PDA

View Full Version : Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus

Munsu
Sun, 04-19-2015, 05:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KcK3Fun.jpg

Can't find much info on Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus the general anime sites, so not sure what this is about only that it takes a few years after the Heaven and Earth movie.

I watched the first tv series about a decade ago (https://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/7058-Soukyuu-no-Fafner-Dead-Aggressor), and I remember enjoying it overall, though I don't remember much if anything at all at this point.

Didn't watch the prequel OVA or the sequel movie. Noticed that a second series was recently released, and curious if any of you guys got to watch it? Was it any good?

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Everything Fafner is great, and so is this series. I didn't think anyone still cared so I didn't make a thread, but Fafner Exodus is one of the best series running in the previous and the current season.

This is a direct sequel to the first series, so you need to review a little bit to refresh the characters, world, and overall plot that led to the current state of events.

Munsu
Sun, 04-19-2015, 06:47 PM
Everything Fafner is great, and so is this series. I didn't think anyone still cared so I didn't make a thread, but Fafner Exodus is one of the best series running in the previous and the current season.

This is a direct sequel to the first series, so you need to review a little bit to refresh the characters, world, and overall plot that led to the current state of events.

Cool thanks, I'll get to watching this then. I do need a refresher, any summary or wiki recommendations on these regard? I'm not rewatching the older show. I really don't recall anything about the original series.

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 04-19-2015, 07:50 PM
I never saw the original, so I wasn't super interested in finding anything out about this.
What makes it good?

Munsu
Sun, 04-19-2015, 07:56 PM
I never saw the original, so I wasn't super interested in finding anything out about this.
What makes it good?

Personally I don't recall much of it, so I don't know. It was pretty messed up I think, high body counts, and some nice mecha action to go with it. I think it reminded me a bit of RahXephon (if you haven't watched that, do yourself a favor and do it) and maybe to a lesser extent Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-19-2015, 11:15 PM

This is assuming you liked the first series right? I watched that one a few years back and found it disappointing. Pretty sure the only thing that kept me going was the godly OP, with the ED following closely behind.

I tried the first episode of this a while back and just couldn't get into it..

I challenge you to sell it to me.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Great mecha battles.

A wide array of characters.

A wide array of deaths.

MC OP badassery.

Power at the cost of humanity.

Rather dark story line about hope that evokes hopelessness.

Has romance, comedy, action, tragedy.

Cryptic Mysterious storytelling.

Cute loli sage.

And the fact that I still like this despite me not remembering any waki.