PDA

View Full Version : Ore Monogatari!!

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-16-2015, 10:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ii7UKUc.jpg

Alternative title: My Love Story!!, 俺物語!!

Synopsis: Gouda Takeo is a giant guy with a giant heart. Too bad the girls don't want him! (They want his good-looking best friend, Sunakawa.) Used to being on the sidelines, Takeo simply stands tall and accepts his fate. But one day when he saves a girl named Yamato from a harasser on the train, his (love!) life suddenly takes an incredible turn! -AniDB

Links: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16514), AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10918), MAL (http://myanimelist.net/manga/36933/Ore_Monogatari!!), Official (http://www.anime-ore.jp/)

Download: HorribleSubs Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=675709)| Episode 02 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=678833)

-------------------------------------------

"Girls, this is what he looks like when he laughs"

This show is easy to watch, except for the fact that Takeo's low self-esteem here stops him from seeing the obvious that Yamato likes him. In his defence her moves are a bit hard to decipher. I feel that the animators are being intentionally confusing at times which is good. The reveal came much closer than I thought though, so where is the story going to go from there? Sunakawa starts making his move on his first girl?

(The main pair reminds me of the first scenario from Hatsukoi Limited, while the Sunakawa is pretty much Taichi from Chihayafuru in form)

edit: after finding the above pic, I prefer that shot of Yamato compared to the ones we've gotten from the anime. It's still cute, but less "helpless animal that only knows how to cook" cute.

MFauli
Sat, 04-18-2015, 07:23 AM
episode 2 is out!
---------------------

"Easy to watch" indeed. It´s not yet something special, but it´s just nice to follow. Although the flashback in ep1 hit too close to home, seeing hot guy Sunakawa getting all the girls, while Takeo always lost out on them. :(
Although it´s not that clear why he couldnt get a gf so far. I mean, ... try making Takeo a big fatass like me, THAT would be reasonable. He´s just big and strong, girls should like that.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-18-2015, 10:27 AM
Unless his face looks like a gorilla.

And lose some weight man. 10 years ago, I went down 70lbs (from 216 lbs to 146 lbs) and it changed my life.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-23-2015, 08:38 AM
HS - episode 03 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=681700)

----------------------------

Amazing how in one episode they divert all the sympathy from Takeo to Sunakawa. You can argue that Takeo's been serving as a litmus test for all the girls approaching Sunakawa, but the fact remains that Suna may be suppressing any feelings he has for Yamato in order to help out Takeo. If Takeo gets picked rarely because of his looks, then Suna's pool is equally low if he'll only accept someone that also Takeo.

I'm not a fashion model myself and would actually appreciate if I levelled up some in the Beauty attribute. Most of us think like that I think. Then you have someone like Suna who thinks the beauty gets in the way of finding someone who's truly attracted to him as a person and also has a good heart. The grass is always greener on the other side huh?

I'm very happy that they're not beating around the bush and breaking out the "truth" by episode 3.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-23-2015, 09:09 AM
If Takeo gets picked rarely because of his looks, then Suna's pool is equally low if he'll only accept someone that also Takeo.

That's not the case here. Suna didn't like those girls because they badmouthed Takeo, not because they didn't like Takeo back. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of girls out there who would turn Takeo down but not talk crap behind his back. As Suna said, Takeo has bad taste in women.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-23-2015, 12:09 PM
"that also (likes) Takeo", as in a friend or a family member, not as a potential partner.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-24-2015, 03:41 AM
Yamato's saccharine-cuteness in any other series would make her the most obnoxious character in an ensemble cast of multiple girls.

But in this series she's adorable. It's a very fine line and I honestly don't know how they pulled it off, but I'm glad they did.

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 04-24-2015, 04:41 AM
So is it over? lol... I'm very curious where they're going from here.

MFauli
Sat, 04-25-2015, 09:27 AM
well, shitty drama incoming! because, how else will they keep up a plot :>

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Won't the introduce the girl's friends? Their reactions to the ape would be interesting.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-06-2015, 11:28 PM
4 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=684639)
5 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=687471)

Please die Yamato. Ai ftw.

MFauli
Thu, 05-07-2015, 01:05 AM
man, she´s so dumb. why couldnt she have told takeo about her love for him earlier? hed have the most beautiful gf now >:

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-07-2015, 09:03 AM
But Takeo never liked Ai because she was always an elder sister to him. Childhood friend pitfall.

Munsu
Thu, 05-07-2015, 08:22 PM
This series is not my type of anime at all, but I'm really enjoying it. Fairly funny too, quite decent comedic timing.

Ai is awesome.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-08-2015, 02:43 PM
I wonder if Yamato's secret goes something like "I was dared to go out with him for X months for Y compensation."

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-08-2015, 03:46 PM
Nah, it's probably something ridiculously mundane like: "I'm moving to Hokkaido/Los Angeles next month."

The hints have primarily been that she lives alone in the house.

I love the fact that Ai fits the shoujo series trope of the allied sister. Except that while she's still the bishonen's sister, but she's the ally and secret love interest of the "heroine" Takeo.

This series nicely meets most of the usual shoujo tropes of a tomboy lead (except he's an ultra-masculine lead) and the instant-ally older sister of the bishonen. Yamato kinda fills the role of the effeminate bishonen (with a hidden dark secret), except she's actually just super feminine...with some kind of secret.

It's all very meta if you've read a shit-ton of shoujo manga.

MFauli
Fri, 05-08-2015, 05:01 PM
I thought her "secret" was that she WANTS Takeo to kiss her, but she´s too embarrassed to tell him, cause of her role as the cute, innocent girl.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-08-2015, 06:00 PM
OMG Mfauli, I think you just one upped them.

Munsu
Sun, 05-10-2015, 08:56 AM
I think the secret is that she's a surrogate mom.

MFauli
Wed, 05-13-2015, 07:16 PM
ep 6 is out
-------------

first of all, ive been right about yamato´s secret.

secondly ... wtf Takeo. I call bs. That shit was just to unrealistic. No guy would ever contemplate practicing kissing with a male friend. come oooon. No. Just no. Let alone that he sexually abused his best friend. so much eww...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-14-2015, 12:21 AM
First of all, I called your call about Yamato's secret being right.

The author and director struck gold with that last scene. I think I woke people up with my laughter, all the way from another house.

MFauli
Thu, 05-14-2015, 07:02 AM
LOL

someone neg repped me with a comment "homophobic much?" for the above posting! Hilarious :D

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-14-2015, 11:44 AM
It's not rape if there's cling wrap.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-14-2015, 12:53 PM
The old horse has been beaten to death, wrapped in plastic, and now awaits cryogenic storage.

Munsu
Thu, 05-14-2015, 08:49 PM
ep 6 is out
-------------

first of all, ive been right about yamato´s secret.

secondly ... wtf Takeo. I call bs. That shit was just to unrealistic. No guy would ever contemplate practicing kissing with a male friend. come oooon. No. Just no. Let alone that he sexually abused his best friend. so much eww...

The secret was quite obvious.

In general I thought it was the weakest episode so far, had a funny ending though.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 05-14-2015, 10:18 PM
But Buff and Ryll missed it. That's what he was getting at.

Again, that ending was gold. The development was common enough to be tropey, but it was executed perfectly.

Munsu
Thu, 05-14-2015, 10:57 PM
But Buff and Ryll missed it. That's what he was getting at.

Again, that ending was gold. The development was common enough to be tropey, but it was executed perfectly.

Well, I assumed that everyone was throwing random "guesses" around simply because it was that obvious.

Oh well, let's see what they have for us next... to bad the best character left for now.

I wouldn't complain if this suddenly transformed into an action series.

Munsu
Sat, 07-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Still enjoying this one a bit, though the repetitiveness it's getting to me at times.

Makes me laugh a bit, so worth watching a bit through that. I really liked Saijou-san, and Yamato is starting to irritate me a bit... really dislike the dumb voice.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 07-27-2015, 08:03 AM
Makes me laugh a bit, so worth watching a bit through that. I really liked Saijou-san, and Yamato is starting to irritate me a bit... really dislike the dumb voice.

I play catch up with this show every now and again, but it's always been enjoyable every time I decide to do so. Yamato's voice actually irritated me earlier in the series. I've come to accept it as it being a part of her now. Cancer voice still goes to Sae from Amagami SS.

Munsu
Mon, 07-27-2015, 05:25 PM
I play catch up with this show every now and again, but it's always been enjoyable every time I decide to do so. Yamato's voice actually irritated me earlier in the series. I've come to accept it as it being a part of her now. Cancer voice still goes to Sae from Amagami SS.

I'm the opposite, I was cool with it early on... it's seemingly being more accentuated (at least my perception of it is) lately. And yeah, I do the same. Been watching it in batches.

MFauli
Thu, 08-13-2015, 12:38 PM
episode 19 is out
-----------------

when Takeo princess-carried his mom and she realized what a good son he is, I was tearing up a bit, admittedly.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-23-2015, 07:48 AM
HS - Episode 20 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=724668)

----------------------

Sunakawa gets his turn! They're really pushing the message that as long as you're kind-hearted you'll find a pretty partner happiness regardless of how you are.

How old will Takeo's sister be when she overtakes Rinko in stature? 5yo?

Munsu
Thu, 09-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Well, we're up to episode 23 now.

I'm about 9 episodes behind, but should catch up in the next few days. Next episode should be the series finale, since info is that it's 24 episodes long series. That said, read that the finale will be delayed for a week, so plenty of time to catch up and prepare for the series' end.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-19-2015, 02:41 AM
Haha, the new guy is gold. I don't even know what to call his mental state.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-24-2015, 04:16 AM
Final Ep (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=horrible+ore+monogatari)

------------------------------------

Good show. The pairing worked out great after all.

MFauli
Thu, 09-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Okay show. I always wondered where the plot would go, since both became a couple in the very beginning ... and it didn´t go anywhere. Still, was fun enough.

David75
Sun, 06-10-2018, 12:40 PM
The story follows Takeo Gōda, a tall and muscular student who doesn't have much luck with women, as every girl he likes ends up falling for his best friend, Makoto Sunakawa, who is charming and good-looking. This all changes when he saves Rinko Yamato, a petite shy girl who, above all other expectations, falls in love with Takeo, beginning a unique love story.

https://youtu.be/GdB0LsAceGE

I started that one this morning, I'm halfway through.
This is shoujo, minimum violence, lots of sweet times, nice comedy. I'm giggling/smiling/laughing all the time, enough that my wife is wondering if I'm still sane :D
I guess I discarded that one because of MC face... it's still bothering me a little, but the show is a lot of fun and I like teen romance anime.
Also, it so happens I'm quite tall and large compared to my little/slim wife so some comedy scenes really hit home.

Have fun !

David75
Fri, 06-15-2018, 10:53 AM
It's true that the second half did lose a bit of steam. Saijou was a great girl, too bad she wasn't included into the regulars.
Sunakawa really feels like he suffers from depression and Takeo is his lifeline.
As with many other shows, good material, but could have been even better.
Will check the manga, it's possible the anime was limited by the source.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-15-2018, 12:58 PM
How big is the height gap between you and your wife? In inches, please.

David75
Fri, 06-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Not as violent as in the anime at 10,5 inches and at some point 75kg....
But she can easilly hide behind me :D

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-15-2018, 02:23 PM
That's still a lot. I'm only 7 inches taller than my wife, and she looks tiny beside me and can easily hide behind me too.

EDIT: Yes, she's an actual human female, not a 2D poster or 3D dakimakura/figure.

David75
Fri, 06-15-2018, 08:40 PM
Well, we also always wonder wether we're the same species or not :D

Regarding anime voices: by the end of the anime I was wondering if Takeo's VA lost his touch a bit. Rather than exageration, his voice felt forced at times. It's possible that the gap they wanted between Takeo and Rinko was a bit hard on the two VAs.

MFauli
Mon, 06-18-2018, 04:47 PM
People having actual wives. Jealous. Sad. :(

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-19-2018, 07:38 AM
It's not all sunshine and rainbows. Grass is greener and all that.

I still love my waifus.

David75
Tue, 06-26-2018, 08:39 AM
Well, the story of the meeting with my wife and I is textbook girlish/shoujo romance.
I had some stories before, but eventhough I liked the girls at the time, I knew it wasn't a life lasting feeling.
Then I met my wife in a BBS IRL meeting in 2001. Among all the people I shaked hand or exchange cheek kisses with (French greeting, or rather latin europe) she's the only one I did not kiss/shake hand with because of the huge emotions I felt seeing her.
And she's had the very same reaction.
That first shared emotion led to mails that led to sharing the same roof.
Love at first sight that managed to settle and a basis for a long lasting love.

Before then, I honestly thought those stories were only existing in romance books/movies/anime

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-26-2018, 08:01 PM
Well, the story of the meeting with my wife and I is textbook girlish/shoujo romance.
I had some stories before, but eventhough I liked the girls at the time, I knew it wasn't a life lasting feeling.
Then I met my wife in a BBS IRL meeting in 2001. Among all the people I shaked hand or exchange cheek kisses with (French greeting, or rather latin europe) she's the only one I did not kiss/shake hand with because of the huge emotions I felt seeing her.
And she's had the very same reaction.
That first shared emotion led to mails that led to sharing the same roof.
Love at first sight that managed to settle and a basis for a long lasting love.

Before then, I honestly thought those stories were only existing in romance books/movies/anime

10/10 would watch.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 06-26-2018, 08:46 PM
My story is way less fluffy and lots more dramatic. I had to steal my wife away from her (former) cult and family (who was deeply embedded in the cult) in order to save her from severe anxiety and depression.

I was her mom's boss and got to know her through that. At first, she called me "Onii-chan" because she always fantasized about having an older brother, but then things developed in a weird way and we became a couple. We kept it a secret at first because her family wouldn't approve, mainly because I'm not part of the cult, and a bit because of our age gap. She was 19 at the time, and I was 30. I even did a dogeza in front of her crazy dad to approve of our relationship, but he didn't, so she ran away from her family. Her family no longer talks to her because of cult rules.

That said, she is the happiest she has ever been according to her, and I made it a goal in life to fulfill her dreams (ones that could never happen in her previous life) one by one. So while the ending is nowhere near in sight, I at least avoided the tragedy tag.

Before all this, I always thought these kinds of situations only existed in soap operas...

David75
Wed, 06-27-2018, 12:56 PM
I see we have a knack for living like some stories we like. Or at least having parts of our lives that very much feel like a fiction.
Thanks for sharing too.

10/10 would watch.
Too bad I have no talent as a writer/scenarist/director

MFauli
Mon, 07-09-2018, 07:19 PM
My story is way less fluffy and lots more dramatic. I had to steal my wife away from her (former) cult and family (who was deeply embedded in the cult) in order to save her from severe anxiety and depression.

I was her mom's boss and got to know her through that. At first, she called me "Onii-chan" because she always fantasized about having an older brother, but then things developed in a weird way and we became a couple. We kept it a secret at first because her family wouldn't approve, mainly because I'm not part of the cult, and a bit because of our age gap. She was 19 at the time, and I was 30. I even did a dogeza in front of her crazy dad to approve of our relationship, but he didn't, so she ran away from her family. Her family no longer talks to her because of cult rules.

That said, she is the happiest she has ever been according to her, and I made it a goal in life to fulfill her dreams (ones that could never happen in her previous life) one by one. So while the ending is nowhere near in sight, I at least avoided the tragedy tag.

Before all this, I always thought these kinds of situations only existed in soap operas...

Alright, when I find my wife, I'll tell you all about how I met her inmidst of a secret intergalactic space war. She's an anthromorphic space vixen and very shy, but when I closed the proto-Higgs gate near Pluto by hypercharging exotic sun matter near the entrance point, she finally could feel save again. Since then, we've been snuggling in bed most of the time. She's so fluffy.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-09-2018, 09:49 PM
Wish you all the best.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 07-10-2018, 11:45 AM
I wish myself the best.

MFauli can have second best.

David75
Tue, 07-10-2018, 01:55 PM
I wish the best for all of you ;)