PDA

View Full Version : Black Bullet

Munsu
Fri, 07-31-2015, 09:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vzLFGGy.jpg

In the year 2021, mankind was defeated by Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within a wall made of Varanium Monoliths, a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it—which gives them superhuman abilities—were discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize in fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children. Ten years after the war, Rentarō Satomi, a high school student who is also a Promoter in his childhood friend Kisara Tendō's Tendō Civil Security, along with his Initator Enju Aihara, receives a secret mission to prevent the Tokyo Area's destruction.

Genres: action, drama, mystery, science fiction
Themes: fighting, post-apocalyptic, superpowers, tragedy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15769

Saw some Blu-ray rips being released for Black Bullet, and got curious about it. Tried to find some discussion on it over here, and didn't find any. Seemed like a series that at least would've piqued the curiosity of you guys around here, so wondering if anyone watched this and what they thought about it?

Heard it was like an Elfen Lied type of series, not sure how accurate that is. And quite a bit of mix reactions for the series as well (though it seems like the norm these days).

SallySubs (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=717072)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Lots of potential wasted on poor production values. Lolis everywhere!

Munsu
Fri, 07-31-2015, 10:10 PM
Lots of potential wasted on poor production values. Lolis everywhere!

Production values has been bothering more as of late than ever. I skimmed through the first episode, seemed like it might have some decent violent action, which is always a plus for me, but I guess as you say the production values bother me a bit.

Will think about it some more.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-31-2015, 10:22 PM
It just feels like a clunky adaptation overall, and I haven't read the source material. I've just read enough LNs to understand what the source is like and why they failed to adapt it properly.

It has a bit of tragedy, but that isn't as well delivered as I had hoped. It also ends on a cliffhanger that may never be resolved in the anime medium, so consider that before investing time into this.

Munsu
Fri, 07-31-2015, 10:27 PM
It just feels like a clunky adaptation overall, and I haven't read the source material. I've just read enough LNs to understand what the source is like and why they failed to adapt it properly.

It has a bit of tragedy, but that isn't as well delivered as I had hoped. It also ends on a cliffhanger that may never be resolved in the anime medium, so consider that before investing time into this.

Unfinished animes is part of the reason why I stopped watching much anime at all over the past 8 or so years. But I've been missing it so I've been picking my spots here and there for the urge.

But yeah, that's probably a deal breaker for me right now, so I guess I'll pass on this for the time being. Thanks.