PDA

View Full Version : One-Punch Man

Pages : [1] 2 3

Munsu
Sun, 09-06-2015, 08:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DE21Uzf.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzmFKUDOUgw

Genres: action, comedy

Plot Summary: One-Punch Man is a super hero who has trained so hard that his hair has fallen out, and who can overcome any enemy with one punch. However, because he is so strong, he has become bored and frustrated with winning all his battles so easily. (from manga)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16840
http://onepunchman-anime.net/

Series begins next month in October, I've been a big fan of the manga so really looking forward to this. I have a bit of trepidation given how little actual content there is, so not sure if this will be merely a short faithful series, if it'll have some anime original content to stretch it out, or if it'll completely diverge at some point.

Other than that, I think the comedy and action should sustain it regardless of what they choose to do.

Anyone else looking forward to this? I understand the first episode pre-aired somewhere already.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-06-2015, 08:47 AM
The original comic is really long, so they might cover that and get ahead of the manga.

Munsu
Sun, 09-06-2015, 08:50 AM
The original comic is really long, so they might cover that and get ahead of the manga.

That's true, wasn't really sure how long the original comic was... going by the chapter numeration it didn't seem all that long, so I'll rely on your judgement on that regard.

Honestly, not worrying it about it all that much. I think the content is highly adaptable and flexible.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 09-09-2015, 11:51 AM
I am so looking forward to this. Been reading it for a while now and the comedy is great but the art style is just the best.

Edort4
Wed, 09-09-2015, 02:07 PM
This series is amazing. I cant wait for it still didnt air and its allready my favourite show. I wonder how this will develop, will we see godlike enemies to match him or maybe he will lose his overwhelming power. I can also see him becoming a "threat" for the rest of thw world. He doesnt seem very concerned with collaterals and that could grant him numerous enemies.

Munsu
Sun, 10-04-2015, 12:19 PM
And here it is, episode 1! Horriblesubs:
http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=740771

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 10-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Loved every second of it.

lelouch
Sun, 10-04-2015, 07:27 PM
I don't know how you people enjoy this. I didn't laugh once. If I'm looking for comedy, I think I'll stick to south park or family guy. Even Inferno Cop was funnier than this.

Munsu
Sun, 10-04-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't know how you people enjoy this. I didn't laugh once. If I'm looking for comedy, I think I'll stick to south park or family guy. Even Inferno Cop was funnier than this.

Have fun.

lelouch
Sun, 10-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Have fun.

Haha I didn't mean to offend. I'm just having difficulty understanding the humour.

Munsu
Sun, 10-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Haha I didn't mean to offend. I'm just having difficulty understanding the humour.

That's fine, this isn't supposed to be a sitcom... so not sure why you came here looking for a comedy. Sure it has a backdrop with some humor and amusement at some of the situations (and parodic elements), but that's hardly the reason for coming to watch this. Main reason was always the main character, the art (which is better in the manga of course), and the action sequences and of course the amusement of everything that goes on. Plus, it's fun through and through.

But yeah, you don't come to this series with the explicit reason of looking for a laugh. Honestly, that's hardly a reason for any anime in my opinion, I don't find any particularly humorous.

lelouch
Sun, 10-04-2015, 09:36 PM
not sure why you came here looking for a comedy.

Genres: action, comedy

Lol.....

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-04-2015, 09:42 PM
Honestly, that's hardly a reason for any anime in my opinion, I don't find any particularly humorous.

Hare Nochi Guu begs to disagree.

OPM is a comedy, but that's because of the parody.

Munsu
Sun, 10-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Hare Nochi Guu begs to disagree.

OPM is a comedy, but that's because of the parody.

Damn, you caught me with the one series that I thought was actually funny.

I have no interest in debating what's a comedy and what's not a comedy, so whatever. His loss.

Edit:

For old time's sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8MIQKZEy4w

neflight86
Mon, 10-05-2015, 12:31 AM
Let the record show my post as a reservation at ground zero. This is the one to watch at the expense of any other show this season if you enjoy shounen.

Kraco
Mon, 10-05-2015, 02:23 AM
I didn't find the episode terribly funny, but I never assumed it should be in the first place. I have read only a page or two of the manga, so I didn't exactly know what this is all about (apart from what the name alone indicates), but in fact I was positively surprised by the variety of the opponents (and other people, like the ass chin kid) and the huge death toll. Really huge. No matter if One-Punch Man can end a fight with a single punch, it doesn't change the fact that thousands of people may have already died at that point. It's a pretty weird world, so weird that One-Punch Man isn't really anything special.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Are you all kidding me?

This show is fucking hilarious.

-He guts a crab by the eye
-Dumb-ass giant slaps the wrong shoulder
-Subterrans were 10x less awesome than the dream

I cracked up at all of that. It's brilliant.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Are you all kidding me?

It really is, especially the parody parts. The villains and their motivations are so funny because they are so commonly used in other stories. The lines and behavior of the giant and his brother were also hilarious in how typical they were.

The chin kid was hilarious too. The actual Japanese description was the kid with the cleft chin, not the big chin. The big chin description sorta ruined the surprise.

lelouch
Mon, 10-05-2015, 11:21 AM
Are you all kidding me?

Is your name Buzz Killington, by any chance?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Let the record show my post as a reservation at ground zero. This is the one to watch at the expense of any other show this season if you enjoy shounen.Alright. You sold me.

EDIT: S'good. I enjoy the parody concept of "What if Superman really liked fighting badguys as strong as him, but nobody is as strong as him."

I can only assume at some point he has to run into either someone who can take his punch, or someone he can't hit with a punch.

I will say, I don't understand why the concept of "holding back" doesn't occur to him as a way of making the fights more enjoyable.

I also like how he used to look like your typical really good looking anime character when he sucked, but then he became a badass, and now he looks doofy because of it. It's not even just that he went bald, but his facial features completely changed as well.

lelouch
Tue, 10-06-2015, 07:24 AM
I also like how he used to look like your typical really good looking anime character when he sucked, but then he became a badass, and now he looks doofy because of it. It's not even just that he went bald, but his facial features completely changed as well.

I think that's part of the..."humor"...

MFauli
Tue, 10-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Finally watched ep 1. Thb Iīm rather disappointed. Not for a lack of comedy, never went into this expecting it. First of all, animation isnīt as good as it needed to be. THIS is the manga that featured panels that made it feel like you were "reading an anime". Consequently, I expected super-detailed, fluid animation. What we got was either or. Details at some point, fluidity at others. During some dynamic scenes, they used that animation style that was, for example, used in the 1-tails-Kyuubi Naruto vs. CS2-Sasuke battle. Weird artstyle but extremely fluid animation. See, if this was any other anime, Iīd be fine with it. However, here I really wanted both. Fast, fluid, smooth animation at no expense to visible details.

Another, admittedly minor, gripe was how he saved that one girl from the first monster. We saw how thousands of people died (even discounting the dream), but somehow this one girl was worth saving? bullshit. Made me want to see her be killed ...

And lastly, I really donīt know what kind of story weīre about to get. With a hero that one-shots every enemy, building tension and a reasonable plots seems to be quite an endeavor. I read some manga chapters, but have forgotten most of it already. Sure, from the opening and ending you can guess that some more characters are about be introduced, but then what? Another enemy appears, and, bamm, one shotted. Ok.

Adding to that, I hope we will get a flashback to his training. Unless the author dismisses that part for hilarityīs sake, Iīd love to find out what kind of training granted him this power, as many people are training off their asses for their whole life without acquiring such strength.

neflight86
Tue, 10-06-2015, 11:39 PM
The true strength of One Punch Man (as a series) as it goes on lies in its ability to create and hold (shounen) tension without really compromising on the unfair premise. Any elaboration on that would essentially be spoilers, so I'll leave my opinion at that.

MasterOfMoogles
Thu, 10-08-2015, 03:34 AM
Great first episode. Everything I wanted to see.
I really liked the animation. I don't think you can expect a show to have details like the manga. That's just asking way too much. The kinetic style works well for this slightly wacky show, and remains pretty cool even when the characters deform.

I look forward to Saitama obliterating more villains with ridiculous backstories.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 10-11-2015, 01:30 PM
One Punch Man Ep 2 (https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=743493)

Love this show.

lelouch
Sun, 10-11-2015, 03:37 PM
hahah okay I laughed a little during this one.

Kraco
Sun, 10-11-2015, 04:14 PM
I certainly got amused more during this than the first ep. The cyborg's long life story and Saitama getting frustrated when it seemed to never end was a jolly scene. I think I'm finally catching the kind of humour than series is based on, and it's starting to click.

Munsu
Sun, 10-11-2015, 04:24 PM
hahah okay I laughed a little during this one.

Yeah, this episode had a funnier angle to it.

In all, fast paced episode with no real wasted moment and plenty of action. I don't think we can go too wrong with that.

Edort4
Sun, 10-11-2015, 05:51 PM
Special move "consecutive normal punches". Writer is pissing hard in all shonen mangakas out there. How did Genos beat the gorilla? He lost badly to Mosquito girl. Mad scientist guy talked as if she was small fry so I guess she couldnt be Nš1 strongest.

The more I see how bland and ridiculous Saitama is, with his ugly as fuck costume, there more I fall in love with the character.

And man I just imagined how good must have felt to splash the damn mosquito girl with one slap. Nothing quenches my anger when suffering the pest of a mosquito more than splashing it.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 10-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Anyone noticed that with his 'slap' he split the freaking clouds?! I love how he calls it a normal punch. Makes you wonder how strong he can be if he gets angry.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-11-2015, 08:56 PM
This show is absolutely awesome.

The comedy is spot on. The parodies really hit home. And the action.

THE ACTION.

Animation and direction are absolutely superb.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Special move "consecutive normal punches". Writer is pissing hard in all shonen mangakas out there. How did Genos beat the gorilla? He lost badly to Mosquito girl. Mad scientist guy talked as if she was small fry so I guess she couldnt be Nš1 strongest.

He did say he dropped his guard and let the Mozzie girl get the better of him - and it was all because he thought non-robots are unworthy. I think he must have fought his hardest in a long time against that gorilla.

After her power-up she also destroyed a building in one strike similar to Lion, so I'd say she was above his level from that point onwards.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-12-2015, 09:24 AM
He let his guard down.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-12-2015, 09:21 PM
I'm disappointed he didn't spare the moleman and have him fix the apartment building with his aggregate and masonry skills.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-12-2015, 09:26 PM
It's cause the mole ran. Flee = death.

MFauli
Thu, 10-15-2015, 07:53 AM
sucks that he killed the mosquito girl. she was kinda hot :>

Munsu
Thu, 10-15-2015, 08:15 AM
sucks that he killed the mosquito girl. she was kinda hot :>

Wanted to say the same, but didn't want to be accused of being an zoophile.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-15-2015, 08:56 AM
Nah man, mosquito girls are fine. I liked her annoyed voice as well, which made the preview all the better.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 10-15-2015, 04:58 PM
Nah man, mosquito girls are fine. I liked her annoyed voice as well, which made the preview all the better.

You guys are sick.

Everyone knows that loli-roaches (http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/gokicha.jpg) are the way to go.

UChessmaster
Thu, 10-15-2015, 07:38 PM
A) Is that Sasuke?

B) Why can`t Dragon Ball Super afford animation like this?

C) Loving this series.

lelouch
Sun, 10-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Episode 3:

-----------------------------------

Gee, people really love One Punch Man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwGwk217aCQ

Are you guys as excited as this kid?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Haha, did some say Berserk Mode (http://i.imgur.com/yD7sZE7.png)?

----------------------

It's a bit hard to get me excited overall. At the very least, I'm not as animated and energetic as he is about all of this.

By episode 2 we know to expect things to be bullshit. His whole training arc speil being normal was telegraphed a mile away so it wasn't exactly a surprise. Same with the supermarket thing.

Genos blowing up the trap tower though (which he didn't mention), that was a nice surprise. I think it's all to do with how sudden things are.

The OP animation actually looks like more like Saitama's training over 3 years.

Munsu
Sun, 10-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Episode 3:

-----------------------------------

Gee, people really love One Punch Man...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwGwk217aCQ

I get a kick when I see these kids' anime stuff in the background... All I have is a stack of burned CDs/DVDs and some HDDs to show for it.

Anyways, I really enjoyed episode 3. Looking forward to this ninja in the next episode.

lelouch
Sun, 10-18-2015, 08:29 PM
I get a kick when I see these kids' anime stuff in the background... All I have is a stack of burned CDs/DVDs and some HDDs to show for it.

Anyways, I really enjoyed episode 3. Looking forward to this ninja in the next episode.

It's probably just part of smart marketing - having a cool and relevant background for his videos. Given the number of his subscribers I'd say he's quite business savvy.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-18-2015, 09:51 PM
@Buff - Good eye on EVA-01. I didn't realize it til you posted. I don't think he was colored in the manga.

MFauli
Mon, 10-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Ugh, the training regimen revelation was complete bullshit. Sucks that this series isnt interested in believably explaining its heroīs powers, instead falls back on comedic value there :/

Kraco
Mon, 10-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Ugh, the training regimen revelation was complete bullshit. Sucks that this series isnt interested in believably explaining its heroīs powers, instead falls back on comedic value there :/

That was the best part of the episode. If you label it bullshit, you don't unfortunately understand the humour in this show at all.

MFauli
Mon, 10-19-2015, 05:03 PM
That was the best part of the episode. If you label it bullshit, you don't unfortunately understand the humour in this show at all.

Thereīs humor and thereīs bullshit. This here is the latter. It relegates the entire show into the "absurd comedy" genre. Which is okay. Itīs just not what I hoped for (which was a funny shounen-series that still has reasonably roots for its characters).

neflight86
Mon, 10-19-2015, 06:39 PM
He slapped a fissure in the clouds themselves last episode. No training is going to explain that kind of power satisfactorily. It was wiser to use the opportunity/set up for another shounen depreciating gag.

Let me say this: in OPM, everybody else plays by the rules of shounen battle manga. Saitama himself, as the outlier, creates the irony and deconstruction of shounen tropes that is the platform for the comedy. This is only possibly funny if you have watched enough shounen to know what to expect an encounter to be or how it should play out. The deadpan presentation should itself contrast with the "friendship, teamwork, and victory" that we are used to. Leading up to the punch line is the action, the other pillar of OPM, which nobody is complaining about.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-19-2015, 07:01 PM
Thereīs humor and thereīs _____. This here is the latter.
The correct term is satire. And this is a brilliant example of it.

The entire conceit is that the hero of the story puts in minimal effort and is so overwhelmingly powerful that he defeats his enemies in one punch, and is horribly dissatisfied with it as a result because he never feels the thrill of battle, despite how promising things might seem. It eviscerates the clichés that plague the shonen/seinen genres.

And all the while, tension is maintained, because we the audience keep wondering if at some point...one punch might not be enough.

One thing has been made clear, repetition and dedication is key to becoming more than what you started as. Saitama worked "hard" to become superhuman, crab-guy ate too much crab and became a crab guy, Genus worked hard on his own theories and cracked the fountain of youth and genetic manipulation.

In contrast, Genos went for the shortcut and became a cyborg. He's super powerful, but didn't work for it. Correspondingly, he's been getting his ass kicked every episode so far. Those who dedicate themselves to a particular task are stronger or produce stronger underlings that he's no match for. He doesn't believe that Saitama could have achieved that level of power from basic training, and limits himself as a result.

As dumb as this series is, perhaps it is too sophisticated for you. Perhaps you'd better enjoy one of the three alarmingly-identical shonen harem series this season.

MFauli
Mon, 10-19-2015, 07:23 PM
It eviscerates the clichés that plague the shonen/seinen genres.

As dumb as this series is, perhaps it is too sophisticated for you. Perhaps you'd better enjoy one of the three alarmingly-identical shonen harem series this season.

I canīt accept those three sentences coming from the same person. By stating the first sentence, youīre implying that OPM is better at being a shounen-series than "the others". Then you proceed to downplay the quality of other popular shounen-series. That doesnīt compute. Either, OPM is satire, or it is better shounen than "the others". And maybe Iīm such a dumb fellow, but witnessing the source of a heroīs power isnīt boring, isnīt clichee or whatever, it is EXCITING. It is captivating. It creates a pull, it makes me empathize with the hero. When that weirdo Rock Lee showed up and beat the prodigy Sasuke, everybody was like "wtf!?". It was so weird. But then we got those flashbacks of his training, running around all the time, wearing absurd weights permanently. Thatīs what made it so great.

Finding out that Saitama did pretty much nothing to become that strong, surely works for a 100% comedy show. But it can never compete with a serious story, even if weīre just talking about the bland popular shounen shows like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach or whatever. See, even Dragon Ball, a show very much seeded in the comedy genre, too, manages to give pseudo-logical explanations for its heroesī powers. Itīs not super clever, itīs not always entirely sound, but ... it fits the story and therefore allows for excitment. Son Goku facing Freezer on Namek wouldnīt be exciting at all if we hadnīt witnessed his 100g training during his space flight to the alien planet. It wouldnīt have been exciting without him losing to Ginyuīs body-switch technique, then growing stronger after regenerating thanks to his Saiyan abilities. It was this progression that made it so exciting when he finally stood in front of the big bad guy. Imagine that Goku never trained, just appeared in front of Freezer, and won. What about it? It would be meaningless. And thatīs whatīs happening here in OPM: The nonsensical powers of Saitama make any confrontations meaningless. Moreover, even if we could have pondered if there might ever appear an enemy who can take more than just one punch, buy revealing that his powers came from pretty much out of nowhere, even that excitment is gone.

Iīll summarize it a bit: As a straight-forward comedy show, OPM is fine and still works. As a shounen show, it sucks. And calling it "deconstruction of shounen clichees" or whatever is giving it too much credit.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-19-2015, 07:27 PM
While what you said is true on many levels, and well written...what you still fail to grasp is that this series is satire, bordering on outright parody. The clear difference is that this is not parody, but absolutely satire. A key but important difference.

Unsatisfying shonen build-up (and lack thereof) is what this series is all about.

We as the viewers know Saitama will defeat his foes in a single punch. We now know that he thought he worked hard to become what he is, but no one else thinks so. He's simply absurdly strong for no rational reason.

But deep down, we watch with baited breath for the moment that one punch isn't enough.

It's no deconstruction. It is outright criticism. All the build up, all the training montages, all the near victories. This series spits in their face.

edit 2:
Just so this is abundantly clear, a parody of shonen/seinen is TTGL/Gintama. They exaggerate and play up the absurdities of the genre. OPM is a satire, it insults the hallmarks of the shonen genre by emphasizing and elevating the opposites.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-19-2015, 07:41 PM
what you still fail to grasp is that this series is satire, bordering on outright parody.

This. You're really not supposed to take any of this seriously. The awesome action parts are all fluff and meaningless in the greater scheme of his one punch OPness.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-19-2015, 09:46 PM
By episode 2 we know to expect things to be bullshit. His whole training arc speil being normal was telegraphed a mile away so it wasn't exactly a surprise. Same with the supermarket thing.It's definitely the running joke of this series so far.

Large amount of build-up for something. Followed by, oh wait, nevermind.

Leading up to the punch line is the action, the other pillar of OPM, which nobody is complaining about.Hur.

David75
Mon, 10-19-2015, 11:24 PM
I do not think any training can have your body withstand explosions, highspeed impacts with giant fists/walls/rocks, can have you be able to open 3cm thick metal sheets as if they were paper thin or whatever.
His latent powers are already several orders of magnitude higher than what his limbs would be able to bear as your average joe.
Reason? plausability? That's not the right angle here ;)

Munsu
Mon, 10-19-2015, 11:26 PM

http://i.imgur.com/AljNaNW.jpg

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 10-20-2015, 03:47 AM
That's the thing. Nobody knows how the hell he got that strong. He doesn't even know. He thought it was his own training that made that happen.

Kraco
Tue, 10-20-2015, 04:53 AM
That's the thing. Nobody knows how the hell he got that strong. He doesn't even know. He thought it was his own training that made that happen.

Even if Bill foresaw it (he's analysing this show far too deeply if he's spending time pondering such questions before they happen), I found the scene hilarious. Like the cyborg said, it was super reasonable and realistic training and in no way enough to make somebody able to beat real monsters. Yet Saitama himself thought it was a totally gruesome and unreasonable regimen he forced himself to go through, turning him into an unstoppable killing machine.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-20-2015, 05:30 AM
That's the thing. Nobody knows how the hell he got that strong. He doesn't even know. He thought it was his own training that made that happen.Indeed. The guy ripped a giant crab's guts out through it's eye socket before he began training at all.

It's possible he's always had super strength for some reason, and he's just not aware of it.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-20-2015, 11:40 PM
I don't think he was colored in the manga.

I wouldn't have thought so either, and thought Did the studio just do that? Nice.

Munsu
Sun, 10-25-2015, 06:02 PM
And along came episode 4:
http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=749058

lelouch
Sun, 10-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Hilarious episode

Munsu
Sun, 10-25-2015, 08:45 PM
Hilarious episode

LOL, I'm enjoying the 180 you did from your first reaction to this series.

Anyways, I'm a bit disappointed with the portrayal of Sonic. I would've preferred if they did a better job with the ambiguity of the gender of the character, particularly with the voice actor. A more feminine one would've worked better for me, kinda like Pitou in Hunter X Hunter.

That said, now on to the Hero testing and such, which is an angle of the series I really enjoy in part because it supports the series with a more structured story other than random episodic events.

lelouch
Sun, 10-25-2015, 09:19 PM
LOL, I'm enjoying the 180 you did from your first reaction to this series.

That's because you have to admit, the first episode wasn't funny. However episodes 2 and 4 I laughed out loud more than an average episode of family guy, which is an accomplishment.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-25-2015, 10:09 PM
Eh? I found all the episodes to be funny. Even if I didn't, I understand the logic behind the humor. You don't have to personally like the comedy style to understand that joke behind it.

@Munsu - What? Sonic was always a guy to me. Look at his friggin body.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE FEMALES TO SHOW UP. Especially #2 loli rolls.

Munsu
Sun, 10-25-2015, 10:11 PM

Considering your fascination for flat chested chicks, I find this comment confusing.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Lolis aren't muscular...

Munsu
Sun, 10-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Lolis aren't muscular...

http://i.imgur.com/8T88nOg.jpg

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Not in her loli form at least.

Jojo form is another thing altogether and almost made me drop HxH.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-26-2015, 01:09 AM
Anyways, I'm a bit disappointed with the portrayal of Sonic. I would've preferred if they did a better job with the ambiguity of the gender of the character, particularly with the voice actor. A more feminine one would've worked better for me, kinda like Pitou in Hunter X Hunter.

It's all the funnier now whenever I remember Ark wants to tap this guy.

http://i.imgur.com/a7uA46h.jpg

I tend to agree.

--------------

I can't wait to see Genos's face when he learns how disappointingly weak his augmentation would be compared to Saitama. Just superhuman strength makes Sensei feel very down.

--------------

Here's the OP song. Be warned, it's not as good as the TV cut.

[151021] TVアニメ「ワンパンマン(One-Punch Man)」OPテーマ「THE HERO !! ~怒れる拳に火をつけろ~」/JAM Project (FLAC+CUE+LOG) (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=747927)
[151021] TVアニメ「ワンパンマン(One-Punch Man)」OPテーマ「THE HERO !! ~怒れる拳に火をつけろ~」/JAM Project (320K) (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=747929)

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-26-2015, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I don't get how the gender was supposed to be ambiguous. They did a punched-in-the-balls joke in the character's first appearance.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-26-2015, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I don't get how the gender was supposed to be ambiguous. They did a punched-in-the-balls joke in the character's first appearance.

A punch in the clit hurts as well, just in case this wasn't known. However, the presence of a sac (may not have been shown in the manga) is highly, highly suggestive of male genitalia. He does have some girlish traits and mannerisms though.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-26-2015, 04:36 AM
His poses are very girly.

But it is still very obviously a dude (to most of us), which makes Arch the Trap Lover's confused attraction to him even funnier.

MasterOfMoogles
Mon, 10-26-2015, 09:36 PM
I feel like Speed of Sound Sonic's battle was better animated in the manga.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-26-2015, 09:52 PM
It was way more than good enough in the anime, I think.

MasterOfMoogles
Mon, 10-26-2015, 10:15 PM
Oh sure, it was fine. It just never ceases to amaze me how good Murata Yuusuke's art is on the manga.
http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/File:One_punch_man_speed_of_sound_sonic_animated_b y_eheroflareneos-d63nv7f.gif

Ryllharu
Tue, 10-27-2015, 03:07 AM
Yeah, but it just means all the storyboarding was already done for Madhouse. Saves them some time/funding they can use elsewhere in the production.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-27-2015, 09:01 AM
The original comic is really long, so they might cover that and get ahead of the manga.Not really sure why you think this. There's only, like, 80 chapters. And the 2nd episode covered, like, 5 chapters.

If this makes it to 26 episodes without resorting to filler, I'll be surprised.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Are you thinking about the original One Punch Man comic or the remake?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-28-2015, 04:59 PM
I just realized, if the Hero exam is anything like the Hunter exam, he's screwed.

That last round where you have to beat everyone without killing anyone? He'd never be able to pass that!

Are you thinking about the original One Punch Man comic or the remake?Oh. I didn't know there were two different ones. I just looked it up on MangaPanda.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-28-2015, 06:40 PM
He just spared ninja kid and cone head. He'll manage.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-01-2015, 03:25 PM
05 (https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=751759)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure why I thought the exam might be something other than an elaborate joke...

Anyway, yeah, apparently he CAN pull his punches, so I'm not sure why he doesn't just hold back all the time since his fights are so boring to him.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Because holding back is boring. If gamers find it boring in fighting games, I can only imagine how terrible it would be in real fights. Excitement comes from real danger, not faked suspense.

Kraco
Sun, 11-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Because holding back is boring. If gamers find it boring in fighting games, I can only imagine how terrible it would be in real fights. Excitement comes from real danger, not faked suspense.

Real danger and challenge. He could give himself handicaps to artificially create challenges, but that would clash with being a hero. After all, in pretty much all the incidents so far, people have died. So, one can't really call himself a hero if he makes sport out of such disasters. If Saitama was fighting just for fun (though he doesn't have much fun), it would be a different thing, but he is doing the hero thing, so it can't be helped. He has to take it seriously despite it making it deadly boring. No wonder he developed British dry humour.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-01-2015, 05:34 PM
I did notice though that the founder of the Hero association was clearly Cleft-boy's father. So Saitama is the reason the Hero association exists.

Because holding back is boring. If gamers find it boring in fighting games, I can only imagine how terrible it would be in real fights. Excitement comes from real danger, not faked suspense.You SAY that, but when the Genos blew up that tower, ruining all the setups the badguys had made for them, he said that was mean. So clearly, he understands the concept of holdings back just for the fun of experiencing what the enemy has to throw at them.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-01-2015, 05:41 PM
He was interested in seeing the enemies' reaction, sure. But that doesn't really compare to real excitement from a full power struggle. Playing with his opponents isn't really exciting as opposed to it being somewhat entertaining, and that only for the first few times.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-01-2015, 10:41 PM
He was interested in seeing the enemies' reaction, sure. But that doesn't really compare to real excitement from a full power struggle. Playing with his opponents isn't really exciting as opposed to it being somewhat entertainingGranted, but he doesn't get EITHER by killing everything in one punch.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Excitement is what he is looking for though, so I can't fault him for not toying with his opponents.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-01-2015, 11:50 PM
I think the whole "holding back" thing isn't really consistent. It's just there for comic relief. That means, if it's funnier to leave Snek on the floor, that's how it'll work. If it's more hilarious to see the opponent vaporise, that's how his punch will work. Or if a scrotum lands on it.. whatever.

I forgot how awesome Mondays were.

Kraco
Mon, 11-02-2015, 02:37 AM
Excitement is what he is looking for though, so I can't fault him for not toying with his opponents.

I don't remember him really toying with the opponents. He's almost always looking forward to seeing what they can do, provided they seem at least remotely promising and haven't pissed him off personally. But I don't consider that toying with them.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-02-2015, 08:51 AM
Please reread.

MFauli
Mon, 11-02-2015, 11:28 AM
All I wonder is if we really will never get a logical explanation for his powers. The way Genos wondered about it in this episode has me hopeful we will. Since Saitamaīs power is not a result of training (unless he was lying about it), it might be about his true origins or whatever. So maybe analyzing his DNA will yield some results.

David75
Mon, 11-02-2015, 11:40 AM
You want a logical explanation to the load of fun made at anime tropes? Now that makes me laugh.
Remember how the upgraded gorilla was made fun of when he tried the long explanation? Genos in the same ep?
Remember how the cloned scientist failed?
In truth, it might be we really don't care for an explanation, do we?

UChessmaster
Mon, 11-02-2015, 01:35 PM
The way I see this is that this series is a ĻmockeryĻto shounen anime and not an actual shounen, I would honestly not want them to find an oponent that requires more than one punch, properly explain his powers or whatever other generic anime characteristic.

Complaining about this show not being shounen enough is like complaining that Scary movie was not scary enough, you missed the point entirely.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-02-2015, 01:38 PM
What makes me laugh is that people are still trying to explain this to Mfauli.

MFauli
Mon, 11-02-2015, 02:02 PM
I dont really care about the parody aspect. I only care about what I want, and itīd be more fun to me if there was a pseudo-logical explanation to his powers. I remember when Naruto started to be shit ... which was when logic was thrown outta the window. If this was a pure comedy-show, I wouldnīt have any problems with logic and such, but itīs an anime that presents serious fights and situations, so to enjoy those, I need more logic in there. Otherwise itīs just a complete mess.

UChessmaster
Mon, 11-02-2015, 02:15 PM
I dont really care about the parody aspect.

Wrong anime then, plain and simple.

I only care about what I want

Explains plenty.

Itīd be more fun to me if there was a pseudo-logical explanation to his powers.

So you want a serious explanation so you can have a laugh... alright.

If this was a pure comedy-show, I wouldnīt have any problems with logic and such

This IS a pure comedy show that takes cliche shounen rules as its uhmmm, punch line.

But itīs an anime that presents serious fights and situations, so to enjoy those, I need more logic in there. Otherwise itīs just a complete mess.

And Scary Movie represents actual creepy misteries and plenty of murders, did you also need logic back then? Did it make sense to you that the guy ejaculated galons of sperm? Did you ask for a pseudo explanation of where he could possibly save all that cum before you could laugh at that part?

neflight86
Mon, 11-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Favorite part this ep was Saitama getting excited over the prospect of a fan club.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-02-2015, 04:02 PM
And Scary Movie represents actual creepy misteries and plenty of murders, did you also need logic back then? Did it make sense to you that the guy ejaculated galons of sperm? Did you ask for a pseudo explanation of where he could possibly save all that cum before you could laugh at that part?
The fact that you are referencing that scene in order to respond to a statement about something being "just a complete mess," is brilliant beyond my ability to adequately describe.

My kingdom for a pos rep.
(Not enough people to keep my rep queue clear these days.)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Favorite part this ep was Saitama getting excited over the prospect of a fan club.

Aside from the fight, I'd agree.

Genos brushing it aside as "nobody cares about that" made it all the better. Poor guy just wants a bloody fan club.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Hey, hey. Everyone would want a fan club of some sort. It's recognition. Genos is the abnormal one here.

Edort4
Tue, 11-03-2015, 08:58 AM
This series keeps getting better and better. I knew that Saitama was going to "fail" in the hero exam in some way. At least he proved by breaking all records and measurements that he is "something else". Its nice how we were hinted that the reason that they even exist is cause he saved the founders child and still he is totally unrecognized and put in the lowest rank of the association. Genos has done almost nothing and he is already a big star getting special treatment from the A #1.

The fight animations are amazing. Even if this show would have no humor or plot at all only watching those would be the best experience in anime in a while.

Also: I can pay rent... toothbrush?

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
All I wonder is if we really will never get a logical explanation for his powers. The way Genos wondered about it in this episode has me hopeful we will.See, I keep doing that too. Going "Okay, this is a shounen series, so there will be some awesome reveal about his powers."

But then I go "Wait, everything in this series ends up being a joke, so that's going to be a joke too."

Favorite part this ep was Saitama getting excited over the prospect of a fan club.My favorite was the high jump into the ceiling.

Also: I can pay rent... toothbrush?Oh yeah, found that out last week.

PSA: There are funny scenes after the credits of every episode. I don't usually watch shows after the credits cause I don't watch previews. But these scenes aren't previews and are often really fully.

MFauli
Tue, 11-03-2015, 12:53 PM
But then I go "Wait, everything in this series ends up being a joke, so that's going to be a joke too."

See, thatīs the problem: Everything is NOT a joke ... except for Saitama. All the characters, all the villains, everything around him behaves and acts like a serious, typical shounen anime. And, to be exact, even Saitama fits well into this serious context. A problem only arise when you refuse to explain his powers. Thatīs where it all crumbles and you have to apply the "pure comedy anime" label to make it all work.

People here can keep insulting me all they want, it doesnīt change the above fact. It is only ONE aspect in this anime that forces it to be called "comedy". If we had a logical explanation for Saitamaīs powers, thereīd be no reason not to take it all serious. And Iīd personally prefer that, because a serious shounen-series doesnīt exclude comedy or portions of parody.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-03-2015, 01:50 PM
See, thatīs the problem: Everything is NOT a joke ... except for Saitama.Right, the main character, which pretty much every interaction in the show involves. Making everything in the show a joke.

Sorry, I'm with everyone else. This is a comedy series. It's looks like a badass action series, but it's not, that's just the setup for the joke.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Dat's the joke.

Kraco
Tue, 11-03-2015, 03:24 PM
It's the fact it's not desperately trying to crack jokes left and right which makes it so good comedy. The writing, setting, characters, and scenes speak for themselves. I attribute to this why I didn't find the first ep so terribly funny, but once I got used to it, it all started to click wonderfully.

MFauli
Tue, 11-03-2015, 06:09 PM
It's looks like a badass action series, but it's not, that's just the setup for the joke.

And thatīs what I personally find disappointing/frustrating. Thereīs a great shounen series inside, but itīs all led ad absurdum by one character. You guys donīt need to be all "that is the point!!1", I understand that. I just donīt like that too much. Okay?

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-03-2015, 06:25 PM
You know, if you don't like it, you can just not watch it.

The series is not going to change no matter how much you complain about how it doesn't satisfy you. There are three identical shonen series this season that can satisfy your concerns expressed here.

I thought Heavy Object was shit and I dropped it on the first episode. Were there redeeming factors in that series? Maybe, if very few. But I'm not going to pretend it is going to shift into more standard mecha fare.

MFauli
Tue, 11-03-2015, 06:30 PM
You know, if you don't like it, you can just not watch it.

Stop your smug act NOW.

I never said I donīt like this anime. I donīt like that one aspect of it.
And unless you spoiled me something, we still donīt know if weīll maybe get a logical explanation one day. After all, since some villains grow curious of Saitama, theyīll want to analyze him, take cell samples and stuff.

Ryllharu
Tue, 11-03-2015, 07:13 PM
This series doesn't conform to what I want it to be. Waaaaaah.

It's one thing to complain about a shitty show being shit (it's even fun sometimes) or repeatedly attacking the flaws of a series that takes itself far too seriously.

You're criticizing the central gag of a series that is a known satire as not being serious enough. A change that would result in making a satire series no longer a satire.

You don't like, appreciate, or understand satire. We get it. We established this back on page 3.

Bitching about your hopes and dreams that this series will jump the shark and become a serious version of what it is lampooning is deeply flawed on a fundamental basis. You're seriously better off finding something else if this offends you to such a degree that you have to carry on for two additional pages about how it doesn't satisfy you.

I realize that in reviewing the discussion on page 3, that I've repeated everything I said there over again. The difference is that I was polite about it then. I'm not now.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-03-2015, 07:22 PM
What makes me laugh is that people are still trying to explain this to Mfauli.

Dat's the joke.

MFauli
Tue, 11-03-2015, 07:37 PM
It's one thing to complain about a shitty show being shit (it's even fun sometimes) or repeatedly attacking the flaws of a series that takes itself far too seriously.

You're criticizing the central gag of a series that is a known satire as not being serious enough. A change that would result in making a satire series no longer a satire.

You don't like, appreciate, or understand satire. We get it. We established this back on page 3.

Bitching about your hopes and dreams that this series will jump the shark and become a serious version of what it is lampooning is deeply flawed on a fundamental basis. You're seriously better off finding something else if this offends you to such a degree that you have to carry on for two additional pages about how it doesn't satisfy you.

I realize that in reviewing the discussion on page 3, that I've repeated everything I said there over again. The difference is that I was polite about it then. I'm not now.

Extremely condescending attitude. Makes me a little sad. But Iīm not one to resort to insults and badmouthing my debate partner, so Iīll try once again: You paint a picture as if I constantly barge into this thread to bitch about the samt thing. That is not true. As I mentioned in my posting about the latest episode, I touched on the subject again, because Genos touched on it again, too. I already forgot the specific scene, but there was one where Genos wondered about Saitamaīs powerīs source again. That made me hopeful that weīd eventually get an explanation after all.

Now, what you did was going into full "letīs insult MFauli for complaining again, sigh"-mode, even when that was never a truth in any of all universes. I can promise you that you wonīt hear me mention Saitamaīs powerīs source next week if there is no reason for it. That is all.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-04-2015, 02:01 AM
I didn't find the first ep so terribly funny

I'm still baffled by how anyone can find this series not funny, ep1 included.

I can promise you that you wonīt hear me mention Saitamaīs powerīs source next week if there is no reason for it. That is all.

It's been passed down through generations of the Saitama family. You'll soon see a sister who kicks his ass.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-04-2015, 02:52 AM
I'm still baffled by how anyone can find this series not funny, ep1 included.I didn't find the first episode particularly funny either.

Munsu
Sun, 11-08-2015, 10:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pErpuMHceL4

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-08-2015, 01:51 PM
HS - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=754371)

---------------------------

@Munsu: Oh, damn. I totally forgot about that guy. Good tip.

I'm starting to get sick of Saitama being stuck in C class now. I want him to make it big. After 6 episodes of him being underappreciated by the general population I'm feeling sorry for him. I get the irony of him being such a big hero that he's a monster to everybody and all.. but this has actually been the weakest episode to date.

The best part was Saitama having issues about scamming Genos, then actually scamming him.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE FEMALES TO SHOW UP

I can see why.

MFauli
Sun, 11-08-2015, 02:01 PM
Great episode, but I also cannot wait for Saitama to get the deserved recognition. Actually, seeing how lackluster those A-rank heroes were, I wonder if ANY of the S-rank heroes can even slightly compare to Saitamaīs power/speed.

I also wonder how Genos intends to get stronger. Seems like all he can do is rely on the professor that built him. Well, I guess Genos could make his own cyborg-inventions and improve himself that way.

And yeah, letīs hope we get some quality h-doujins featuring that blizzard lady or what she called herself.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Great episode, but I also cannot wait for Saitama to get the deserved recognition. Actually, seeing how lackluster those A-rank heroes were, I wonder if ANY of the S-rank heroes can even slightly compare to Saitamaīs power/speed.

They can't. He broke all physical records by huge margins. No one can match him physically.

They must compensate in other ways if they're anything like Saitama. Tornado for example has telekinesis.

I was surprised to learn that Saitama can get tired.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-08-2015, 02:53 PM
Huh? He's like tired of his life from the very start.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-08-2015, 03:26 PM
I love that he's the monster they're all worried about and nobody knows it. Not even him.

I hadn't even noticed that his neighborhood was abandoned except for him.

I'm starting to get sick of Saitama being stuck in C class now....what the fuck? He's been a Hero for ONE EPISODE!

Kraco
Sun, 11-08-2015, 03:41 PM
It's fitting that Saitama is gaining more fame as an unknown monster than as a hero. He could have instantly shifted to perhaps class A if he had just stuck around after beating the kelp monster, but he never realises such things. Instead he did the obvious shounen MC thing and just harvested material for his next dinners. He wouldn't even have put Sonic to any use if Sonic hadn't rammed the situation down his throat. Saitama is poorly suited to being a formal hero. I hope Tatsumaki becomes his friend. She seems like a funny person.

Munsu
Sun, 11-08-2015, 03:58 PM
@Munsu: Oh, damn. I totally forgot about that guy. Good tip.

Got it from Ace of Diamond, pitcher started singing an Anpanman song.

I don't recall any of these events from the manga. I wonder if they're from the web comic or anime original, or I've simply forgotten.

Edort4
Sun, 11-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Another good episode. I really liked how he keeps trying to get rid of Genos. I was feeling bad for poor speedo-sound sonic but then he went in a senseless rampage only to get Saitamas attention. Thats a dick move. Also those A rank guys seemed pretty weak (even compared to Genos).

If this hero association thing is the basis of the manga I dont think his promotions in ranks should be rushed. Unless its a very short anime or just a short arc I would like to get this paced well. Maybe getting to B in 3-4 episodes.

Also someone should ban this doubleposters... sigh. Shame on you.

p.s: that doogy guy looked pretty plain (and strong) maybe S rank is the real thing and Saitama can find a match there.

Kraco
Sun, 11-08-2015, 05:33 PM
maybe S rank is the real thing and Saitama can find a match there.

No, I'm pretty sure Saitama will never find a match anywhere, apart from time itself. Unless he punches Grim Reaper in the face by accident when the time comes and is doomed to live forever without getting satisfied.

Munsu
Sun, 11-08-2015, 05:33 PM
Another good episode. I really liked how he keeps trying to get rid of Genos. I was feeling bad for poor speedo-sound sonic but then he went in a senseless rampage only to get Saitamas attention. Thats a dick move. Also those A rank guys seemed pretty weak (even compared to Genos).

If this hero association thing is the basis of the manga I dont think his promotions in ranks should be rushed. Unless its a very short anime or just a short arc I would like to get this paced well. Maybe getting to B in 3-4 episodes.

Also someone should ban this doubleposters... sigh. Shame on you.

p.s: that doogy guy looked pretty plain (and strong) maybe S rank is the real thing and Saitama can find a match there.

These damn double posters are RUINING everything! Get off MY lawn!

Don't worry, I'm sure a mod/admin will soon arrive and merge the culprit posts. Heck, even give them an infraction for the trouble O.o

Last I read the anime was going to be about 12-13 episodes long. Hope we get more. The info my be out dated since I read that just prior to the anime beginning to air.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Just watched it. Anime-original, here we gooooo!

I like that they brought in the two ladies this early. This episode was not as funny as the others though. The best parts are Saitama's complaint about the seaweed and hair effects and the blatant parodying of Hunter X Hunter (and other derivatives) with the city visit, the ranks, and the strange powers. Even the forest monster scene was screaming Chimera ants.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-08-2015, 10:26 PM
I thought the rapier guy was pretty cool. Turned his sword into the Sword of Lethargy (http://www.woodus.com/den/gallery/graphics/dw4nes/weapon/sword_of_lethargy.png) from Dragon Quest for a minute there.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-09-2015, 12:16 AM
...what the fuck? He's been a Hero for ONE EPISODE!

One and then some. And that doesn't detract from the feeling that I'm tired of it already.

Don't forget that he's been discounted as a hero for 4 episodes prior. At least before he happened to meet bigshots in a fun manner. Now we learn that he doesn't even get called for Class A+ stuff. Genos doesn't notify him either.

All the big shots seem interesting and I want to meet them soon. I don't want another episode of Class-C where he makes a dick of himself in the city and meets shit like Tank-Top Tiger.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Genos doesn't notify him either. Yeah, that's what makes it funny.

Genos only cares about being strong, but gets all the recognition. Saitama only cares about getting recognition, but has all the strength. And neither one of them knows how to help the other one get what they want.

lelouch
Sun, 11-15-2015, 12:52 PM
Episode 8 --------------------

Officially the best show the season by far. Animation and soundtrack is on point.

Sad to see even the S-Rank 3 isn't too impressive. I hope the #1 S Rank puts up at least some kind of fight.

Kraco
Sun, 11-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Saitama listened to the agitation speech surprisingly long.

He really needs his own harmless fan club. Maybe that would go a little way to make it worth all the frustration he's been going through.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-15-2015, 10:46 PM
I know it's supposed to be a parody of the common "stupid masses" scene in many shounen/hero shows, but this still pissed me off. I really think people who fall into mob mentality like that deserve to be skinned alive then dipped into salted vinegar, then healed completely in order to go through it again until I grow tired of anime (good luck).

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-16-2015, 12:02 AM
Sad to see even the S-Rank 3 isn't too impressive.

The guy couldn't do anything about a meteor (even though he's a practitioner of Fist of Flowing Water Crushing Rock :p ). I bet his anti-personnel abilities are top notch though.

As for the mass mentality, I totally expected them to turn on the Tank Tops, in line with all the other "break the mould" antics we've been shown. Instead we got some more Saitama resilience which is even cooler. He was beginning to feel a little superficial in how much he wanted a fan club. It's good to be reminded that in the end, he doesn't actually care.

I'm loving the contrast between him and the rest. Metal Knight insists on being called by his hero name. Saitama just owns up to 'a hero' when asked.

That aside, Genos is a necessity in this show. Saitama is great for his graphic one-punches and comic relief, but that yellow suit and bald head can only go so far. This is anime and we need eye-candy. Geno's looks, upgrades and "fire arms" provide all the eye-candy to keep us satisfied. Only then can we enjoy Saitama's low-tech finishes.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-16-2015, 04:24 AM
I know it's supposed to be a parody of the common "stupid masses" scene in many shounen/hero shows, but this still pissed me off.
Don't take it as a mob scene, take it as a scene where the "heroes" of the show are all selfish pieces of shit, and nearly as worthless.

Sure, there are good natured useless ones like the bicycle guy, and genuinely good ones like the old man, but for the most part, I think it is a safe to view the "heroes" as worthless attention whores who in many ways are villains in their own right.

There are 17 S-class heroes. Three showed up. One couldn't do anything to meteor, one had no desire to help outside his own ends (and had he waited, there would have been no damage at all), and Genos was the only one who went all out to actually try and in doing so, die a hero's death.

Even then, don't forget that Genos' desire is no less selfish than Metal Knight. He wants to get strong so he can get his revenge. Saitama, bicycle guy, and maybe the old man are the only ones we've seen who actually care about helping people.

The mob scene wasn't to show how distraught people can be manipulated (Saitama did it too in shutting them down), it was to show what huge pieces of shit the Tank Top brothers are. Did we see them cleaning up rubble? No. Were they helping anyone? No.

lelouch
Mon, 11-16-2015, 04:47 AM
I know it's supposed to be a parody of the common "stupid masses" scene in many shounen/hero shows, but this still pissed me off. I really think people who fall into mob mentality like that deserve to be skinned alive then dipped into salted vinegar, then healed completely in order to go through it again until I grow tired of anime (good luck).

Like the #StandWithMizzou people?

God I hope that's the last we see of the tank top brothers. Given the clever alliteration of the name "Tank Top Tiger", I figured his brother would have at least an equally catching name. But maybe the completely uncreative "Tank Top Black Hole" parodies how writers seem to just stop giving a shit at random parts of a series.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-16-2015, 09:44 AM
I think it's the same name in the original.

@Ryll - Whatever it was meant to show, it pissed me off.

Kraco
Mon, 11-16-2015, 10:13 AM
@Ryll - Whatever it was meant to show, it pissed me off.

It would have been a failure of a scene if it hadn't. If it pisses off the audience, you'd need to multiply it by 100 to know how much it should have pissed off Saitama. But Saitama is Saitama, so he's not so easily shaken.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-16-2015, 10:48 AM
But the onlookers got off unscathed. They need to be ball-busted too. Being part of the ignorant masses isn't an excuse.

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-16-2015, 03:34 PM
I think he shamed them all pretty good, what could be worse for someone from Japan?

They're bitching about their little problems while he made sure they all didn't die outright. He took all their resentment and brushed it off by stating he was just doing what had to be done because he wanted to, not for fame.

Pure Bushidō, baby.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-16-2015, 04:02 PM
But they still think he caused the destruction right?

MFauli
Mon, 11-16-2015, 05:41 PM
"At least nobody died"

LOL

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-16-2015, 11:23 PM
"At least nobody died"Yeah, that's ridiculous. Meteors smashed half the buildings in the city. There's no way nobody would have been killed.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-16-2015, 11:24 PM
That part was probably a joke too. It happens all the time in shounen stories. This just took it one level more of ridiculous.

MFauli
Tue, 11-17-2015, 07:29 AM
ALthough I wondered if Saitama couldnīt have shielded the town from the meteorīs debris, too. If heīs fast enough, he could have crushed every single piece into dust. Guess even his power hs its limits ... or he was lazy lol

Kraco
Tue, 11-17-2015, 08:01 AM
ALthough I wondered if Saitama couldnīt have shielded the town from the meteorīs debris, too. If heīs fast enough, he could have crushed every single piece into dust. Guess even his power hs its limits ... or he was lazy lol

It had already happened before he landed back on the ground, so there's very little he could have done. In fact considering the circumstances, he wouldn't have even seen what was going on since it happened behind his back with the explosion between them. Also, he can't fly, he can only jump, so he would have needed something solid under his feet to alter his course. All in all, impossible.

The only ones who could have handled the situation better would have been the Tank Tops. They have so big mouths they could have eaten the meteor whole leaving nothing behind to cause damage to the surroundings.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Genos could've possibly shot Macross Missiles to chase down most of the debris. Too bad he had already fizzled out after using a lifetime's worth of nen. Luckily, he can just replace parts like Guren Lagann.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Tornado might have been able to control the asteroid, but we'll never know. I'm sure she'll insist that she could have done it though.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-17-2015, 10:13 AM
It had already happened before he landed back on the ground, so there's very little he could have done. In fact considering the circumstances, he wouldn't have even seen what was going on since it happened behind his back with the explosion between them. Also, he can't fly, he can only jump, so he would have needed something solid under his feet to alter his course. All in all, impossible.Frankly, I think we should all be thankful he didn't die because he jumped all the way to space.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-17-2015, 10:52 AM
I don't think destroying the milky way galaxy would kill Saitama. Until he starves to death.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-17-2015, 12:32 PM
I bet he still needs air.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-17-2015, 12:47 PM
I've seen him eat, but I've never seen him breath (at least visibly). But maybe he eats just because he likes the taste.

UChessmaster
Tue, 11-17-2015, 06:45 PM
Yeah, that's ridiculous. Meteors smashed half the buildings in the city. There's no way nobody would have been killed.

Didn`t they evacuate the city?

lelouch
Tue, 11-17-2015, 07:22 PM
Frankly, I think we should all be thankful he didn't die because he jumped all the way to space.

We should be thankful he didn't break space with one punch.

I wonder who would win in a fight -- Saitama or Tatsuya

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-17-2015, 07:51 PM
Tatsuya could lose to several of the enemies in his universe. Saitama is Saitama. The answer is obvious.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-18-2015, 01:25 AM
Didn`t they evacuate the city?I coulda sworn they said that, with only 30 minutes of warning, people wouldn't be able to get out in time.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Correct, with 30mins of warning the city wouldn't be evacuated.

Saitama gets tired and hungry. His performance might even go down as he lacks energy, who knows.

I reckon that as strong as Saitama is, he still ages. That's the only thing I'm relatively sure about, really.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-18-2015, 10:48 AM
How can you tell he ages? He's friggin bald!!!

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-18-2015, 11:17 AM
I can't tell. It's a gut feeling that he can't stop being human.

*if human is the right word for what he is right now..

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 11-18-2015, 06:20 PM
I think they mentioned a few times that it's like there's a god inside of him. He even had that burning/light behind his eyes when he took down his very first monster as well as in his own dream. I mean there are God Level threats so not sure if that means something like an asteroid that could wipe out the planet or an actual god-like being.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-18-2015, 08:09 PM
I think they mentioned a few times that it's like there's a god inside of him. He even had that burning/light behind his eyes when he took down his very first monster as well as in his own dream.True. But the crazy evolution scientist also had that gleam in his eye in one scene.

Is it meant to signify something supernatural? Or does it just symbolize determination like it does in Hajime No Ippo?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-18-2015, 09:27 PM
It's meant to troll people into theorizing about Saitama's powers.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-18-2015, 10:11 PM
They said it's like there's a God in that body. Said God might survive, but the body won't.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-18-2015, 11:13 PM
It's meant to troll people into theorizing about Saitama's powers.Probably this.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-20-2015, 05:13 AM
I also jumped on the one-punch-man bandwagon. it's been a while since I watched an anime...

first off: I feel that some scenes were much batter paced in the manga, mostly concerning the meteor and the robot, but also speed of sound sonic jumping around saitama. and that's it for mange comparisons.

I don't understand the need to ask about Saitama source of powers, it's akin to asking how can a cyborg exist given the current state of technology, how can the subterrean people live unnoticed in the bottom of the earth and how can a battle suit destroy a building without destroying the user as well. it's anime magic. but if you really want a 'semi-plausible' explanation - he got monster ooze inside his system when fighting the crab monster. EOF.

looking forward to watch the next episodes.

Kraco
Fri, 11-20-2015, 05:30 AM
he got monster ooze inside his system when fighting the crab monster. EOF.

Pretty sure he was already a monster when he fought the crab thing. He just hadn't polished his skills (and scalp) yet by the gruesome muscle training regimen and thus wasn't aware of it himself.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-20-2015, 06:06 AM
I don't think he was anything more than a normal human a that point.

But that's not what I was trying to convey.
I meant to say that if you're bothered by the lack of justification for his powers, there are plenty of ways to explain them, and they are just as plausible (and implausible) as 'standard' shonen explanations.
Why are 'gamma radiation', 'super training at a dojo', 'cyborg parts', 'alien origins' and 'the spirit of god' good explanations while 'dedication to strength training' isn't?
it's the same thing you have with comic books super heroes. how does a super alien like Superman and the martian manhunter fit in a universe with a guy shooting arrows at petty criminals? Beast from X-man is much closer to regular joe human mutant hater than to super god of magnetism magneto.
It's either twisting the story and forcing it to to appear to make sense (it still won't, but you'll have to look for the stiches), or just accepting the premise and enjoy the story they're trying to tell.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-20-2015, 06:17 AM
I don't think he was anything more than a normal human a that point.

I'm not against the whole "take what you see" approach, as that's how I'm going about it anyway... but Saitama's been pretty absurd from the beginning. I don't think gutting a giant grab with a tie comes under something normal people can do.

He's a genetic freak who didn't know he was born to be a hero.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-20-2015, 10:55 AM
It's like he was awesome at 0, then exponentially grew due to pushups.

lelouch
Fri, 11-20-2015, 01:45 PM
It's like he was awesome at 0, then exponentially grew due to pushups.

I think I just realized the parody of this.

It's like Rock Lee kicking fucking trees day and night, and as a result being able to jump off walls and ceilings. Literally just laughed out loud as I realized this.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-20-2015, 03:43 PM
It's like Rock Lee kicking and fucking trees day and night, and as a result being able to jump off walls and ceilings.

I misread your post as this and LOLd.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-21-2015, 01:09 PM
it made him...

sturdy.

MFauli
Sun, 11-22-2015, 06:25 PM
episode 8 is out
-----------------------

ok, so everybodyīs gonna jump at me again for writing this, buuut: this episode really made me YET AGAIN hate that this is a shounen parody instead of a serious shounen-series. When Puri Puri Prisoner "transformed" and used his angel attack on the seaking, despite being naked, the aesthetic of the imagery, those angel wings, combined with the fantastic music, reminded me of the best days during Hunter X Hunterīs chimera arc. THat was an awesome scene. And it has me wishing for this to be a serious anime :/

Also, Amai Mask makes me sad that we never got a sequel for Death Note. Dat Light seiyuu :>

lelouch
Sun, 11-22-2015, 08:40 PM
this episode really made me YET AGAIN hate that this is a shounen parody instead of a serious shounen-series. When Puri Puri Prisoner "transformed" and used his angel attack on the seaking, despite being naked, the aesthetic of the imagery, those angel wings, combined with the fantastic music, reminded me of the best days during Hunter X Hunterīs chimera arc. THat was an awesome scene. And it has me wishing for this to be a serious anime :/

Yeah but it's not serious, and it is a parody. No way can a flamboyant naked bro named "puri puri prisoner" be serious.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-22-2015, 10:00 PM
Hmm, so we got our first villain to make it through a whole episode without getting exploded.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Just because Saitama has terrible luck.

I wonder if Sonic could cut through Aquaking's skin. If he could, he'd be pretty imba, at least a top S ranker stronger than Genos. His abilities sort of limit what he can do though. No AOE, flight, etc.

David75
Mon, 11-23-2015, 12:30 AM
Hmm, so we got our first villain to make it through a whole episode without getting exploded.
As said, he just didn't cross Saitama's path yet...

Very boring episode.
Pretty obvious as it was there to show how useless anything below top tier S rank heroes are...

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-23-2015, 12:36 AM
What? They aren't useless. It just depends on the threat. Who knows how many lives are saved from normal criminals by those B rank and below.

neflight86
Mon, 11-23-2015, 01:48 AM
As said, he just didn't cross Saitama's path yet...

Very boring episode.
Pretty obvious as it was there to show how useless anything below top tier S rank heroes are...

It seemed to also show that the better side of the less than S class heroes in that the few lower ranked ones still tried to protect the citizens in the shelter; even the one that soiled himself. Of course, they were there in the first place because they tried to evacuate so it could be argued they were only fighting in self defense. I found the rest of the battles very exciting and at least somewhat interesting.

Kraco
Mon, 11-23-2015, 02:34 AM
I wonder if Sonic could cut through Aquaking's skin. If he could, he'd be pretty imba, at least a top S ranker stronger than Genos. His abilities sort of limit what he can do though. No AOE, flight, etc.

He only has speed. It was made very evident in this fight. I kind of doubt a few ninja tools would change all that much in a shounen anime where flesh tends to be stronger than steel. With that speed Sonic is basically a perfect anti-human force, but he simply couldn't get through the skin and muscle of a real monster. He should realise his limits. But then again he's in a real slump after getting beaten by a hero, even if he's still acting all cocky.

MFauli
Mon, 11-23-2015, 06:33 AM
Yeah but it's not serious, and it is a parody. No way can a flamboyant naked bro named "puri puri prisoner" be serious.

By that principle, Hunter X Hunter wouldnt be serious either!!1 :P

And I dont like Sonic. He reminds me of Sasuke during his most arrogant days.

Seaking suriving a whole episode isnīt impressive, cause even prisoner and sonic gave him quite beating, even if not succeeding. He just hasnt met Saitama yet, as others here have said.

David75
Mon, 11-23-2015, 08:19 AM
What? They aren't useless. It just depends on the threat. Who knows how many lives are saved from normal criminals by those B rank and below.
Well, it's true my comment was excessive.
The ranking needs to be re-evaluated though. Both for heroes and threat level. Even if the seaking did have a surge in power after being hydrated properly.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-23-2015, 08:45 AM
Sonic would be able to make S-class pretty easily if someone made him a lightsaber.

Saitama embraces the whole old-fashion thing to the T. No cell phone, no mode of transport.

At least this time the Association knows about Saitama now. Deep Sea King shouldn't pose a threat since OPM surpasses him in both speed and power. I wonder how this would have played out had it been an underwater fight. Could Saitama's body withstand bites? He's taken burns to the face (prolly why he lost his hair) but has parried most other sharp attacks.

Oh, and Sonic with his girly waist :3

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-23-2015, 10:18 AM
The dude can break swords with his teeth. Lost his hair due to his training. The only time he's been injured as far as we have seen was in his own dream. I'm not sure if he CAN be injured. Though I suppose he still needs to breathe so keep him underwater long enough to drown him. Then again...a single punch can split clouds so he'd just have to punch to clear the water.

Kraco
Mon, 11-23-2015, 10:47 AM
I'm pretty sure nothing imaginable (and that universe seems to imagine awfully lot) can harm poor Saitama physically, either due to his toughness or the exquisite speed. However, I reckon he could be hurt psychologically, even though he seems to have quite the resistance over there as well. I'm going to place my hopes there nonetheless, even if I'm not expecting anything major at all, but who knows, maybe something could stir an emotion out of him.

http://i.imgur.com/2CaK4rd.jpg

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-23-2015, 11:15 AM
I discounted breaking swords with his teeth because that was an offensive move. Had he taken the sword to the face and shrugged it off, that would be something else. He says he lost his hair due to his training, but he knows jack all about himself. His training isn't even very stressful. I wouldn't take it as truth.

MFauli
Mon, 11-23-2015, 12:51 PM
would be hilarious if we found out the somehow Saitama encounters explosions/ fire attacks so frequently that his hair simply has no chance to re-grow lol

lelouch
Mon, 11-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Also, since when is Genos faster than Saitama? Not just faster, but so significantly faster that he left him behind to scout ahead?

When they battle against each other, Saitama shows he's much faster.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-23-2015, 02:36 PM
Genos flew, I think. And Saitama wasn't seriously rushing. Look at his face while running. And the look at his face at the end of the episode.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Yeah that's his serious face.

Edort4
Mon, 11-23-2015, 03:58 PM
I think Saitama never takes things seriously until its clear that ppl are in danger. He did the same against Sonic when he went rampage to call his attention. He is quite obnoxious about others and danger.

Also writer cant help but concede the cliches about manga. Cant have the strongest character reach first at every fight and kill in 1 punch the enemy. He gives us the chance of tasting a bit of shounen, with a few A and S heroes beating the dust and then he launches in Saitama to end it in a flash.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Saitama is faster than anyone else when it comes to combat and bursts. However, he also gets tired from running around. I'm not 100% sure that his speed equates to transporting between cities faster.

lelouch
Tue, 11-24-2015, 12:30 PM
However, he also gets tired from running around.

What is that based on?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-24-2015, 12:35 PM
What is that based on?

Based on that episode where he ran all day around the city but couldn't fill his C-class quota.

Edort4
Tue, 11-24-2015, 05:42 PM
Based on that episode where he ran all day around the city but couldn't fill his C-class quota.

I think that was more of a external expression of tired of searching to no avail than physically tired/exhaustion. If I recall correctly after that he "teleports" (moves fast as hell) to stop a car and to the back of Sonic to know him out and he isnt sweating or tired at all after those actions, he looks refreshed and at 100%.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 11-24-2015, 07:25 PM
I'm just gonna roll with that his power and everything about it is pretty much without limit.

lelouch
Tue, 11-24-2015, 08:00 PM
I think that was more of a external expression of tired of searching to no avail than physically tired/exhaustion. If I recall correctly after that he "teleports" (moves fast as hell) to stop a car and to the back of Sonic to know him out and he isnt sweating or tired at all after those actions, he looks refreshed and at 100%.

Maybe it's just a parody on stupid and obvious plot holes / relative power levels that don't make sense (Person A destroying Person B who destroys Person C who destroys Person A) so many animes have.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-24-2015, 08:35 PM
If he gets hungry, I'm going to put money on that he gets tired. As opposed to thinking he never gets tired.

The need to sleep is a pretty good sign that fatigue kicks in.

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-25-2015, 08:36 AM
His power level is the strongest in the series, "funny scenes" such as him running around looking for bad guys does not count in the same way Milk beating the crap out of Goku does not counts.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 11-25-2015, 12:46 PM
The ranking needs to be re-evaluated though.

I think that's the point of the rankings, to show that ranks are based more on popularity and appeal than on actual merit.

both genos and saitama had the same perfect score on the physical part of the test, but genos got to rank S while saitama got to be the lowest c rank.
the robots who shoot mega rockets at asteroids are at the same rank with the kungfu old master (who can't even begin attacking the meteorite).

and yes, I also think that sonic and Sasuke are very much alike.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-25-2015, 01:45 PM
Didn't Saitama do horrible on the written test and thus got a C ranking? Genos got S because he blew up that base.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 11-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Genos got S because he got a perfect score on both tests plus they knew he destroyed that base.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Lost his hair due to his training.It's a pretty safe bet that he didn't lose his hair from training. He just thinks he did. Because they've already revealed that his training wasn't actually that strenuous.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 11-25-2015, 10:34 PM
But he did. That's what makes it funny.

Edort4
Thu, 11-26-2015, 06:04 AM
Dunno what makes some of you think that Sonic and Sasuke are alike. ŋCause they have black hair? If its cause he wants Saitama to fight him, in some egotistical/childish way (actually I think that Sonic is plain psychotic), he should remind you of Naruto, Lee and a lot others to cause basically the "fight me!" behavior is related to 1/3 of conceited shounen characters ever.

He isnt emo, he isnt sulky, he isnt secretive, he isnt vengance driven, he isnt elite, he isnt cool and composed... So black hair and ninja 100% match duh.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-26-2015, 08:37 AM
To be fair, having the same job (ninja) and similar looks is enough to remind someone of another person...

Death BOO Z
Thu, 11-26-2015, 02:04 PM
and a bit of being conceited (justifiably) about his strength and how much his background makes him an 'elite' and superior to others.

also the seiyuu sounds similar, (although it's not the same guy) - composed and mature.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-27-2015, 01:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjxFTDzeG6A

Kraco
Sun, 11-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Episode 9 - HS

- - - - -- -

It's pretty sad after all these deaths and huge peril to the civilians in those parts that Saitama had to let go of a massive boost to his fame. On the other hand, this was nothing unusual to Saitama as such. Even though the Sea King was lethal even for class S heroes, it was nothing out of ordinary for One Punch Man. So, it was merely a small step toward class B, which he finally achieved.

It's weird the Hero Association is so blind, though. Saitama broke all the physical records, but that seemed to be meaningless for them and they just threw him to the bottom of the barrel as inconsequential. Yet physical prowess has been decisive in a lot of cases we have seen, which means it has been the solution in a huge number of cases we haven't seen. Just because he failed the academic test they basically scrapped a huge asset. What a bunch of incompetents.

Man, they really went all out to make the troll even look like a disgusting troll.

David75
Sun, 11-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Saitama doesn't fit the image.
We do not know if he's stronger than everyone in the association, but even if he is, they can't label him number one because of image and marketing issues.

I think Saitama made a clever move here. Being an official hero confronts him to powerfull threats. And being seen as a fraud might have some people come to fight him too. Since he's invincible, the more come to him, the better. Now he just hopes someone will put up a fight.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Mumen Rider's theme song is awesome.

It's weird the Hero Association is so blind, though.I feel the exact opposite. Because even though his public reputation is so terrible, they keep promoting him anyway. They actually seem to act on evidence and results rather than hearsay.

Annoying that they didn't even show what the Rank B promotion tests were.

fireheart
Sun, 11-29-2015, 01:51 PM
Annoying that they didn't even show what the Rank B promotion tests were.

Umm some questions and a psychiatric analysis. From what they've shown so far it seems that as long as you make it to rank 1 you're more or less guaranteed a promotion if you want it, unless the higher ups are against it.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Mumen Rider is such a badass though.

As is Genos. I shed tears of manliness for Genos' sacrifice to save the little girl. As I also did for Mumen Rider's attempt at saving everyone.

As far as we cam tell, there are only 4-6 heroes who actually give shit. Saitama, Genos, Mumen Rider, and a whoever else is relevant for the plot.

Edort4
Sun, 11-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Yeah if it wasnt because Saitama is just God I would make Mumen Rider my nš1 hero. All his "bravado" was pretty coool but to write a letter to Saitama and actually catch to him to treat him is just pure gold. Its really hard in real life to say thanks and be really grateful to someone that did your job even better than you. Ego and our narcissit impulses are fking powerful. Not he is only a true hero of justice also a true hero of personality.

Genos getting caught unaware over and over again is getting old. But I guess that is the only way to get gruesome and carnage fights. He is like a mister potato and can rebuild almost anything. We couldnt see that from other flesh heroes and only getting the bad guy beaten gruesomely isnt fair.

MFauli
Sun, 11-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Once again: This anime is great when itīs being serious, so I still hope that the source of Saitamaīs powers is something that makes sense rather than the comedic "lol" explanation.

Some really great, dramatic moments in this episode.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-29-2015, 04:29 PM
As is Genos. I shed tears of manliness for Genos' sacrifice to save the little girl.Even though he saved her life, you know that girl is going to be traumatized as fuck for the rest of her life watching a man melt into a skeleton right in front of her face.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-29-2015, 04:31 PM
I feel kind of sad for the rider guy.
he's a classic shonen hero, and the public sees it and adores/worships him for that, which is probably why he got the #1 C-spot.
however, he lives in a world that doesn't always reward hard work and determination, so he's bound to get beat up (and die one day), and he won't run away because he's so caught up in 'being a hero'.
and their talk about having to do 'weekly hero duties' that saitama hates? the rider guy loves it, he lives for that shit, he's the hero association mascot of a 'model hero', even though he's not all that good in that job and it's going to cost him his life.

MFauli
Sun, 11-29-2015, 04:39 PM
considering how OPM is a parody (sigh), I guess theyīll continue to build up Bikerman for a bit, then have him return with newly gained strength ... only to THEN kill him off by a single enemy attack.

Edort4
Sun, 11-29-2015, 04:43 PM
considering how OPM is a parody (sigh), I guess theyīll continue to build up Bikerman for a bit, then have him return with newly gained strength ... only to THEN kill him off by a single enemy attack.

Why would anyone with a heart want teh great Mumen Rider to die and in such a way? Thats some twisted soul you have :p

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-29-2015, 11:04 PM
For a parody, this show delivers the feels. Saitama and Mumen (Maskless) Rider, I bow to you.

Genos better start learning how to keep alert.

Mumen Rider is a great hero. Not everything is about pulverizing meteorites or blowing up frogs. People need help every day, and Mumen Rider does that job well.

Maverick-DBZ-
Wed, 12-02-2015, 07:20 AM
I shed tears of manliness for Genos' sacrifice to save the little girl. As I also did for Mumen Rider's attempt at saving everyone.

YES! Those scenes really pulled some heart strings.

This show continues to surprise me, I'm glad Hulu carries it.

lelouch
Wed, 12-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Who would win in a fight? Saitama or Sterling Archer :D :D :D :D

------

Apologies, was high as a kite when posting this.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Genos better start learning how to keep alert.

He needs some damn proximity sensors!

He could have also vaporised the acid instead of walking into it but whatever, this was better.

KrayZ33
Sat, 12-05-2015, 12:37 PM
He could have also vaporised the acid instead of walking into it but whatever, this was better.

and killing hundreds from the blast/heat in the process? Nah!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-05-2015, 07:33 PM
and killing hundreds from the blast/heat in the process? Nah!

Still put your body in the way, but release the heat blast back in the opposite direction instead of just... putting your body in the way.

I'm sure he's got a chest beam in there somewhere.

MFauli
Sun, 12-06-2015, 01:18 PM
btw shinta, if you happen to have time, id like you to make me a signature pic featuring the esper girl from onepunchman. shes loli, but has an amazing figure. if you could make something focusing on her ass .. :>

as for the new episode: rather boring, tbh. and what heroes they all are ... doing nothing to save the city lol

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-06-2015, 01:24 PM
I like the running gag of all these different animal kingdoms that keep taking turns trying to take over.

and what heroes they all are ... doing nothing to save the city lolTo be fair, the city was already destroyed before the heroes were even really told what was going on.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 12-06-2015, 02:14 PM
I loved that the strongest building was spared from that attack and Saitama just jumped through the roof because it was the fastest way out.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-06-2015, 11:31 PM
I loved that the strongest building was spared from that attack and Saitama just jumped through the roof because it was the fastest way out.

Hah, yeah, that was totally awesome.

The other guys are all assessing damage reports and he's just like "This calls for a hero. BOOM."

I don't get why Tornado doesn't just lift the ship back to bloody space or something. She's good enough.

King being strongest despite rating lower than Silver Fang is a bit weird.

Talking about running gags... how about Tank Top Master? Wonder if he's an asshole like the rest of them.

Kraco
Mon, 12-07-2015, 03:29 AM
So, that was Tatsumaki. She was pretty amusing. As expected, she has to compensate her lack of stature with an aggressive personality. I wonder how soon she will see the light after slighting Saitama so much. Not that Saitama would have really cared about the ramblings of a lost child.

The meeting was funny with a bunch of Class S heroes and a single Class B sitting at the end of the table, no less. He must have really hoped this is a rare chance to finally meet an opponent lasting longer than a single punch. Always the optimist. Getting out through the roof was indeed a good detail, but I'm not sure it's because he didn't want to delay in order to be a hero and save the city. I reckon he just wanted to be the first to find the boss. Also he has absolutely no need to strategies and planning, even though history has proven it might be beneficial, like in the case of the meteor.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 12-07-2015, 04:05 AM
I also like how Saitama casually asks for tea in this so-called serious meeting and just fucking gets it.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-07-2015, 06:00 AM
@Kraco: Saitama doesn't dick around when a hero is needed. He also doesn't give a shit about competing to find a boss, though he does feel like he needs to at least match his "disciple" Genos.

Kraco
Mon, 12-07-2015, 08:38 AM
@Kraco: Saitama doesn't dick around when a hero is needed. He also doesn't give a shit about competing to find a boss, though he does feel like he needs to at least match his "disciple" Genos.

Uhhuh. He's deadly bored because he can't find anybody to offer him a good fight. He even dreams about it and wakes up disappointed. And you say he doesn't give a shit? While the others were still deliberating what to do, Saitama was already pushing through the enemy ship looking for the boss. Sure, he doesn't care about a competition (nor seemed the others, for that matter), but he does want a good fight.

neflight86
Mon, 12-07-2015, 09:55 AM
I always have a soft spot for episodes that introduce the 'major players' in shounen, even if here they're generally irrelevant.

Digging atomic Samurai's character design. He reminds me of old school samurai characters from the 90s, which I'm sure is intentional.

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-07-2015, 03:42 PM
I loved that Tatsumaki's art shifted to retro/shitty style (ONE's art I presume) whenever she got fussy or impudent.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-13-2015, 04:36 PM
11 (https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=765778)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Badguy didn't die in one punch. Premise ruined.

Edort4
Sun, 12-13-2015, 06:15 PM
If the series is 13 episodes long this could be The Fight. Boros showed no damage at all and Saitama even looked intrigued. He even resembles a bit like Saitama with all that about no1 worth fighting. They can be matched for each other. I hope we get some amazing fight here while the S rank heroes enjoy their time with the minion.

Maverick-DBZ-
Mon, 12-14-2015, 12:50 AM
Maybe, but I'm guessing his armor just saved his ass, and he just doesn't know it yet. :eek: I still hope for an entertaining fight.

Also, it's 12 episodes, it was confirmed by Boros after the end credits, next week is the final episode.

Kraco
Mon, 12-14-2015, 01:41 AM
Boros certainly seemed to make a point of the armor getting completely destroyed, so I reckon one could count that as Saitama still getting stuff done with just a single punch.

I'm quite sorry we got so relatively little of Saitama interacting with the rest of the big shots in the hero business. Who knows what happens in the next episode, but considering nobody else knows Saitama has infiltrated the ship, it's possible he will get absolutely no credit for subjugating it, along with defeating 2 of the 3 lieutenants and the leader of the invaders.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-14-2015, 03:16 AM
So the armour was to contain an immeasurable power, and Saitama just broke it. Well done. At least take a combo before you die Boros.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 12-14-2015, 03:29 AM
Well Saitama still destroys everything with a single punch. I mean in the earlier ep he destroyed the armor of that bald gang and they lived.

MFauli
Mon, 12-14-2015, 05:13 AM
Final episode? wtf?!

I wanna see more of the hot oppai loli psychic!

Also hoping that Boros is actually a worthy opponent. If thatīs really the last of OPM, then having an enemy that can take his punches would be okay.

Maverick-DBZ-
Mon, 12-14-2015, 05:40 AM
One can only hope.

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/676079244011659264

Janice
Mon, 12-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Disappointing that this is the final episode, but I'm sure there will be a second season. There's still a lot of manga material to go through.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 12-18-2015, 10:23 AM
I think they are spreading the seasons out is to keep the quality up. The animation and art quality of this show are insane for a weekly show, if they would keep spitting them out it would without doubt reduce the quality.
It's sad to see it already end, but we know more is coming, and for me that's good enough.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-18-2015, 12:29 PM
They couldn't just let this end in one p-

..-production run.

KrayZ33
Sat, 12-19-2015, 03:26 AM
They couldn't just let this end in one p-

..-production run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-20-2015, 05:07 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty awesome final fight.

Moon baby! Seems at the very least, Saitama needs to breath.

Guessing Metal Knight is going to turn out to be responsible for the cyborg that Genos is after.

I think they are spreading the seasons out is to keep the quality up.And I'm completely okay with that.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-20-2015, 09:16 PM
Guessing Metal Knight is going to turn out to be responsible for the cyborg that Genos is after.

He could be. That said, Drive Knight is also a cyborg and knows Genos' backstory. Either he's the real enemy Genos is after, or he's a cyborg that was created in part or whole by Metal Knight.

SilverFang remained awesome. #3 ftw.

As for Tornado, I was wondering why she (or anybody else) never used telekinesis on the opponent since that would be so damn quick. I assumed living beings couldn't be directly affected. Her manipulating Genos doesn't exactly give a clear answer on this either.

There's also no consistency in regards to when Saitama's suit gets burned away and when it doesn't. The first time against Mosquito Girl must have been for comedy, since Dark-Angel-Rush guy is our defacto Naked Hero.

This season was kick-ass. Season 2 will be a must-watch, and I eagerly wait for the day Saitama has to break out Consecutive Serious Punches.

MFauli
Sun, 12-20-2015, 09:38 PM
Best part was this pretty boy A rank 1-guy activate full-blown Light-mode ("Ore wa seigi da!") Haha, itīs the same voice actor even, isnt it!

What sucked was that Saitama once again didnt get any public recognition. I at least wanted the hot Tornado girl see him fighting the boss, so sheīs all heels over him :D