PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Summer Season 2015

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 06-07-2015, 03:42 PM
A little less than a month to go until the new Summer 2015 season starts. What are you looking forward to?

http://anichart.net/summer

For me, it's:
Charlotte
Dragon Ball Super (Chou? I mean... come on... continuation of DBZ, of course I'm in)
Gakkou Gurashi! (Probably nothing like High School of the Dead, but still... School + Zombies, it has my attention)
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan (I thought this was supposed to be in the Spring, but guess it's Summer instead)
Overlord (Omg, yes! The light novel for this is FANTASTIC)

Not sure about:
God Eater
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Ecchi, I know, but the manga was decent when you looked past the ecchi)
Rokka no Yuusha

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-07-2015, 04:26 PM
WORKING!!! - One of my favorite series is back!!!
Durarara Ten - This is where it gets really good. VARONA!
Fate Kaleid - Obligatory to a Fate fanatic.
Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 2 - More Rin please.
Non Non Biyori - Dose of more + Slice of Life comedy.
Rokka no Yuusha - I've read 3 volumes of the LN, and I'm very curious how they are gonna present the mystery heavily present in the text version.
Aquarion Logos - It's aquarion. I'm looking forward to some awesome fights and music.
Yuru Yuri - More comoe!

Maybe:
Overlord - Another MMO story? Will check it out to see if it's doing anything different.
Kangoku Gakuen - The concept is ridiculous, but I'll watch it if it has good art.
Gangsta - Just because it is different.

Kraco
Sun, 06-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Sure bets:
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - The manga is one of my favourites.
Prisma Ilya - Obligatory especially after UBW.
Gangsta - I have read some of the manga. Pretty good stuff.
WORKING - Not as good as Servant x Service, but still good.

Will likely check out:
Overlord - The MC is Skeletor? Sounds promising.
Rokka no Yuusha - I read the description a while ago. Could be good.
God Eater - No idea, but the name is 50% similar to Soul Eater...
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - I wouldn't dare expect much, but who knows.

And probably some of the run of the mill shounen super power shows.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-07-2015, 05:40 PM
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - Kraco told me to.
Durarara!!x2 Ten - Because it is DRRR, also Shou's (DRRR S2) cliffhanger.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! - Because Ilya deserves to be happy happier.
Prison School - I'm skeptical on the animation quality holding up, but it is a seriously funny series. Promos look acceptable for an adaptation of this..
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou - The manga is funny, it is literally monster of the week.
Non Non Biyori Repeat - I was amusingly surprised by the original. Hopefully the sequel will be able to hold up without getting stale.
Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX - It's so fucking bad it's good.

Will Try At Least:
God Eater - It seems to be a popular franchise.
Gakkou Gurashi! - Because it is going to be stupid.
Working!!! - I really didn't care for the last season after the first few episodes. Wish this was more Service x Service instead.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Wish this was more Service x Service instead.

Wasn't sure if this was a typo or intended.

There Symphogear? I'm in. I actually really love it when they sing while fighting.

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 06-07-2015, 11:13 PM
I'm pretty excited about this summer.

I'll check out pretty much everything as usual, but I'm most looking forward to:
Prison School -I'm current on this manga, and it is seriously one of the funniest things I've read. Lots of "serious comedy" going on. Some of the fanservice bits go a bit too far (particularly the vice-pres), but this should be amazing if the anime is done right.
Gate - I've read some of the manga for this. It is great, and I'm hoping the anime can live up/surpass it.
God Eater - ufotable has earned my excitement for pretty much anything they do now. Never played the game.
Gakkou Gurashi - I've read some of the manga for this, too. Slice-of-life zombie survival. It is pretty decent, so I'm hoping the anime is also good.
Symphogear - I like my magical girls with crazy action, and singing to fight is a nice plus. I'm definitely on board for season 3, but I don't know if they can surpass the villain from season 2.
Fate Ilya - While she doesn't sing, Ilya and crew are certainly awesome enough.
Overlord - I've heard really good things, so my expectations are high.
Working - You know what you're getting with this by now, and I'm happy with more.

There are a few more magical school battle shows this season. Hopefully they're better than the crap recently, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Durarara and Gatchaman sequels I'll follow, but they've only been okay to good.

Having read the manga, I don't know how Monster Musume can actually air on television. Maybe they'll just censor the whole screen for the whole show.

A lot of the other titles I just have no idea what to expect, so I guess we'll see.
I'm hoping some of them are obviously bad enough that I can drop them early.

vejita613
Mon, 06-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Will be watching:
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - Read a bit of the manga and I remember enjoying it. I only dropped it because I completely forgot about it for years.
Dragon Ball Chou - Because it's Dragonball.
Gakkou Gurashi! - You would think it's a fluffy series, but it's actually quite dark. I look forward to it.
Himouto! Umaru-chan - Umaru is too damn adorable.
Prison School - Same as everyone else.
To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd - Don't judge me.

Willing to try:
Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - I've heard of it, but never actually go into it. I'll give it a few episodes.

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-28-2015, 05:51 AM
Doesn't necessarily change anyone's opinion at this point, but RandomC's preview (http://randomc.net/2015/06/27/summer-2015-preview/) is up.

Classroom Crisis has some plot details revealed now, and people are getting ARIA vibes? Definitely worth a try for me.

vejita613
Sun, 06-28-2015, 07:55 PM
Actually it adds some stuff to my list:

Will be watching:
Okusama ga Seito Kaichou!

Willing to try:
Rokka no Yuusha
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai

MFauli
Thu, 07-02-2015, 02:43 PM
no idea where else to ask, but: how come there hasnt been an anime version of Homunculus? I dont know the manga, but judging from brief summaries and the artstyle, it gives off vibes similar to Parasyste. Just googled in the hope of an anime version, but nada ...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Considering how long Parasyte waited to get animated...

MFauli
Sat, 07-04-2015, 02:38 AM
okay, i missed to list what Im going to be interested in. Just saw a lot of episode 1s go up :>

- Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri
- Kangoku Gakuen Prison School
- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (wow, i read the manga. this should be super hot :>)
- Overlord
- Dragonball

and thats it. Lots of cutesy moe crap meh

MFauli
Sat, 07-04-2015, 01:52 PM
ugh.

ive watched all episode 1s so far. With the exception of GATE (which is not that great either as of yet), itīs all generic stuff. Whatīs most conspicuous is how cheap all the animation looks. I donīt even need to watch 2 minutes or whatever to simply SEE that something lacks effort. sigh

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 07-04-2015, 07:40 PM
I know many people here probably don't watch Symphogear.
But man, I don't know if anybody else is going to top their first six minutes for an episode 1 this season.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 07-04-2015, 08:31 PM
I feel the same. That was awesome. Absolutely awesome.

"There's a mountain in the way."

"Okay fixed."