PDA

View Full Version : Joukamachi no Dandelion

neflight86
Tue, 07-14-2015, 08:55 PM

"The everyday lives of the nine super-powered siblings of the royal family are monitored by more than 200 surveillance cameras and broadcast nationwide. The people of the nation who are watching the broadcast will have the ability to elect the next monarch. Akane is the third-oldest sister who can manipulate gravity. She is shy and desperately does not want to be caught on camera.

Source: ANN"

Genre(s): Slice of life, Super Powers

HorribleSubs Ep01 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=708747)
HorribleSubs Ep02 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=711489)

I barely know where to begin. This is my feel-good show of the season so far with the refreshing depiction of a large, functional family and a silly backdrop that doesn't take itself too seriously. Normally, I'll watch a show like this, and space out during the mundane conversations. That's a good sign that I don't care enough about the characters or scenario to continue watching. That hasn't happened yet with this and I hope it'll continue to be entertaining and perhaps worth discussing?

SamuraiOdin
Tue, 07-21-2015, 06:33 PM
I've watched the 3 episodes that are out so far, and I've got to say that I'm liking it a lot. I think the fact that each episode "segment" switches focus to a different member of the family really helps keep it fresh.

neflight86
Wed, 07-22-2015, 09:33 AM
I like the chunni kid beceasue he's the right age for it, and of course big bro approves! That brought a smile to my face. Rest of the episode was so-so for me.

neflight86
Mon, 07-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Ep 4

Wardrobe meltdown was cute, but award for 'daww of the episode was onii-chan being a member of the fan club, on the pretext I'm assuming it's not for exploitative reasons.

MasterOfMoogles
Tue, 07-28-2015, 09:00 PM
I was pretty down on this show early on, but the last couple of episodes have been sufficiently funny. I've been enjoying it.

Pretty decent set of voice actors, too.