PDA

View Full Version : gotwoot tracker problem?

[matrim]
Sun, 12-07-2003, 02:40 AM
Never had that problem.
only I got is that I to 98% gets a redtext error message but BT solves that on it's own so I never have to worry, try getting the latest BT version

HokageSama
Sun, 12-07-2003, 03:36 AM
hi all!

well every time i try and download naruto (or any anime for that matter) that uses gotwoot as its tracker, my BT client hangs every 5 minutes or so. If i go and download the file from another tracker, it downloads fine http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif i've put up with this because ANBU_Aone are usually very high quality and is worth the download. But there is a limit to my patience.

i am running ZoneAlarm Pro for my firewall, but i don't think it is my firewall since other files seem to work fine if it is a different tracker. i've switched between different clients (currently using Shadow's version) and they all exhibit the same behaviour.

i've searched through the BT forums and someone did have the same problem as me, but i've already tried all the suggestions they had there. so now my sanity is balanced on the tip of a sword and i fear it will topple at any moment.

maybe its just my comp http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mad.gif ba! humbug!

sleepingninja
Tue, 12-16-2003, 07:50 AM
i am having that exact same problem =\

cannot connect to tracker. i can connect to many other trackers leaving me to belive ... well something... weird... ugh

please post a known fix if any thanks.

Jman
Wed, 12-17-2003, 02:25 AM
i've had that red text show up but when i left the bt window open, it fixed itself. then again certain trackers could be down but if it happens to frequently you might want to try using a different version of bt client.

Raven
Wed, 12-17-2003, 07:25 AM
The very same thing happens to me, it commences perfectly, but 5 minutes into it, it'll just freeze. No error message or anything, it just stops.

It only ever happens with the gotwoot tracker, too. No others.

So frustrating! I've tried so many bt clients, always the same thing happens.

HokageSama
Fri, 12-26-2003, 03:02 AM
Well it looks like things have been fixed on my end and I am now able to download at almost full ADSL speed. but the problem of Bittorrent suddenly freezing still remains, although now it doesn't happen until an hour or so into the download. I saw Naruto 64 had a different tracker which could explain why I am getting good speeds.

For those of you who still have trouble with your Bittorrent clients freezing suddenly, here are a few suggestions I have done.

1. Turn off Windows XP firewall (if applicable). because it is basically crap
2. Disable your software firewall or try installing a different one.
3. If you can, see if the episode you want is using a different tracker on another site

I hope this helps. Please let me know of any more suggestions I have not tried yet

hiroshi
Sun, 01-11-2004, 04:11 AM
ok. The torrents have a list of IP addresses and go through those IP Addresses right? Could be for some reason, your firewalls don't like an IP Address which is inside the tracker. Don't know, just a guess. I really have no clue as to your problem, just saying my thoughts.

Forlong21
Sun, 01-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Hey just wanted to let everyone know who keeps having trouble with torrents that use Gotwoot.net as the tracker that you need to turn off your software firewalls to keep the torrent from freezing, or locking up your download and making your PC get really laggy cause the download is taking up 100% of your pc's processor time. I get this a lot with any torrent that uses Gotwoot.net as a tracker.
I think a lot of people would appreciate it if the site administrators could look into why there tracker will freeze up with software firewalls on this site but not sites like Scarywater.net.
If this has to do with port forwarding maybe someone could make up a handy guide on how to configure some of the common firewalls that are used I.E. Norton’s, McAfee, ETC.

Good Luck and hope this helps http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

kahping
Tue, 01-13-2004, 10:08 AM
i had the same problem too. strangely, last week it wasn't there.

rite now, im trying to get ROD TV 18 but the BT client juz keeps on tellin me this: Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error(10006, 'Connection refused')>

im using Shad0w's. no problems at all with other torrents that uses other trackers. that's y i suspect that gotwoot has some problems with it's tracker. hope u guys fix it fast http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif can't wait to get my ROD fix

kalharas
Wed, 01-14-2004, 05:47 AM
i'm having the same problem but with another id http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>DownLoad Error:
Problem connecting to tracker-&lt;urlopen error(10061,&#39;connection refused&#39;)</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i&#39;m using BT 3.3...i guess there is a problem with gotwoot&#39;s tracker...hope to see it corrected...

rdperalta
Wed, 01-14-2004, 05:55 AM
same here.. got the same problem and i&#39;m using The Shadow BT client... its always connection refused.. by the way it only happened to me when i connect to gotwoot&#39;s tracker (i&#39;m dl-ing the batch torrent of gungrave).. it was ok this morning though

Boxy
Wed, 01-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Hi all,

Just registerd and im a recent addition to the world of bitorrenting http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Problem connecting to tracker - &lt;urlopen error(10006, &#39;Connection refused&#39;)&gt;</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>

Thats the same problem thats been poping up for me since about lunchtime today. Shame as well because i was downloading more R.O.D and Naruto which im desperate to see. I hope they fix it soon