PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Fall Season 2015

Munsu
Sun, 09-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Fall season is a few weeks ahead:
http://anichart.net/fall-15
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime/upcoming/tv

That said, there's one series that begins a couple of days from now: Diabolik Lovers More,Blood.

I'm fairly optimistic for this season, and I liked this last one even though it didn't have that one series that puts it over-the-top. Been looking into a lot of past years seasons, and I'm astonished by how much shit there was in some seasons.

I'll be checking out:

Garo: Guren no Tsuki - The Crimson Moon
Haikyuu!! 2
Heavy Object
K: Return of Kings
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Noragami Aragoto
One Punch Man
Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: A Tale of Worst One
Antimagic Academy 35th Test Platoon
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Kagewani (TV)

There are a few more I need to gather more info on, and a few sequels of series I'm far behind so, not really up for them.

Of the ones mentioned, One Punch Man is the one I'm hoping for the most, and Antimagic Academy 35th Test Platoon has me most curious. Of course, looking forward to all the sequels of series I'm up to date on.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-20-2015, 09:53 PM
HOLY SHIT FAFNER.

And Aquarion was 2 cour!?

I've read a lot of the LN adaptations this coming season, and I think they have a pretty decent selection. Nothing unique, but they are entertaining stories. Heavy Object finally gets an anime. I'm glad since they'll cover the first few decent volumes before it got Indexed, if you know what I mean.

I love One Punch Man, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it after already reading the manga and with less awesome art.

Munsu
Sun, 09-20-2015, 10:04 PM
HOLY SHIT FAFNER.

And Aquarion was 2 cour!?

I've read a lot of the LN adaptations this coming season, and I think they have a pretty decent selection. Nothing unique, but they are entertaining stories. Heavy Object finally gets an anime. I'm glad since they'll cover the first few decent volumes before it got Indexed, if you know what I mean.

I love One Punch Man, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it after already reading the manga and with less awesome art.

Any of the LNs based series that I didn't mention that you might recommend I check out this season?

I think One Punch Man will be great animated, but we'll see.

You up to date on Fafner and Aquarion? I've been meaning to, but I'm a bit out of touch with what happened in the original series of both of them, so a bit hard to motivate myself for them.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-20-2015, 10:31 PM
Up to date and loving it.

Aquarion Logos has horrible mecha fights and nonsensical philosophical crap, but I really like the main character and his main girl.

Fafner is the epitome of awesome and despair.

Try Shomin Sample for cheap laughs. It's purely a gag story, so go into it expecting that.

Gakuen Toshi Asterisk is nice because of chained OP protagonist. I love those. They're like descendants of Himura Shinta.

I haven't read the new Monogatari yet, but it's either critical hit or absolute miss. Definitely worth checking out.

Munsu
Sun, 09-20-2015, 10:33 PM
Up to date and loving it.

Aquarion Logos has horrible mecha fights and nonsensical philosophical crap, but I really like the main character and his main girl.

Fafner is the epitome of awesome and despair.

Try Shomin Sample for cheap laughs. It's purely a gag story, so go into it expecting that.

Gakuen Toshi Asterisk is nice because of chained OP protagonist. I love those. They're like descendants of Himura Shinta.

I haven't read the new Monogatari yet, but it's either critical hit or absolute miss. Definitely worth checking out.

I didn't mention Monogatari mainly because I've only watched the first one (or a portion of it). In general it really wasn't my thing, but I plan on watching all of them at some point.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-20-2015, 11:33 PM
That Fist of the North Star series sounds...weird.

Also, how come I never saw any fansubs for that new Lupin series?

Munsu
Sun, 09-20-2015, 11:42 PM
That Fist of the North Star series sounds...weird.

Also, how come I never saw any fansubs for that new Lupin series?

No one bothered with it I'll assume.

vejita613
Mon, 09-21-2015, 03:23 AM
Wow, a very short list for me this season.

Owarimonogatari
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Edort4
Mon, 09-21-2015, 07:01 AM
Wow this season looks as complete shit to me. Almost nothing catches my attention.

One Punch Man
Haikyuu!! 2

Even World Trigger is looking appealing among all that crap.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-21-2015, 09:02 AM
So, I'm guessing no one else is watching Fafner?

Munsu
Mon, 09-21-2015, 10:03 AM
So, I'm guessing no one else is watching Fafner?

I'm pretty sure I recall the first series being well liked around here, so it's surprising that no one seems to be following the newer ones... unless they're on the same boat as me and don't remember much from the first series so can't get up for it at the moment.

If I saw more people discussing it then it would help to motivate me, but I'll see if I can manage something.

MFauli
Mon, 09-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Alright, letīs see what Iīm interested in:

- Haikyuu! 2 (enojoyed the first season, so ill naturall follow s2, too. Animation makes this show)
- Kidou Senshi Gundam (the artworks looks good and I somewhat like the Gundam universe)
- One Punch Man (probaby this seasonīs MUST SEE. I read some of the manga. Story isnīt that special, but if the animeīs animation matches mangaīs drawings quality, this will be a pleasure to the eyes)
- Subete ga F ni naru (artwork looking fine, and I need some seinen)
- Utawarerumono (watched the original years ago, so Iīm interested in finding out whats this one about)
- Digimon tri ("first movie"? Arenīt these 20 min-episodes?)

I might also give that Chibi Shingeki no Kyoujin a try, but I expect the worst type of cheap, pandering cash-in.

Generally speaking, I have to say that Iīm truly growing tired of seeing so many anime starring young people only. I look at the artworks for Seraph or Objects, and it makes me wonder "hm, so serious events threaten mankind, and all the protagonists are ... teenagers?!" This isnīt because Iīm getting older myself, but itīs getting harder to accept as "suspension of disbelief". For example, young heroes make sense in something like Digimon (although even here, the later plots featured adults, too), but when you have a show depicting everyday life with such constellations, itīs just too unrealistic. Even within a fantasy world.

Munsu
Mon, 09-21-2015, 10:51 AM
Alright, letīs see what Iīm interested in:

- Haikyuu! 2 (enojoyed the first season, so ill naturall follow s2, too. Animation makes this show)
- K: Return of Kings (the synopsis sounds kinda interesting. Historical superpowered kings in modern Japan?)
- Kidou Senshi Gundam (the artworks looks good and I somewhat like the Gundam universe)
- One Punch Man (probaby this seasonīs MUST SEE. I read some of the manga. Story isnīt that special, but if the animeīs animation matches mangaīs drawings quality, this will be a pleasure to the eyes)
- Subete ga F ni naru (artwork looking fine, and I need some seinen)
- Utawarerumono (watched the original years ago, so Iīm interested in finding out whats this one about)
- Digimon tri ("first movie"? Arenīt these 20 min-episodes?)

I might also give that Chibi Shingeki no Kyoujin a try, but I expect the worst type of cheap, pandering cash-in.

Generally speaking, I have to say that Iīm truly growing tired of seeing so many anime starring young people only. I look at the artworks for Seraph or Objects, and it makes me wonder "hm, so serious events threaten mankind, and all the protagonists are ... teenagers?!" This isnīt because Iīm getting older myself, but itīs getting harder to accept as "suspension of disbelief". For example, young heroes make sense in something like Digimon (although even here, the later plots featured adults, too), but when you have a show depicting everyday life with such constellations, itīs just too unrealistic. Even within a fantasy world.

K: Return of Kings is a sequel just in case.

Here's the thread discussing the first series and movie:
https://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/21153-%E3%80%8CK%E3%80%8D

MFauli
Mon, 09-21-2015, 11:45 AM
ah okay thx. scratch that from my list then :>

Munsu
Mon, 09-21-2015, 02:07 PM

Specifically about Seraph... there was an epidemic released that targeted people above a certain age, so many of the older generation got killed off. But there's still older characters leading the charge, in fact, the young protagonists don't form part of the bigger action until the later episodes, and they're pretty much out-classed in various manners... risking some spoilers. Consider also that they're using weapons that not everyone is capable of using and there are hints of genetic modification, so in this particular regard, the youth is not that big of suspension of disbelief factor other than the acceptance of the fantastical... like vampires, etc.

But in general I agree, just wanted to point out that in this particular series there are some valid reasons for the youth (population decimation) and also the marginalization of their role as it is.

Just in case, it's a sequel as well. Here's the first series:
https://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/23286-Seraph-of-the-End-Owari-no-Seraph

MasterOfMoogles
Tue, 09-22-2015, 02:18 AM
As usual, I try to give pretty much everything a chance, so I'll just list what I'm most excited for:

Heavy Object - Having read the LN, I always thought this would make a good anime. Hopefully they can pull off the massive objects well.
One Punch Man - The amazingly drawn version of the manga is basically animated already at some points. I can't think it will live up to that, but this should be fun regardless.
Owarimonogatari - I'll take more Monogatari anytime. Ararararagi is the best.
Utawarerumono - I really liked the first anime, and even played the game afterwards. I hope this one is as good.
World Trigger - While this is an anime-original spinoff, I was really impressed with the later part of World Trigger. Definitely a fun shounen, so if their spinoff can live up to that, it should be interesting.
Garo - Gaaarooooo, Gaaroooo. Gaaarooo.

Ones I know less about but am interested in:
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - the summary reads like every other magical school battle anime (there are like 4 this season!), but A-1 pictures usually does a decent job, so I'm expecting this to be the best of the magical school battle shows this season.
Gundam - Here's hoping it is more 00 and less Reconguista...
Subete ga F - mystery story intrigues me. Ranpo Kitan didn't quite cut it this season.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-26-2015, 12:08 PM
I'm pretty shitted off that the Attack on Titan show isn't a real sequel. Otherwise, I'm not terribly interested this season. I might play catch-up on older stuff. That OVA list looks pretty damn good though.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 09-26-2015, 03:37 PM
Gundam - a no brainer for me. I'm not worried about it at all, since it's impossible to be worse than reconquista.
Comet Lucifer - not sure what to make of it, will give it a try.
Concrete Revolution - same as above.
Heavy Object - ditto.
One Punch man - Looks interesting.
Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan - swordfighting anime is always worth a shot.
Utawarerumono - Appreciated the previous series, will give this a try.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Co-opted into First Impressions thread!

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk - Bland generic series done right for once.
Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - Ugh. Bland generic series done wrong. Yet again.
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - High expectations for this series, thus far totally met.
Noragami Aragoto - Sequel to the series that manages to somehow work for me, also did not disappoint.
One-Punch Man - No surprises, was awesome. Hype-ICBM in full force.
Heavy Object - Piece of shit, bad animation for 10 years ago, move on.
Comet Lucifer - Seems like it wants to be Eureka 7, feels like it is Basquash without the good soundtrack.

MFauli
Wed, 10-07-2015, 05:56 AM
Man, just watched that Shingeki no Kyojin parody. Itīs not even THAT bad, but ... I cannot watch it. I want a real continuiation so badly that this one leaves a sour flavour.

Munsu
Sun, 10-18-2015, 12:02 PM
Well, this season has been a disappointment so far. Thought it was going to be quite a bit better, also most OPs/EDs seem to suck so far.

Garo: Guren no Tsuki - The Crimson Moon - So far not holding up to the first series and only one character I really care for at this moment. The story hasn't developed yet, so we'll see... but it has nothing to show for it after 2 episodes. Also, looks cheaper than the first series.

Haikyuu!! 2 - Nothing to complain about here. If you enjoyed the first season, you'll be enjoying this one. Glad another female character was introduced, with more female character dialogues as well. I wonder why they never integrated more of the female volleyball team to the series, particularly their captain.

Heavy Object - I've only watched the first episode and it sucked major balls. Not sure if it has improved since then. I'll probably check it out at some later point and see if I can marathon a few episodes to get into it. But so far, nothing of interest for me.

K: Return of Kings - Not much to say here other than first season started better I thought, it's missing it's main character which just arrived, so hopefully things improve from now on. I think the soundtrack is not fitting as well as it did in first series. Still, I've been enjoying it.

Noragami Aragoto - Good sequel so far, I think it's been better than the first series. Thumbs up.

One Punch Man - It's great, enough said.

Seraph of the End: Battle in Nagoya - Honestly I feel this might be among the top 3 strongest anime series currently airing (at least for my interests). First two episodes have done a good job to setting up the conflicts, plus Shinoa is one of the greatest characters in anime of all time.

Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry: A Tale of Worst One - Disappointing so far, 3rd episode at least was quite better. A step in the right direction, so a bit of hope yet. Even if disappointed with it, it has enough to hold my interest for 20 minutes a week so I'll keep up with it.

Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon - Another disappointment so far, I was looking forward to this one, but it has little to show for it, and latest developments hinting on what type of series this will be (more mecha than human physical action), doesn't spell positive for my interests. At least it has quite a bit of action. Much like Rakudai, enough to keep my interests for 20 minutes a week, but it's been quite bland so far.

The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water - Another of the 2-3 incredibly similar premises of animes based in LNs this season, but among them this is the one I've been actually enjoying. I think the cast is quite good and employs a bit of action and decent humor to stand a bit apart the others. Though similar, for some reason this one is actually working for me.

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - Haven't tried it yet, though seems like reactions overall have been positive? I'll wait a few more episodes until I get into it to marathon some episodes.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Haven't tried it yet, though early impressions I've seen seem good. I still want to finish Gundam 00 before starting this one. I'm in the second season, but not sure when I'll restart watching it.

Comet Lucifer - Haven't tried, though I plan on it. Doesn't seem that's all that bad from what I've heard.

Haven't checked anything else, and nothing else has caught my interest. That said, Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider is one that I'll probably try soon.