PDA

View Full Version : World Trigger is the worst anime currently airing

MFauli
Sun, 05-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Anybody disagreeing?

Just watched the latest episode and it´s as ever infuriating and frustrating to do so. Perceivedly third an episode is wasted on recaps. Even the "new" scenes are so unnecessarily drawn out and lacking of meaningful plot development that it makes you want to hit your head against a wall. The power levels of the various Border agents make no sense whatsoever at all. And instead of at the very least trying to develop some sort of plot, the whole anime consists of rushed confrontations with Akatsuki-like dressed supposedly badass villains - which falls entirely flat, since the audience has no idea who they are, what they truly seek, or what makes them so strong ... which they aren´t really, since in the end, Border agents randomly get to defeat them.

"So why are you still watching it?", you ask, and I guess my answer is that there was a somewhat cool concept in the beginning. I kept waiting for Osamu to get stronger, rise in rank, and eventually Border agents, including Osamu, traveling to the neighbour´s dimension. That could still happen, but who really cares at this point? It´d all come down to more context-less fighting and shitty pacing.

Watching Son Goku charge a genkidama for 10 episodes is more fun.

David75
Sun, 05-24-2015, 11:09 AM
I guess you were not able to memorize the many details they gave you to help you understand that universe.I find that show because entertaining, even if a bit slow. I just wonder when it stops, wether we get enough answers or not.

There's the Koga predicament to solve.
There's the Aftokrator attack to deal with and possibly an alliance to make. Why ? An all out attack like this with so many highly skilled fighters and a national treasure reeks of desparation.
And at the same time, they have an objective, but are not the evil and mad villains. They have principles, recognize value in their enemy etc. Well, maybe not the gazeous guy :D he feels a little mad...

I feel battles are detailed, with some strategy and group management, and even full scale management.
I'm not sure why you feel it's so boring. There's no shonen powerup maybe ?

I've been meaning to create a thread for weeks, but in the end it started with your disapointment.

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 05-24-2015, 01:50 PM
World Trigger has only gotten better since it started.
It's a shame the production quality is kind of crap and they have to rely on recapping stuff to fill time.

There are definitely worse shows airing.

Let me name a few:
Gunslinger Stratos
Etotama
Houkago no Pleiades
Mikagura Gakuen
Kyoukai no Rinne
Re-kan
Show By Rock
Triage X
Uta no Prince 3

I would much rather get another episode of World Trigger than any of these.

Some of these shows have some redeeming factors.
Triage X is so bad it's good.
Mikagura has a good main character, but everything else about the show is horrible.
Uta no Prince has Miyano Mamoru.
Show By Rock's main character is undeniably cute.

But for the most part, they're all poorly done in one way or another.

MFauli
Sun, 05-24-2015, 03:49 PM
thx, Moogles, you made sure for me to never even try watching all these anime. I cannot imagine a duller anime than World Trigger right now. I´d honestly rather watch some little girls moe crap or even Free!.

@David: I cannot bother going into detail, since your praise for this anime is, honestly, mindbaffling. The battles ARE absolutely full of shounen-esque manner, except they´re animated worse than most other such anime, and they are way too boringly presented in how they occur. Ever since the initial period of the show and the very beginning of the Akatsuki attack, nobody´s ever distressed about actually dying - simply bail out blabla.

Maybe this anime shouldn´t have been aired so shortly after Hunter X Hunter ...

David75
Sun, 05-24-2015, 04:19 PM
This is almost a feel good anime and I would not be surprised if the target audience is aged 9 to 13...Hence the trion body with light coming out of limb cuts and the bailout function.

Kyoukai no rinne has a bad scenarist/direction and quality. It feels a little off most of the time, but it does not really have elements I can rant against. I've seen a lot worse...
Show by rock is totally out of the audience we have here. Girls under ten ?

The rest I did not try or stopped in less than a minute.

Back to world trigger, it's a nice long run anime. It's getting better at entertaining me than Dia no Ace.
For recaps, I have quick FF keys...

Inazuma
Mon, 05-25-2015, 09:48 AM
I never agreed with MFauli before ...

... but that was before.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-25-2015, 10:49 AM
You guys don't watch enough anime if you think this is the worst anime airing right now.

I'm not saying you should watch more bad anime to make a more accurate statement, but at least stop exaggerating by using superlatives.

MFauli
Mon, 05-25-2015, 10:59 AM
shinta, Im sure that in the world of absolutes and extremes, there are worse anime than World Trigger currently airing. But those are anime that I wouldn´t even attempt to watch based on their description or artstyle alone.

WT kinda lures you in with its cool concept and then ... leaves you in utter mediocrity.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-25-2015, 12:33 PM
You should've used "WT is the worst anime I'm currently following" as the thread title.

That'd be more accurate, but less people would read the thread content. And they would be better off.

MFauli
Mon, 05-25-2015, 01:12 PM
You should've used "WT is the worst anime I'm currently following" as the thread title.

That'd be more accurate, but less people would read the thread content. And they would be better off.

Disagree, because then more people would watch WT.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Better than reading that.

David75
Mon, 05-25-2015, 03:16 PM
And this is a good anime actually...