PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Super

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

neflight86
Mon, 07-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Forgive my lack of reference material. I expect most people here to know what this is.

Episode 1 is out.

So... That brought back a lot of memories, I suppose. This wasn't modernized at all aside from the widescreen broadcast. It's almost as if Akira had a script lying around after the end of Majin boo that was supposed to continue the story and he/they/we just got around to seeing it. Sounds like most of the old Jappanese cast is back, which reminds me of how used I am to the English dub (and how much I dislike Goku's Japanese VA). As a first episode, there wasn't much story aside from the setup for this arc and a recap with old animation, which ironically looked about as good as this animation does, but one thing stood out to me: Maybe I'm a sucker for redemption, but I did like that Mr.Satin got to act the part of a hero for once by basically funding Goku's next training leave and admitting that he did little to save the world though he got all the credit.

TLDR; Not much to discuss yet, but feel free.

MFauli
Mon, 07-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Solid first episode. Nostalgia hitting hard.

Since this is a real continuation of the main story, I wonder if Toriyama dares to have established characters die. I also hope that significant new cast members are added that are here to stay.

And most importantly: I hope Kuririn becomes somewhat important again. No idea how to give him enough power to make that happen, though, lol.

ForteCross
Mon, 07-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Solid first episode. Nostalgia hitting hard.

Since this is a real continuation of the main story, I wonder if Toriyama dares to have established characters die. I also hope that significant new cast members are added that are here to stay.

And most importantly: I hope Kuririn becomes somewhat important again. No idea how to give him enough power to make that happen, though, lol.
he still has the best cutting ki power in the rooster,

also what is the best fansubber for this series? i got one that wasnt that good

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Krilling couldn't cut Perfect Cell so I doubt that best cutting ki will help him.

TBH I was expecting something....more. Then again I've been so used to seasonal anime where the plot gets shown in the first ep. Now we only saw Beerus blow up half a planet.

vejita613
Mon, 07-06-2015, 04:50 PM
So, why was Piccolo stalking Gohan and Videl? Is he tsundere? Yandere?

Slow episode overall, but I enjoyed it. Can't wait for that next episode though. A day in the life of the Briefs family. Should be interesting to say the least.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 07-06-2015, 08:38 PM
I enjoyed it. I think this first episode was to have us fans get reacquainted(sp?) with our hero(es). :)

Raven
Tue, 07-07-2015, 06:36 AM
Just a reintroduction, really. Reminding us that the general public don't know about the characters and their abilities. The nostalgia and familiarity of the characters is enough to keep me coming back for more.

Harima Kenji
Wed, 07-08-2015, 03:53 PM
A weird first episode.. it felt filler to me, although it obviously isn't. It did indeed feel like an episode to end the buu arc, like it should've aired all those years ago.
This episode did confuse me a bit though.. I was under the assumption that "battle of gods" was canon, and the way this seems to go disproves that. Should I see it as a teaser for 'super' or something?

My wish for this series: make at least Gohan relevant again. He should've learned his lesson in the Buu saga that he should train more. In GT they made Gohan such a useless pussy (like everyone who was not Goku). I've always seen DBZ as Gohan's rise to power, like DB was for Goku.

Subtitle wise, is Funimation (I assume they already licenced this) hunting for sites that offer this or something? My normal channels didn't even list this. (maybe my channels are a bit outdated, nowadays, since even DBZ is not readily available). I too, am looking for a good subbing group. The one I had was just enough for me to fill in the blanks of my understanding of japanese.

vejita613
Wed, 07-08-2015, 07:12 PM
This episode did confuse me a bit though.. I was under the assumption that "battle of gods" was canon, and the way this seems to go disproves that. Should I see it as a teaser for 'super' or something?

My understanding is that it starts from the end of the battle with Kid Buu all the way until the start of the latest movie, RoF. This makes me think we might skip a bit sometime later on, but we shall see.

Subtitle wise, is Funimation (I assume they already licenced this) hunting for sites that offer this or something? My normal channels didn't even list this. (maybe my channels are a bit outdated, nowadays, since even DBZ is not readily available). I too, am looking for a good subbing group. The one I had was just enough for me to fill in the blanks of my understanding of japanese.

I believe that's exactly what's happening. DBZ is arguably Funis biggest property (or at least the one that made them famous). So, it wouldn't be surprising that they would want to crack down on all fan subbers. I had to use some random subbing group that I never heard of. I suspect, though, at least one of the popular subbing groups such as HorribleSubs are doing the subbing, but under a different name.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 07-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Man, that snake was a grade A asshole: "FUCK your water bottle, bitch!" *smack*

I'm with everyone else feeling the nostalgia vibes, but I don't really feel like I've outgrown the series at all. I do hope that they have more interactions between the characters we love and normal people. Those scenes made me laugh a lot.

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 07-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Got the same feeling as I got watching the first ep of DBZ, which is good. Kinda skeptical about the plot though. Kinda disliked Battle of Gods as a whole. I thought this series was about after he met Beerus and before Resurrection F (I was told), but the dude is being his douche-bag self again.

... I suspect, though, at least one of the popular subbing groups such as HorribleSubs are doing the subbing, but under a different name.

I've been out of the loop for a while and I too found it odd no popular fansub was doing this yet. I found this DragonTeam who changed their name specifically for this series and actually go by The Moonlighters (http://the-moonlighters.ml/pelican/)... Anyone know of them?

LaZie
Fri, 07-10-2015, 05:04 PM
I watch DeadFish subs. Grammar is good and as far as translation goes, it seems good to me. Not that I speak Japanese anyway :cool:

shinta|hikari
Sat, 07-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Wow, this show aged so horribly.

I remember enjoying some of the Dragonball episodes and even some of the Z episodes when I was a kid.

But this was horrible.

The "comedy" was slapstick at best and utterly corny/trite at the worst. The action was a decade old and so was the animation. The art style is horrid, and before anyone says that's how it is originally, that's exactly what I mean by aging poorly.

But the worst part was the voices. Do the seven dragon balls represent the pair of testicles each of the Go-xxx males and the single testicle Trunks lost to reach such a high pitch? I felt like I was watching a comedy show depicting how ridiculous VA work can get.

vejita613
Sun, 07-12-2015, 11:38 AM
But the worst part was the voices. Do the seven dragon balls represent the pair of testicles each of the Go-xxx males and the single testicle Trunks lost to reach such a high pitch? I felt like I was watching a comedy show depicting how ridiculous VA work can get.

Agreed, but is this really something unexpected? The voice actors aren't getting any younger. It's certainly noticeable, but what else could they do? Get different people to act? Would that really be acceptable? I didn't care much for it in the new Sailor Moon series, so I doubt I would've been OK with that in DBZ.

EP2

Not quite the Briefs family interaction I was hoping for, but it was nice to see nonetheless. I definitely feel for Vegeta, crowded places make me feel exactly the same.

So, from what I've, they will be doing a retelling of Battle of the Gods to fit into a series format. Not sure how well that will work, but I guess we will find out next episode.

ForteCross
Sun, 07-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Wow, this show aged so horribly.

I remember enjoying some of the Dragonball episodes and even some of the Z episodes when I was a kid.

But this was horrible.

The "comedy" was slapstick at best and utterly corny/trite at the worst. The action was a decade old and so was the animation. The art style is horrid, and before anyone says that's how it is originally, that's exactly what I mean by aging poorly.

i got to agree that the voices are weird, but then again i saw the series in latin spanish...

the first episode was weird, it was a goten and trunks adventure which wasnt really enjoyable.

second episode still feels filler, "vegeta goes in a vacation" and acts all pissed up on bulma and trunks? it felt out of place, in the movie he was all "dont you dare touch my wife punk", and if i remember correctly he wanted to be a good father to trunks after seeing future trunks die (or almost getting killed?)...

lets hope this is only a warm up till the recap of battle of gods...

Killa-Eyez
Sun, 07-12-2015, 06:14 PM
Ep 2 is out. DragonTeam isn't what you call a speed-sub. Will wait for their release though.

I watch DeadFish subs. Grammar is good and as far as translation goes, it seems good to me. Not that I speak Japanese anyway :cool:

Deadfish isn't what you call a "fan-sub". They re-encode original releases to make the files more player friendly and use subs from original fan-subs. In this case they used DragonTeam's, the one I originally watched. You can find what subs they use in each of their torrent descriptions (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=708841).

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 07-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Beerus looked so....odd at times. Reminded me more of one of those goldfishes with bloated eyeballs.
But I have to say...I was just smiling when I saw Vegeta go through all of that, Too bad they didn't change the name of the Super Sayajin God to Sayajin God.

MFauli
Tue, 07-14-2015, 03:55 PM
friend of mine claims this will only feature 12 episodes in total. that true?

vejita613
Tue, 07-14-2015, 07:07 PM
I've heard 100, but I don't believe there has been any official word as to how many there will actually be.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 07-14-2015, 08:14 PM
OMG. 100 episodes of this.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 07-15-2015, 05:41 AM
So is this arc just, like, a really slow retelling of the last movie?

But the worst part was the voices. Do the seven dragon balls represent the pair of testicles each of the Go-xxx males and the single testicle Trunks lost to reach such a high pitch? I felt like I was watching a comedy show depicting how ridiculous VA work can get.Well, it's a side effect of them not changing voices when the characters get older.

Goku and sons get introduced as kids, when the high pitch voices make sense, but then, inexplicably, when they grow up, they don't bother to change the voices.

Beerus looked so....odd at times. Reminded me more of one of those goldfishes with bloated eyeballs.He's Mr. Bigglesworth (http://static.celebuzz.com/uploads/2012/11/14/bigglesworth-cat-movie.jpg).

OMG. 100 episodes of this.I doubt it. This is how every DBZ arc starts. Goofy slice of life shit showing you what everyone's life is like, before the threat shows up and they spend the next 90 episodes fighting it.

Janice
Thu, 07-16-2015, 12:38 AM
DragonTeam is doing a good job. Will continue watching their subs.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-02-2015, 09:43 PM
4 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=719111)

---------------------------------------

Holy line thickness Batman!

Raven
Thu, 08-13-2015, 07:54 AM
So, I'm really LTTP when it comes to the DBZ universe the last few years.

I heard about Super back when it was about to start, and I've watched 4 episodes so far. Great. Nostalgia, etc. New big bad, ok cool. He's a little weird, but whatever, they're building up to a big fight.

Then I hear about this new movie (!) Resurrection F getting a cinema release here. Awesome! I go along to see it. WTF? They're friends now? What did I miss?

This will be old news to you all no dbout, but turns out there's a whole other movie I missed a couple of years back... Battle of the Gods. So let me get this straight; the new Super series is the story of BotG, just an extended version? It seems like a weird order to release BotG then begin Super which so far is the same story, then 4-5 episodes in release Resurrection F. The new movie has totally spoiled the story of Super which is still airing. Obviously it assumes you've seen BotG, but I hadn't even heard of it until now.

Dunno, not really complaining, but it's a weird way of doing it.

ForteCross
Thu, 08-13-2015, 03:50 PM
So, I'm really LTTP when it comes to the DBZ universe the last few years.

I heard about Super back when it was about to start, and I've watched 4 episodes so far. Great. Nostalgia, etc. New big bad, ok cool. He's a little weird, but whatever, they're building up to a big fight.

Then I hear about this new movie (!) Resurrection F getting a cinema release here. Awesome! I go along to see it. WTF? They're friends now? What did I miss?

This will be old news to you all no dbout, but turns out there's a whole other movie I missed a couple of years back... Battle of the Gods. So let me get this straight; the new Super series is the story of BotG, just an extended version? It seems like a weird order to release BotG then begin Super which so far is the same story, then 4-5 episodes in release Resurrection F. The new movie has totally spoiled the story of Super which is still airing. Obviously it assumes you've seen BotG, but I hadn't even heard of it until now.

Dunno, not really complaining, but it's a weird way of doing it. for my understanding the anime will be a retale of battle of gods and then continue with the story after the movie...

now i have to say that watching dragon ball on a weekly release is agonizing so far... i watched DBZ when i was a kid and it was a daily show, didnt saw a reason to watch dragon ball kai so i am new to this experience and the chapters are way too sloooooooooow (as expected from DBZ >.>)

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Dunno, not really complaining, but it's a weird way of doing it.I guess the thinking is that they want the series to contain all of the canon storyline of Dragon Ball. And Battle of the Gods was considered canon by Toriyama.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-26-2015, 01:53 AM
7 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=726614)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like how in this version, everyone tries to fight Beerus.

Edit: Oh wait, I guess they did in the movie too, it was just over much faster.

MFauli
Wed, 08-26-2015, 06:12 AM
Toriyama must hate Son-Gohan. sigh

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 08-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Agree with you there. He was the strongest fighter when DBZ ended if I recall correctly. And a Buu to the face is enough to knock him out?

MFauli
Wed, 08-26-2015, 11:47 AM
I mean, SSJ3-Goku was knocked out with two hits, so I donīt doubt that Awakened Gohan would fare much better. Still, getting knocked out by getting hit with Booīs body. Thatīs just too cruel/lol.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 08-26-2015, 02:35 PM
I think they expressly stated that he hasn't trained at all since the Buu arc. So he's probably way out of shape.

Also, even though it went by a lot quicker, these scenes were cooler in the movie. I realize the movie probably has a much larger budget, but having Beerus beat Piccolo with chopsticks and smack Vegeta around is a lot better than just freezing him in place with his mind.

Janice
Sat, 08-29-2015, 10:23 PM
Super's animation so far is absolutely terrible. You'd think a series as big as Dragon Ball would have a bigger budget. Poor pacing, poor animation, terrible music that removes all gravitas.

Three chapters of the manga have been released. Hopefully it's not just to promote the series and it's released regularly. It's far superior to the anime.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 08-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Your mistake was putting Dragon Ball and gravitas in the same post.

MFauli
Mon, 08-31-2015, 09:14 AM
episode 8 is out
---------------------

wow, the music played during Gokuīs arrival was ... the worst track they could have possibly chosen. lol. so bad. Didnīt feel epic at all due to that unfitting music.

And ugh, those episodes feel so short, even though I canīt really complain about unneeded filler stuff.

I just donīt get why SS2 Vegeta was stronger than SS3 Goku

DarthEnderX
Mon, 08-31-2015, 09:46 PM
I just donīt get why SS2 Vegeta was stronger than SS3 GokuI think the more important question is, all these years later, why the hell hasn't Vegeta learned how to SS3 yet?

LaZie
Tue, 09-01-2015, 01:33 AM
I think the more important question is, all these years later, why the hell hasn't Vegeta learned how to SS3 yet?

I think it has only been six months since they fought Kid Buu.

MFauli
Tue, 09-01-2015, 01:54 AM
I think it has only been six months since they fought Kid Buu.

So he should have reached SS7 by now, agreeīd.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-01-2015, 08:33 AM
If Resurrection F is any indication, it's a non-issue anyway, because he's just going to bypass the form entirely.

Janice
Thu, 09-03-2015, 01:32 AM
I think the more important question is, all these years later, why the hell hasn't Vegeta learned how to SS3 yet?

I would have no problem if that was Gohan, but Vegeta has never displayed the ability to drastically increase his power level by using his emotions. And he's been pretty pissed before.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-04-2015, 09:02 PM
I would have no problem if that was Gohan, but Vegeta has never displayed the ability to drastically increase his power level by using his emotions. And he's been pretty pissed before.But he's also never been effected by the "protecting/avenging my loved ones" trope before. Sure, he's been pissed off, but he's still always been fighting for himself.

In this episode, he was reacting to his wife being attacked. Which is something we've never seen before.

UChessmaster
Fri, 09-04-2015, 09:11 PM
But he's also never been effected by the "protecting/avenging my loved ones" trope before.

http://i59.tinypic.com/bg8a2u.jpg

David75
Sat, 09-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Vegeta is always at the top of his rage factor... so it's only natural he doesn't have yet another rage level :D
As opposed to Goku who is an airhead that has to let the rage grow to get some more power.

But the arc is progresses as usual for shonen anime, like in the past, several DB fighters show how great the oponnent is by not being able to do much, even Goku, then there's some training+magic, then new rounds where our saviours are up to the fight, and then some power boost :D

DarthEnderX
Wed, 09-09-2015, 03:52 PM
On the one hand, I'm glad they seemed to have removed the embarrassing scene of Vegeta singing and dancing from the movie.

On the other hand, I miss the Mai/Trunks romantic subplot. It was super cute.

...Does Vegeta even know Trunks is his son at that point? I don't remember.

David75
Thu, 09-10-2015, 08:19 AM
I didn't watch the movie, and although it doesn't fall into spoiler territory, the less I know the better ;)

As for last ep, well DB slowmotion as usual. Seems like next ep will be some stalling the time Goku learns what are his new powers, how to activate and use them.

vejita613
Sun, 09-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Episode 10

So, hopefully the fight will last one more episode, two tops. Just as well, this adaption of the movie has gone on long enough.

Side note, does anyone play DBZ Dokkan Battle?

MFauli
Sun, 09-13-2015, 04:39 PM
i hate the kaios/narratorīs voice soooo much. itīs so bad. heīs speaking so slow that itīs really getting on my nerves.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 09-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Yeah I know what you mean. Even when he is supposed to speak fast or shouting...It..is...the...same...speed...and...ton e.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-20-2015, 02:14 AM
Hah, completely agree. King Kai's character is in a constant state of panic, but the VA sounds like he's about to fall asleep.

Which, of course, he probably is. Because he's freakin' 84 years old.

MFauli
Mon, 09-21-2015, 10:20 AM
episode 11 is out
----------------------

an episode full of fighting, good.

i only wished that the animation wa on par with modern anime, like hunter x hunter. i understand that theyīre combining the advantage of nostalgia and reduced costs, but still ... there are no dynamic camera perspectives at all, every scene is playing out on a static plane. It could be so much better :/

MFauli
Thu, 09-24-2015, 07:43 PM
I just watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WMGfkdgqf4

My point: I wonder what itīd take for DB Super to evoke the same feeling of tension, desperation and then hope. Weīre currently watching Goku fight the freaking God of Destruction, the strongest guy in the universe, who wants to destroy our heroes planet earth ... and not for a single moment did it feel like something was at stake. The only good/exciting moment was when Vegeta nervously tried to satisfy Beerusī needs and then freaked out after Bulma being slapped. THAT was genuinely exciting, because the outcome wasnīt obvious. With Goku, you just know itīll all be alright.

When Goku turned into SSJ1 after Krilinīs death ... shit was tough! Now he turned into a GOD, and tbh it was pretty lackluster how it all happened.

Death also doesnīt seem so bad, since resurrection via Dragonballs has long since been established. Letīs be real: Even if everybody got killed, theyīd just happily live together in the after world.

So, again, I wonder: Is it even possible to ever again introduce an evil force that actually forces our heroes to display true fear and desperation? Also an evil force that cannot be defeated by simply throwing Goku at it. Sure, in the end heīs likely the one to defeat the evil force, but let there be some proper build up. Have Vegeta and the otherīs their go at it, and not in a pathetic instant defeat like against Beerus. Piccolo and Vegeta fought Freezer and it looked like theyīd be able to win. They fought against Cell and, again, things didnīt look so bad at times. And again against Boo, it looked as if Vegeta could defeat Boo ... when his absurd regeneration powers surfaced.
Giving them hope, giving us hope, is what made these battles and evil forces memorable.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 09-24-2015, 11:42 PM
I wonder what itīd take for DB Super to evoke the same feeling of tension, desperation and then hope.An actual villainous enemy.

Weīre currently watching Goku fight the freaking God of Destruction, the strongest guy in the universe, who wants to destroy our heroes planet earth ... and not for a single moment did it feel like something was at stake.Because Beerus isn't really a bad guy. He's just a bored guy with too much power trying to find someone strong enough to have a fight that's actually interesting.

He's basically the same as Goku.

Yeah, there's no Freiza tension here. Because Beerus is nothing like Freiza.

Death also doesnīt seem so bad, since resurrection via Dragonballs has long since been established. Letīs be real: Even if everybody got killed, theyīd just happily live together in the after world.A completely valid complaint. The Dragonballs make death cheap.

And even if they weren't, the dread of death comes from not really knowing what happens to those that die, or if you'll ever see them again. However, knowing that for good people, death really is a paradise where you get to live with your loved ones, because characters have already been there and come back again, takes all the tension out of dying.

Have Vegeta and the otherīs their go at it, and not in a pathetic instant defeat like against Beerus. Piccolo and Vegeta fought Freezer and it looked like theyīd be able to win. They fought against Cell and, again, things didnīt look so bad at times. And again against Boo, it looked as if Vegeta could defeat Boo ... when his absurd regeneration powers surfaced.You're arguing against the weight of the entire series here though. Every arc, the number of characters that can reasonably fight the villain get smaller and smaller.

The problem with Dragon Ball Z has always been that there's too many heroes and not enough villains in a given are. Most arcs only have 1 or 2 villains of consequence. Even in arcs where they do have plenty of other villains, like the Ginyu force, instead of doing the interesting thing and having them all fight different heroes, you just have the main hero come in an beat pretty much all of them.

How much more interesting would the Namek arc have been if, instead of just Piccolo being resurrected and brought to Namek, all of heroes has been brought back then. And instead of the Ginyu Force being defeated, 1 by Vegeta, and 4 by Goku, if they'd all been in separate fights with separate heroes?

It's an important lesson that later series like Naruto and One Piece learned and improved on, but Dragonball seems to still be doing the same thing it always did. One villain that beats up everyone but Goku.

Is it even possible to ever again introduce an evil force that actually forces our heroes to display true fear and desperation?They can, but it would be spoilers from the movie to explain how. I don't know what our policy on that is. The movie is old obviously, but to people that haven't seen it, talking about the end of the movie would be spoilers for the end of this story arc.

MFauli
Fri, 09-25-2015, 05:10 AM
I think one way to create a true feeling of danger and despair again, would be to make use of what has been established long time ago: Dying while already being dead makes you cease to exist. No more revival via dragonballs. Problem: Youīd have to permanently kill off popular characters and I donīt see that happening. Of course, there could be another work around thatīs just infinitely harder than collecting dragonballs, like, say, you donīt really cease to exist, but you cease to exist in this current universe. Wasnīt it established at the end of Dragonball Z or so that there are multiple universes? That would be a nice concept: Have Goku and the remaining friends travel to another universe, preferably using one of Bulmaīs inventions, and then continue similar to the Freezer-arc. Ha, even more awesome: Toriyama could apply "science" and say that every universe features different physical laws, meaning that Goku isnīt really strong anymore in another universe. That would allow other characters like Krilin to take part in battles again.

Anyway, something needs to happen to make it exciting again.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-25-2015, 03:21 PM
Wasnīt it established at the end of Dragonball Z or so that there are multiple universes?Well, movie spoilers, but:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's also established at the end of the movie. Beerus tells them that there are actually 12 universes, some of which are full of people stronger than the ones in this universe. And the way it's presented at the end of the movie is very clearly, "This is the new frontier of adventure for our heroes." So they're obviously going to travel there in future arcs.

And they can bring back the tension by having the Dragonballs not work in the other dimensions. And maybe even having death be completely different in other dimensions.

UChessmaster
Fri, 09-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Does Vegeta even know Trunks is his son at that point? I don't remember.

Heīs aware yes :P

MFauli
Sun, 09-27-2015, 04:58 PM
episode 12 is out
--------------------

haha, how i missed all the static shouting and power charging :D

Itīs totally random how some attacks cause universe destryoing waves and others dont, lol.

next week should be more exciting

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 09-27-2015, 05:00 PM
I was wondering how they would show the scale of their power but yeah...2 and a half clashes of fists would destroy the universe? That is pretty damn powerful.

MFauli
Sun, 09-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Makes you wonder how future battles will even happen then. I mean, if the power levels keep rising, how can they even fight in any universe? lol

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 09-28-2015, 04:43 AM
I'm guessing they are going to do that like how they are doing it in Draginball Multiverse ( awesome webcomic ). Since there are 12 other universes I'm sure there is one that is completely empty and the gods can just fight there.

MFauli
Sat, 10-10-2015, 05:22 AM
btw i see so many people everywhere mentioning Resurrection of F as if they have watched it already. I cant seem to find anywhere to watch a subbed version of the movie. Anyone can help? :>

vejita613
Sat, 10-10-2015, 08:27 AM
btw i see so many people everywhere mentioning Resurrection of F as if they have watched it already. I cant seem to find anywhere to watch a subbed version of the movie. Anyone can help? :>

The only subbed version I saw was a bootleg that someone recorded at a theater in Thailand or some place. And that was a few weeks before the movie came out in theaters. After that, they just sort of dropped off. It's supposed to be coming out on blu ray sometime this month though.

UChessmaster
Sun, 10-11-2015, 10:28 AM
Resurrection "F", English dub. (https://torcache.net/torrent/EDF2DBFF867C2CA3868EA926617687C1993B1744.torrent?t itle=[kat.cr]dragon.ball.z.resurrection.f.2015.720p.webrip.x264 .aac.etrg)

MFauli
Sun, 10-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Thx, but eww, only english dub, no japanese :/

anyway, episode 14 is out
---------------------------------

lol, goku switching on and off like a power switch.

UChessmaster
Sun, 10-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Well, the JPN voices are terrible, I thought we all agreed on this?

vejita613
Mon, 10-12-2015, 03:58 AM
The only VA's that I had a problem with is Gokus and King Kais. They will never get rid of Gokus, but judging from this last episode, it sounds like they changed King Kais.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 10-12-2015, 04:41 AM
It's one of the rare times when the english Dub is better. I mean...it's mostly dudes fighting. They should at least sound like men. Jap Goku is just...too feminine. Sure it's not the only time where women are casted for male roles. Maybe I'm just biased to the dub since I grew up with that.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-12-2015, 07:50 AM
No, Goku's voice is just wrong. So is Gohan's. Their bodies grew but the VAs didn't change, AFAIK.

vejita613
Mon, 10-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Maybe I'm just biased to the dub since I grew up with that. As is much of the western audience. Oddly enough, I was the opposite; I watched the dubs first (and enjoyed it), but later found the original version and preferred that more. And it seems the same thing will happen to me with RWBY should I ever get my hands on the Japanese version. To be fair, though, they do have a stellar cast.

I don't know, maybe I'm too much of a "weeaboo" now?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-12-2015, 03:52 PM
You actually like adult Goku's voice!?

vejita613
Mon, 10-12-2015, 04:13 PM
Well, to be more accurate, I liked how it sounded back in the day. With Super and the most recent films, you can tell she has lost her touch. Even still, it doesn't bother me too much.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-16-2015, 07:22 AM
They shoulda made it so Super Saiyan God changed his voice. :p

David75
Sun, 10-18-2015, 05:43 AM
I'm at ep 14 at last. Was lagging because I wanted DT subs.
Discovered over8000 as a replacement, but they only have ep14... So I still had to wait for ep 13 from DT.
Watched those and now I can tout participate.
I also watched battle of gods and resurrection F.
Well, I have to say I'm not a teen anymore and I'm a little annoyed when most parts of an ep are all shouts and the same sequence of actions played from different angles and orders...
Goku when gaining flight and kame lost an interresting weapon and his magical cloud. He lost a great deal of diversity in his attacks and overall battle management. I was a little happy he used his teleportation effciently at last.

I think scenarists have a lot on the table to create better fight dynamics, better character dynamics. Because more of the same old namek arc in different settings is boring

MFauli
Mon, 10-19-2015, 01:23 PM
episode 25 is out
----------------------

Chichi is super bad with money. Poor Goku, working or not, money issues arenīt his faults :/

I like Mr. Satan. Kinda wish heīd get stronger in fighting power, just enough to impress other humans. Like, learn to hover/fly and a light kamehameha or so.

Also, he should have tried fighting the guy. If heīs so slow that Satan managed to keep his distance, then he couldnt have been that strong.

UChessmaster
Wed, 10-21-2015, 09:36 AM
Episode 25?

So, I`m thinking they might just skip resurrection F, since the manga did as much and they`re more or less the same pace...

Janice
Thu, 10-22-2015, 02:39 AM
This show is disgustingly bad.

The art/animation is fucking terrible.
The music is fucking terrible.
The direction is fucking terrible.
Episode 15 is already straight filler (WTF?)

At least the manga is on point.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-23-2015, 08:19 PM
I hate ChiChi so much.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 10-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Are you gay or a lolicon?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-26-2015, 03:26 AM
Are you gay or a lolicon?I don't think either?

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-26-2015, 07:25 AM
Oh that was joke based on Chichi's name.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-26-2015, 09:34 PM
Oh right! Cause boobs.

UChessmaster
Wed, 10-28-2015, 08:40 PM
I`m lost, what`s the joke?

Shadow Skill
Wed, 10-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Chichi = Oppai is the joke I think. :p

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-29-2015, 06:17 AM
I`m lost, what`s the joke?Her name is Chi-Chi. Chichi means boobs in Japanese. I said I hate Chi-Chi. He suggests that I only like men and little girls, implying that I don't like boobs.

Now that I've explained it, you may commence with your enjoyment of the joke.

MFauli
Sun, 11-01-2015, 03:12 PM
damn, what happened to chichi? while bulmaīs looking great, chichi ... isnt that hot anymore :/

vejita613
Mon, 11-02-2015, 04:14 AM
Bulma has always looked fairly young, even in GT. I guess it runs on her moms side of the family?

Side note, I thought it was hilarious that Vegeta had a 6-7 month head start over Goku. Usually it's the other way around.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-03-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm glad Pan is still Pan. Knowing that they don't consider GT to be canon, I was worried for a bit that Pan wasn't going to be a canon character anymore. And even though I didn't like the show Pan was in, I'm glad they didn't just get rid of the character out of spite or something.

vejita613
Tue, 11-03-2015, 04:50 PM
She was in Z, no reason why she wouldn't be canon. Unless Toriyama forgot her like he apparently has Bra/Bulla. But that didn't happen.

UChessmaster
Tue, 11-03-2015, 05:32 PM
But then if Pan is cannon, how come Goku couldnt go Super Saiyan Blue during the last tournament against Ubb or show any of his new OP strength?

vejita613
Tue, 11-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Technically speaking, you can say that he could, but simply chose not to. Kind of like he chose not to going SS3 against Majin Vegeta.

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-04-2015, 11:20 AM
But that still makes Uub mind-blowingly irrelevant, considering all the power ups Goku has received and the ones he will most certainly receive as the story keeps on progressing, there`s no way in hell Uub can keep up.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-04-2015, 02:51 PM
But that still makes Uub mind-blowingly irrelevant, considering all the power ups Goku has received and the ones he will most certainly receive as the story keeps on progressing, there`s no way in hell Uub can keep up.My response to that is: So what? Who gives a shit about Uub?

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-04-2015, 05:49 PM
I uhmmm.... errrr, I guess no one...

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 11-05-2015, 04:50 AM
I kinda liked the concept of Uub. Too bad he wasn't much in GT. Despite GT being crap.

vejita613
Sun, 11-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Episode 18
------------------

Well, I was hoping for more of what happened between BoG and RoF, but I guess we're heading straight into RoF now. Hopefully it doesn't drag on as long as the last arc. Or, if it does, hopefully they extend the fight between Vegeta and Freeza.

MFauli
Sun, 11-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Having just seen RoF, this episode was a bit boring in parts. And disagreed to the above posting: I hope RoF gets done with as quickly as possible so we get brandnew story material.

Definitely interesting to hear that you can "learn" to feel a godīs ki. And fuck, is there ANY chance at all that Vegeta might win against Goku this time? Itīs so frustrating to see him dedicate his whole existance to training, only to fail to Goku because of his happy-go-luck nature. :/

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Here's the thing though, in RoF the movie, not only could both Goku AND Vegeta become SSJ Gods, but they both had forms BEYOND that. And they both had them before the movie started.

So even if they are doing the movie already, they have to show us how they got those forms at least, which the movie skipped.

At this point, I won't be watching any further DBZ movies, knowing that they're just going to be one giant spoiler for an entire story arc now.

Speaking of which, I was really disappointed when Frieza's new form didn't look like Cooler's.

I will say, it's disappointed that the only thing Toriyama can come up with for training is "more weight". When it's time for a character to get stronger, it's always weighted clothes, or high gravity planets, or artificial gravity rooms, or super heavy sword, and now, just regular old weights.

Killa-Eyez
Wed, 11-11-2015, 07:03 PM
This whole new-age Dragon Ball seems to be based solely on power-ups. By regular training.

In DBZ Goku at least learned some new techniques; Kaio-ken, Spirit Bomb, Instant Transmission...

Putting my hopes on Whis-sama to teach at least something new.

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-11-2015, 09:01 PM
To be fair, the whole old-age Dragon Ball also did the same thing, Goku learned NOTHING during both the cell/buu/gt eras besides new transformations.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-12-2015, 12:53 AM
Yeah, and that was acceptable at the time, but I've watched a lot more shounen anime that's come out since then, and it's hard to go back to that lack of variety or moveset development in a character.

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-12-2015, 08:30 AM
Isn`t that the charm though? Dragon ball is not and will never be a modern shounen series, expecting it to change because other series are different does not really computes with me. I`m not saying I WANT the series to be like this, but it`s clear that the whole thing is built upon rose tinted glasses and to make quick bucks on fans, as evidenced by the fact that the COMPLETE season 1 is a (poorly done) rehash.

David75
Thu, 11-12-2015, 01:50 PM
the last training felt a lot like the very begining of dragonball and the goku/kuririn training.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-12-2015, 04:44 PM
Isn`t that the charm though? Dragon ball is not and will never be a modern shounen series, expecting it to change because other series are different does not really computes with me.I guess but...if you aren't going to do ANYTHING new then...why continue the series?

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-12-2015, 07:26 PM
to make quick bucks on fans.

Basically

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-12-2015, 08:43 PM
But why would that be part of anything's charm? That's not charming at all.

UChessmaster
Fri, 11-13-2015, 08:34 AM
But why would that be part of anything's charm? That's not charming at all.

The terribly done plot is the charm the series is meant to elicit trough nostalgia. The money grab rant was a different point :P

Another point for this series existence is so they can start pumping up new merchandise. That way people like video game producers will not have to scrap the absolute bottom of the barrel and add made up characters like Super Saiyan 3 Broly or something for fans to eat up...

Erhmmm, I mean Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta...

What? There`s a SSJ3 Vegeta too? What about Farmer with shotgun? Can I use Farmer with shotgun as my mock bottom of the barrel reference? yes? good.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-13-2015, 08:54 AM
Then you can add nostalgia to the list of reasons why DB is continuing, as much as I would like it not to.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-14-2015, 08:23 AM
I don't have a problem with it continuing. I have a problem with it not doing anything interesting.

They need to add SOMETHING new. Anything besides just "I'm stronger, faster, and that one move I do is even bigger now."

shinta|hikari
Sat, 11-14-2015, 09:23 AM
I have a problem with it continuing because it isn't doing anything interesting.

MFauli
Sat, 11-14-2015, 10:14 AM
shouldnt ep 19 be out by now?

vejita613
Sat, 11-14-2015, 11:20 AM

I think you're a day early.

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-15-2015, 09:07 AM

Here you go (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A118946A3A9546F768588F6639005 ECED3BAA3D9&dn=dragon+ball+super+episode+019+720p+eng+subs+nic ktam+mp4&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fa nnounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337)

MFauli
Sun, 11-15-2015, 10:09 AM
ugh, this is boring. who thought itd be a good idea to make a movie about the same story youre going to tell in the anime series later?

and its fucking boring they revived freezer in his cut-up form. shouldnt he have instantly died again?

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Nop, Frieza`s race can survive being cut up a million times if you want, he didn`t die due to being cut off, he died because of the ki blast Trunks did, that`s what Shenlong undid.

The1LittleMchale
Fri, 11-20-2015, 11:32 PM
So I'm only at ep 14... where are you getting current eps from? I'd appreciate links to new episodes because I got promoted at my job and rarely have time to think about anything ever... All help is appreciated my old friends

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-21-2015, 10:35 AM
I just use nyaa.eu for everything.

MFauli
Sat, 11-21-2015, 08:39 PM
is ep 19 the newest episode? i just fastforwarded it, because it felt familiar. nothing new. sigh, these movies are a terrible idea.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes. Yes they are.

At the very least, they should be coming out AFTER the series, not before.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 11-23-2015, 06:04 AM
Anyone else notice that apparently now Shenlong can grant 3 wishes, instead of 2? Shenlong explained that after the God changed, the dragon balls were powered up.. but that was Dende and he made him grant 2...
I'm kinda in the same boat as many of you are.. I think it's nice that we get a continuation, but right now nothing very interesting is happening.. probably because we already know what will happen because of the movies.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-25-2015, 08:34 PM
Am I supposed to know who Jaco is? The show acts like he's a returning character, but I don't remember him.

I did notice Shenlong is up an extra wish now. Maybe Dende is stronger now, so the Dragon Balls are stronger.

It feels like it was done purely to serve that joke though of them wishing for crap.

I'm still missing the Mai being Trunk's girlfriend plot.

I love that Krillin has a One Piece ringtone. :p

MFauli
Thu, 11-26-2015, 07:55 PM
Finished "watching" this episode in 10 seconds. Again: "best" idea to have a movie spoil the whole plot for weeks to come :/

And yeah, no idea who Jaco is.

vejita613
Fri, 11-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Jaco is from "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman" manga that Toriyama did a couple of years ago. It features Bulmas sister. Pretty interesting read imo.

MFauli
Fri, 11-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Jaco is from "Jaco the Galactic Patrolman" manga that Toriyama did a couple of years ago. It features Bulmas sister. Pretty interesting read imo.

WAT

Bulma has a ... sister?!

vejita613
Sat, 11-28-2015, 06:36 AM
Yes, she was introduced in the aforementioned manga. I believe she was mentioned in RoF, but I can't remember off hand.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 11-30-2015, 04:24 PM
After watching episode 21 I'm pleasantly surprised that it deviates from the movie quite a lot. The bottom line of the trashmobs are the same, but the 'strong guy' is totally different.

Complaints/problems:
- The only reason I can see Gohan getting holed by that attack was if he has the same kind of arrogant relaxedness as Goku in the movie.

- Unless Tagoma is stronger than (at least Fat) Buu at the moment, him posing any kind of threat to Gohan would be insane. I'm aware that he didn't train for a while AGAIN, but still, to lose thát much power in a relatively short time (2 years at most, I'd say) would be surprising. From being more powerful than Super Buu to being weaker than Freeza on Namek would be just stupid. (Sorbet mentioned that Tagoma was stronger than Ginyu, and not stronger that Freeza on Namek)

Good points:
- Goten and Trunks; at least they weren't as stupid as in the movie by not feeling this insane amount of strange ki (and that gives me the impression that Tagoma is stronger than Buu), and go to investigate.

- Krilling being scared; It's just in him to be scared in the first place, and after his retirement basically after the Cell Arc I see this as more natural for him. Nice to see that his instincts are still sharp.

- Gohan mentioning his Ultimate power in the intro. At least that's still a thing. Now let's only hope that his SSJ form is above that power, showing that he didn't completely slack off, although I doubt it.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Last I remember, Gohan's SSJ form is completely useless to him now.

One of the powerups he received from the Old Kai in the Buu arc was that he could use 100% of his power without ever having to transform.

The only reason he had to turn SSJ again was to perform the SSJ God ritual.

MFauli
Mon, 11-30-2015, 07:25 PM
I dont like that Muten-Roshi is able to defeat those soldiers ... just how fucking weak are they? And if theyīre this weak, Gohan and Piccolo should defeat all of them within seconds.

And then this Tagoma guy ... stronger than Ginyu force, so what? Both Gohan and Piccolo are at a level where they can both defeat Perfect Cell, and that guy was way stronger. And at least Piccolo didnīt slack off.

The Krillin scene was nice, but negatively impacted by Muten-Roshi fighting ... when Muten-Roshi can fight those guys, then why would Krillin ever think he cant.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-30-2015, 09:49 PM
Yeah, isn't Roshi's power level, like, 100something?

Harima Kenji
Tue, 12-01-2015, 05:38 PM
He probably got attacked by henchmen that are normally on desk duty.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Having the guy that was casually executed in the movie be the badass minion instead in the anime is a twist. And having him being Freiza's sparring partner is a really good explanation for him to have a huge powerup.

I just wish they'd done it with both of the named minions, so we could have had at least TWO decent fights before Freiza.

Harima Kenji
Thu, 12-03-2015, 03:52 PM
Last I remember, Gohan's SSJ form is completely useless to him now.

One of the powerups he received from the Old Kai in the Buu arc was that he could use 100% of his power without ever having to transform.

The only reason he had to turn SSJ again was to perform the SSJ God ritual.

From what I can tell from the episode where Old Kai explains his power, is that he can draw out somebody's hidden power and push it way past it's limits. Unless it's further explained somewhere else, I think it takes Gohan's hidden power and enhances it. I don't think it means that his power will be boosted to his absolute maximum. More like his enrage mode and boost the shit out of it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-04-2015, 06:10 AM
Not sure. Here's the wiki article (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Potential_Unleashed) on it.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-08-2015, 04:34 AM
22 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=763882)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I was wondering if Ginyu being around was ever actually going to pay off, or if it was just going to be a running joke.

Guess we'll see if this series takes a sharp turn from the movie and Piccolo actually dies here.

MFauli
Tue, 12-08-2015, 08:53 AM
This is sooooooooooooooo frustrating to watch!

Even if Gohan didnt train all this time ... you cannot go from fighting on par with Boo, beating Cell, and then being weaker than friggin Ginyu. Ughhhhh.
And even if we accept that Gohan is the worst person in the universe, thereīs still Piccolo, who definitely wouldnīt lose all his power. And Piccolo was capable of at least fighting with Imperfect Cell.

God, the power levels are so fucked up here.

I hope that at least Piccolo dies here, because this anime needs some real drama ... and even then, Dragonballs. :/

vejita613
Tue, 12-08-2015, 10:52 AM
"Power levels are bullshit" - Vegeta, TFS.

Honestly, I'm rather enjoying this retelling. Tagoma staying alive as proved to be interesting. Too bad Ginyu ruined that.

My only other complaint would be the fact that Goku and Vegeta aren't already SSB yet. Furthermore, now they're going to be in the next episode which means they probably wont have had much time to train with that form. It kind of ruins the moment from the movie when Freeza gets told he should've trained more in his new form before rushing to Earth. I guess being in a dimension like the room of spirit and time will help, but I was hoping we would actually see them transforming for the first time.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 12-09-2015, 06:49 AM
I still don't see why Gohan would keep using SSJ while his other form is stronger.

UChessmaster
Wed, 12-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Because he`s too weak to use his other form?

Harima Kenji
Sat, 12-12-2015, 08:08 AM
Gohan mentioned in this episode that he can't tap into his Ultimate power because of his lack of training. Oddly enough, he can't even do SSJ2 anymore, apparently.. even though chronologically there is a way bigger gap between the Cell and Buu arc than this one.. this should be roughly be a year since Beerus arrived.. and that itself was at most a few months after Buu's defeat.

I wouldn't say that Gohan is weaker then Ginyu, since Ginyu's power is to steal bodies, 'powerlevel' and all. The only thing is that right after the body change he needs to get used to the body and has trouble tapping into it's full potential. This happened when he took over Goku's body on Namek as well. Tagoma could be as strong as Cell or even Buu was for as far as we know. That explains Piccolo getting owned, since it hasn't been that long since Buu arrived, and in that fight he basically opted out of fighting, because he just wasn't up to the task.
Theoretically SSJ3 Gotenks could put up more of a fight than Gohan at te moment.

MFauli
Sat, 12-12-2015, 06:30 PM
So whatīs the excuse for Gotenks not turning to SSJ3?

vejita613
Sat, 12-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Because the fusion would've ran out before he even got there. As a SSJ, he only had enough time to get there, head butt Tagoma and talk for like a minute and then he defused.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-13-2015, 02:43 AM
I wouldn't say that Gohan is weaker then Ginyu, since Ginyu's power is to steal bodies, 'powerlevel' and all. The only thing is that right after the body change he needs to get used to the body and has trouble tapping into it's full potential. This happened when he took over Goku's body on Namek as well. Tagoma could be as strong as Cell or even Buu was for as far as we know.This. Ginyu has all of Tagoma's power at his disposal. And in this version, Tagoma is incredibly powerful from training with Freiza.

UChessmaster
Sun, 12-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Well, I feel as if the animation in the last four episodes or so has been MUCH MUCH better, they`ve lengthen the duration of the arcs in interesting ways and I even dare saying that I`m looking forward to each new episode. Hopefully it stays this way.

Janice
Mon, 12-14-2015, 08:04 PM
I'm also actually enjoying it now. The Battle of the Gods arc was horrendous, but RoF is making up for it. It's pretty ridiculous how useless Gohan is being made out to be, but whatever, I'll try not to think about it.

And unless somebody else gets another God-level power up, it looks like it's the Goku and Vegeta show from here on out as the enemies will only get stronger. Also still no indication of how they attained the SSB state. It makes sense for Goku since he was already SSG, but I was hoping for a better explanation for Vegeta after neither the RoF movie nor DBS manga gave any detail.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-15-2015, 04:09 AM
I'm really hoping this is a wakeup call for Gohan to stop being such a worthless chucklefuck in between story arcs from now on.

It makes sense for Goku since he was already SSG, but I was hoping for a better explanation for Vegeta after neither the RoF movie nor DBS manga gave any detail.Me too. Maybe we'll get a flashback or something.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 12-15-2015, 04:26 AM
Yeah Gohan was supposed to be the strongest non-fused character at the end of DBZ.
I am kinda hoping that Vegeta will be the stronger one this time around. It's always Goku saving the day. But he should be stronger than Goku since he has had a few months of 'training' in already before Goku showed up.

MFauli
Wed, 12-16-2015, 05:56 AM
You know, i recently re-watched some old Dragonball (not Z) episodes and it got me thinking: Is the human race simply not talented enough to be capable fighters? Itīs only aliens that get to fight at the current ridiculous level. The strongest humans would be Kuririn/Tenshinhan, but theyīre absolutely useless now, outside of maybe diversion tactics.

Itīs kinda ironic if thatīs the way, looking how elaborate all those battles pre-Z were, all those sophisticated martial artists. Yet, none of them could have defeated even the first from of Z-Freezer.

Makes me wish they focused on this and in the procedure get Kuririn on par to fight again :>

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 12-16-2015, 06:24 AM
Nah, Krillin has already reaped the rewards of fighting beings he can't beat. I mean he managed to bag himself Android 18.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-16-2015, 12:49 PM
But he should be stronger than Goku since he has had a few months of 'training' in already before Goku showed up.Yeah, but Vegeta had a lot of catching up to do. Goku was way ahead of him when Vegeta started training. Vegeta hadn't even reached SSJ3 yet, much less SSJG.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 12-16-2015, 05:51 PM
True but I think it has been stated that SSJ states aren't going to be used a lot by them in this series since the God transformations are way above that. When they fought against each other during the Buu Saga they were evenly matched in SSJ2. Goku was also forced to stop training so he could work while Vegeta kept training.

Anyway, we know from RoF that they both achieved the complete SSG form ( I'm just calling it that because it gets ridiculous otherwise).
But I just hope that Vegeta is stronger. It's about time he gets to be the hero for a bit.....until Goku flies past him again.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-23-2015, 11:30 PM
24 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=768631)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing how this fight manages to not look as good as the one from 20 years ago...

And still no explanations for SSJGSSJ...

Harima Kenji
Mon, 01-11-2016, 04:48 PM
After ep 26:

It looks like this arc will end next episode, maybe one after that as a proper cleanup. So, it's finally time for new material. This arc is different enough from the movie to be entertaining, and I even dare say it's better than the movie. I'm curious about what's next, although some slight manga spoilers have already reached me, thanks to a collegue.

One difference I noticed in the series is that Whis never mentioned or showed his reverse time ability. When Beerus' sneeze blows up the planet, Whis only mentions that this time he didn't need to fix it. Maybe his powers have been altered a bit after the commentary it received. Or the writers just didn't show it for the element of surprise..

by the way; it seems like the subbers for this series are dropping like flies..

MFauli
Tue, 01-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Um, where IS episode 26? nya only has up to 25, only some weird dutch sub 26 :/

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-12-2016, 07:18 AM
Um, where IS episode 26? nya only has up to 25, only some weird dutch sub 26 :/Was wondering the same thing. Episode aired like 2 weeks ago, and still no sub for it.

UChessmaster
Tue, 01-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Here it is (https://kat.cr/dragon-ball-super-episode-26-720p-x264-aac-eng-sub-pirate-shovon-t11883941.html)

The episode came out last Sunday, not two weeks ago, for the record :P

David75
Tue, 01-12-2016, 10:55 AM
Are those subs any good ?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-13-2016, 12:44 AM
They're leaning so much on the "Goku and Vegeta will never work together" that it's obvious that they will at some climactic moment.

I have to keep reminding myself that Gogeta has technically never been a thing at this point.

The episode came out last Sunday, not two weeks ago, for the record :PI was actually referring to episode 25, which is also not on Nyaa yet, and that aired in December.

MFauli
Wed, 01-13-2016, 08:55 AM
I have to keep reminding myself that Gogeta has technically never been a thing at this point.

but Vegeto has ...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 01-13-2016, 10:14 PM
but Vegeto has ...Pfft...like that even counts.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 01-15-2016, 05:24 AM
The dutchsaiyaman sub is in english, it's just the name of the translator. I believe he translated for KamiFS before.

UChessmaster
Mon, 01-18-2016, 06:31 AM
27 (https://kat.cr/dragon-ball-super-027-english-subbed-720p-lucifer22-t11919539.html)

Well, that wraps up resurrection F, next week we get the beginning of the new arc, which according to the previews is canon.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 01-18-2016, 06:40 AM
Most important and exciting thing about this episode: Gohan now has found his reason to fight. He'll go back to training with Piccolo. I hope eventually he'll figure out SSJG as well and be relevant again.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-18-2016, 07:46 AM
Man...Vegeta deserved to get that killshot.

MFauli
Mon, 01-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Man, they really need to find a way to make fights exciting again. This was all so anti-climatic:

- Piccolo was killed, Gohan went berserk. Was then revived off-screen, lol.
- earth is destroyed. In the very second afterwards Whis offers them to undo it. He does. The end. Ok.

And for fuckīs sake, how slow is Goku?! When he re-appeared in the past, Vegeta and Freezer were still talking. Goku needs, what, 0.000001 seconds to cover that distance? Instead he charges a kamehameha forever.

And this just doesnt make sense. Why would puny Freezer have enough energy to kill Gohan, Goten, Trunks and Boo with his earth destruction? Thatīs just bullshit. (and if you want to make it about space: Boo)

Seeing Gohan asking Piccolo for training was indeed the best part of all of this. Just makes you wonder: Will he be as half-hearted of a fighter as heīs always been? And lol, what can Piccolo teach him?!

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 01-21-2016, 10:37 AM
Piccolo can put him back into shape but that's it. After that he'd need to find someone else to actually go full force against but nobody like that around.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-22-2016, 02:55 AM
- Piccolo was killed, Gohan went berserk. Was then revived off-screen, lol.
- earth is destroyed. In the very second afterwards Whis offers them to undo it. He does. The end. Ok.Welcome to every Dragon Ball fight ever.

And for fuckīs sake, how slow is Goku?! When he re-appeared in the past, Vegeta and Freezer were still talking. Goku needs, what, 0.000001 seconds to cover that distance? Instead he charges a kamehameha forever.I know right? He actually took LONGER to kill Freeza after they rewound time than Vegeta was taking the first time around. Freeza should have easily been able to just destroy the planet again.

The least they could have done was have him teleport to Freeza and knock him into the air so that he had time to charge the Kamehameha.

Piccolo can put him back into shape but that's it. After that he'd need to find someone else to actually go full force against but nobody like that around.Other than, you know, the other two godly powerful Saiyans that are also always training.

MFauli
Fri, 01-22-2016, 04:20 AM
Welcome to every Dragon Ball fight ever.

Not true.
Dragon Ball made sure to always have it be somehow dramatic, like:

- when Yamcha died against Nappa, which was his second death. No more reviving
- the above raised tension in all of the upcoming battles on Namek
- even after finding out how the Namekian Dragon Balls werenīt limiting revivals, the Wise Namekian died and the Dragon Balls lost their power. It took Dende to got those to work again, but only after defeating Freezer
- when Cell threatened to kill everybody, well, his plan was complete annihilation of the human race. Nobody there to revive anybody
- same with Boo

In the case of Golden Freezer, so what if he blew up earth? Disregarding that he shouldnīt have been able to, we still had many of the heroes be alive. Goku, Kuririn, Gohan, Bulma and then some. Theyīd just have found a way to revive everybody again. And with how easy it was to defeat Golden Freezer, there never was a feeling of "omg, this is so dramatic, theyīre all actually in danger!!1".

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-22-2016, 01:47 PM
- when Yamcha died against Nappa, which was his second death. No more revivingBut then they revived him.

- the above raised tension in all of the upcoming battles on NamekAnd they killed everyone on the planet then blew it up.

And then they brought everyone back.

- even after finding out how the Namekian Dragon Balls werenīt limiting revivals, the Wise Namekian died and the Dragon Balls lost their power. It took Dende to got those to work again, but only after defeating FreezerOh! So they had to wait until the end of the arc to bring everyone back.

Just like here.

- when Cell threatened to kill everybody, well, his plan was complete annihilation of the human race. Nobody there to revive anybody

- same with BooJust like EVERY SINGLE ARC!

The whole point is, THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES IN DRAGON BALL! Anyone that seriously watches a new arc after all this time and is still going "Oh no! This time they really WON'T be able to save everyone!" is a complete dipshit.

Disregarding that he shouldnīt have been able toWhy shouldn't Freeza have been able to destroy the planet? He blew up Namek, and now he's far more powerful.

MFauli
Fri, 01-22-2016, 02:34 PM
But then they revived him..

The point is they didnīt know theyīd be able to at this point. Come on, donīt be intentionally dense :/

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-22-2016, 03:06 PM
The point is they didnīt know theyīd be able to at this point. Come on, donīt be intentionally dense :/Yes, but you aren't AT that point anymore are you?

Anyone who's still expecting tension by the time they get to the Boo arc is stupid. If you're still hoping tension even NOW, then I don't know what to tell you man.

MFauli
Fri, 01-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Yes, I felt tension during the Boo-saga, because Boo was a serious threat at that point. Freezer, no matter how hard he trains, is not. Beerus was, although it wasnīt presented dramatic enough.

Presentation is what makes this anime lose tension atm. When random space guys keep coming and earth can be destroyed this easily, everything loses "weight"/importance. Things need to become dangerous/threatening again. Like when Kuririn was first killed by old Piccolo. That scene when young Goku returns to the tournament, only to find his friend dead on the ground, was such a shock. We even knew about the Dragon Ballīs abilities at that point, but we also knew that old Piccolo was seemingly way too powerful for Goku to defeat him. Thatīs what created tension, what made it all exciting.

Fighting golden Freezer was never exciting, because why would we expect the Saiyajin God to lose against an upgraded version of puny little Freezer, who back then couldnt even defeat SSJ1?

I hope the upcomin arc somehow solves that problem and raises the stakes for everybody involved, without convenient Dragon Ball-use or time travel.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-22-2016, 04:17 PM
Yes, I felt tension during the Boo-saga, because Boo was a serious threat at that point.If you thought that, you are dumb.

The only way a villain can ever be a thread in DB at this point is if they seriously kill everyone, and that is NEVER going to happen.

The bad guy is always going to lose, and after they do, everyone they killed will be brought back. Thinking otherwise is retarded.

MFauli
Fri, 01-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Lol, now youre being obtuse for the sake of being so. Yes, the heroes will always win in shounen series. But it matters how they win. And in Dragon Ball Super, there is no tension at all about that.

The only way a villain can ever be a thread in DB at this point is if they seriously kill everyone, and that is NEVER going to happen.

Thatīs literally what Boo did, after the fat Boo separated from the thin one.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-23-2016, 05:23 AM
Yes, the heroes will always win in shounen series.Yes, but a lot of other shounen series still have stakes and consequences.

Dragon Ball doesn't, and hasn't for ages. And expecting it to now is just ridiculous.

And in Dragon Ball Super, there is no tension at all about that.And I'm saying, there was no tension in the latter half of Dragon Ball Z either.

Thatīs literally what Boo did, after the fat Boo separated from the thin one.Then why is everyone alive at the end?

Or right, because he DIDN'T kill everyone. And the ones he didn't kill, ended up beating him, then wishing everyone back to life.

MFauli
Sat, 01-23-2016, 06:54 AM
And I'm saying, there was no tension in the latter half of Dragon Ball Z either.

Iīm sorry to say that it isnt up to you to tell me how I felt about it back then :D

Then why is everyone alive at the end?

Or right, because he DIDN'T kill everyone. And the ones he didn't kill, ended up beating him, then wishing everyone back to life.

The difference being: Back then Goku and everybody else were the underdogs. They were significantly outpowered by Boo, without any instant option to become stronger (only options that might put them equal, but even then they didnīt know how to deal with Booīs regeneration). ALSO, back then it felt as if the earthīs Dragonballs were the only way to fix things. With all the god-stuff now it feels like you just have to find the right person and everything is fine again.

I will, however, point out that one big part of the fault of a lack of tension lies on Gokuīs attitude. That goofball just doesnīt take ANYTHING seriously anymore. With either his fight against Beerus or Freezer, he only cared about the ongoing fight. Itīs like saving the world is a distant after-thought to him. Thatīs whatīs wrong. And very ironic: The heroes themselves have realized, just how we have, that it doesnīt really matter if somebody dies or not. Thereīs options for reviving, and even if not, thereīs a nice, cozy afterworld.

This needs a fix. And tbh there IS one: When Vegeta returned to earth as part of his "one day" clause when he was dead, it was explained that somebody who dies during being dead, ceases to exist completely. Thatīs a truly terrifying thing! Make use of THAT. Somehow put everybody into a state where dying means being "gone" for real.
Of course, I wouldnīt be against them finding a way to ressurect even those victims, but it could be tied to another dramatic adventure.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-23-2016, 10:17 AM
I will, however, point out that one big part of the fault of a lack of tension lies on Gokuīs attitude. That goofball just doesnīt take ANYTHING seriously anymore. With either his fight against Beerus or Freezer, he only cared about the ongoing fight. Itīs like saving the world is a distant after-thought to him.I'll agree with this. But I'm curious if it's not just the voice that's doing it for me.

I watched all of DBZ dubbed, and I'm watching this subbed, and I can't tell if maybe it's just Goku's goofy Japanese voice that makes it SEEM like he doesn't care, or if he really doesn't care.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 01-23-2016, 10:41 AM
He really doesn't care is the consensus of the fans, I think. At least that's how the people in conventions think.

MFauli
Sat, 01-23-2016, 11:10 AM
And thatīs the biggest problem. The biggest danger, so it seems, is a lost fight of Gokuīs. Thatīs it. Itīs not what would follow such loss most of the times (complete annihilation of the human race).

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-26-2016, 10:22 AM
28 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=778225)

------------------------------------------------------

Jesus Christ, even MORE weight training. Get a new gimmick Toriyama.

That said, FIGHTING TOURNAMENT!

Also, super dragon balls.

MFauli
Tue, 01-26-2016, 12:50 PM
W T F?!?!

I just had another aneurism from watching this episode!
Let me get thits straight: There was NO innate danger for earth ... UNTIL Goku happily shouted "Hey, lets do this, Beerus, I wanna fight!" Now, earth is at risk of being transfered to another universe, where things might not be as peaceful as in the 7th one.

Although thereīs also the nonsense that ... well, intergalactic wars havenīt been a thing so far, so unless the 6th universe is entirely different ... why even care about losing? What difference does it make if earth is in the 7th or 6th universe?

And the third mind-baffeling stupidty: If Champa has those super dragonballs that can transfer earth (which, tbh, should be a wish possible with the normal dragon balls), why even ask Beerus for this tournament, instead of just wishing for it without consent?

God, this is all so stupid.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 01-26-2016, 04:00 PM
There are plenty of limitations to the normal dragon balls. But from what I gather things in U6 are opposite. So transporting the earth there should make it safer I mean...how many times has it gotten close to destruction? U6 might just be better for Earth.

But yeah....Goku is an idiot.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-29-2016, 10:58 AM
I dunno man. If U6 supposedly has different versions of people in U7, it's entirely possible that U6 has a Goku that never got sent to Earth and became a good guy. And in turn, never turned Vegeta into a good guy.

An evil Goku and Vegeta? That'd be a worthwhile enemy.

What if Vegeta is the tall one over there?!

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-29-2016, 11:00 AM
Edit: Double post

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 01-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Maybe U6 Goku is even a brilliant scientist, just like his father. That being said....I wonder if they have a Freeza and if he is a good guy? That'd be something.

MFauli
Fri, 01-29-2016, 02:26 PM
well, I hope universe 6 has more to offer than stereotypical "evil" versions of our heroes. If thatīs the case, all weīd have to look forward to would be boring fights against evil Goku and evil Vegeta, because thereīs no reason to assume that thereīs anybody else on their level. Also, if Goku never left earth, then there shouldnīt even be a super saiyajin. That only came to be thanks to the whole plot. Bardock, Gokuīs dad, fought Freezer and even then didnīt turn super saiyain, no reason to believe that a Goku without his earthling friends would have made it further.

David75
Fri, 01-29-2016, 02:51 PM
And the third mind-baffeling stupidty: If Champa has those super dragonballs that can transfer earth (which, tbh, should be a wish possible with the normal dragon balls), why even ask Beerus for this tournament, instead of just wishing for it without consent?

God, this is all so stupid.

Make it easier: wish for U6's earth to come back to life with even better dishes and food variety than U7's.
But even that wish remains large to use superdragonballs advantage.
If you love food, just wish to jave the best for the rest of your long life.

Now, did Champa know he would bet something with his SDBs on the line ? Did he know U7 had something worth his SDBs ?

DarthEnderX
Sat, 01-30-2016, 01:14 AM
well, I hope universe 6 has more to offer than stereotypical "evil" versions of our heroes.Well, in the case of those characters, it's not even a case of "mirror universe" where the characters are just the exact opposite of their normal version.

It's more a case of "alternate history". What if Goku hadn't lost his memories when he crashed? He'd have grown up like every other Saiyan. And without Goku constantly kicking his ass, Vegeta never would have heel/face turned.

Of course, given that, so far, none of the U6 versions even have the same names, maybe U6's Goku is just Broly(who is not actually canon).

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 01-31-2016, 03:13 AM
I seriously hope they do have a Broly. Favorite non-canon character for me.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-31-2016, 11:50 AM
You know what else? I wish SSJGSSJ didn't give Goku blue hair. I wish it stayed red and just got spikier and glowed brighter.

Because I think it would have been awesome if God Goku's hair was always red and God Vegeta's was always blue. As a reference to their Red Oni/Blue Oni (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedOniBlueOni) dynamic.

And then, when they fused, they could have had awesome purple hair.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 01-31-2016, 12:36 PM
I just wish they changed the name of SSJGSSJ.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 01-31-2016, 08:28 PM
It should be Saiyan God and Super Saiyan God instead.

UChessmaster
Mon, 02-01-2016, 09:52 AM
It has a proper name, but I feel like they skipped naming it in the anime for whichever reason so I don't know if we're allowed to say it or not.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 02-01-2016, 11:26 AM
It should be SG and SSJG. A lot shorter and effective.

MFauli
Mon, 02-01-2016, 12:48 PM
Just call it "God Mode" and be done.

Damn, those super dragon balls look ridiculous. planet-sized dragon balls, lol. Are we supposed to believe they are of natural origin? Because then the numbered stars inside them would be ridiculous. But who has the power to create those? Hm.

Do we know for how many episodes DBS will keep going? Iīd love to see them reach the 13th universe after that tournament.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 02-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Well, episode 29 answered all the 'why didn't Champa wish for..' questions. That, and the earth is in imminent danger now if they lose.
I'm pretty sure btw that Beerus is playing with Bulma and basically sending her on the Super Dragon Balls hunt in universe 7 for some reason.

Next up: who will they choose to fight in the tournament?
Piccolo seems a no brainer from the preview and a sound choice, but I doubt Gohan would be very useful atm. Gotenks would seem like a good replacement, but that would be practically cheating since it's a fusion. Buu is too stupid to play by the rules, so he's out.. and below that... Android 18 seems to be the strongest... or Tien. It would be absolutely hilarious if they took Mr. Satan for shits 'n giggles :D

MFauli
Mon, 02-01-2016, 04:28 PM
What?!
Gohan is absolutely in, anything else would be dumb. As is Boo. Piccolo is about Tenshinhan-tier compared to the level that Goku and Vegeta are fighting at. If anything, they should just let Boo absorb Piccolo and thus get a stronger, more reasonable Boo.

UChessmaster
Mon, 02-01-2016, 09:18 PM
What?!
Gohan is absolutely in, anything else would be dumb. As is Boo. Piccolo is about Tenshinhan-tier compared to the level that Goku and Vegeta are fighting at. If anything, they should just let Boo absorb Piccolo and thus get a stronger, more reasonable Boo.

Jesus fuck I actually agree with you!

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-02-2016, 12:48 AM
Gohan and Piccolo are the obvious choices.

We really don't know how much time has passed since the end of the Golden Freeza arc, and they've been training together that whole time, so who knows how strong they are at the moment.

I can't see Goten and Trunks being the choices, cause they aren't that strong unless they fuse.

ForteCross
Wed, 02-03-2016, 04:04 PM
What?!
wow actually anything boo + eaten character would be awesome!

trying to get as much character posibles would be gohan sage mode and boo picolo (sounds awesome) or boo + gotenks to make their transformation longer... boo super sayain lvl 3 would be hilarious af

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-08-2016, 12:46 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bleh. Episode was half clip show. Annoying.

Least they showed us the teammates. I don't really like Boo, so annoyed he was picked. But at least Piccolo makes up for it. I just don't know how Piccolo is gonna hang with the rest.

MFauli
Mon, 02-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Iīm honestly surprised that they got Boo in. I mean, it makes sense and was necessary, but still ...

HOWEVER, taking Piccolo is just dumb. Howīs he gonna keep up with gods?

And FUCKING Gohan! What was the point of having him train, when he chickens out in the worst way here? Omg.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-08-2016, 06:03 PM
I'm still curious if Boo is going to be able to pass the written test.

Hell, I'm even a little worried about Goku...

MFauli
Mon, 02-08-2016, 06:10 PM
No way Boo is stupider than Goku

UChessmaster
Mon, 02-22-2016, 09:56 AM
So the anime is exactly one episode behind the manga...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Dammit! Why didn't Vegeta keep that sweet beard!

Monaka looks comically weak. Which is very Dragonball. The other team is pretty cool looking.

I was expecting Boo to fail, but I thought they'd at least be allowed to replace him. Didn't expect them to have to 4-man it.

MFauli
Mon, 02-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Oh god, that young Saiyajin could be Gohan, if Gohan didnīt slack off :/

Really curious how these fights are gonna turn out, since I cannot imagine how theyīll be that interesting with random energy blasts flying off all over the place.

Losing Boo this way really sucks, though. Thereīs a limit to comedy :/

Dammit! Why didn't Vegeta keep that sweet beard!

Still rebelling against his father?

UChessmaster
Tue, 02-23-2016, 07:11 PM
I kinda wonder if we`ll get a new intro or they`re just gonna keep on changing the original one over and over.

MFauli
Tue, 02-23-2016, 08:42 PM
What I just thought about ... lol, what are the chances that this number 1-fighter of our universe is gonna be censored/changed when the anime and consecutive videogames ever reach the USA? THE NIPPLES!!!

DarthEnderX
Wed, 02-24-2016, 02:52 AM
I dunno. He's a dude. Dude nipples aren't really a thing that we censor.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-29-2016, 11:43 AM
33 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=789523)

-------------------------------------------------------

Aw, Goku's such a softy. Letting him win for the childrenses.

The structure of this tournament is weird though. It seems like if you win, you just keep fighting though the other team's stable. Instead of having, like, rounds.

MFauli
Mon, 02-29-2016, 01:48 PM
So, what was that?

Well, disregarding bullshit like what happened here, universe 6īs fighters are pittiful. That young saiyajin doesnīt know about super saiyajins, so he shouldnīt be a serious opponent, either. THe robot is a robot, probably not much. The only tough looking guy is the Cooler-like guy. I wonder if thereīs a bigger twist incoming about this tournament, of if those really are all the opponents. And if so ... Goku already out of the picture?!

The structure of this tournament is weird though. It seems like if you win, you just keep fighting though the other team's stable. Instead of having, like, rounds.

Well, how would it work with the usual rounds, though? Then youīd have people from the same universe fight each other.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-29-2016, 01:52 PM
THe robot is a robot, probably not much.Oh yeah, cause robots are never a threat in DB...

If it weren't for the fact that their Earth already blew up, I'd half expect the robot to have been built by U6's Dr. Gero.

Well, how would it work with the usual rounds, though? Then youīd have people from the same universe fight each other.Ah, good point. I just think it's weird that the winner has to keep fighting and, like you said, Goku is already out?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-07-2016, 11:42 PM
34 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=791631)

----------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I'll admit it, you tricked me Toriyama. I thought for sure Goku threw the match so that Frost would get his humanitarian aid.

Nope, he was a badguy all along! Well done. If Vegeta doesn't kill him here, I look forward to seeing him as a villain in a future arc.

MFauli
Mon, 03-07-2016, 11:56 PM
I mean, the whole "no weapons" thing is kinda bullshit - youīd have to exclude the robot guy per se, because his body definitely has been modified due to his existential nature lol.

And Piccolo just gave his worst fight ever. Seriously, you can only do this dumb focus move?! Since he was able to block all of Freezerīs close-combat attacks with only one hand, surely Piccolo would have had other means to incorporate in this battle.

Oh well, looking forward to Vegeta. This tournament seems to be a set up to let him shine for once. He should easily win against Freezer. Also win against the robot, because there HAS to be a confrontation between Vegeta and the 6th universe saiyajin boy. Donīt see how Vegeta could lose to a saiyajin who doesnīt know about super saiyajin transformations, which means Vegeta will probably lose to Cooler, who then is finished of by nipple-guy.

David75
Tue, 03-08-2016, 12:30 AM
No episode next week.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 03-08-2016, 02:08 AM
That Saiyajin kid might have been up and healed over and over and over in order to get OP. I mean now they fight and train all the time to get stronger but did they forget Saiyajins could do that or something? Get beaten an inch of your life...heal...rinse and repeat.

That or the kid is the Saiyajin God from their universe.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-08-2016, 11:00 AM
And Piccolo just gave his worst fight ever. Seriously, you can only do this dumb focus move?! Since he was able to block all of Freezerīs close-combat attacks with only one hand, surely Piccolo would have had other means to incorporate in this battle.I can't believe the move itself has all the same drawbacks it had like 2 decades and five arcs ago.

All this time and he hasn't improved the charge time or anything?

Oh well, at least he can move around and defend himself while charging it. So it's one-up on the Spirit Bomb in that instance.

Oh well, looking forward to Vegeta. This tournament seems to be a set up to let him shine for once. He should easily win against Freezer. Also win against the robot, because there HAS to be a confrontation between Vegeta and the 6th universe saiyajin boy. Donīt see how Vegeta could lose to a saiyajin who doesnīt know about super saiyajin transformations, which means Vegeta will probably lose to Cooler, who then is finished of by nipple-guy.Same. I'm really hoping Vegeta beats the next 3 opponents himself.

MFauli
Mon, 03-21-2016, 02:10 PM
episode 35 is out
--------------------

ugh, why do all these fights looks so unimpressive? Makes Goku and Vegeta look like a total downgrade from earlier fights.

And fucking lol, Vegeta now in trouble because of some little heat? Gimme a break. I swear, if Vegeta loses without having even used his Saiyajin God-transformation, Iīll be angry.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-22-2016, 03:23 AM
ugh, why do all these fights looks so unimpressive? Makes Goku and Vegeta look like a total downgrade from earlier fights.Well, like you said, because it is. Neither one is using their real powers.

Kinda annoyed that Goku is getting let back in.

MFauli
Tue, 03-29-2016, 11:56 AM
new episode is out
----------------------

maaaan ... Final Flash degraded to merely pushing the opponent backwards a little. Come on, itīs the coolest attack in the entirety of Dragon Ball.

And I still hate how they refuse to go all out from the beginning. Not that it makes sense for this robot to withstand this much. What the hell is his body made of?! Somebody build an army of these guys and you can take over the universe with ease.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 03-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Meh, so far the only interesting/good thing that happened in Super is the existence of different universes.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Not that it makes sense for this robot to withstand this much. What the hell is his body made of?! Somebody build an army of these guys and you can take over the universe with ease.They made it clear that they aren't robots.

They're just a race of metal people.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-04-2016, 12:24 AM
37 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=799869)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, an actual awesome episode.

Hit has a really cool design.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 04-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Looking forward to seeing Hit fight. Guessing he is pretty much the God level of his people.

MFauli
Mon, 04-04-2016, 08:50 AM
I had to laugh at the end. Vegeta basically infused the good saiyajin with the worst part of "our" saiyajinīs property: Pride. Fast forward 100 years, the 6th universe is fully of blood-thirsty evil saiyajin :D

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 04-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Also I am sorta glad Vegeta is calling it Super Saiyajin Blue instead of Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-04-2016, 11:51 PM
Also I am sorta glad Vegeta is calling it Super Saiyajin Blue instead of Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin.Holy shit, me too.

I mean, it's a lame name, but at least it's easy.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 04-05-2016, 04:49 AM
Just wait until they reach the next level Super Saiyajin Blue 2! Or Super Saiyajin Green! Super Saiyajin Blue Slightly Pink!

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-05-2016, 05:47 AM
I'm just thrilled that Super Saiyan Red was a form that became obsolete after a single fight...

ForteCross
Mon, 04-11-2016, 06:20 AM
is vegeta even capable of going super saiyan red or does he just skipped it like he skipped super saiyan 3?

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 04-11-2016, 06:27 AM
He never skipped SSJ3. The Blue and Red forms are a different branch of transformations. But yeah SSJ Red is achieved with the help of 5 other pure hearted Saiyan. Vegeta never did that.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-11-2016, 04:49 PM
38 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=802128)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Hit is amazing. He's basically "What if Guldo wasn't a shitty fighter."

That said, the king of universe 6 just happening to have all the info on a fighter from another universes special ability was pretty lazy writing.

"Maybe he's doing this thing. And also here's all the details of exactly how that thing works. Oh look, that's exactly what he was doing and how it worked."

Monaka being nobody was funny. So basically, Universe 7 had a 3 person team.

He never skipped SSJ3. The Blue and Red forms are a different branch of transformations. But yeah SSJ Red is achieved with the help of 5 other pure hearted Saiyan. Vegeta never did that.I don't think it's fair to draw that conclusion when we have no idea how they obtained Super Saiyan Blue in the first place.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 04-12-2016, 08:26 AM
When they trained together in that place Whis transported them. Back then you saw a brief flash of that blue ki when they fought there and both of them realized it.

MFauli
Tue, 04-12-2016, 08:46 AM
Whatīs so disappointing about this tournament is how casual everybody is about its rules. They keep changing them with every fight. Makes it less exciting.

And do transformations not increase speed?! Makes no sense otherwise for Goku not using it to figure out Hitīs weakness. If heīs fast enough without transforming to scratch Hit, then winning as a SSBlue should be a piece of cake.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-12-2016, 09:23 AM
And do transformations not increase speed?! Makes no sense otherwise for Goku not using it to figure out Hitīs weakness. If heīs fast enough without transforming to scratch Hit, then winning as a SSBlue should be a piece of cake.Speed has nothing to do with it.

He's blocking Hit's attacks because Hit is being predictable and Goku is able to guess where he will be.

MFauli
Tue, 04-12-2016, 09:40 AM
Speed has nothing to do with it.

He's blocking Hit's attacks because Hit is being predictable and Goku is able to guess where he will be.

And he needs the speed to react to that nonetheless. If heīs too slow, Hit wouldnīt even have to react.

UChessmaster
Tue, 04-12-2016, 10:46 AM
I feel like that would depend on how serious Hit is, him having his hands on his pocket makes me believe that the answer is "not very".

ForteCross
Tue, 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM
And he needs the speed to react to that nonetheless. If heīs too slow, Hit wouldnīt even have to react.

welp, goku himself said why he is not in his god form yet, each iteration of transformation cost stamina to maintain... by now i am pretty sure they can stay in super saiyan form forever, but going beyond that doesnt give them any advantage if they dont know how to even touch hit.
goku just barely managed to scratch hit so for now he is just learning hit's movement to know how to block and counter, right now i am pretty impressed by goku's willingness to study his opponent rather than just going all bat shit crazy with his transformations

MFauli
Tue, 04-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Iīm too low energy due to a long-needed dietary change right now, so I donīt feel motivated to argue. So just that: That makes no sense. Imagine Kuririn fighting Freezer in DBZ. Imagine, Kuririn had a transformation. But he doesnīt use it and instead tries to figure out Freezer in his base form. Would it be believable for you that base Kuririn as we knew him at that time would be able to do ANYTHING in the face of Freezer?

David75
Tue, 04-12-2016, 02:07 PM
My understanding is that Hit is not that quick and strong yet, at least compared to base Goku and Vegeta.
And Goku does not like to go all out from the get go, even if the stamina argument was also valid.
He proved he was right.
Now they can properly escalate the powers and have 30 eps on that fight :D

ForteCross
Tue, 04-12-2016, 02:08 PM
Iīm too low energy due to a long-needed dietary change right now, so I donīt feel motivated to argue. So just that: That makes no sense. Imagine Kuririn fighting Freezer in DBZ. Imagine, Kuririn had a transformation. But he doesnīt use it and instead tries to figure out Freezer in his base form. Would it be believable for you that base Kuririn as we knew him at that time would be able to do ANYTHING in the face of Freezer?but this is not base krillin, its goku, he can receive a beat up... and freezer was going for blood, he was trying to kill everyone. this fight against hit is in a tournament, with specific rules that would prevent anyone from dying, so yeah if krillin could take a beat, and if he was sure he wasnt going to die i could see him trying to figure out a way to beat freezer, last time i checked he actually cutted freezer tail?

MFauli
Sun, 04-17-2016, 05:59 AM
episode 39 is out
------------------

lol, this makes no sense :D Time either is stopped or not. Doesnīt matter how much you become, Goku :P

It was cool to see Kaioken again. Just feels bad that Vegeta once again has been played a fool.

My biggest criticism from the very beginning of Super remains, though: These situation just arenīt serious enough. This was made specially obvious when we saw the nice flashback to where Goku fought Vegeta. That was AWESOME, because Goku was surpassing his own limits to save the world from an evil villain who intended to kill or enslave everybody. The stakes were at maximum level! Here we see a new kind of "transformation" in the middle of a tournement fight, where rules a made up as they go.
Therefore, my hope for a truly evil villain remains.

Also, whatīs up with Hit? Assuming any species can achieve a god-like status, wtf. Hit would be more powerful than anybody else! Fighting on par with a SSJ God? Wow.

UChessmaster
Sun, 04-17-2016, 11:05 AM
episode 39 is out
------------------

lol, this makes no sense :D Time either is stopped or not. Doesnīt matter how much you become, Goku :P

It was cool to see Kaioken again. Just feels bad that Vegeta once again has been played a fool.

My biggest criticism from the very beginning of Super remains, though: These situation just arenīt serious enough. This was made specially obvious when we saw the nice flashback to where Goku fought Vegeta. That was AWESOME, because Goku was surpassing his own limits to save the world from an evil villain who intended to kill or enslave everybody. The stakes were at maximum level! Here we see a new kind of "transformation" in the middle of a tournement fight, where rules a made up as they go.
Therefore, my hope for a truly evil villain remains.

Also, whatīs up with Hit? Assuming any species can achieve a god-like status, wtf. Hit would be more powerful than anybody else! Fighting on par with a SSJ God? Wow.

What do you mean not serious? everything about this episode felt serious. Besides, what`s the worst that can happen? they become property from one god to another, for all we know champa might treat them better, remember when Beerus was threatening on destroying Earth?

MFauli
Sun, 04-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Thatīs what I said. Thereīs no danger.

This fight was not serious, because neither of them fought to kill. No matter who wins, the outcome has no immediate dangerous effect. Thatīs why Super feels "cheap" compared to DBZ.

Janice
Sun, 04-17-2016, 01:49 PM
No matter what happens in this tournament, you know nobody is going to die. Not that death is all that serious in the Dragonball world anyway.

I read the Dragonball Multiverse fan manga lately. Super feels like a cheap rip off.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-17-2016, 02:06 PM
LOL. So a fan work is better than canon?

UChessmaster
Sun, 04-17-2016, 04:41 PM
Thatīs what I said. Thereīs no danger.

This fight was not serious, because neither of them fought to kill. No matter who wins, the outcome has no immediate dangerous effect. Thatīs why Super feels "cheap" compared to DBZ.

I feel like the whole thing is a set up to expand the dragon ball universe, for the record, the beerus and golden frieza arc were serious and apocalypse threatening, even dbz had its non threatening moments.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 04-17-2016, 05:06 PM
DBM is pretty nice actually. Has more story than Super has so far. But yeah I know what you mean with it feeling cheap. DBZ ended with them beating the worst evil out there. Kid Buu. Something that was responsible for destroying entire solar systems if I recall correctly.
Beerus turned out to be too much of a nice guy essentially. Maybe eventually they will fight the other gods from different universes. Those that can actually destroy an entire universe.

Janice
Sun, 04-17-2016, 08:25 PM
LOL. So a fan work is better than canon?

Yup. It's a tournament with fighters (variations on the originals, mainly) from different universes... I wonder where Toriyama got the idea? Haha. He completely stole it and made it worse. DBM is full of interesting characters with tons of back story, everything Super is lacking. I recommend reading it.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 04-17-2016, 10:24 PM
I just hope at some point, Freiza's destruction of Planet Vegeta will be undone and we will have a planet of Saiyan warriors again to carry on the fighting tradition in the style of Goku. :p

IF this ever happens. There better be a million female saiyan sexy warriors who fight nude. :p

DarthEnderX
Mon, 04-18-2016, 02:12 AM
Huh...I really thought Super Saiyan just completely overwrote Kaioken. It makes no sense that Goku wouldn't have used it before now if that wasn't the case. I mean, yeah, they said it damages his body. But he's been in quite a few situations where Earth or the entire galaxy have been at stake should he lose. And he's always just scraped by, when he apparently could have just Kaiokenned instead.

That said, the episode was still awesome and Hit is the goddamn coolest.

Yup. It's a tournament with fighters (variations on the originals, mainly) from different universes... I wonder where Toriyama got the idea?Himself decades ago?

This is functionally the same as the Other World Tournament. Escalating it to "universes" is a meaningless distinction, because they're all still just aliens.

He completely stole it and made it worse.That accusation ignores the fact that it was the obvious choice in the first place. When your main character is the strongest character in the universe, the next logical step is other universes.

It's like a fanfic creating a Super Saiyan 5, and then accusing him of stealing the idea later if he adds a Super Saiyan 5.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 04-18-2016, 11:34 AM
I actually think SSJ 5 done by Young Jijii is done pretty good. Style is spot on as well. But that's besides the point.
Goku used Kaio-ken before in SSJ state when he fought against Pikkon. But yeah it in't that good for his body. It's like a multiplier upon a multiplier.

Janice
Mon, 04-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Huh...I really thought Super Saiyan just completely overwrote Kaioken. It makes no sense that Goku wouldn't have used it before now if that wasn't the case. I mean, yeah, they said it damages his body. But he's been in quite a few situations where Earth or the entire galaxy have been at stake should he lose. And he's always just scraped by, when he apparently could have just Kaiokenned instead.

That said, the episode was still awesome and Hit is the goddamn coolest.

Himself decades ago?

This is functionally the same as the Other World Tournament. Escalating it to "universes" is a meaningless distinction, because they're all still just aliens.

That accusation ignores the fact that it was the obvious choice in the first place. When your main character is the strongest character in the universe, the next logical step is other universes.

It's like a fanfic creating a Super Saiyan 5, and then accusing him of stealing the idea later if he adds a Super Saiyan 5.

No, it's not the "obvious" direction of the story. If he had any creativity left in his body, there are literally an infinite number of other ways the story could progress. The first mention of another universe was in BoTG, and the Other World is not really the same thing here. Your argument is that he had this idea in his pocket for the past 20 years, and coincidentally a group of fans had the exact same idea, and then he decided to use his idea shortly after they released DBM because why not? Sure, it's possible, and has happened before (Calculus, electricity, etc...) but very unlikely in this scenario. It would be blatant plagiarism if not for copyright laws and what not.