PDA

View Full Version : Subete ga F ni Naru - Everything Becomes F: The Perfect Insider

Munsu
Mon, 10-19-2015, 10:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rom3iyJ.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmT4jMKAQhk

Plot Summary: Sōhei Saikawa is a member of the Saikawa Research Lab. He goes on a vacation held by the lab, and Moe Nishinosono, the daughter of his mentor, joins the group on their vacation despite not being a part of the lab. There, the two end up finding a corpse. The two work together to solve the mysteries of what becomes a serial murder case.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16594

Just watched the first episode of Subete ga F ni Naru - Everything Becomes F: The Perfect Insider, and so far it's coming off as a quality series. I'm getting some vibes of Haruhi, Kara no Kyoukai, and Steins;Gate. I know the comparison is all over the place, but in the essence of exploring human nature, the state of the world, the state of the individual they all seem to have those elements in common, which this is reminding me of. There's a mystery that I'm sure the series will tackle as the series goes along.

Anyways, something different for this anime season. No action so far, mostly character interaction which so far I enjoyed, though not usually my thing, even as pretentious as it might somehow come off as.

As for the description of the series above, I'm not sure when that comes into play, as the setup from the first episode is the unraveling of one of the characters, so probably this murder mystery that is mentioned in the plot description will be mainly used as a catalyst to explore what the main mystery of the series will be. Not sure if the description actually fits the vibe I'm getting so far. It seems to allude to a by the numbers detective series, when I don't think this is all that it'll be, nor the main focus of it. But we'll see. I enjoy detective series myself, as flawed as they may be, so won't care much one way or another.

At the very least, the anime seems to be trying to make a quality series. The OP/ED are good.

Will try episode 2 tomorrow or such.

Anyways, here's the first two episodes:
http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=742188
http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=745002

MasterOfMoogles
Tue, 10-20-2015, 12:07 AM
I just have to throw out my theory after 2 episodes:

This crazy doctor has uploaded herself into a computer.
So many hints and such. I'll actually be super surprised if she is not the lawnmower man at this point.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-20-2015, 12:08 AM
She isn't.

Munsu
Thu, 10-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Here's episode 3:
http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=747724

Still haven't found time to watch episode 2, will do so during the weekend along with this latest one.

Munsu
Sat, 10-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Alright, I'll all caught up now. For the most part really enjoying this since I'm liking the overall interaction between the characters.

And now they've presented us with a closed door murder mystery which Ryllharu is a big fan of. Anyways, the biggest draw and what keeps me interested is the character interactions and how we keep delving into who Magata is and was in her youth/past.

Worth watching so far.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Watched all 5 episodes and I'm really liking this. It's a breath of fresh air compared to the other comedy-centric series out right now. It does tend to get a little pretentious with the lecture dialogue and philosophy, which is hilarious because the professor himself openly admitted that he hated expository dialogue. That said, the content of said dialogue is still very thought provoking, and the characters are very mature (perhaps a little too much so, but that is excused by their alleged intelligence) and don't react in the typical cliche way.

This really isn't a story suited for anime, especially since the original is a mystery novel, but I welcome it's attempt to use the medium.

Why?

Because slutty loli genius is awesome, hebehebehebe...

neflight86
Mon, 11-09-2015, 11:49 PM
I'm watching almost exclusively for the mystery itself. While I'm all for "anime about adults for adults" (not that kind of adult), this has left me hanging on the storytelling front. The characters' voices are generally too muted to seem believable. The monotone delivery of most lines, especially by the main character come off as maybe a bit more calm than people trapped on an island with a murderer should be, but maybe that's a setting thing.

I'm also not very fond of thinly veiled philosophical waxing disguised as dialogue. I get that the guy's supposed to be a genius, but I guess I don't find a genius character very compelling when they act bored all the time, even when an opportunity to use their mental chops to their fullest is presented. The young lady is a nice balance character for him but I don't find her particularly memorable or interesting. This may seem silly, but it sorta bothers me how much the guy smokes. He is almost literally either taking a drag or lighting one up every scene he is in. It seems unrealistic, not that I've ever smoked. I actually look forward to him running out of cigarettes, as he has predicted he will.

Lastly, I am throughly unconvinced by the thirteen year old seductress flashbacks. I cannot reconcile them as they feel just so unrealistic in how sterile they are presented. Maybe that was the intent by interspersing them as jarring cuts in the episodes.

For all of that complaining, I am still watching this essentially locked room mystery. I hope my comments don't dissuade anyone from trying this out, as it is still worth watching as a mystery show so far; just try not to dwell on the heavy handed dialogue.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Out of curiosity, can you give me 2-3 anime characters that you do find interesting?

neflight86
Tue, 11-10-2015, 02:52 PM
Some characters I do find interesting are:

Hisoka (HxH): Probably my favorite chaotic neutral. I always leaned forward when he was on screen simply because I could not guess what he would do next. He typically had his reasons for his actions, though and his motivations were haunting to behold.

Oreki Houtarou (Hyoka): Another genious archetype, but being able to see his more mundane thought processes was as delightful for me as him 'forming theories' for the various mysteries he was presented with. Somewhere between realist and synic, his dialoges and monologues always grabbed my attention.

Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy): Very defined character who's development essentially carried two seasons of this show for me. Relatable, average, and unsure in an adolescent way that didn't feel whiney.

Rico Brzenska (Attack on Titan) Felt very developed for how little screen time she got. Enjoyed her character and the levelheadedness and contrasting passion she displayed during the first major battle arc.

I found those characters interesting mostly because I came to care what happened to them and their circumstances. I hope I can care more about the characters in Perfect insider before the climax, if only so I'll pay more attention to what they have to say beyond the investigation itself.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-10-2015, 03:21 PM
I like those characters too, which makes me wonder a little why you don't like the characters in this show because they are quite similar to the ones you mentioned.

If I had to guess, it's that they acted way too mature and calm, making it hard to root for them.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-17-2015, 04:27 AM
Episode 10.

_______

Told you she didn't become a computer.

David75
Thu, 12-17-2015, 07:09 AM
I'm surprised the sister lame trick was a trick at all... It was so obvious.