bundled with the 9th light novel, covering later material. It was not meant to be the end of S1. In the OAD, the cast already knew her.

So yes, they had to "re"-introduce Yunyun officially where she is normally depicted.

Kraco
Wed, 01-25-2017, 04:45 PM
Episode 3

- - - - - - -

Those guys are the worst adventurers ever. It's more or less all thanks to the lich being so benevolent that they survived, despite Aqua's undead magnet quality. Still, it was hilarious, as excessive as their incompetence is.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-25-2017, 05:55 PM
Their rut has become it's own meta joke.

Those guys are the worst adventurers ever. It's more or less all thanks to the lich being so benevolent that they survived, despite Aqua's undead magnet quality. Still, it was hilarious, as excessive as their incompetence is.Even if the lich wasn't benevolent, undead are still pretty much boned against Aqua.

Kraco
Thu, 01-26-2017, 03:17 AM
Even if the lich wasn't benevolent, undead are still pretty much boned against Aqua.

Nah, liches are supposed to be great wizards, even after death and in undead. This guy could snatch the princess and fight the whole kingdom while protecting her. Aqua is more or less incapable of defending herself under normal circumstances. She could deal with those small fry undead because they could never get close to her. However, the lich ought to be capable of spells possibly up to Megumin's Explosion but with a more sensible selection. What could Aqua possibly do against such power? They were saved because the lich was never interested in attacking them in the first place.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 01-26-2017, 08:23 AM
Well...a certain other Lich CAN use Explosion so we know they can get pretty damn powerful.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-26-2017, 08:34 AM
What could Aqua possibly do against such power?The exact same thing she did to Dullahan and Wiz(who is also a lich).

MFauli
Thu, 01-26-2017, 11:47 AM
Best scene of the episode: When Kazuma bumped against something in the dark and Aqua gleefully laughs. ROFL

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-26-2017, 11:50 AM
That's cause she set that up. She could've warned him way ahead of time but watched the scene unfold in all its glory.

I don't remember Aqua needing to inscribe symbols on the ground to perform Sacred Turn Undead.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-26-2017, 01:35 PM
This episode finally felt like S1 again.

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-31-2017, 06:12 PM
Started watching the 2nd Season today, man.. why do I like this sloppy artstyle so much - the Opening alone is funny enough to carry this show.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-31-2017, 06:53 PM
Megumin's asymmetrical leggings makes her look like she's missing a leg when she runs...

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-31-2017, 07:31 PM
Those are bandages on one leg, not leggings. May all chuunibyou people curse you to the darkest depths of the abyss of deep darkness of the dark lord of deep black darkness.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the people in the story have qualms or laugh about the names Megumin and Yunyun, but not Darkness for a blond booby knight?

MFauli
Tue, 01-31-2017, 07:48 PM
Well, Megumin and Yunyun sound like nicknames. Darkness, in a fantasy world, sounds like a title or at least sounds intimidating.

Btw. I canīt decide whoīs better: Megumin or Rikka :/

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-31-2017, 08:50 PM
Megumin can blast most creatures to oblivion, so uh...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Also, Darkness seems genuinely pissed off about the treatment she's been receiving for the last couple episodes, so it's obvious that they're trying to put her in a pretty dress or something.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 02-01-2017, 02:26 PM
.........nice.

David75
Wed, 02-01-2017, 03:14 PM
Ep04 is out

This is the first ep I really enjoyed and laughed.
It was a nice feeling.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Yes, David. Enjoying enough to laugh is generally classified under nice feelings.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-01-2017, 03:47 PM
I don't watch much Harem anime, but is it weird that Kazama is such a pervert, but still so hesitant to take advantage of obvious opportunities?

I'm starting to get the impression that Kazama likes panties more than he likes what's inside the panties...

Kraco
Wed, 02-01-2017, 04:11 PM
I don't watch much Harem anime, but is it weird that Kazama is such a pervert, but still so hesitant to take advantage of obvious opportunities?

I'm starting to get the impression that Kazama likes panties more than he likes what's inside the panties...

This is a mainstream series. Obviously he can't do anything. It's not really a question of his preferences. We do in fact know he would like to do something due to the succubus ep, but the universe won't let him.

This was a great episode. All of the characters are hopeless, but still trying so hard.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-01-2017, 08:36 PM
This is a mainstream series. Obviously he can't do anything.Sure, they can't show anything. But obviously he can still score.

Even Goku scored at least twice.

I mean, shit, Darkness is straight up telling people he fucked her in this episode. So obviously, the topic itself is not beyond mentioning.

Shadow Skill
Thu, 02-02-2017, 01:05 AM
ROFL! OMG! These episodes just keep getting better and better. Season 2 Episode 4 is one of the funniest episodes ever lol. I wish this series could go on forever lol.

Ryllharu
Thu, 02-02-2017, 05:10 PM
This was a great episode. All of the characters are hopeless, but still trying so hard.
All the characters are incredibly terrible people, you mean.

That's what makes it funny of course. As we learned a few episodes ago, even Megumin isn't earnestly stupid (that's the poor and tragic Yunyun), she's actually selfish and malicious as well, like the rest.

Darkness is just the most perverse.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 02-02-2017, 09:32 PM
I wish this series could go on forever lol.Well...if they keep only doing 10 episodes a year, there's no real reason it can't. Season 1 covered 2 volumes and the novels seem to come out at a rate of about 2 volumes a year.

All the characters are incredibly terrible people, you mean.I really don't see it.

Sure, Kazama and Aqua are selfish.

But the only thing "wrong" is Darkness is she's a masochist. And there's not really anything wrong with that. Stop kink shaming.

And Megumin clearly just has a rival that she won't lose to. If that makes you a terrible person than every character in anime ever is terrible.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-02-2017, 09:59 PM
The problem with Darkness is the lengths she goes to just to satisfy her kink. Slapping her father around and ruining a marriage meeting by sword aren't benign in the least.

Megumin is not a terrible person.

Everyone else is.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-03-2017, 12:47 AM
The problem with Darkness is the lengths she goes to just to satisfy her kink. Slapping her father around and ruining a marriage meeting by sword aren't benign in the least.Ruining a marriage arrangement she doesn't want to be in in the first place makes her a bad person?

Arranged marriages are practically a form of slavery in the first place. She gets nothing but praise from me for not wanting to be a part of that system.

Her dad is sweetie though. I thought he was doing the whole "noble marrying his daughter off for politics" trope, but really he just wants grandkids and doesn't care who she marries.

MFauli
Fri, 02-03-2017, 01:12 AM
Didnīt know DarthEnderX was such a misandrist.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 02-03-2017, 01:42 AM
Temperance in everything.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Didnīt know DarthEnderX was such a misandrist.*opens google*

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-03-2017, 09:26 AM
The term "horrible" in this thread means negatively affecting someone else for your own gain.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-03-2017, 08:24 PM
I guess none of you noticed that Megumin cheats in every competition she has with Yunyun. In remarkably petty ways. Redefining the rules midway, badgering her with specific rules so it is impossible for her to win, deliberately never accepting a challenge she would lose at, etc.

The only one she is listed as losing in her notebook is body development (because that's pretty objective).

That was the whole point of the Yunyun intro episode. Megumin is as petty and selfish as the rest of her group.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-04-2017, 06:45 AM
I guess none of you noticed that Megumin cheats in every competition she has with Yunyun.

I recognise that.

I actually think Darkness isn't horrible.