PDA

View Full Version : Garo: Honoo no Kokuin - The Carved Seal of Flames

Munsu
Fri, 09-11-2015, 08:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PajQVb1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdPyp-B33_k

Plot Summary: Mendosa, the chief adviser of the king of Valiante, begins a campaign to hunt down "witches," resulting in the deaths of many magical knights and their sorcerer assistants. Anna, a sorceress married to the knight Herman Lewis, gives birth to a son before her execution. Herman takes their child, Leon, and flees, raising him to be the heir of the legendary Golden Armor. By the time Leon grows up, Valiante is completely in the control of Mendosa, who drives out Prince Alfonso and his mother. Alphonso decides to seek out the man who inherited the Golden Armor to reclaim the throne and save his people.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16129

Just began watching Garo: Honoo no Kokuin - The Carved Seal of Flames and I have to say it's not half bad. Came into it with low expectations, but it's been fairly entertaining so far. I particularly like the Dad, he's fun.

Saw a few of you mentioning that you had watched a few episodes of this in other threads, and it seemed you guys were enjoying it also.

Anyone else watched this and managed to finish it?

In any case, there's another series coming up beginning next month Garo: Guren no Tsuki - The Crimson Moon, though it seems like it's loosely related (as in same universe, different time period and characters, etc.).

That's the main reason I began watching the series and gave it a shot. So far, I'm 7 episodes in and at the very least it's watchable. Main character is not likable so far, but we'll see.

Download first series here from WhyNot:
http://tracker.mrdrsr.net/41FE7F1FD62F79DCD1444024C1269D6E6FB97350

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-11-2015, 08:40 PM
I watched this til the end. There are some shocking stuff and overall it was a good watch.

I hate the dad though. Worthless asshats like that don't deserve oxygen.

Munsu
Fri, 09-11-2015, 08:45 PM
I watched this til the end. There are some shocking stuff and overall it was a good watch.

I hate the dad though. Worthless asshats like that don't deserve oxygen.

It's not that I like the Dad, but I think he's a fun character to have in the series. So, it really isn't that I like the Dad, but he makes his scenes entertaining to watch, that's what I meant above anything. At least so far.

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 09-11-2015, 08:48 PM
Aw, the dad was awesome. If anyone was annoying it was his stupid emo son.
There were a couple missteps in this show, but overall it was really enjoyable.

The OP of season 1 is also fantastic.
Gaaaaarooooo, Gaaarooo.

Munsu
Fri, 09-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Aw, the dad was awesome. If anyone was annoying it was his stupid emo son.
There were a couple missteps in this show, but overall it was really enjoyable.

The OP of season 1 is also fantastic.
Gaaaaarooooo, Gaaarooo.

Agreed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8KW2PD1_BA

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-11-2015, 11:30 PM
If you like randomly abusive, irrationally secretive, utterly promiscuous dads, then sure.

If that dad did even half a decent job of raising the protagonist, he wouldn't be so Sasuke, maybe not at all.

MFauli
Sat, 09-12-2015, 05:06 AM
That dad was awesome, fuck off.

Good anime overall. I gotta admit, I have a hard time with medieval settings these days, too much generic, cheap stuff. Reminds me that I have 5-6 episodes of Arslan to catch up, sigh. But Garo has just enough "special" and "unique" to make it fun. It feels too oldfashioned sometimes, though, and the red haired boy wasnßt an interesting hero until the part where he ... oh well, youre still watching :P

Oh, and this anime has an awesome sexual encounter that came outta nowhere. :D

Munsu
Sat, 09-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Well, León's EMO LEVEL just went over 9000 in episode 12... pathetic character so far.

Munsu
Mon, 09-14-2015, 12:01 AM
Well, just finished the series. More than half bad, this was actually a pretty good series to watch. I'll be recommending it to you guys who haven't watched it yet.

As for Germán, in the end I really liked him as a character.

Overall the series had a good combination of tragedy and uplifting moments combined with some humor and what I thought was some very good action sequences. Not at all what I was expecting when I picked it up.

Also glad that León improved as a character quite a bit after his EMO meltdown.

In any case, I'll be watching the 2nd series that starts next month for sure.

MFauli
Mon, 09-14-2015, 04:53 AM
also milf sex

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-14-2015, 11:10 AM
I still can't get over the tragic death of his love interest. The author seems to really hate Leon.

Munsu
Mon, 09-14-2015, 11:41 AM
I still can't get over the tragic death of his love interest. The author seems to really hate Leon.

I'm more worried about the dog, he left him for dead (he was alive last we saw him right?).

But yeah, that death was tragic. And stupid as well, as in, completely avoidable.

I wonder if the Makai Knights that will be in the next series will have any relation to these ones. It's in Japan, so probably doubtful.