PDA

View Full Version : Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-05-2015, 05:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fvMOWsx.png

Alternative title:
Everyday Life with Monster Girls
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijō (Japanese)
モンスター娘のいる日常 (Japanese)

Genres: comedy, romance, supernatural
Themes: bishoujo, ecchi, harem, mythical creatures

Plot Summary: Three years ago, the world learned that harpies, centaurs, catgirls, and all manners of fabulous creatures are not merely fiction; they are flesh and blood - not to mention scale, feather, horn, and fang. Thanks to the "Cultural Exchange Between Species Act," these once-mythical creatures have assimilated into society, or at least, they're trying. When a hapless human teenager named Kurusu Kimihito is inducted as a "volunteer" into the government exchange program, his world is turned upside down. A snake-like lamia named Miia comes to live with him, and it is Kurusu's job to take care of her and make sure she integrates into his everyday life. -ANN

Links: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16856), AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=11130), MAL (http://myanimelist.net/anime/30307/Monster_Musume_no_Iru_Nichijou), Official (http://monmusu.tv/)

Download: Link (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=monster+musume+horrible)

---------------------------------

Well, I got into this after hearing Ryll talk about it. The spider (Rachnee) is supposedly awesome so I'll watch out for it. In the meanwhile though, Miia > everyone.

Kraco
Wed, 08-05-2015, 06:49 AM
This has been mildly entertaining so far. One good thing is that the girls are quite different from each other in many ways, not limited only to different kind of animal ears or tails, which is how far anthropomorphic girls usually go. Although at the same time I have to confess only ears and tails is as far as I'd go, I'm not furry enough, so these girls don't really do it for me anymore. But I can watch this for their varied personalities.

The agent lady is a lazy fucker, though, pushing them all to a single man who doesn't know how to say no.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-05-2015, 07:17 AM
The agent lady is a lazy fucker, though, pushing them all to a single man who doesn't know how to say no.

Except he says no at the most crucial and entertaining moments.

You're missing out, Kraco.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-05-2015, 07:26 AM
I generally dislike ecchi-centric harem shows. Is this watchable despite that?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-05-2015, 07:36 AM
I generally dislike ecchi-centric harem shows. Is this watchable despite that?

Not if you dislike ecchi-centric harem shows IMO.

I agree with Kraco that this feels mildly entertaining. For some reason the little bit of manga I sampled felt more fun. Perhaps it's because it's condensed.

MFauli
Wed, 08-05-2015, 07:54 AM
i cannot watch this. I read the whole manga. This should have been made into a full-fledged hentai-anime. Tbh the story sucks, it lacks depth to be entertaining by itself. Meanwhile, the whole teasing is getting old quickly. Man, I donīt think Iīve seen a hentai-anime with Lamia- or harpye-girls ... what a missed chance :(

shinta|hikari
Wed, 08-05-2015, 07:58 AM
I'll pass on this then.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 08-05-2015, 09:31 AM
Rachnee and Suu are my favorites in the manga so I'll have to wait to see how Rachnee turns out in the anime.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-05-2015, 03:45 PM
You gotta give it a chance.

Monster Musume is trash, and I know it is, but it's really good trash. FFS, it is based on hentai one-shots from the same artist years ago (https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/?tags=living_with_monster_girl) [NSFW]. The character designs of Rachnee and Centorea are unchanged and there are even plots borrowed from the one-shots in the manga/anime. MFauli is ill-informed but opinionated anyway, as usual.

There's a lot of thought put into the whole thing. Biological processes and cultural details well fleshed out, personalities established and humor throughout. It's not a deep, reflective examination of society as seen through the mirror of monster girls, and don't expect it to be.

However, it is soft satire. The girls are blatantly patterned to exploit stereotypes, for example mermaid society as a whole is obsessed with the fairy tale about them. The centaur is honorable, and the harpy bird-brained. But it does get a bit more subtle at times, they're not just stereotypes. Even the government policies are thought out and delivered with a bit of satire.

It's a trashy ecchi series for sure, bit it's far better done than the average ecchi series with a very specific niche appeal addressed.

The male lead (who's actual name is stated at most twice in the whole manga thus far) isn't your typical beta male fortunate by luck alone of being in this situation. He's not a Yuuki Rito by any means. No, he's not a badass like Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica's main character, but he certainly doesn't mess around. He's competent, strong, and actively manages and deals with the shit that happens to him and his household in a responsible, adult manner.

There aren't any, "oh shit I inexplicably tripped right into your boobs! I'm so sorry!" moments. The girls are aggressively pursuing him. In fact, most of the girls can kill him on accident, and often come reasonably close to doing so.

Rachnee and Miia are obviously my favorites. I'm much happier with Smith voiced, Kobayashi Yuu vastly improves her character.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-05-2015, 06:02 PM
There aren't any, "oh shit I inexplicably tripped right into your boobs! I'm so sorry!" moments.

No, just "Oh shit I grabbed your boobs hard while riding you" moments :P

I did enjoy that one-shot a year ago. I didn't address MFauli though because it doesn't invalidate what he said. He's asking for it to be an animated adult video. Monstet girl doujins aren't abundant, but still easily found.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-05-2015, 06:42 PM
It doesn't need to be a hentai. There's nothing gained from it being more explicit than it already is.

The series doesn't have a problem in explaining exactly how the monster girls breed with humans. Miia's already demonstrated how it happens for lamia in the first episode, nearly.

If you need exact details, that's why the "Living with..." one-shots are for.

MFauli
Thu, 08-06-2015, 12:30 AM
It doesn't need to be a hentai. There's nothing gained from it being more explicit than it already is.

Without it being hentai, itīs just a medicore romcom, typically shallow as the genre unfortunately seems to dictate. "Biological processes" and "cultural details fleshed out" made me laugh. The series never fleshes out anything, cause thereīs simply no developement in any regard. New girls keep appearing, they all fall for the main character for no good reason and said main character never "goes for it" just like all our beloved gay heroes :/

I mean, if you enjoy watching this kind of show, please do so. But nobody would even talk about it if it wasnīt for the monster girl gimmick - which is incredibly hot, but not so much in a non-h anime.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 08-06-2015, 12:54 AM
"Biological processes" and "cultural details fleshed out" made me laugh.

Stop skipping the previews.

Okayado made some more material with update designs too. He came up with the current Miia in that one.

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-06-2015, 04:56 AM
Without it being hentai, itīs just a medicore romcom, typically shallow as the genre unfortunately seems to dictate. "Biological processes" and "cultural details fleshed out" made me laugh. The series never fleshes out anything, cause thereīs simply no developement in any regard.
Miia, Papi, and Centorea's are each touched on, and some of Mero's was just covered in the anime.

As I said, Miia's already gotten plenty of discussion about her biology, same with Suu and now Mero. The preview makes it obvious what they're covering next time, more Miia and Papi.

In addition to what Buff said (the end cards are loaded with details), I now seriously doubt you've read all the manga that has been released.

Again, explain to me how it being a hentai would improve anything that hasn't already been shown? Miia's come close a number of times to simply taking him, and has obviously orgasmed at least once on the show.

MFauli
Thu, 08-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Again, explain to me how it being a hentai would improve anything that hasn't already been shown?

It would get me off.

Anyway, you guys are making it sound as if the anime IS more fleshed out than the manga. Iīm almost about to start watching it.

David75
Fri, 08-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Well the Papi ice sucking scene was pretty graphic for example.
I guess that anime is in line with others pushing the limit to the maximum they can.
I watch it to pass time, not many pet peeves and Smith-san in white underwear is pretty nice :D

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-11-2015, 02:47 PM
HS - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=721911)

-------------------------

Hmm, I can't believe the snake shedding was censored/altered. It can't be any more graphic than what we've seen so far right?

Kraco
Tue, 08-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Nobody should be so gullible they would let a shady cameraman enter their home like that. One more piece of evidence support the claim that the dude doesn't know how to say No. At least he had the wits to punch the living daylights out of him, even if far too late.

But if it brings the spider to the house, then it's all good.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 08-11-2015, 04:53 PM
Next ep is the one I'm waiting for...Rachnee! =D

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-12-2015, 11:59 PM
[NSFW]Video comparing uncensored BD to anime (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GvfiuZvhEM&feature=youtu.be&t=3m37s)

That mermaid vidcam scene suddenly makes sense.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 08-18-2015, 01:24 PM
HS - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=724316)

-------------------------------

Rachnera's a lot less scary than I expected her to be. The same is true for Zombie girl. I dunno, but Miia is still win for me... so far..

Those orcs are like Tiramii's relatives.

Kraco
Tue, 08-18-2015, 01:48 PM
I suppose in a show like this orcs like that were given. They were the kind of orcs that are raping elves in hentai, nothing more, nothing less.

Rachnee is a good addition. She's interesting. I hope she won't turn all tame.

Ryllharu
Tue, 08-18-2015, 06:26 PM
So if the male lead is a leg man, doesn't that actually mean that he's the most attracted to Smith? His internal ranking would be:

Smith > Rachnera > Suu > Papi > Centorea > Miia = Mero
Right?

I was very amused that the Ogre girl and Cyclops had the most feminine voices and girlish personalities of the MON crew.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 08-19-2015, 12:04 AM
So if the male lead is a leg man, doesn't that actually mean that he's the most attracted to Smith? His internal ranking would be:

Smith > Rachnera > Suu > Papi > Centorea > Miia = Mero
Right?

You're equating Leg Man with Leg-Only-Man though. I can't see him being more attracted to Suu/Papi than Miia/Mero. Smith is also apparently older than the rest of them.