PDA

View Full Version : Bubuki Buranki

neflight86
Wed, 01-13-2016, 12:42 PM

When Kazuki Azuma returns to Japan after 10 years, he gets assaulted by a group of armed men and becomes their prisoner. Asabuki Kogane, a childhood friend, saves him with a weapon on her right hand known as Bubuki; a weapon with its own mind. Kazuki Azuma, who is a Bubuki user himself, learns about the existence of Bubuki and goes on a journey alongside the companions he has found, in an attempt to find and revive Oumai, a Buranki (titan) who sleeps underground.

Source: AnimeLab

HorribleSubs Episode 01 (https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=772987)

CG shows have an uphill battle with me. I typically don't watch them, or as in Bubuki's case, I start this up and am immediately bitter that this is a CG show, and I did not research as much before downloading it. Not a fan of CG 'anime' that invariably looks like the Guilty Gear Xrd with the uncanny valley remaining noticeably not cell art.

I watch anyway, and it begins to grow on me a little after the intro segment. Sister became a bad guy, and brother remained a nobody scouted by some stock resistance group. Typing that out makes it sound somewhat less interesting than it felt. Thanks to the CG, fights and action are fairly common, though not particularly inspired. Recommended to try if CG isn't a deal breaker.