http://i.imgur.com/F3w9pXf.png

Alternative title:
Snow White with the Red Hair (English)
Shirayuki aux cheveux rouges (French)
赤髪の白雪姫 (Japanese)

Genres: adventure, fantasy, romance
Themes: historical

Synopsis:
Shirayuki was a young girl born with unique apple-red hair. She meets a famous but foolish Prince Raji, who falls in love with her at first sight and orders her to become his concubine. With nowhere else to go, Shirayuki cuts her hair and escapes to a neighboring country. While traversing through the forests, she meets a young boy, Zen, who helps her after she boldly cures his wounds but then gets poisoned by an apple given to Shirayuki. Meanwhile, Prince Raji sends out henchmen to search for her. What will happen to Shirayuki? What is Zen's true character? A refreshing fantasy story between an optimistic heroine and a prince who constantly stays on her watch. -MAL

Links: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16792), MAL (http://myanimelist.net/anime/30123/Akagami_no_Shirayuki-hime), Official (http://clarines-kingdom.com/)

Download: Link (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=horrible+shirayuki+)

---------------------------------------

This is an easy shoujo watch. The feel is very fairytale-like. There aren't really any surprises, and they do a pretty decent job of making Shirayuki competent enough, but also weak enough to need rescuing. I watch it like a lighter version of The World is Still Beautiful (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15853).

Munsu
Sun, 08-23-2015, 12:07 PM
I watched the first episode a while ago, didn't care for it.

Does it get better?

But yeah, I know what you mean about an easy shoujo watch. But since I'm not into shoujo's, with rare exceptions, this didn't hold my interest beyond the first episode.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-23-2015, 12:10 PM
The first episode is a pretty good indicator for the rest of the series I think. You either think "Everyone is so pretty in this series, I think I'll keep watching" or not.

Kraco
Sun, 08-23-2015, 12:23 PM
One of the shows I was the most looking forward to this summer season. I've been reading the manga since forever, and it's one of my favourite manga. I'm also fairly satisfied with this show. This isn't exactly a strong story, the characters aren't super interesting, nor is there a dramatic setting like in Soredemo Sekai, but it just works for me. There are no characters I'd really hate. They all have some things going for them, and some things not going for them. I like how balanced the main pair is. Zen is tied by his station and is a subject to his crafty older brother, but he's quite a romantic, whereas Shirayuki is very skilled, but almost frustratingly puts always her career in front of everything else, Zen incuded. Since I'm not a fan of triangles, I prefer this sort of a situation where the people are more held back by the rules, social standings, and other aspects of their reality. They are obstacles they must overcome, but they are still destined to end together, not with some third wheel.

I didn't create a thread for this show, despite it being among my favourites, because I didn't think anybody else would watch it. I mean, even Ryll wouldn't, and that's saying something already.

Munsu
Sun, 08-23-2015, 12:49 PM
One of the shows I was the most looking forward to this summer season. I've been reading the manga since forever, and it's one of my favourite manga. I'm also fairly satisfied with this show. This isn't exactly a strong story, the characters aren't super interesting, nor is there a dramatic setting like in Soredemo Sekai, but it just works for me. There are no characters I'd really hate. They all have some things going for them, and some things not going for them. I like how balanced the main pair is. Zen is tied by his station and is a subject to his crafty older brother, but he's quite a romantic, whereas Shirayuki is very skilled, but almost frustratingly puts always her career in front of everything else, Zen incuded. Since I'm not a fan of triangles, I prefer this sort of a situation where the people are more held back by the rules, social standings, and other aspects of their reality. They are obstacles they must overcome, but they are still destined to end together, not with some third wheel.

I didn't create a thread for this show, despite it being among my favourites, because I didn't think anybody else would watch it. I mean, even Ryll wouldn't, and that's saying something already.

I'm of the opinion that every single series deserves a thread even if no one will ever post beyond the OP.

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 08-23-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm watching this, but I agree that there isn't really anything special about it.
It isn't bad, but it isn't amazing.

KrayZ33
Sun, 08-23-2015, 03:01 PM
The picture you chose for this thread looks like a spoiler :D

Anime is decent, Shirayuki is cute, "female knight" is best girl (like always) and that thief guy is a pretty cool dude in my book.
Animation is good/great and its overall interesting enough to care about and to wait for another episode each week

Kraco
Mon, 08-24-2015, 04:08 PM
Episode 8 - HS

- - - -- --

I know it's hardly uncommon in anime in general, but I find it just a little bit annoying how this anime keeps rearranging scenes from the manga in a new order. But at least filler isn't added. Perhaps it bothers me because it feels like underestimating the audience.

Zen is a somewhat long suffering youth, with the regular poisonings, overbearingly competent big brother, and now this. All the better after all that he met the super cute Shirayuki. It's karma.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-25-2015, 03:37 AM
As a fresh audience, I don't see any problems with the scenes as they are right now.

Kraco
Mon, 08-31-2015, 02:10 PM
Episode 9 - HS

- -- - - -

Shirayuki is so damn cute. Dunno what else to say about this episode. Not a whole lot happened. The next arc seems to begin in the next episode. The last for now, of course, with the show ending soon.

Kraco
Thu, 09-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Episode 10 - HS

-- - - - - -

The episode that demonstrated why shoujo always beats shounen at least in one single thing, if not in any other.

Kraco
Mon, 09-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Episode 11 - HS

- - - - -

The previous and this eps were undoubtly one of the highlights of the series. The actual bird story arc in the background seemed inconsequential compared to what was happening with Zen and Shirayuki. Exceedingly mushy fairy tail romance stuff, but I liked it a lot.

Looks like there's still one ep left in this season, but to be honest this would have been the perfect spot to end it until January.

Munsu
Tue, 09-15-2015, 11:28 AM
I watched a few more episodes, up to episode 4 now. In all not caring all that much for this series, but my impressions have been much better than that of the first episode. At the very least it's serving its purpose as palate cleanser. Hope to catch up by tonight.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-16-2015, 11:51 AM
watched 8 recently (GJM is slow), didn't understand why she took it as an insult when thief-kun said "maybe it'd have been better if he is not a prince".

I mean, the prince himself might think that way - I get it that they wanted to show that she doesn't care about that at all, but why did she go as far as being angry about that statement? It wasn't directed at her (at least that's what I think) and it wasn't meant to discredit his ability as a prince/noble whatever.

Kraco
Wed, 09-16-2015, 12:22 PM
I believe it's because she had accepted him as a prince and a part of why she joined the castle staff as a court pharmacist is to support Zen the prince. Zen is who he is, with all the burdens of the station, like the inability to freely make friends or trust people. She loves him just like he is. Not to mention she's a highly practical person, not wishy-washy, so there are no what-ifs in her view of the world. Wishing for things to be different, easier, would cheapen all the effort they have invested so far.

Munsu
Wed, 09-16-2015, 01:24 PM
I believe it's because she had accepted him as a prince and a part of why she joined the castle staff as a court pharmacist is to support Zen the prince. Zen is who he is, with all the burdens of the station, like the inability to freely make friends or trust people. She loves him just like he is. Not to mention she's a highly practical person, not wishy-washy, so there are no what-ifs in her view of the world. Wishing for things to be different, easier, would cheapen all the effort they have invested so far.

Agree with much of this.

Anyways, I just caught up. The series improved substantially for me on episode 8 with the inclusion of action that didn't hold back, that was violent. The whole hitting people with the hilt of the sword was a joke and it grew old quite fast. So that was nice to see.

I wish there was more political drama than we've had so far, but the series has served it's purpose for me so far, so all's good. Thankfully no real love triangle has developed.

Watching this is reminding me of the Saiunkoku Monogatari series which I never finished, but I recall enjoying quite a bit. Downloading now to see if I can do it. You guys manage to watch that series?

Kraco
Wed, 09-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Watching this is reminding me of the Saiunkoku Monogatari series which I never finished, but I recall enjoying quite a bit. Downloading now to see if I can do it. You guys manage to watch that series?

No. I saw someone compare this show to the Saiunkoku elsewhere, though. Maybe I should have a look at it.

Munsu
Wed, 09-16-2015, 01:55 PM
No. I saw someone compare this show to the Saiunkoku elsewhere, though. Maybe I should have a look at it.

Not sure how it really compares, but since I watch so few shoujos, the comparison is quite easy for me to make. I think you'd enjoy it. It has been well regarded last I recall.

David75
Wed, 09-16-2015, 01:56 PM
I watched everything about saiunkoku. It is very different from the current show as this is a reverse harem that was nice to watch and I was intoxicated by the eru songs at the time.The heroines are very different in their character, the princes/emperors too. I really wonder on what basis other than emperor/prince gets an outside girl. And in Saiunkoku, the heroine is from a lineage, and has all the qualities to be an emperor, but her gender.

Kraco
Wed, 09-16-2015, 03:22 PM
I think the main point of the comparison was that in both this show and Saiunkoku the main girl isn't all about romance but they have stuff and ambition in their lives they want to achieve. That's something I really appreciate in Shirayuki, although at the same time it also frustrates me (because it inevitably slows down the romance).

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-19-2015, 02:38 AM
Exceedingly mushy fairy tail romance stuff, but I liked it a lot.

Someone's been watching too much Fairy Tail. :P

I think the thing that keeps this show on the "good, easy watching but not great" category is that the main guy doesn't try to kill Shiraiyuki every now and again. He's not nasty at all, and nastiness creates some tension in a show, but I'm still happy this story is just easy and fairy tale-like.

Munsu
Tue, 09-22-2015, 07:22 PM
Episode 12....

Uneventful final episode, but appropriate. Just a alright nice final episode before it goes on break until next year.

Not sure what to make of Obi, but if he keep trying to push the envelope to create some sort of love triangle I'm going to be pissed. Thankfully it hasn't delved into that.

Kraco
Wed, 09-23-2015, 01:14 AM
Not sure what to make of Obi, but if he keep trying to push the envelope to create some sort of love triangle I'm going to be pissed. Thankfully it hasn't delved into that.

I actually pity Obi. It's quite clear Zen and Shirayuki love each other, so there's no room for a third wheel there. Yet Obi is ordered by Zen to guard Shirayuki. It does seem like he has feelings for her as well, indeed, yet those feelings will never bear any fruit, apart from a regular friendship, which is even more cruel in many ways.

Munsu
Wed, 09-23-2015, 01:45 AM
I actually pity Obi. It's quite clear Zen and Shirayuki love each other, so there's no room for a third wheel there. Yet Obi is ordered by Zen to guard Shirayuki. It does seem like he has feelings for her as well, indeed, yet those feelings will never bear any fruit, apart from a regular friendship, which is even more cruel in many ways.

It's not about whether I like Obi or not... I actually do, I just don't like love triangles, so rather the story doesn't entertain that story line

Kraco
Mon, 01-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Episode 13 - HS

- - - - -- - -

New season and no recap episodes. This is how it's supposed to be! Seems like we are entering the next arc immediately as well.

Things are just as cumbersome as ever for the romance. Shirayuki still does pretty much nothing to drive it forward, instead fully concentrating on her job, and Zen feels pressure from multiple sides not to try too hard. Not only must he not allow Shirayuki to think he's not actually working just as much as she is, but the older brother's eyes are on him as well. Last but not least he must keep in mind that the court would not view such a relationship in a favourable light, and Shirayuki already suffered some rumours. Although his buddies are supportive, I reckon he must be imagining they are amused by his excuses. At the very least Shirayuki still reacts favourably whenever Zen manages to go meet her.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Oh it's back! Can't wait to watch it later. I marathoned this a while ago after forgoing it because I've read the manga, but this adaptation is very good.

David75
Mon, 01-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Production values were down a notch, srrange for the first ep of the second cour.
For some reason, I wasn't into that ep as much as I was for the first cour. Must be because of the time of the year.

Kraco
Mon, 01-18-2016, 12:56 PM
OVA (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=775118)

Episode 14 - HS

- -- - - -

The Tanbarun royal court doesn't need a jester when they have a prince like that.

The OVA has a terrible image quality, like some xvid from 15 years ago, but it's a very nice extra episode otherwise.

Kraco
Mon, 02-01-2016, 06:20 PM
Episode 16 - HS

- --- - --

Somehow this anime makes it more obvious how much it tortures Obi to guard Shirayuki for Zen's sake. Or perhaps I mostly forced myself not to think about it when reading the manga. It's quite a strange relationship all in all. I dislike triangles and polygons, but it can't really be helped here. At least it's more complicated than in most works situated contemporarily, with theoretically equal people. Now Obi is Zen's subordinate in a very concrete fashion, thus sworn into his service and to follow Zen's intructions and for Zen's benefit. Who knows what goes through his mind every moment he watches her knowing she won't ever be his, yet still wanting to do everything he can for her. It seems like there's no way Zen wouldn't realise this as well, but still he keeps giving him missions such as this. Of couse it ensures the guard would willingly even die for Shirayuki's sake, but it must also hurt Obi like hell.

These eps weren't overly interesting, save for the cute comedy provided by the brats, but now things ought to get serious.

Kraco
Mon, 02-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Episode 18 - HS

-- -- - -

As much as I appreciate that Shirayuki is a strong female lead, it's still good that Zen occasionally gets to play the hero to save her. And that she's glad enough to cry just hearing about it. But then again, her strength is usually shown in different ways, slowing down the romance.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-16-2016, 10:39 PM
If I were Zen, I'd coerce Raj to imprison the Lion Cub Scouts and hang all the pirates, who for some strange reason do not tan under the sun. If all this resolves itself without anyone dying, I'd lose all respect for the royalty in their world.

EDIT:

THEY SHOVED KIKI TO THE FLOOR. THESE SEA SCUM NEED TO BE SKINNED ALIVE (INCLUDING ALL NAILS AND EYELIDS), DIPPED INTO THE SEA A FEW DOZEN TIMES, ALLOWED TO HEAL (WITH SHIRAYUKI'S WONDER HERBS), SKINNED AGAIN, THEN RINSE AND REPEAT UNTIL THEY GO INSANE.

Then maybe they can get burned at a stake.

In light of this offense and their slight but undeniable participation in it, the lion cub scouts need to be hanged. Whatever reason they might have had, they kidnapped a royal guest. That's the minimum sentence in all logical societies. Not only that, their actions led to Kiki getting manhandled by albino pirates! Death is too nice a punishment.

And why the fuck do people in anime always put a cloth on people with wet clothes to keep them warm? As if that'll help. Take their wet clothes off and wring them out at least. Damn.

Kraco
Wed, 02-17-2016, 03:20 AM
Aside from her beautiful looks, Kiki's character is more manly than most men around in this series. She can take it.

The pirates certainly should be heading for the gallows if there was any realism in this series. The Lions of the Mountain is apparently a resistance against everybody else, so they should be on the country's list of elimination targets, but it seems like their presence was suffered because nobody had any use for the wilderness where they abide and they were of some use by fighting the pirates. Since they greatly helped now, I reckon it's not unreasonable they could get away lightly punished, provided they still offer further assistance in eradicating the pirate crew. Practically speaking it could be too costly for Tanbarun to scour the mountains looking for them for the sake of one court pharmacist who was saved anyway.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Just because Kiki can take it doesn't make it okay.

Maybe they can just capture the lion leader and execute him if the chance presents itself. It would be ridiculous if they just let him go or even make peace with him after all this.

Kraco
Wed, 02-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Yeah, of course it doesn't make it okay, but fortunately such a thing won't hurt Kiki at all, so it fine for the operation.

Dunno. If they take out the leader, there's a risk the rest will turn into vengeful bandits. By the looks of it, they haven't caused any trouble to the government before this incident. However, if they weigh Shirayuki's discomfort vs the benefits from getting rid of the pirates, I'd say the latter wins. They should just placate Shirayuki and Zen somehow. Though simply getting Shirayuki back might be enough for Zen as it is.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 02-22-2016, 09:56 PM
Ep 19:

I guessed it but it really turned out to be her dad, as typical shoujo cliche dictates. Oh well. Now to jail him for a few years.

I hope they show or at least explain that the pirates were executed in the next episode. It would make utterly no sense otherwise.

Munsu
Mon, 02-22-2016, 11:24 PM
Ep 19:

I guessed it but it really turned out to be her dad, as typical shoujo cliche dictates. Oh well. Now to jail him for a few years.

I hope they show or at least explain that the pirates were executed in the next episode. It would make utterly no sense otherwise.

I'm just going to wait until the "I'm your Dad's evil twin brother" revelation, then shit will really get interesting.

Kraco
Tue, 02-23-2016, 03:35 AM

They certainly should be heading for the gallows in a public place to serve as a warning to any wannabe pirates, but I don't know why they would show that to us. It's not like Shirayuki & gang would be tagging along. The execution should happen near a town that is suspected or known to associate with pirates. Probably not the capital city.

There has been a few hints coming from Kazuki suggesting that there might be someone looking forward to Shirayuki in the outlaw community. Of course only Shirayuki herself and the old man would know the specifics, I guess. Kazuki being so obsessed with Shirayuki totally randomly would have been weird with no connection, though.

The best part of the ep was Shirayuki and Zen hugging, with Shirayuki crying. She's so annoyingly (respectably) strong and academics/career oriented character that it's good to see her like this every now and then.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Catching up to this was quicker than I thought. Everything just flows.

Poor Obi. Having to guard Shirayuki would mean he gets zero exposure to anyone else other than Kiki.

Shirayuki's an interesting design. Her red hair lets her be desirable without being "sexy". At the same time it's a shade of red that's unnatural and unobtainable so no one gets jealous about how "normal" she is.

The old man story came out of nowhere. I don't even remember what happened to her grandmother. Did she die or something?

Kraco
Fri, 03-11-2016, 08:38 AM
I don't remember either. But I would imagine so considering how easily she left. Although it would be pretty haphazard for Shirayuki to simply leave behind the property in the capital if she was the owner. Perhaps the shop was only renting the place. What comes to her design, I think she's really cute. I can totally see why two kingdoms desired her, haha.

Uhhuh, this isn't exactly a memorable story. I only remembered the big picture from the manga from years ago. Now I guess I've even forgotten details from the early anime eps.

There's some Kiki stuff in the manga, although I don't exactly remember the chronological order of the arcs. But I reckon this season won't anymore have a chance to show much, with only a few eps left. She's an interesting character, so it's always nice to see Kiki needing to deal with problems.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Oh, she's cute. I like her too.

She avoids being "Oh look at my big boobs, I'm so popular with the boys". At the same time it's not "Look at this harem forming around my plain features" shoujo design.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Kiki should have her own anime, with Mitsuhide trying to woo her.

Kraco
Fri, 03-11-2016, 10:42 AM
She avoids being "Oh look at my big boobs, I'm so popular with the boys". At the same time it's not "Look at this harem forming around my plain features" shoujo design.

Yeah. "Look at this harem forming around my cute features and special skills" is much better.

Kiki should have her own anime, with Mitsuhide trying to woo her.

I always feel like all the guys are kind of tiptoeing around Kiki. Of course they all try to uphold such noble style (except for Obi), but it would be nice to see them crack some jokes with Kiki being on the receiving end more often. On the other hand they all do look plenty close to each other even without such. I'm really grateful Kiki is there, though, and it's not only Shirayuki being the only girl in the core cast. Even if Kiki is acting like a man most of the time.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-11-2016, 11:40 AM
When Mitsuhide tried to get Kiki to vouch for him when he was getting slutted on, what did that mean? Does he like Kiki? Does Kiki know? Or was that just a random cry for help to the nearest female?

David75
Fri, 03-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Kiki suggested Mitsuhide some BL with Obi...

Kraco
Wed, 03-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Episode 22- HS

- - - - - - - -

Her personality certainly didn't make a shift of any kind, but it was nonetheless nice to see Kiki dressed like a lady for a change. Although the best scene was the one where Zen asked for this favour. Like I said in my previous post, somehow she makes the guys nervous. Maybe it's because she's basically a female knight of high competence. Maybe the dudes don't always know if they should mind her gender or not, especially considering her general demeanour. They obviously respect her, but don't always know how to express it and are afraid of offending her.

Zen has a good big bro. Even if Isana is necessarily more straightforward and cruel due to being the crown prince. His quality is best shown by how he's ready to grant Zen freedom that he himself wouldn't have. Yet he's still keeping Zen is check as well.

Kraco
Wed, 03-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Episode 22- HS

- - - - - - - -

Her personality certainly didn't make a shift of any kind, but it was nonetheless nice to see Kiki dressed like a lady for a change. Although the best scene was the one where Zen asked for this favour. Like I said in my previous post, somehow she makes the guys nervous. Maybe it's because she's basically a female knight of high competence. Maybe the dudes don't always know if they should mind her gender or not, especially considering her general demeanour. They obviously respect her, but don't always know how to express it and are afraid of offending her.

Zen has a good big bro. Even if Isana is necessarily more straightforward and cruel due to being the crown prince. His quality is best shown by how he's ready to grant Zen freedom that he himself wouldn't have. Yet he's still keeping Zen is check as well.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 03-16-2016, 10:45 PM
I'm hoping Izana does not let me down now. :/

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Kiki needs her own show now!!!

I salivate each time she's on screen. She is absolutely awesome. A goddess. A war goddess no less!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-25-2016, 10:07 AM
HS - Ep 23

------------------

Kiki needs her own show now!!!

I salivate each time she's on screen.

http://i.imgur.com/UXb9TR5.jpg

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-25-2016, 10:34 AM
A mod posting spoilers. GJ.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-25-2016, 11:22 AM
A mod posting spoilers. GJ.

I assumed you were talking about the latest ep.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-25-2016, 11:42 AM
I wasn't, but that's okay. More Kiki is always welcome.

Ep 23:

It's epic how she smacked Mitsuhide on the face right after that, and Mitsuhide can't do a damn thing about it.

Kraco
Fri, 03-25-2016, 01:46 PM
It's epic how she smacked Mitsuhide on the face right after that, and Mitsuhide can't do a damn thing about it.

Hmm... Now that you said it, I think I'd enjoy an arc where Kiki does something wrong and gets some kind of a punishment. She's too perfect to be a wholesome character.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-25-2016, 02:04 PM
She's perfect from our POV, but from the story and probably her father, a lady swinging around a sword is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Her attitude towards the prince at times is already grounds for punishment.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-25-2016, 02:15 PM
Kiki and punishment sounds kinky.

Kraco
Fri, 03-25-2016, 03:19 PM
Her attitude towards the prince at times is already grounds for punishment.

Yeah. That's probably the biggest reason why I said earlier the others are always tiptoeing around her, for a reason that's never specified. Even when she has such an attitude, nobody ever reprimands her.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 03-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Because she is fucking bad ass and hot.

That's an anime rule. Look at Esdeath.

Munsu
Fri, 03-25-2016, 09:32 PM
So one more episode to go.

I want there to be more political turmoil. Thought we were heading that way with the marriage interviews, but it ended up being of no import for now.

Kraco
Tue, 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Episode 24 Final - HS

- -- - - -

Quite a decent last episode, all in all, with all the Zen+Shirayuki moments, with even some Izana mixed in.

I'd be very surprised if this anime got more seasons. I have kept reading the manga all the time so I'm safe in that sense, but I was satisfied with the production values and VAs, so this was a treat for me, as long as it lasted. Naturally 24 episode was already more than many series get.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 03-29-2016, 02:41 PM
How far did this get in the manga?

Is there more Kiki in the manga?

On a side note, kiki is slang for vagina in my native language.

Kraco
Tue, 03-29-2016, 03:16 PM
About 32 of 74 chapters were used by the anime.

Kiki continues to have a presence, naturally. My memory seems to tell me she also has an arc of a sort, or at least there was an arc that concerned her more than the ones in the anime. I don't remember which chapters covered it, though. Like I said before, the anime shuffled the chapters around somewhat chronologically, so in fact where this anime ended is an earlier chapter than has been covered by the anime (that is, not ch32).

David75
Tue, 03-29-2016, 03:27 PM
I liked the show. Was a nice ride.

Shinta: in French kiki is the childish name for the penis. It was also the French name of the popular- in the eighties- Monchhichi doll

shinta|hikari
Tue, 03-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Please spoil me if Mitsuhide will ever get his hands on Kiki.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 03-30-2016, 07:19 AM
Please spoil me if Mitsuhide will ever get his hands on Kiki.

Shinta: in French kiki is the childish name for the penis.

:rolleyes:

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-30-2016, 08:01 AM
Hey, I did say it also means vagina.

David75
Wed, 03-30-2016, 10:57 AM
Meaning that if he puts his hands on Kiki, he gets hot either way :D

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-30-2016, 11:34 AM
This explains why Kiki is so hot as a female yet be so cool and manly at the same time.

David75
Wed, 03-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Feels like Shirayuki lost to Kiki...

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Huh? Was that even a contest? No one beats Kiki. She's like Megumin or Nagato, the sub heroine that everyone likes better than the main.

Munsu
Tue, 04-19-2016, 09:32 PM
Just watched the final episode. In all final couple of episodes where anti-climatic and uneventful, but good way to bring closure to the series.

It was a pleasant anime to watch.