PDA

View Full Version : Rin Tohsaka (May contain spoilers from Fate content)

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-22-2015, 03:39 PM
So I was playing Fate Extra CCC and just finished the first chapter, which was all about Rin. It was like a character study of our favorite tsundere, and was very entertaining.

Kinoko Nasu actually wrote that Rin wanted to be enslaved and ordered around. She was apparently tired of being so responsible and in charge all the time that she wanted to be controlled.

I could empathize with that, but is that really consistent with the Rin in all other Fate works? The story did conclude with Rin going back to her normal self, but I still wonder if she really does have an inner M hiding in there.

Kraco
Fri, 05-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I haven't played CCC, but that does sound pretty strange taken so far. But then again, I'm not too well versed with all the mind break hentai because I avoid them like the plague, so I wouldn't really know about somebody suddenly turning hard M. Based on what I've seen and interpreted of her personality, I do say, though, that she would enjoy a strong partner even if she's normally bossing everybody around. She truly loved her old man, and he was surely equipped when the aristocrat kind of disposition of assuming everybody follows his orders without him needing to even raised his voice. She also liked Archer alot, and he was a dude who was mocking her and doing whatever he wanted, yet she never stopped liking him.

However, I'm not sure, after she spent years building her personality in solitude yet in charge of the town, a personality which is really a version of the image she had of her dad, that she would actually want to be controlled. I reckon she would rather want to compete for the control with an equal opponent. That's why Shirou, despite his generally sheep like and obedient attitude, wasn't all bad for her because when the really important things happened, he did what he wanted, not heeding her orders. She's a tsundere, though, so of course the partner would necessarily need to be a bit pushy for things to move anywhere.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-22-2015, 06:05 PM
Rin from Fate/CCC is not Rin Tohsaka (FSN) at all. She certainly wasn't in Fate/Extra. She's a descendant or distant cousin at best. Blonde hair, blue-eyed.

That plot makes more sense with the Fate/Extra's Rin. Still, I'll always choose Rani.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-22-2015, 08:26 PM
Wait, what do you mean blond hair, blue eyed? She looks exactly like Rin, black hair and everything.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-22-2015, 09:19 PM
You might want to play Fate/Extra again...or first before continuing with CCC.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-22-2015, 10:20 PM
I've played Extra but ages ago. Can you just remind me?

EDIT: Nvm. I just checked the wiki. I don't see the blue hair blond thing bit, but she really is a completely different person, just you know, a practical clone in terms of personality.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-22-2015, 11:19 PM
This is bad news, because I'm an M more or less. :'(

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-22-2015, 11:29 PM
Nah, even in CCC she stays an S after you stab a hand into her hole.

In the chest.