PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, Shinta|hikari!

Kraco
Wed, 06-17-2015, 12:38 PM
We have been treated with funny (for outsiders) stories in your birthday threads, but I don't want to insinuate you absolutely have to come up with one, creating unnecessary stress. Still, you seem to be one for such happenstances. Whether you encounter yet another event or not, have a good one!

Animeniax
Wed, 06-17-2015, 04:23 PM
Happy birthday dude.

Alhuin
Wed, 06-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Happy birthday guy.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-18-2015, 04:02 AM
Happy Birthday Shinta!!

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-18-2015, 01:19 PM
Thanks guys! I don't have any interesting stories to tell this time.

Or so I thought.

Today, the day after my birthday (making me think I'm safe), I went to the driver licensing center to apply for a license. I drove there using my home country license, which might not even be valid if you are living within the state for a certain period already. I passed the test quite easily, which made it awkward when the person behind me in line started griping about how difficult it is after failing it for 2 weeks now despite showing up daily to take it. Another person in line disagreed with her, saying that it was just ok. I asked what question did the test terminate (because it automatically ends when you hit 80% correct), and she said, "What? I got to all 40 questions before I passed." This means that she barely passed, and one more error would have caused her to fail. I just gave her a polite smile and said, "Well, the numbers are hard." They really were, just not enough to warrant barely passing or failing.

I actually made 4 mistakes in the test, but that was mostly due to me having a high fever and resisting the urge to shit while taking the exam.

I went back to my car and drove back to work. While I was distracted about about apologizing in this thread for not having any interesting stories to share, I went over the speed limit and got pulled over. I'm not even sure if I was driving legally at this point, so I was nervous as hell.

The officer came over and asked me to get out and then put me in handcuffs. He said I was under arrest for driving without proper documents. I tried to argue my way out of it, but he wouldn't listen. I got thrown into the back of the police car.

Then I woke up. It was a dream. Which was kinda lame.

Until everything else happened almost exactly the same way except for me being caught speeding. And that was because I was extra careful after receiving a dream warning. The police car came up from behind me and chased someone else.

Uh, I... am still a skeptic.

David75
Thu, 06-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Happy birthday, although a little late. Have sweeter dreams ;)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-19-2015, 02:15 AM
I should get to know you in person so you can tell me all about your dreams of me.

Penner
Fri, 06-19-2015, 03:10 AM
Happy belated birthday! :)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-19-2015, 04:09 PM
I should get to know you in person so you can tell me all about your dreams of me.

You want me to dream about you..?

This puts a new spin on your posts in the UFO thread.