PDA

View Full Version : Luck & Logic

neflight86
Wed, 01-13-2016, 01:10 AM

In L.C. 922, people faced a sudden crisis.

In Tetra Heaven, the land of legend, a hundred years of war had come to a close. The gods who lost the war searched for a new place to live, and found it in Septpia, the human world, which they proceeded to attack. The Logicalists attached to ALCA, a special police agency whose duty it was to protect cities from assaults by foreigners (angels), were compelled to act in defense of cities, whether they wished to or not.

And depending on their ability, Logicalists could initiate trance with goddesses from the other world, and stand a fighting chance on the battlefield.

A civilian named Tsurugi Yoshichika, who lacked Logic and lived happily with his family, was caught up in an attack, and took shelter along with many people. He meets a beautiful goddess named Athena. In her hands, she had the Logic that Yoshichika lacked. Now both Yoshichika and Athena head to their destiny.

Source: ANN

HorribleSubs Episode 01 (https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=773008)

Well... I've reached the age where I can't just enjoy flashy fight scenes for their own sake anymore. There needs to be substance behind them, and I did not see that in this first episode. That being said, this was still an enjoyable by the numbers 'sci-fi super soldier redemption' story that was somehow slightly better than the sum of its interchangeable parts. You should know if this is a show for you by the header image alone, if you've seen your share of modern anime. The question is, will this do more than remind you of better shows that have an almost identical premise and execution? Let us know below.

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 01-13-2016, 01:47 AM
Way too much jargon in this show.
Not much to set it apart from the rest of the magical high school battle genre.

Kraco
Wed, 01-13-2016, 04:18 AM
I agree with above sentiments. I decided to check this out despite the foreboding feeling, and turns out it matches exactly that anticipation. I reckon I'll still watch at least the second ep and let it decide. The previous season had plenty of the boy and girl suddenly stuck together pure fighting shounen shows, so giving the type an intentional break would be hardly unthinkable. Especially when there seemed to be little in the way of extra value in the story.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-13-2016, 09:37 AM
At least there are a lot of girls that have their own yuri pairings. If by some miracle this doesn't devolve into pure harem (some harem is ok), it might be worth watching.

Munsu
Fri, 02-26-2016, 06:39 PM
Watched the first episode, and it sucked major ass.

Won't be watching more.