PDA

View Full Version : J-drama

David75
Sat, 12-12-2015, 12:30 PM
About 2 years ago I started watching drama.
Strangely enough, I find actors play rather mediocre, but I still got caught by the genre.
As you might know, I like learning new languages and watching drama helps a bit for the spoken part.

The last drama I've watched is Shinya Shokudo season 3. I can't find the other two seasons batches...
It was a nice watch, even if some actors clearly were below average in their acting. But nice atmosphere and nice and easy to watch short stories that span the entire ep.

I'm a beginner, so I was wondering if some of you could give me good advice on great shows.
I had fun watching :
Liar game
Legal high
Iryu team medical dragon and Doctor-X
Last Cinderela
Therma Romae and Kekkon Dekinai Otoko with the same guy
Hataraki Man

I've watched some others like Pride, Beautiful life, Top caster, White tower, Renai Jidai, Densetsu no kyoshi. They helped trump boredom, but did not much more than that.

Thanks a lot

Animeniax
Sun, 12-13-2015, 02:15 AM
Unfortunately being a good actor isn't a requirement to get on screen in Japanese film. All it takes is fame and/or a pretty face. Typically that will also get you a music and modelling career.

Some great J-dramas I'd recommend are

Orange Days
Kekkon dekinai otoko
Kaze no Garden
Aoi tori

David75
Sun, 12-13-2015, 02:19 AM
Thanks Ani, will check those.
I'm also searching for a source for these... As the most prominent one disapeared months ago.

Animeniax
Tue, 12-15-2015, 09:41 AM
I'd like to help you out with that but I don't have the bandwidth or storage to upload them.

David75
Tue, 12-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the will to, but my question was more to find an alternative source to the now extinct d-addicts tracker...

Animeniax
Tue, 12-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Ahhh d-addicts. That's where I got most of my J-drama series from. It's gone? That's too bad. Great way to introduce people to a weird but interesting world of Asian TV.

David75
Tue, 12-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Yup, the source of Wisdom is no more. the site and BBS are still there, you still get some data about subbers and all. But source material is hard to get.