PDA

View Full Version : Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-11-2015, 10:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hHXlrJL.jpg

Alternative Title: Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka?, Danmachi, ダンジョンに出会いを求めるのは間違っているだろうか

Genres: comedy, fantasy, romance

Synopsis: Commonly known as the "Dungeon," the city of Orario possesses a huge labyrinth in the underground. Its strange name attracts excitement, illusions of honor, and hopes of romance with a pretty girl. In this city of dreams and desires, new adventurer Bell Cranel has his fateful encounter with the tiny Goddess Hestia.

Thus begins the story of a boy striving to become the best adventurer and a lonely goddess searching for followers both hoping to reach their goals and perhaps have some romance on the side. -MAL

Links: ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16443), MAL (http://myanimelist.net/anime/28121/Dungeon_ni_Deai_wo_Motomeru_no_wa_Machigatteiru_Da rou_ka), AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10894), Official (http://danmachi.com/)

Download: HorribleSubs - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=673508)| Episode 02 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=676538)

------------------------------

Loli-with-boobs.. it's such a weird sight. Whenever I watch this show my brain goes into discord. Those two things can not exist in such a manner.

Anyway, it's an alright show. Moderately funny and interesting.

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 04-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Apparently Hestia's uh... boob ribbon?... has become quite the internet sensation: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/08/fans-go-crazy-for-is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-goddess-hestia-warning-more-than-slightly-nsfw

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Blind fools. Look at the waki, not the ribbon (or anything else), dammit.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-11-2015, 10:33 PM
That boob ribbon is the most anti-waki device I've seen.

edit: or so it should be...

http://i.imgur.com/sE0u9QK.jpg

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 04-12-2015, 05:26 AM
Too bad she is a bit of an idiot. She has the knife with her...yet she doesn't even give it to him when he needs it?

shinta|hikari
Sun, 04-12-2015, 08:39 AM
@Buff - You missed the point of the ribbon entirely. It's precisely because it makes it a chore to raise her (ridiculously exposed) arms that makes it absolute awesome when she does. Check her fanart. A good chunk of them are all wakiness.

@Neo - I generally hate idiots, but I think it's part of Hestia's charm. Dedicated and lovable idiots are nice to see from time to time.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-12-2015, 09:14 AM
I was talking about the physical impossibility of it, but as anime goes.. what impossibilities?

I thought the appeal of it was more in line with pseudo-bondage.

Kraco
Sun, 04-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Too bad she is a bit of an idiot. She has the knife with her...yet she doesn't even give it to him when he needs it?

I guess that explains why her familia has so few members? Even a single one seems difficult for her to brain capacity to maintain. Not that the dude would be much brighter.

Kraco
Fri, 04-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Episode 3 - HS

- - - - --

The dude actually had pretty decent moves once the useless goddess actually managed to give him the knife. He has some personality issues, but he's not half bad when he gets down to it. We have seen previously he has what it takes to accept challenges in order to get stronger. Realistically speaking he should get some company for the dungeon crawling, though. One plus one is more than two in such a situation, with all the possible new tactics and other benefits available for a party.

Hestia is cute, as stupid as she is. Bell could have ended up with a much worse god/goddess. It doesn't change the fact the familia needs additional members.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-18-2015, 02:48 AM
I was worried at first that the weapon's power and Hestia's spell actually channelled her life essence into the knife in exchange for power, given how she collapsed. It seems that was unnecessary though.

I'll have to remember to keep the RPG aspect in my mind when I watch this because it's funny watching knives vs monsters otherwise. They don't have the physical length to penetrate deeper arteries of monsters from a realistic perspective, but it's all about damage points in RPG.

Kraco
Sat, 04-18-2015, 03:08 AM
I'll have to remember to keep the RPG aspect in my mind when I watch this because it's funny watching knives vs monsters otherwise. They don't have the physical length to penetrate deeper arteries of monsters from a realistic perspective, but it's all about damage points in RPG.

I don't think the dude is yet ready to fight monsters that big. For all we know, the knife might actually grow bigger when he gets stronger, allowing a deeper penetration (that sounds kind of bawdy...).

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 04-18-2015, 04:46 AM
Yeah that does sound a bit off....

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-18-2015, 10:28 AM
They can use magic and shit right? That means his knife can shoot beams inside the monster like it did this episode.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 04-18-2015, 11:15 AM
Well....so far the only magic we have seen are the statuses on adventurers. And the knife. Not sure if there IS magic like Fireball or something like that. I mean even the Gods can't use magic in this realm besides bestowing their blessings.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-25-2015, 12:22 AM
HS - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=682468)

-------------------------------------------------

Wrath of a Goddess, or that of Ryu? Either way you're screwed. I wasn't expecting this to be a harem show at the beginning but it's rather tasteful so it doesn't bother me at all.

Kraco
Sat, 04-25-2015, 01:35 AM
Hestia is a really jealous goddess. Fortunately she's also so cute and childish that her jealousy doesn't seem overly dangerous, more like tantrums.

It was cool that Bell's dagger behaved like junk in other people's hands. Such a feature is quite handy. Too convenient he got it back so easily, but disregarding that, his good nature probably made him his first friend with whom to go dungeon crawling. The scene where he did the 50-50 split against the shrimp's expectations was nice, especially since it was so soon after the brat had stolen his dagger. If Lili has any decency, she should be feeling massively guilty. Although she still should switch guilds to Hestia's since there's obviously something badly wrong about her own.

Kraco
Fri, 05-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Episode 5 - HS

-- - -- - -

Hmm... What exactly is wrong with the other guild? Is there a clique of adventurers (or all of the adventurers?) who basically hold the rest as debt slaves? How did that debt accumulate or is just like the "we took care of you for n years, so now it's your turn to pay back" kind of debt? However, the sake loving lady was talking about something else entirely I can't quite connect with the brutish extortion stuff. Certainly Lili didn't look like she would be a heavy drinker and it was a drinking debt...

Things go quite smoothly for Bell. He just happened to get a rare, expensive grimoire for free because somebody had forgotten it at the inn. He casts his first spell chantless (I didn't get an impression that was due to the grimoire, but who knows). When he dropped unconscious in the dungeon, instead of some hungry monsters, he was found by the lady he admires and fell for, and got a lap pillow moment, nothing less. Hestia doesn't seem to be a goddess of boobs and booze but a goddess of luck.

MFauli
Fri, 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM
havent read any of the responses above yet, but hereīs my take on it:

I think it should be considered okay, yes. For socially inept guys like myself, itīs way easier to get flirtatious with a girl when trapped inside some semi-scary, moody dungeon. Usually, you have to somehow get into contact, then exchange some more or less awkward messages, until finally leading to a first meet-up irl. Just recently I met this gorgeous girl, but I was so awkward around her - barely getting myself to hug her during the "hi!"-phase, then sitting down facing each other while drinking iced tea at Starbucks. Somehow, I could hold up a conversation for an hour, and since then I met her once again, but still, itīs just really hard.

Not so when inside a dungeon. Without even knowing the girl, youīll have an instant feeling of intimacy. Simply from being all alone with her in this god-forsaken environment. Since itīs kinda scary in that unbeknown, mysterious place, sheīll approach you on her own account, most likely asking you something like "H-hey. I am ... Who are you?" and from there itīs truly easy. Whatīs best, though, is that you donīt have to make it through any sort of awkward smalltalk/converation, since youīre in a situation where actions are required. So instead of trying to come up with witty, faux-intelligent replies and question, you just say "we have to find a way out of here" and she will follow you. Even better, sheīll get a feeling of security when near by your side. Now, itīs a bit of a double-edged sword regarding what follows. Obviously, you donīt want to get killed by some strong dungeon monster. However, protecting the girl against, say, a single wolf, a swarm of crows or some giant bugs should be doable. And, really, if you can pull that off successfully, youīll have won her forever. When youīre lying next to the dead wolf after the fight, scratches and some light wounds all over your body, sheīll treat your wounds and thank you and ask you whyīd you do that. And all you have to reply is "īCause youre so damn cute" in a tired, fading voice. As you finish the sentence, you close your eyes from exhaustion, though well knowing that you made her heart skip a beat. For the rest of the journey through this dungeon, you can be sure that sheīs madly in love with you.

So, yeah, I think it is definitely okay to pick up girls in a dungeon. Itīs a great help for those that arenīt that confident and well-spoken when in a normal everyday environment. And, honestly, it might be even a "truer" way of showing a girl you like her, rather than winning her through mere words.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-01-2015, 04:45 PM
havent read any of the responses above yet, but hereīs my take on it:

[stuff]

I don't have enough hands to give this the giga drill breaker facepalm it deserves.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-01-2015, 09:08 PM
LOL, he was joking wasn't he?

David75
Sat, 05-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Antoher ep that felt way too short. I'm enjoying the show.

Remember that the grimoire is the one the michievious middle age lady was choosing for Bell last ep. She's also the one responsible for the monsters' rampage. We don't know why yet, or who she is, but she set her eyes on Bell from ep 1 it seems.

Now, is Syr an acomplice, or was the grimoire spelled so that no one but Bell would get it in the end ?

Kraco
Sat, 05-02-2015, 03:12 AM
Remember that the grimoire is the one the michievious middle age lady was choosing for Bell last ep. She's also the one responsible for the monsters' rampage. We don't know why yet, or who she is, but she set her eyes on Bell from ep 1 it seems.

Oh, I had totally forgotten such a detail. That's a moot point, then, since it certainly was no coincidence in that case.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-02-2015, 03:44 AM
Oh, I had totally forgotten such a detail. That's a moot point, then, since it certainly was no coincidence in that case.

Middle aged lady? The Goddess of Sex/Beauty? When did this happen the episode before last? I only remember Bell's advisor choosing something at a shop before Bell settled for some armour.

As for his spell, I think it the non-chanting thing was was partly due to the Grimore, but also due to his quick learning. The book chooses a magic that best suits the user, and a non-chanting assault spell was the result.

MFauli is the only person to take that question seriously. Bell doesn't care. Bell just picks up chicks like a boss.

David75
Sat, 05-02-2015, 04:12 AM
Bell doesn't pick girls, he's a chick magnet and tends to flee when they're too close unless said girl is Hestia and he induglges in some skinship

As for the middle aged lady, she feels in her 20, but that's middle aged by anime standards...

Check ep04 around 21'20" just before ED, same grimoire.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-02-2015, 04:27 AM
As for the middle aged lady, she feels in her 20, but that's middle aged by anime standards...

And they talk about me and shinta... xD

It does seem strange that no one else even opened up that book, but one can argue that the effects don't activate until one starts committing to learning.

David75
Sat, 05-02-2015, 04:32 AM
Said woman seems to be a high level mage or even a high level Goddess. She was able to put to sleep lots of people and set last ep monster to target Bell.
I think she's more than capable to either manipulate/spell Syr into giving the grimoire to Bell alone and/or cast a spell on the grimoire so that it only falls into Bell's hands in the end.
Some kind of invisibility spell where an object feels useless or does not catch the interrest of anyone but the target.

Kraco
Sat, 05-02-2015, 04:53 AM
Bell doesn't pick girls, he's a chick magnet and tends to flee when they're too close unless said girl is Hestia and he induglges in some skinship

I don't think he has any active feelings for Hestia apart from worshipping her as his goddess. He might feel conscious of her feminity every now and then, but he's probably forcing himself to ignore her as a girl to respect her properly as a goddess. Hestia is such an airhead she doesn't realise it in order to fix it, causing her unnecessary grief and jealousy.

David75
Sat, 05-02-2015, 07:29 AM
I know he's totally passive and unaware.
But the status update Hestia performs counts as skinship to me ;)

Kraco
Fri, 05-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Episode 6 - HS

- - - - - - - -

Yes, he's a moron, an idiot, and even a complete fool. Fortunately he's also a main character, so he can keep pulling off stupid stunts and still stay alive. And keep finding more oppai loli, it seems, as Lili seemed surprisingly racked. Still, at least it looks like he got his special knife back, so he doesn't need to raid the Soma family to crack some skulls, not that they wouldn't deserve it, but honestly I think Lili also deserved to lose her possessions and then some more for her treason.

Hestia was rather nonchalant considering it's obvious Lili would have had no qualms about arranging the deaths of her targets, all things considered (since that's only all to natural in the dungeon and removes all evidence nicely). But then again, she put all the lipids in her boobs, leaving nothing for the glial cells in her brain, so she's not too smart either.

I wonder why Lili was again hunting adventurers in front of the dungeon. Since the Soma family left her to die, I don't see how she could or would go back there anymore. It also looked otherwise like Bell was adopting her earlier.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-08-2015, 03:09 PM
You're correct. It doesn't make any sense to have "reset meeting" again. Those loose strings should have been wrapped up before they left that dungeon.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Lili actually cried herself to sleep, and Bell carried her out of the dungeon. She woke up at Bell's place but both Hestia and Bell were out, so she just left. After that, Bell returned finding her gone and went to look for her.

That's why they met again at the fountain and formally established a contract. No, I didn't read the source. That was all just me filling in the blanks.

I love Aiz's dress design. Wakiness. Lili also randomly raised an arm while waiting for her death just to display hers. The character designer and director of this show know what they are doing.

MFauli
Sat, 05-09-2015, 03:18 AM
Aaand caught up! Watched all 6 episodes in one go :D Had to laugh out loud, when that recite of Bellīs grandfather in ep1 was basically what I parodied in my earlier posting in this thread, haha.

Anyway, this is actually a nice medieval fantasy anime. Another twist on the whole mmorpg-anime genre.

Now, what makes no sense at all is Bell himself. His main goal is to find a girl, that much was made clear. So ... whatīs he doing?! Heīs living with a hot girl that obviously likes him, too. Iīm still waiting for a "itīs impossible to have a relationship with a goddess" explanation, but from an earlier episode, it seems that that isnt even forbidden. So ... what?!
Then he meets Syr girl, a super cute maid, who openly tells him she likes him. And again, he doesnīt pick up anything.
I really have to question his motives. And itīs not like thereīs a deeper connection between him and Aiz.

Im glad that Lily has finally returned to her senses. Itīs kinda boring to watch a transparent plot unfold. Both her and Kiritoīs voice actor give me bad feelings of harem-ness starting, though. Ugh.

I hope the remaining party member joins soon, so the anime can focus on progressing the actual adventure.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-09-2015, 03:34 AM
I think you missed the part about him having the hots for Aiz.

Kraco
Sat, 05-09-2015, 03:34 AM
Now, what makes no sense at all is Bell himself. His main goal is to find a girl, that much was made clear. So ... whatīs he doing?! Heīs living with a hot girl that obviously likes him, too. Iīm still waiting for a "itīs impossible to have a relationship with a goddess" explanation, but from an earlier episode, it seems that that isnt even forbidden. So ... what?!
Then he meets Syr girl, a super cute maid, who openly tells him she likes him. And again, he doesnīt pick up anything.
I really have to question his motives. And itīs not like thereīs a deeper connection between him and Aiz.

I reckon he's aiming for Aiz because he admires her. He wants to become a strong adventurer and Aiz is a shining example of that. She's also beautiful and elegant, which is something Bell isn't (or handsome and elegant in his case, since he's a dude). He's fleeing from her, though, because he's too embarrassed by getting saved by her due to his weakness. As a man he doesn't want to appear weak in front of his crush. Quite natural.

I've said it before, but it's more or less obvious Bell respects Hestia too deeply as a goddess to allow himself to see her as a catchable woman. Naturally he's somewhat conscious of her cuteness and feminity, but it does look like he draws a line. Hestia herself would need to erase that line, but she's too airheaded to realise such a simple thing.

I hope the remaining party member joins soon, so the anime can focus on progressing the actual adventure.

What adventure? These adventurers are more like blue-collar workers who go to the dungeon 8AM and climb back up 4PM to call it a day. Why, they are essentially like miners mining the magical monster crystals, which seem to power the city. If there's an adventure, it must be an accident and a nuisance, kind of like a collapsed mine in RL, trapping miners.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Indeed. All the adventure is above ground, the dungeon-diving is just setup (and only as-needed) for the above-ground drama.

Freya is obviously the big bad, having been slighted by Hestia somehow and interested in Bell. Loki and Hestia may fight, but it is harmless compared to what Freya does to the poor loli-boobed goddess of all that is good and holy and a warm place to come back to.

Next you have the waitresses who are up to no good, giving Bell priceless grimoires and laughing it off as a mistake...yeah, nothing out of the ordinary going on there...

And then you have the guildhall representative taking a personal interest in his safety and going out of her way to make sure he has the right equipment to survive.

Finally you have the Queen of the Adventurers smitten with him, but too shy to approach and apologize for the rudeness of her comrades, secretly supporting him from the shadows.

All in all, it is still good fun, but to pretend that anything in the dungeon matters at all is foolishness at best. This takes an even further step away from any sort of grand quest like Druaga had, though managing to keep the deaths of random adventurers much more commonplace.

As much as Lili is a bitch and a scumbag, I do kind of hope she joins Hestia's Familia. The poor girl needs a break, and Hestia needs more loving, doting worshippers to grant her hospitality to, poor that it may be.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Lili actually expected him to escape, so she never intended to kill him. She's not as much of a scumbag as she appeared to be. Also, she has great waki. And also a loli. All is forgiven.

What I don't like is Aiz getting interested in Bell. It's a little too much. She should have stayed the unreachable goal instead of harem girl 5.

Kraco
Mon, 05-11-2015, 01:47 AM
Lili actually expected him to escape, so she never intended to kill him. She's not as much of a scumbag as she appeared to be. Also, she has great waki. And also a loli. All is forgiven.

I'm not so sure about that. She took him deeper than he was ready to descend and then used the whatever bait crystal to summon multiple high level monsters, which promptly surrounded him. Like I said before, it's obvious her intention was to cover all the tracks by making him a dime a dozen adventurer, who got killed in the dungeon. Happens all the time, can't be helped, so nobody would suspect her or come after her. If Bell had survived, he would have naturally hunted her down, which can't be a part of anybody's plan. She didn't exactly pick his pocket this time.

I might have forgiven her if she was a child, but those breasts don't belong to a child. But whatever. Bell 'Jesus' Cranel forgave her, so that's all.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-11-2015, 03:05 AM
Lili actually expected him to escape, so she never intended to kill him. She's not as much of a scumbag as she appeared to be.
In addition to what Kraco said about the lures, Lili also mentally lumped him in with the other bastards from her Familia once she saw Bell and that other douchebag "conspiring".

She had every intention of getting him killed, knew he wouldn't survive once she stole his valuable equipment, and felt bad only when karma caught up to her and put her in the very same situation she put Bell into.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Except she literally told him to escape before she left him. It makes absolutely no sense to say this if she intended/wanted him to die. She knew his skills, and escaping is much easier than killing all the orcs.

MFauli
Mon, 05-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Except she literally told him to escape before she left him. It makes absolutely no sense to say this if she intended/wanted him to die. She knew his skills, and escaping is much easier than killing all the orcs.

So what was her plan for later then? Leave the country?

Kraco
Mon, 05-11-2015, 08:59 AM

While I do agree that it wasn't the typical mocking sarcastic line uttered by a character who managed to entrap another, I think it was a bit rarer sad sarcastic line of farewell. She was saying goodbye to him, but since she had to force herself to betray him (had to convince herself to do it; he's an evil adventurer just like the others), that line was just one more part of process of getting over the regret she felt. Maybe she even deep down hoped he might survive and punish her later, who knows how deep her regret was, but she didn't really believe it.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-11-2015, 09:24 AM
I'm pretty sure she wanted to run away after getting her freedom. So her plan was to delay him there, sell his sword (she even mentioned it would get a good price anywhere), pay off her debt, and live in peace somewhere far away. If you think of it that way, everything makes sense.

Kraco
Fri, 05-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Episode 8 - HS

- - - - -- -

I confess that during the beginning of the confrontation, when Bell was just standing still and would have been slain had Lili not pushed him aside, I was thinking what the hell is this and the dude shouldn't even try to be an adventurer. But then he snapped out of it, and then he snapped out of it for the second time when Aiz appeared rendering him again a weakling to be saved. After that the fight turned into one of the best 1 vs 1, human vs monster fights in anime. The will not to give up permeated throughout it, which I appreciate, plus it also reflected Bell's super fast learning ability when he little by little started to get through. The end, the explosion of the minotaur from the firebolts pumped into its abdomen, was a masterful finishing move, the kind you rarely see and especially not executed this well.

I wonder if Aiz is falling for him...

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Aiz already fell for him. During her discussion with Eina a little earlier (eps 6), it turned out that she's liked him for some time. Randomly saving him turned to pity at the pub after Bete's rant, which slowly turned into admiration when she repeatedly tried to find him and apologize.

The real question is did Riveria (being moderately dismissive before) and Bete (after slandering him so much before!) fall for him as well? I'd say yes.

Freya is one creepy skank. Hestia 4evah!

That said, Syr is no less sketchy than Freya. She's up to something no good. Ryuu at least admitted she was a former adventurer. Who the hell is Syr then?

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-22-2015, 10:17 PM
That episode was a masterpiece. That battle was one of the best in anime. It didn't involve random power ups, cheats, or help. All it took was one kid and his will to become a hero.

Bell, you're my hero. *claps hands*

Not to mention the animation and direction were top notch. Honestly, I think it rivals the best fights by Ufotable.

Was the all S ability ranking reflecting his exp gained from killing the beefed up minotaur?

I hate the animal eared dude. His character type is the most cliche, most stupid, and most unrealistic. I don't even want Bell to one up him. I just want him and his cliche lines gone.

David75
Sat, 05-23-2015, 12:21 AM
My problem with the fight was the horn stab.It really felt like he took a nearly lethal- at leat incapacitating- flank stab. But then it felt like a minor arm cut, as it didn't even limit his left arm mobility.
As for rank S, we'll have to wait a long time before we really understand all implications. We already know Bell is special, that rank reflects that.
Freya was ridiculous in that scene.
Aiz is level 6, ok big deal, but how does she compare to the guy who beefed up the minotaure for example ? A level alone, without comparison, is useless.

I liked the ep, just nipticking ;)

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-23-2015, 12:25 AM
Aiz was labeled to be unprecedented. That's a pretty obvious rating.

The horn stab was obviously on the arm, but I do agree that he shouldn't have been able to wield a blade with a punctured forearm.

Bell is special = S rank doesn't compute. He was C or lower in most of his attributes when he got his love skill. Now, he is S in ALL of them.

Ryllharu
Sat, 05-23-2015, 09:05 AM
His love skill is what makes him special. Hestia was pretty clear on it, even though it made her sad that his love isn't unconditional for her. It makes him grow extremely fast in order to catch up to Aiz.

He's rank S in everything because he's always been solo grinding. Lilli basically just picks up his loot and watches his blind spots. He had to play each any every role in all the fights he's ever been a part of, there's no making up for each other's lower proficiencies like they do in a party, so all his stats go up, with Agility topping out earliest.

His stats are a symptom of his specialness. His stats are always going to go up faster than a normal person's because he has to catch up to Aiz, who is already special and unique.

I think some of Loki's Familia was the most surprised that Bell was using spells without incantations, but more impressively, channeling them through his Hestia Knife. The first time he did it they were blown away.

MFauli
Sat, 05-23-2015, 07:43 PM
That episode was a masterpiece. That battle was one of the best in anime. It didn't involve random power ups, cheats, or help. All it took was one kid and his will to become a hero..

Except we know Bell has a special, "chosen-one" ability that gives him an unfair advantage over every other adventurer. Also, ignoring the former, beating a Minotaur by sheer will power is as "random" as it gets. Either it is bs, or it is a cheat. Iīm saying it is both (random will power for the typical shounen clichee, as well as being a cheater due to whatever Freya apparently did to him in the past).

Donīt get me wrong, I enjoyed this episode and battle. But I donīt think it was anything special in terms of animation or concept. I will also admit that I kinda resent Bell because of the Kirito-voice actor, in combination with having a whole harem of girls already.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-23-2015, 10:54 PM
The direction was great. If you didn't understand that, there's no helping you.

No random powerups, cheats, and outside help happened during the battle itself. He didn't beat the minotaur by willpower alone. The commentators (Loki party) actually broke the battle down. His blade, skills, magic, the things he learned from Aiz, all of those led to that win. All of that he had before the battle started, even the STR to use that giant sword (remember Hestia's cryptic comment before he left?). He just used them all to the max in one amazing performance. You can call it in the zone, and it was his sheer will that triggered/allowed it.

@Ryll - That's what I meant. If your post is addressing David's comment, then I agree.

David75
Sun, 05-24-2015, 02:59 AM
It's true that every fight, training and knowledge he accumulated allowed him to overcome that hurdle, but only with a strong will. And it was with almost no margin. So yes, it was carefully built and shown.Thanks for the input on the S attributes, although at times Bell feels more like a M :D

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-24-2015, 05:23 AM
I'm pretty confident that all the girls except Aiz and Hestia are S of varying degrees.

Loki probably wants to be one too, but Aiz is stronger than her.
:3

All of them aside from Aiz and Hestia take great pleasure in teasing him.

David75
Sun, 05-24-2015, 05:32 AM
Aizu confessed she enjoyed training bell. And it was mostly beating him around... To me it feels S to some degree...

Kraco
Sun, 05-24-2015, 05:33 AM
All of them aside from Aiz and Hestia take great pleasure in teasing him.

Yeah. Aiz only enjoys kicking the living daylights out of him, like we saw multiple times. For fairness sake she always gives him a lap pillow afterwards, though. Such a good girl.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-24-2015, 05:33 AM
I think it was more that she enjoyed spending time with him under some other pretext because she's really quite shy.

David75
Sun, 05-24-2015, 06:10 AM
More than shy, before seeing her faint blush, she felt a little like a bot or beefeed up NPC.... that she isn't of course. But I like to think she's an S and she doesn't know yet :D

Back to Syr, as she is depicted now, and since she's the one that gave the grimmoire to Bell, it becomes clear she's working with Freya. For what reasons and under which "contract/conditions" is yet to be seen.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-25-2015, 07:42 AM
Freya is one creepy skank.

Creepyskanks4lyfe

What I want to know now is how levels and attributes interact. Ryuu tells us it's not enough to keep killing monsters, but that's how you increase your parameters. So it means if you solo-grind without doing anything major you can be a Level1 with S-stats.

In terms of counterstrike, I guess that makes Bell a fragger, but not necessarily a winner (until recently).

As far as I'm concerned though, Bell's been saved twice this episode. Holding up an enemy while you recover counts as saving.

Kraco
Mon, 05-25-2015, 08:30 AM
As far as I'm concerned though, Bell's been saved twice this episode. Holding up an enemy while you recover counts as saving.

I don't think anyone there would be so petty they would make an issue out of that. Nobody else touched the minotaur, so it was all his.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-25-2015, 09:44 AM
The real fight began when he stood up after Aiz tried to save him. Everything else before that was just build up.

I love moments like these, like when Kaneki Ken decided to stop being a wuss in the manga.

Kraco
Fri, 05-29-2015, 02:24 PM
Episode 9 - HS

- - - - -

I don't quite understand why Lili doesn't quit the scumbag addict familia she belongs to and join Hestia's. Is there some rule forbidding it? Like one can't quite unless kicked out by the god/goddess? Those folks did absolutely nothing but abuse her, so what sort of hard M would she need to be to remain there? Sure, Hestia is so jealous that she probably wouldn't want to accept another girl who obviously likes Bell, but if Bell asked her to let Lili in, I doubt she would refuse. In the end Hestia is also relying on Lili to look after Bell. It's an absolute truth that two pairs of eyes is better than just one in the deep bowels of the dungeon.

The blacksmith dude seems like a decent fellow. Quite a romantic, which makes him a suitable party member for Bell's hero party.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 05-29-2015, 04:01 PM
I think the god needs to kick people out/transfer the status to another god. Something like that anyway.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Talk about OP skills.

Argonaut aka Plot Sword.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 05-30-2015, 04:16 AM
It is a bit of a too OP skill. I mean he already. He's pretty much a Saiyan already with that first skill. And now when he comes to face a monster that's too strong for him he has a one-shot one-kill move.

Ryllharu
Sat, 05-30-2015, 04:33 AM
My understanding was that when he comes across an overpowering enemy, there's a chance he might get the Argonaut skill to activate. Hestia said it is the possibility to overcome any obstacle.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-30-2015, 04:53 AM
It's either that when you use the skill it has a (30%?) chance of working, or that it's simply a single-use cannon that he has to aim well with.

Kraco
Sat, 05-30-2015, 05:07 AM
We have seen plenty of monsters that could one-shot kill Bell (and probably any human). Why is it such an overkill if Bell has such a skill, then, especially since it must come with some restrictions, like you speculated. The coached minotaur would have only needed a single successful hit to destroy Bell. In this ep it was the baby dragon's own fault it was such a big and easy target.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-30-2015, 07:01 AM
The thing is, Bell already has plot armor because he is the protagonist. Now he has a plot sword, which excuses the author from thinking up of good battles, like the last minotaur one. I'm not sure how this Argonaut skill will be used moving forward, but something as vague as that just sounds like lazy writing.

Kraco
Sat, 05-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Uh... We saw him slay a single stray opponent with the new skill. I wouldn't yet say that from now on we will have dungeon adventures where Bell is strolling forward all the way to the top of the tower one-shot killing all monsters left and right without breaking a sweat. I mean, we have had enjoyable episodes until now, so why would the author suddenly ruin everything intentionally? Have a little faith! I'm sure this is going according to the plan.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-30-2015, 09:29 AM
He already took the lazy way out with the dragon. I read LNs, and the trend is it goes downhill after the first few volumes. I'm not saying that is the case for DanMachi, but this Argonaut skill is a bad sign and could really have been something else completely.

MFauli
Sat, 05-30-2015, 10:15 AM
Letīs say it like it is: Danmachi is pretty much following the SAO route: Strong beginning, then itīs all downhill from there. Bell is pretty much a less confident version of Kirito, but heīs on his way to gather a harem, heīs getting cheat-like op-powers, and heīs special, BECAUSE.

Whatever. Iīll complain when it gets to the point where itīs worth to.

For now I want to know what happens when an adventurer dies (the whole thing is set up like an MMORPG, so is dying really dying or is there some sort of revival system in place? Earlier episodes implied that adventurers often die, but Iīd like some details) and how exactly the level system works. Apparently you gain status points without raising your level, so whatīs it good for? And what level is Aiz?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-30-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that when you die... you die.

Aiz is level 6 if I recall correctly.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-30-2015, 02:28 PM
@Mfauli - I don't understand how you thought there was a revival system of some sort. And didn't they explicitly show in this episode that leveling up gives you a sudden boost in performance? Bell had a full monologue about it.

MFauli
Sat, 05-30-2015, 03:19 PM
@Mfauli - I don't understand how you thought there was a revival system of some sort. And didn't they explicitly show in this episode that leveling up gives you a sudden boost in performance? Bell had a full monologue about it.

But how much of a boost? If itīs just like 10 days of regular grinding at once, itīs not that special. Right now it seems to be about prestige more than anything else.

And Iīve been and still am thinking about some sort of revival system, cause of how the whole series is set up. The mood and atmsophere feels too casual, too lighthearted. If people really die when theyīre defeated by monsters, and if that happens as often as implied, then adventurers, including Bell, should display a grimmer, more tense, more anxious look on their faces. Instead entering the dungeon looks like going on a sunday picnic trip.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-30-2015, 03:57 PM
It's everyday life for them. You expect them to be tense and on edge every single day? They are basically pros, so the risks aren't as big as you make them out to be. You shouldn't compare it to modern life where dying is reserved to illness and accidents.

About leveling up, it was pretty obvious that it was a significant boost, especially if Bell was surprised at how extensive it was ("Oh look, they are so slow! No wait, I'm just uber-fast). This is the guy who got stronger and leveled up faster than Aiz, one of the strongest people in their world, but he still thought that the level up was impressive.

Kraco
Sat, 05-30-2015, 04:19 PM
They are living in some ancient style world, with gods and monsters hanging around to boot. Human life can't be worth shit, so they make the best out of what they have got. Even more so, like I said before, because the economy of the city seems to depend on the crystals they harvest from the slain monsters. It's not so different from regular mines pre-19th/20th century. People were dying like cockroaches in them and nobody gave two fucks about it (as long as they weren't themselves sent to the death traps called mines). However, it looks like adventurers who actually pull it off live rather comfortably. Naturally not our main character (and his goddess) because in typical shounen stories the hero must always be dirt-poor and all the money just disappears somewhere. So, they live in that abandoned building.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 05-30-2015, 05:40 PM
But how much of a boost? If itīs just like 10 days of regular grinding at once, itīs not that special. Right now it seems to be about prestige more than anything else.

And Iīve been and still am thinking about some sort of revival system, cause of how the whole series is set up. The mood and atmsophere feels too casual, too lighthearted. If people really die when theyīre defeated by monsters, and if that happens as often as implied, then adventurers, including Bell, should display a grimmer, more tense, more anxious look on their faces. Instead entering the dungeon looks like going on a sunday picnic trip.

Hmm that weapon shop guy in Episode 2 gave Bell some liquid vials in the event someone dies... I thought maybe there was a revival system of some sort by the way that sounded. :/

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-30-2015, 05:52 PM
When did that god say anything about someone dying while handing Bell those vials?

Shadow Skill
Sat, 05-30-2015, 05:56 PM
Haha ok, nevermind me. I must have miss read it.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-30-2015, 10:27 PM
@MFauli:

1) Yes you can die, and this job is risky. Pace yourself so you don't expose yourself to more than you can handle. Accidents like Minotaurs escaping happens. That's an occupational hazard.

2) Bell's level 1>2 progress took 1.5 months while Aiz took 1 year (and everyone else took longer). That's the type of progress it is. I'm as curious as you about how levels impact on stats.

PS: I use the word stats to talk about agility, strength parameters. Skill and Ability are kind of ambiguous since they can sound like spells or powers.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 05-30-2015, 10:30 PM
@MFauli:

1) Yes you can die,

I was nodding like crazy up to this point. I still agree with the rest of your post, just not as much.

oyabun
Mon, 06-01-2015, 09:54 PM
I believe that in one of the episodes that Bell's parents was killed in the dungeon. Correct me if I'm wrong.

MFauli
Tue, 06-02-2015, 02:52 PM
wow, oyabun, super hot signature :>

Kraco
Fri, 06-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Episode 10 - HS

- - - - -

As far as I can see, things didn't turn out too easy for him even after acquiring the new one-hit kill skill. It doesn't exactly look like a skill he can continuously rely on, and there's very possibly a limit to how often he can use it. There might even be a big price.

Quite a good episode, especially with the need to head further down rather than risk trying to return up. It kind of makes sense that it's easier to continue down than get back. It's an evil place, after all, drawing you in but not letting you out.

Hestia personally going after Bell wasn't really surprising. I can't help but think she'll be totally useless. But it fits her personality 100%. Such a baka couple with Bell.

MFauli
Fri, 06-05-2015, 02:28 PM
Well, I dont like two gods entering the dungeon when itīs clearly forbidden. We KNOW that many adventurers died before, so "I had to save my familia" is no valid excuse. And once that flood gates are opened, why shouldnīt other gods regularly enter the dungeon? Its kinda dumb.

And realistically speaking, LOL NO, it does not "kinda of make sense" to go further down. Thereīs not a single wrpg where that kind of action would lead to success. The further you go, the more difficult it gets. And if Bell is strong enough to kill the lower level-monsters, he could even more easily kill the upper level-monsters.

The pass parade was super evil, though. Fuck the other group. Just how weak do they have to be, a group of 5-6 members, failing to stop these monsters?

On another note, no, Lilli, you were NOT lucky to survive that fall. You WERE lucky to FALL, because otherwise, like, 100 monsters would have jumped you. lol

Kraco
Fri, 06-05-2015, 04:11 PM
And realistically speaking, LOL NO, it does not "kinda of make sense" to go further down. Thereīs not a single wrpg where that kind of action would lead to success. The further you go, the more difficult it gets. And if Bell is strong enough to kill the lower level-monsters, he could even more easily kill the upper level-monsters.

I'm not sure you can use the words "realistically" and "rpg" in the same context. From what we've seen, it's not so hard to get down in the dungeon. I mean, to reach the middle levels, you have to go through a whole dozen of floors first. Every time. It doesn't look like the adventurers need to fight a thousand monsters every time they want to get to the place where they're planning to begin their actual adventure. From monsters' point of view, it makes sense to draw people deep in, and then slaughter them when they are desperately trying to get out. Aside from the occasional bosses that guard their own place. It obviously doesn't work like this in most games. I reckon it would frustrate players, possibly enough to uninstall the game.

The pass parade was super evil, though. Fuck the other group. Just how weak do they have to be, a group of 5-6 members, failing to stop these monsters?

It was a stupid group. Like we learned later, they had a couple of people who had any business being so deep, the others were beginners. I guess they were trying to power level the n00bs in group battles against enemies far too strong for them individually.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Argonaut already makes its appearance, just as I feared. It doesn't matter if it cannot be used repeatedly or has a price. They were supposed to die there, but he just one shots a GROUP of minotaurs, when just killing one (amped up but no one knew that) was supposed to be amazing enough that people don't believe him. If that is not an imba skill, what is? It's plot sword, plain and simple.

That said, I didn't dislike it as much as I thought I would. I mean, it was cool how he pwned everything.

They went down because it was closer. With the stink charm, it made perfect sense. It just ran out before they reached their goal.

Finally we get to see elf lady in action. I just love poker-faced kuuderes.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-06-2015, 02:52 AM
Firstly, it made sense to go down because like Kraco said it's easier to do so. You escape instant death trying to fight your way up to the top. Secondly, they were heading for level 18, which was supposed to be a safe haven. That's a big part of this plan - you're trapped down there, but you'd be safe until you can find help. They were betting on catching a ride back up with some strong members.

I never quite worked out whether a true minotaur was a red one, or whether it's any bull-headed humanoid. We saw the guy from a few episodes ago training a brown bull into a red one, but kept it on the same level. That suggests that it's the red bull that is dangerous, not so much a brown bull, and that Bell should have ran into one of those back in his lvl1 days anyway.

This episode supports my idea that the whole tavern is a guild that said "screw it" to dungeon life and lived a normal one instead. The alternative theory is that the tavern is an assorted group of ex-adventurers, with Hermes having to borrow one of his ex-members back from Mama. Given the way they obey Mama though, I'm more inclined to think she's the goddess of the Tavern Guild.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-06-2015, 06:03 AM
Yes, sometimes it is safer to charge forward than to back off. It's like situations where speeding up and crossing lanes to avoid a T-bone collision with a different car is the only way out. Is it dangerous as hell? Yes. You can't always stop in time, you can't always retreat.

As for Argonaut, I think it is pretty clear when it becomes available. It only appears in situations where Bell and his party are certain to die otherwise, through no fault of their own. I doubt it would be useful for rushing to the lower floors and trying to take down bosses.
- The first time, the dragon appeared out of nowhere and it was essentially a pass parade as well. The other group ran off, leaving Bell and Lili in an unavoidable crisis that they had no part in creating.
- This second time, they were actively trying to avoid monsters, and at the very moment their scent bag wore off, he was able to slay the first one on his own, but then reinforcements appeared just to fuck with them. If Welf was up to shape, it probably wouldn't have appeared.

Argonaut only seems to activate in situations where Bell is actively trying to help someone else, and it doesn't guarantee they won't just die the next encounter. He'd never be able to use it for his own benefit (i.e. leveling). I suspect deliberate misuse of it would invalidate his heroicness, and he'd die hoping in vain that it would appear at the last minute to save his ass.

I love that Hestia and Hermes both think glasses and a construction hardhat respectively are good enough disguises.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Argonaut only seems to activate in situations where Bell is actively trying to help someone else, and it doesn't guarantee they won't just die the next encounter. He'd never be able to use it for his own benefit (i.e. leveling). I suspect deliberate misuse of it would invalidate his heroicness, and he'd die hoping in vain that it would appear at the last minute to save his ass.

Still a cheat skill. He already had one. He didn't need this. It could've been more specific too. Saying that he can overcome insurmountable obstacles somehow isn't a well thought out mechanic.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 06-08-2015, 07:46 AM
I love that Hestia and Hermes both think glasses and a construction hardhat respectively are good enough disguises.

It worked for Superman for 80 years. :P

Ryllharu
Mon, 06-08-2015, 05:13 PM
Clark Kent also had different hair, which totally makes the difference. Hestia looks the same, and Hermes even put the same feather on his hardhat.

Good point, but a bit different.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-13-2015, 01:26 AM
HS - Episode 11 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=700615)

I'd pick Wallenwhatsit each time, every time. She even got jealous this episode :3 (though arguably, it was only when his All-S status was mentioned, so unfortunately for Bell her jealousy may not be romantic after all)

On second watch, she was only interested in how he got All-S after all.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-13-2015, 01:43 AM
Delicious wakiness. Wallenwhatsit for me as well, no matter how convenient her spawn location and rate are.

Kraco
Sat, 06-13-2015, 02:12 AM
On second watch, she was only interested in how he got All-S after all.

What? I find it hard to believe a cool type character like Aiz would bother to look after Bell that much and epecially make time to be in his company if she was only interesting in his levelling skills. Isn't Aiz level 6 or something herself? Bell's position in that sense wouldn't be overly relevant to her for a while now. Maybe when he gets a bit closer, provided he survives.

So, I'd say Aiz surely has other kinds of interests in him, even if she's a bit too dense and nonchalant to bother thinking about what he means to her. Let's not forget she doesn't dislike getting really close to him and touch him as well.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-13-2015, 02:44 AM
Aiz likes Bell, and thinks nothing of getting close to him. However at the same time she isn't self-aware of any romantic feelings, and also doesn't seem particularly bothered when other girls become clingy to him.

This is evident the first time the Argonaut-girls met him outside the tent. Aiz wasn't phased. Hestia barks at her. Wallenwhatsit doesn't give a shit. The second time they asked him how he got All-S, we get this:

http://i.imgur.com/2aUXyns.jpg

Aiz likes Bell no doubt, like every other female character does. I was referring to the above reaction (I'm curious!) being solely of the warrior kind.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-13-2015, 07:20 AM
Bell should smash his face into her braless boobs more.

MFauli
Sat, 06-13-2015, 07:51 AM
Bell should start being a man, fuck Hestia, the two brown skinned girls, the cat girl-maid, Aiz, and then Aphrodite.

Guess Ill have to wait for the doujin community to solve that :>

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-13-2015, 08:10 AM
Bell should start being a man, fuck Hestia, the two brown skinned girls, the cat girl-maid, Aiz, and then Aphrodite.

Guess Ill have to wait for the doujin community to solve that :>

You might have to wait some time. Literally EVERY doujin out there right now is still obsessed with Hestia.

MFauli
Sat, 06-13-2015, 08:12 AM
You might have to wait some time. Literally EVERY doujin out there right now is still obsessed with Hestia.

I know. And boring "happy sex", too :/

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Not really *cough* im totally not reading naughty stuff like that, just heard that there are others too.

MC is 14 btw if I'm not mistaken, he doesn't know how to handle girls yet. :D

MFauli
Sat, 06-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Im 29 and dont know how to handle girls, stop the excuses ...

:|

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-14-2015, 05:08 AM
Uhh...you do know what Hestia is the goddess of, right? What kind of goddess she is?

Clingy jealously and adorable fussing is as far as it will ever go.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 06-14-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't understand... is if that big guy is so concerned for his party/comrades, why didn't he stop and ask Bell's party if they could help and make their party bigger and more successful. Sounds like poor writing to me or a poor excuse for something larger in the grand scheme of things. That big guy strikes me as a selfish weak character who should be killed off in the next few episodes if that's his way of thinking about dungeon exploration I don't even see that attitude in most MMO I play. I find it odd that see that in this anime. Granted the anime and an MMO are far different. I just don't see the reasoning behind the big guy's selfish attitude which is obviously why his party was in danger in the first place. I hope the anime addresses that soon rather than let it it go cause I really want that big guy to be killed off.

Kraco
Sun, 06-14-2015, 05:09 PM
Like it was said, his own party was composed of a few character who were eligible for the middle levels and then amateurs who weren't. Maybe for some shock training? Bell's party was made of a young and naive looking dude, one dwarf supporter, and then finally a single man who looked outwardly worth something. The big guy's party was running past fast, so probably he thought Bell's party was worth nothing but the role of a temporary decoy at best. Two weaks put together doesn't make a strong.

MMOs are useless to mention. Players typically find the desire to win much much stronger than the desire to keep the character alive, since the character can be resurrected or respawns anyway, for some rather minor price at worst. These guys were thinking of their only lives, however. Getting into that fight might have doomed some of the n00bs at the very least.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 06-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Bell's party was half the size of the big guy's party... I am sure I would be thinking 'Wow those 3 are doing far better than the 5/6 of us have been doing.... we need HALP!' is what I would think. :/

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-14-2015, 06:43 PM
Most people think they can make amazingly logical decisions in life or death situations given limited time and information.

Until it actually happens.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-14-2015, 09:05 PM
The logical thing to do is to dump the enemies onto Bell's group to ensure maximal survival for the big guy's party. If we assume Bell's group is holding their own, clearly the running group isn't.

Fighting together runs the risk of dying together.. or losing a few of your own members.

High-tailing the hell out is the best way to go from an individual's perspective.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-14-2015, 10:50 PM
It sure is an evil one though.

Kraco
Mon, 06-15-2015, 02:20 AM
It sure is an evil one though.

Like Lili said earlier, all adventurers are evil (herself included).

The poor monsters are trying to live happily in the dungeon, yet every day the adventurers go down there to slaughter them for the crystals and rare ingredients.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-15-2015, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't like it either if people kept coming to slaughter me for my balls and rare ingredients.

I forgot how the whole Dungeon idea came about though. They weren't summoned, where they?

Kraco
Mon, 06-15-2015, 03:26 AM
Uhh...you do know what Hestia is the goddess of, right? What kind of goddess she is?

If you think about it like that, shouldn't Hestia actually welcome Bell forming a normal household with somebody steady?

I forgot how the whole Dungeon idea came about though. They weren't summoned, where they?

Has it even been explained? At the moment it seems to me like the various gods created the dungeon, the monsters, and the adventurer advancement (levelling and the magical skills) for their own amusement. Gods of the ancient polytheisms were usually quite selfish and capricious folks, so it would suit them. It all feels so technical and game like that it can't be anything natural. It's of course just another matter of everyday life for the people living there.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-15-2015, 03:32 AM
Has it even been explained?

I brought it up because we're exploring the monsters' well-being. It makes a slight difference between whether they were created for game, or if dungeons were indeed part of the natural order of this world.. like a jungle.

Kraco
Mon, 06-22-2015, 01:12 PM
Episode 12 - HS

-- - - ---

Looks like it might have been an exceptionally bad idea from the airhead goddess to use her divine power in the dungeon. It's hard to think the appearance of... whatever it is, wasn't connected to her totally unnecessary show of power. Normally I'd say even the gods had no idea, but since we are talking about Hestia, maybe they do have an idea, but Hestia is an exception with her skull full of fluff instead of brain matter. Perhaps the dungeon was created not by the gods but by some opposing force (like titans, devils, etc) and there was a deal the gods can't go there themselves, they may only send the adventurers. Though I suppose it could also have been a warning sent by the higher gods such as Zeus.

Bell got some nice eyefuls in this ep, nonetheless. Not that he would have had the guts to simply appreciate them, but that's his personality.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-22-2015, 01:48 PM
I love the fanservice for this show. It was tastefully hot and well-drawn. I need moar Aiz and Tanned Twins.

As if he weren't OP enough, Bell now has ninja senses. That entire fight made no sense whatsoever.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-26-2015, 04:16 PM
DanMachi - 13 HS (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=705243)

Glad to see the elf going all out but to be honest the ending kinda diminished Bell's achievements to me.

Kraco
Fri, 06-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Maybe it's a good thing this ended here and now. What would they make Bell fight the next time? His powering up speed is so high that anything less than a huge dragon wouldn't suffice. He's speeding past the likes of Aiz. This is like Nanoha or something, where the old heroines were no good because no believable opponents could be invented anymore. Those who called his new skill OP were apparently right. Now we are spared of an embarrassing continuation.

A pretty funny show all in all. The meme it generated was no less funny.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-26-2015, 06:37 PM
It's a good thing his OP skill needs a pretty damn long time to charge depending on how much stronger the monster is.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 06-26-2015, 10:16 PM
I still want a Season Two so Ouka can be killed off. :P

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-27-2015, 05:51 AM
Elf's chant was cool, as was the Gravity crusher. Bell's was actually the most boring attack of them all.

So it turns out Bell's grandfather was Zeus. That completely explains why he says it's okay to pick up girls in dungeons! XD

The biggest achievement of this anime was for generating Hestia merchandise, official or otherwise.

Kraco
Sat, 06-27-2015, 07:35 AM
The biggest achievement of this anime was for generating Hestia merchandise, official or otherwise.

What kind of an achievement is that supposed to be? Many measly shows have generated merchandise. The biggest achievement, with no doubt, was that ribbon. A huge amount of fanart of unrelated characters sporting a ribbon like Hestia's suddenly appeared. And as if that wasn't enough, lots of cosplayers went out to test how unwieldy it is in reality, even though I doubt they all could have had interest in the character otherwise. Not even 1 out of 100 shows can pull of something like that.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-27-2015, 10:33 AM
I put fanart of Hestia in the merchandise section. You can count unrelated characters if you want to I suppose.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 06-27-2015, 10:37 PM
I called Argonaut being OP and a tool for lazy writing, and it proved to be so.

Still, it was a pretty decent ending. I watched this after the UBW epilogue, so I am giving it some leeway to account for momentary bias.

I am actually a fan of OP protagonists. I just don't like it when their OPness is so ill-defined. Argonaut basically means he can nuke any boss given enough charging time. Bell never runs out of good will, so that condition is practically solid.

In any case, it was a good series overall. Why? The character designs. Most of the girls were really well done, especially the main ones. Bell himself is the generic goody-2-shoes character, but with all the "edgy" ones we have been getting recently, the cliche actually became a breath of fresh air. A genuine, initially underdog good guy one cannot help but root for. Oh, and the waki-centric clothes. Awesome.

I will surely buy the LNs that go past the anime storyline. I hear the minotaur fight was actually better in the light novel, so I may get that too once it comes out.

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 06-28-2015, 04:24 AM
While I enjoyed this show, I can't say there was anything too memorable. There were some good fights, and I liked the characters, but they just didn't do a great job building a plot to go with them.

If anything, the boob ribbon is the most impactful thing to come out of DanMachi.

Munsu
Thu, 08-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Just watched the first 3 episodes of this series, and this has turned out better/more fun than I anticipated. I think I should be done by tonight or tomorrow.

Anyways, for those interested there's an upcoming spinoff series Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria that seems slated for next year:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-06/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-sword-oratoria-spinoff-novels-get-tv-anime/.99473

There's also an OVA coming out this December from the main sequence:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-08-10/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-ova-slated-for-december-7/.105225

Anyways, hope to finish this series soon.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 08-11-2016, 02:47 PM
This is good. Climaxes midway.

MFauli
Thu, 08-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Like so many anime, this one has a good core, but the moment you start "*thinking* about it, it falls apart. Another gay hero whoīs surrounded by hot girls that want him.

KrayZ33
Thu, 08-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Another gay hero whoīs surrounded by hot girls that want him.

Actually, the show is called like that because he's actively trying to pick up girls by being a badass... and he's actually trying to get that n'Ais ass too, he's just not as bold as grown ups.
Maybe because he's 14 and 2 years younger than the sword princess?

maybe he should try this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYYfjFtYGsY

Would've been better if they were older, but the Harem side of things was mildly interesting at best. It's all about dem sweet level-ups and stat-gains in this show. Pretty much the opposite of SAO.

This show's climax somwhere at the midway point however is probably one of the best and most satisfying I've seen though. Shit was so epic that I bought 1 of the Novels solely because of that.
The ending however was really "meh" at best. It might have been an Anime-Original or something like that... I don't know.

Kraco
Thu, 08-11-2016, 04:35 PM
Although I'm not fan of harems and even less of indecisive main characters, I don't have problems with Danmachi. I very well understand how Bell wants to get stronger, to stand beside her, not behind her, before hitting on Aiz. He also wants to keep Hestia his goddess, not his lover. There's nothing wrong about that. It's a good sign he's actually selective about his women, not just super dense, miraculously not noticing all the characters wearing a skirt are after his pants. My impression was that he was mainly after Aiz. He's just so shy, polite, and not realising his own power (and thus being too modest), that he's not very good at friendzoning girls.

Munsu
Fri, 08-12-2016, 10:53 PM
So I finished this last night...

Overall, mix feelings. It ended up being much better than I anticipated, but at the same time it was a letdown after my first impression. Much of it though is because the last arc is quite weak, and overall the series didn't really end up having a point/goal to it as it's left off quite unfinished and not following throw on what was introduced.

The Minotaur fight was great though.

Hope to see a continuation at some point... guess we'll have to see what is offered in the spin-off and the OVA.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-12-2016, 11:04 PM
Middle climax = premature ejaculation. Nuff said.

Spin off is Aiz POV and quite boring I imagine.

Kraco
Sat, 08-13-2016, 01:14 AM
I haven't been finding the Aiz manga boring at all, but of course that doesn't automatically mean the anime would be a success.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 08-14-2016, 11:22 PM
I want more Bell stories and adventures. :/

Kraco
Thu, 12-15-2016, 05:11 AM
Danmachi Onsen OVA 1080p (https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=880533) | 720p (https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=880534) - Kametsu

- - - - - - - - -

Quite a regular fanservice ova with a bit of fighting. It wasn't bad, although obviously nothing spectacular either. Hestia was being very much Hestia throughout it.

Kraco
Sun, 04-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Sword Oratoria 01

I actually watched the BakedFish release of this episode due to the HS version having imported the shitty subtitles formatting from the original source. BakedFish v2 had corrected that.

- -- - - - - -

While the main show concentrates on the n00b and his troubles to level up from the bottom, this spinoff is looking at the top players and their struggles against the top monsters. Or at least it should be. However, to be honest, I might be more interested in seeing Aiz interacting with Bell from Aiz's perspective. She's my favourite girls of the story, after all. I don't care if she's plain and boring in many people's opinion.

And yeah, you can't see the minotaur battle from too many perspectives.

MFauli
Sun, 04-16-2017, 03:30 PM
That's my problem with this first episode: Aiz is boring and if the entire anime is focused on her, I don't think it'll be anywhere as good as the original anime. Tbh I don't understand why they didn't make a proper 2nd season. Bell's story is FAR from over and it was all god and exciting. No reason for such an experiment. :/

And I didn't like the bullshit levels in this episode. First we see the monsters' acid cut through massive rocks. Then the boob twin is completely drenched in that same acid and only suffers some skin burns. sigh

And FUCK that magician girl. What was her fucking problem? She had all the time to finish her incantation, but instead of just saying the words, she stopped and started whining ... like a self-fulfilling prophecy, because OFC it wouldn't work if you simply choose not to do it >_<

Last scene was the best part, when Aiz and Bell met. I guess it's hopeless to expect this anime to drive forward the main story. Instead it's basically a re-telling of season 1, from Aiz' perspective.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-16-2017, 03:52 PM
And I didn't like the bullshit levels in this episode. First we see the monsters' acid cut through massive rocks. Then the boob twin is completely drenched in that same acid and only suffers some skin burns. sigh
You didn't forget all the adventurers have divine protection? The tattoos on their backs grant them power remotely from their Familia's patron deity.

Gods literally walk the earth and contract with mortals as part of some "bargain" where the adventurers go into the dungeon for the gods. Hestia and Hermes broke that covenant when she went after Bell, and the dungeon responded accordingly.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-16-2017, 05:49 PM
I just hope that this show will actually follow Aiz and not miss "thousand elf"

You must have forgotten about the stats, , gear, skills and spells each adventurer has.
This show is basically about an MMO.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-16-2017, 09:46 PM
Aiz is love. Aiz is life. Too boring for you? Go find a yandere somewhere. At my age, I'm happy with stability.

When I watched the first season I thought they top dogs were pretty arrogant in saying "Oh so sorry you got hurt, it was totally my fault you got owned by the Minotaur. I should have had that, being lvl5 and all. My bad."

But from this perspective.. yeah, it's partially their fault. Guess Induce Fear is a passive ability :P.

Kraco
Mon, 04-17-2017, 03:51 AM
Last scene was the best part, when Aiz and Bell met. I guess it's hopeless to expect this anime to drive forward the main story. Instead it's basically a re-telling of season 1, from Aiz' perspective.

I won't spoil anything, but assuming this follows the manga, this will indeed drive forward the larger story. Not Bell's tiny, personal story, but the huge shit that's going on in that world. Bell never really saw much of it so far, being such a low-level adventurer. So, no, this isn't really a retelling of the main story since we never saw the stuff that happens in this story as Bell wasn't a part of it. But that depends on what this anime concentrates on and how much they will animate. The only retellings should be the parts where Bell was spending time with Aiz.

MFauli
Mon, 04-17-2017, 04:26 AM
But I liked Bell :/

Kraco
Fri, 04-21-2017, 12:28 PM
Episode 2

- - -- - - -

This could afford to pick up the pace somewhat. Maybe it will from now on.

MFauli
Sat, 04-22-2017, 01:57 AM
Not a fan of all the fan-service. The overlapping with S1 was, again, the best part of the episode. I hope they start focusing on that instead of "how can I cheer up my idiol?!"

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-23-2017, 06:08 AM
Soo... Wallenstein's @

D555 - STR
D547 - VIT
A825 - DEX
A822 - AGI
A899 - Magic (woot, magic super high)

Bell is said to be @ "all S rank", which means he's way higher in terms of stats than Ais already.

How do these Ranking systems in games normally work.
It's F E D C B A - S -SS -SSS?

Are there variations that go lower/higher? Like going down to G or H... or higher to Alpha/Beta etc.? It's obviouly just "game stuff" where game designers wanted to have a wider ranking system-range or something. But I wonder what types of rankings J-RPGs normally use. All I know/have seen is the typical F to A to S to SSS from MGS/DMC etc.

So, this means, Bell's stats are either S900+ or S100 or something, depending on whether the letters before the stats reset the counter or not. I really need to take a look @ the early Danmachi episodes to compare it, I love that kind of stuff.

edit: Wow... in Episode 1, Bell started with I-90 and H-150 etc.... that means he eclipsed all of the other adventures in mere days. I know, he has this special trait/skill, but that's some serious development, he's already stronger than the strongest.

I guess this means the letters don't reset the stat counter,
I-0/100
H-101/200
G-201/300
F-301/400
E-401/500
D-501/600
C-601/700
B-701/800
A-801/900

S-901/1000

I would be freaking mad at him after that Minotaur scene... I wouldn't be pumped to train (like Ais and the Cat Guy etc), I'd be calling him a cheater :O. They were showing way to little interest in him aftewards imho.

Kraco
Sun, 04-23-2017, 07:01 AM
You can't directly compare Bell to Aiz yet because of the vast level difference. Those stats seem to be somehow tied to the level. I don't remember that well anymore. Maybe the adventurers level up when the stats hit 1000? Then the stats reset and begin a new climb up. If Aiz is level 5 and Bell is lvl 1/2, it's like heaven and earth, regardless of the stats numbers.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-23-2017, 08:05 AM
You know, judging from this screenshot, it really suggests the stats reset on levelling up.

http://i.imgur.com/CDFT0d2.jpg

Also, Aiz is second to Hestia for showing her back, but don't mind me. I like her back.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-23-2017, 10:57 AM
I guess that makes sense, which means they are really suprised about how fast he managed to level up his stats and thus gain a new level.
Once they reach the 900+ range, the character is eligible for a level up or something.
Which means it's not like they try to catch up to him, but instead just stay ahead of him.

That would explain their behaviour a whole lote better. Especially Cat Guy's and Ais'.

Kraco
Sun, 04-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Aiz is envious of Bell's vigor and levelling speed, sure, but it's more because she herself lost that super drive than being worried about Bell catching up. I dare say Aiz would love to go on an expedition with Bell, if only Bell was strong enough.

The wolf dude, sure, if that's who you are referring to. It would be a nightmare for him if Bell caught up.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-23-2017, 12:40 PM
Oh that dude is a doggie? I always thought he had Cat ears.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-24-2017, 06:34 AM
Aiz is envious of Bell's vigor and levelling speed, sure, but it's more because she herself lost that super drive than being worried about Bell catching up.

According to this episode she's always been diving head first to gain xp. Bell levelling up so quickly is due to his drive, but that's his unique ability. Fighting monsters without drive should get you levelling up for another person as long as you farm the numbers.

The conversations amongst the lvl6 suggest that reaching a plateau is the norm, and to break the lvl6 barrier after plateauing you'll have to perform a great feat. Aiz did that back in episode 7 or something in the Bell-version.

edit: Oh and as for Bete, I always thought he was a dog because he's a guy, and he barks so fucking much.

Kraco
Fri, 04-28-2017, 02:29 PM
Episode 3

- - - - - - -

I was mistaken: This isn't Sword Oratoria, this is Useless Elf Oratoria.

David75
Fri, 04-28-2017, 02:34 PM
Exactly my thougts.
2 eps of that was already slow.
Seems we will get some kind of plot next...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-28-2017, 11:08 PM
So Concurrent Chant is a mega huge deal. They told us that already when elf-maid danced in front of the giant last season while changing a wind barrage spell, but what we're now told for certain is that most people can't even move while chanting.

That alone should put elf-maid in the level 5 tier I reckon.

Kraco
Sat, 04-29-2017, 02:35 AM
It seems to be highly useful, but I reckon it's not tied to the level, perhaps only intelligence, experience, and hard training. It's pretty weird how such a thing isn't more common, but then again, most adventurers don't try to descent to the deeper, more challenging floors and can get away with less. It alone certainly woudn't give Lefiya a power boost, though, as her uselessness makes her only level 1 equal, no matter how great her theoretical power or the unique skill.

MFauli
Sat, 04-29-2017, 05:21 AM
Lefiya is the worst anime-character in a long time. On top of that, the way she cast that spell was so ridiculously over the top, it felt like a parody, as if I were watching Rikka.

Canīt say I like this anime so far. Itīs a lesbian romance-show at the moment more than anything else. Sucks, because experiencing the season 1 story from a different point of view could have been really interesting.

Kraco
Fri, 05-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Episode 4

- - - - - - - -

Finally the shit is starting to creep so near the fan that the useless elf can't anymore ruin the atmosphere, although you can't blame her for a lack of trying. Loki is a funny goddess, so it's nice she's getting so much time in this spinoff.

The boss hobbit knows his troops well, clearly, when he laconically stated that none of the ladies would be capable of seducing men. At least one of them was able to seduce a boy, even if she didn't realise it herself.

MFauli
Fri, 05-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Maybe the worst episode, yet. This anime is fan-service driven, it makes me wanna vomit. Half the episode was boob-jokes about the big-boobed sister and men being pervy useless idiots. Then another female character got introduced and we get more of the same monsters. *yawn*

Incredible how itīs even possible to go from the interesting first season to this super crap 2nd season. Fuck this anime, fuck the makers.

Kraco
Fri, 05-05-2017, 05:12 PM
This isn't a second season. I think I've said it before. This is a spinoff. Of course it's going to be different.

The main show was also full of stupid stuff. Maybe you don't just remember it anymore or you personally didn't mind.

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-05-2017, 05:19 PM
The first "season" was just as much fanservice...

MFauli
Fri, 05-05-2017, 05:20 PM
The main series mainly showed the progression of an adventurer. This spin-off mostly shows lesbian romance, boobs and cheaply thought out scenarious leading to, again, lesbian romance and boobs.

KrayZ33
Fri, 05-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Must've watched a different episode then or something, because this one was far more interesting than any of of the main series.
I expected some heavy fanservice and no story development after your comment (hot spring episode or something, especially after they mentioned spending the night at the Inn), but that wasn't the case either.

MFauli
Sat, 05-06-2017, 01:48 AM
They pretty much turned an ominous murder case into a hotspring-episode with all their comments about boobs, flat chests and stripping all the women of the village off their clothes.

If you found this episode more interesting than any episode of s1, for example the episode where the hero is forced to go to a deeper level because a horde of strong enemies is coming up from behind, then thatīs a really odd opinion.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-06-2017, 04:18 AM
30s of comedy in a show that always had comedy in it "ruined" it? Especially in a fanservice heavy one like DanMachi?
This episode alone had more story to it than the whole main series.

On top of that, what is "interesting" in them running away from monsters?

Shadow Skill
Thu, 05-11-2017, 08:51 PM
You know, judging from this screenshot, it really suggests the stats reset on levelling up.

http://i.imgur.com/CDFT0d2.jpg

Also, Aiz is second to Hestia for showing her back, but don't mind me. I like her back.

Not sure, even in the Light Novels it is not explained clearly how their stats work on a level up. I suspect their base stats are there and present, just not visible on the level 2 sheet. I can't see them entering the dungeon with 0 stats, that's like asking to be killed and they do not start over at floor 1. I suspect their base level stats are there and maybe build on to their current level kind of like a passive skill or in this case passive hidden stats.

Kraco
Fri, 05-12-2017, 02:36 AM
Not sure, even in the Light Novels it is not explained clearly how their stats work on a level up. I suspect their base stats are there and present, just not visible on the level 2 sheet. I can't see them entering the dungeon with 0 stats, that's like asking to be killed and they do not start over at floor 1. I suspect their base level stats are there and maybe build on to their current level kind of like a passive skill or in this case passive hidden stats.

Of course they are. A level 2 character is automatically stronger than a level 1 character, on a theoretical level at least, as individual skills, bravery, battle sense, and wits naturally differ between people (as the useless elf is demonstrating to us every time). These stats are more like exp divided to different categories, and they need to be filled up before levelling up can happen.

MFauli
Fri, 05-12-2017, 02:19 PM
episode 5 is out
-----------------

so boring :/ Every time someone in this anime says "oh no, im about to die, this was it ...?", you KNOW itīs not gonna happen. Because NOBODY on the good guysī side ever dies, unless it happens as part of first or last episode. God, the battles are so drab in this anime. Aizī battles are boring, too, because itīs just slashing enemies with super ease, no effort in it at all.

Also, Iīm very curious if the assassin/tamer girl gets to live. Sheīs got a quality design and is female, so this points towards her surviving. Which would be utter bullshit. She murdered at least one innocent guy. Fuck her. She should be killed or at least spend 20+ years in prison.
But I have a feeling sheīll be be forgiving because of apologizing at some point and joining the heroes. Fuck this.

Kraco
Fri, 05-12-2017, 05:10 PM
This episode was about Aiz getting depressed because she couldn't simply handle a fight by slashing enemies with super ease. This story is far more complex than the main story, but maybe it just doesn't suit your tastes because it's not about Bell.

The only thing that bothers me greatly is the bloody useless elf who is always there to make things more difficult for the others. It would have been so satisfying if she had got eaten by a monster.

Kraco
Sat, 05-20-2017, 03:09 AM
Episode 6

- -- - -- --

The less useless elf an episode has, the better it is.

All in all it's interesting to watch Aiz pondering other stuff than just fighting and getting stronger. Naturally it's Bell that bothers her the most. It's funny that witnessing Bell having got so much stronger so quickly affected her more than hearing she levelled up herself. With this slow pace, who knows if we get to see the minotaur fight again. It would be a pity if we don't. Maybe it's in the last ep.

KrayZ33
Sat, 05-20-2017, 03:41 AM
I sure hope so! That's basically why I'm watching this!

Pacing wise, next ep or the ep after should be the minotaur fight.
Next ep will certainly feature their training session though.

I think this show is quite interesting, seeing how much goes on behind the scenes and the way it connects to the main series.

Kraco
Fri, 05-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Episode 7

-- - - - - -

Pacing wise, next ep or the ep after should be the minotaur fight.
Next ep will certainly feature their training session though.

Now you know why I was wondering about it. This is a totally different show from the main one because the bigger things are shown here, not in Bell's small circles as Bell is far too weak to face shit like this. Since I don't read the original novels (assuming they are even translated) I don't know when Bell joins the center, but I guess he woud have to sooner or later, being the main character of the main story. But waiting for that, waiting for him to grow great, we are seeing these preludes from other people's perspectives.

Unfortunately high amounts of useless elf in this episode. At least there's Acceler... Bete to make things more interesting.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-28-2017, 05:47 AM
Finn's fight from 2 episodes ago was the best fight so far. Thinking during a fight is the most entertaining (aside from being OP as fuck and just blowing shit up with a catchy BGM).

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Episode 09

------------------

HAHAHAHAHA, Aiz just wants to get stronger and doesn't give a shit about Bell romantically. This goes beyond friendzoning.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 06-10-2017, 08:05 AM
Episode 09

------------------

HAHAHAHAHA, Aiz just wants to get stronger and doesn't give a shit about Bell romantically. This goes beyond friendzoning.

If they ever decide to animate the other volumes, there is a funny moment concerning this. :)

Kraco
Sat, 06-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Aiz just wants to get stronger and doesn't give a shit about Bell romantically. This goes beyond friendzoning.

It has been evident for a long time that Aiz has troubles with human emotions and is interested in very few things aside from getting stronger. It's not like one Bell appearing would suddenly change something that has been going on for a long time. However, she is paying Bell more attention out of a purely personal interest than pretty much any other character. It might not be due to anything romantic, but it's still a change for her.

It's a pity this episode once again concentrated so much on the useless elf. I guess it's because they didn't want to repeat anything from the original show, but it doesn't change the unfortunate fact it's all aggravating wasted time. I wonder if there's even a 2% minority among the audience who would enjoy watching that dumb character.

KrayZ33
Sun, 06-11-2017, 01:53 PM
I'm starting to doubt whether we'll actually see the Minotaur scene :(

Kraco
Sun, 06-11-2017, 02:43 PM
I'm starting to doubt whether we'll actually see the Minotaur scene :(

I reckon this season might end with it. They cut out a sizable portion of the previous arc, which saved them a couple of eps at least (and allowed them to make this anime more children friendly).

Munsu
Mon, 06-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Just caught up to episode 9 of Oratoria, and I like revisiting this world... but man, the main character in this one sucks major ass. Can we kill her already? I'm sure it'll give Ais good development.

Kraco
Fri, 06-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Episode 10

- - -- --

I feel like I could never predict how this compares to the manga adaptation. Certainly they kept skipping a lot more material. The manga took its sweet time to get to the minotaur fight, but this passed the whole thing very quickly. That being said, this has now gone past the scanlation, so for the first time I don't anymore know what's going to happen next. That's at least good. I hope the rest won't be wasted on the useless elf.

Munsu
Fri, 06-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Episode 10

- - -- --

I feel like I could never predict how this compares to the manga adaptation. Certainly they kept skipping a lot more material. The manga took its sweet time to get to the minotaur fight, but this passed the whole thing very quickly. That being said, this has now gone past the scanlation, so for the first time I don't anymore know what's going to happen next. That's at least good. I hope the rest won't be wasted on the useless elf.

Yes, no more useless elf... or at least I hope she at minimum redeems herself somehow, but I don't think that's possible.

In any case, cool to see the Minotaur fight again. I think that was my highlight of the first series.

KrayZ33
Sat, 06-17-2017, 03:52 PM
asdgasdgvadv....

Meeeh, the original Minotaur fight was like 500 times better and then some, the music had no impact at all this time around.

And that's not due to me having it seen several times already, I can watch that (original version) scene like 20 times in a row and still think it's cool.

Munsu
Fri, 06-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Episode 11:
https://nyaa.si/view/933091/torrent

What a fucking boring episode. One more episode to go, and it has all the ingredients for an underwhelming rushed ending. And all that crap about level 59, no one has come here but the gods and what not, and the journey was incredibly easy. What a waste of an episode.

Kraco
Mon, 06-26-2017, 05:29 PM
And all that crap about level 59, no one has come here but the gods and what not, and the journey was incredibly easy. What a waste of an episode.

Yeah, the useless elf of all people was one-shotting a whole swarm of the fire dragons with an area of effect fire spell. You'd think fire dragons had some resistance to their own element. It's ridiculous how easy it all looked and thus had to be.

The best part of the ep was everybody being inspired by a level 1 youth.

KrayZ33
Tue, 06-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Her spells are arcane though aren't they? I mean, she calls forth ancient spirits and elven ancestors.

MFauli
Tue, 06-27-2017, 10:36 AM
Even without the last episode I can say:

Worst 2nd season of an anime ever. Season 1 was a nice adventure story. Season 2 was a lesbian fangirl story with no exciting battles at all, because Ais and everybody else were always overpowered as hell.

Also, Lefiya is the most annoying character in a long time. Impressive.

Munsu
Tue, 06-27-2017, 11:24 AM
Even without the last episode I can say:

Worst 2nd season spin-off of an anime ever. Season 1 was a nice adventure story. Season 2 was a lesbian fangirl story with no exciting battles at all, because Ais and everybody else were always overpowered as hell.

Also, Lefiya is the most annoying character in a long time. Impressive.

Fixed it for you. But I wouldn't go that far.

Kraco
Tue, 06-27-2017, 01:48 PM
There was only one thing wrong about it, and it was the high concentration of the useless elf. Otherwise one could call this almost necessary as it teaches things about the world the main series never did due to Bell being such a low level character in low level circles.

Total disaster seasons are like Log Horizon season 2.

MFauli
Tue, 06-27-2017, 07:19 PM
Wat?!

Log Horizon S2īs problem was that we never got a S3. If it head continued, S2 would have been a perfectly fine transitioning season.

This 2nd season of Danmachi, however, was entirely pointless and boring to watch. Again, not a single exciting fight because all the good guys are overpowered. Compare to this to s1, where EVERY fight was exciting, because Bell was super weak and had you wonder "how will he overcome this danger?".
Cannot accept anybody defend this shitty 2nd season (or defending it by calling it a "spin-off". It takes place in the same fucking location at the some fucking time ...)

Shadow Skill
Tue, 06-27-2017, 08:36 PM
Uhh.. why are you all comparing this to Season 1? This is a spin off for the Sword Princess. That's why she is the main focus. What were you some of you expecting? Another season focused on Bell? I wish they make a second season soon. The Light Novels are pretty fun.

Munsu
Tue, 06-27-2017, 09:53 PM
Uhh.. why are you all comparing this to Season 1? This is a spin off for the Sword Princess. That's why she is the main focus. What were you some of you expecting? Another season focused on Bell? I wish they make a second season soon. The Light Novels are pretty fun.

I hate to correct someone again, but... Who's the MAIN focus? The Sword Princess it ain't.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 06-27-2017, 10:48 PM
I hate to correct someone again, but... Who's the MAIN focus? The Sword Princess it ain't.

Oh? Show some facts with that correction. She is the main focus, even the name says it...

This SPIN OFF is to flesh her out and some of familia. Nothing more.

Munsu
Tue, 06-27-2017, 10:52 PM
Oh? Show some facts with that correction. She is the main focus, even the name says it...

This SPIN OFF is to flesh her out and some of familia. Nothing more.

Na', the main focus is that shitty elf that has taken all the screen time away from her... a complete shame.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 06-27-2017, 10:53 PM
Na', the main focus is that shitty elf that has taken all the screen time away from her... a complete shame.

HAHAH! I suppose that is true to an extent that she did have a lot of screen time for being a side character.

I stand corrected :)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-01-2017, 07:01 AM
Episode 12

-----------------

Well that's that. The conclusion barely answered anything. There's overall enough Aiz eyecandy and lore-expanding to warrant watching this if you were into Dan Machi. Otherwise it's pretty passable.

Kraco
Sat, 07-01-2017, 11:40 AM
The pacing was pretty weird in the last grand battle. Aiz spent most of it standing still and staring into nothingness. Sure, they reserved for her the role of the last, decisive strike, but getting rid of some lesser monsters and tentacles wouldn't tire her out or endanger her. Another oddity happened when it finally was Aiz's turn: The others suddenly stopped doing anything, except for the useless elf who managed to fire a single spell (how on Earth she did get herself in such a sorry state before that is a mystery). The others did nothing to distract the corrupt spirit, thus allowing it to concentrate solely on Aiz and finish its spells. I hope the manga will present this fight in a manner that makes more sense.

I have never seen the point of thanking someone like Aiz did the useless elf in the beginning of the last scene. Why does she need to thank someone for doing her part in a battle? It was the useless elf's duty to participate as much as she could in defeating the enemy. That's why they were there. Aiz should have just praised her for a job well done. Thanking her would mean she never considered the useless elf a real part of the group, just an extra, so anything the elf did was a separate service. Aiz clearly wouldn't think like that, so the gratitude was misplaced.

MFauli
Sat, 07-01-2017, 01:33 PM
What a shitty finale. This series was soooo boring, because nothing of consequence ever happened. FFS, I feel dumb for believing for a second that the magic elf and the dward might be dead. No, of course not, they stand up like nothing ever happened.

I donīt understand what audience this shit is for. Even Disney-movies arenīt that meaningless. When nothing important ever happens, why feel excitement at all? When I saw that final boss monster, all I thought was "okay, and now theyīll kill it and thatīs that." And thatīs exactly what happened. No consequences, no drama, no twists, no nothing. Fuck this shit.

And fuck Lefiya. What a fucking tragedy of a character. Sheīs not even hot, so I cannot even enjoy the inevitable rape-h-doujins featuring her. Fuck her. Boring, annoying, dumb. So dumb. If at least she was openly lesbian with Ais, but no, she cannot say ore than "can i follow you forever?". Shut up! tell Ais "I love you" and see what happens. But ... OH NO, that would meean CONSEQUENCES! Cannot have consequences in this anime. Fuck this. Fuck my life. Fuck I dont know why Im so angry, lol. Fuck :D

Munsu
Sat, 07-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Cannot accept anybody defend this shitty 2nd season (or defending it by calling it a "spin-off". It takes place in the same fucking location at the some fucking time ...)

Yeah... still makes it a spin-off...

shinta|hikari
Sat, 07-01-2017, 03:04 PM
In fact, a new story within the same location and the same time frame but with different characters can't be called a sequel...

MFauli
Sat, 07-01-2017, 04:09 PM
It also cannot be called a spin-off, when it features the same main characters.

Munsu
Sat, 07-01-2017, 04:24 PM
It also cannot be called a spin-off, when it features the same main characters.

Even if we accept that premise, this doesn't feature the same main characters to begin with...

MFauli
Sat, 07-01-2017, 04:28 PM
It doesnīt focus on them. But theyīre there, too, and theyīre the inspiration for the final boss fight.

But I donīt want to call it a sequel nor spin-off. Letīs call it what it was: Shit.

KrayZ33
Sun, 07-02-2017, 04:50 AM
It doesnīt focus on them. But theyīre there, too, and theyīre the inspiration for the final boss fight.

But I donīt want to call it a sequel nor spin-off. Letīs call it what it was: Shit.

Spin Off doesn't mean they can't be featured, it just means they focus on side characters.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 02-15-2019, 11:56 PM
I'm so happy now.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2019-02-15/is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon-anime-2nd-season-premieres-this-summer/.143517

Kraco
Sat, 02-16-2019, 02:05 AM
Yes, that's indeed positive news. Plenty of good characters in this show.

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-16-2019, 03:54 AM
there is a movie comming up too if I remember correctly.

edit: oh should've read the article

shinta|hikari
Sat, 02-16-2019, 01:44 PM
The novels are much better.

MFauli
Sat, 02-16-2019, 03:35 PM
ReZero S2 when :/

Munsu
Sat, 06-29-2019, 01:23 AM
In 2 weeks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNQjlePaV2c

Kraco
Sat, 07-06-2019, 02:15 PM
00 is a recap. There's nothing new, aside from the narration by Bell and Hestia. Otherwise it's indeed a complete recap episode.

KrayZ33
Fri, 07-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Episode 1

Yay, Wargames!! considering that this will be a versus between 2 Familias, I'm certain we'll actually get to see a lot of action and not much of a "tournament" style arc where half the episode is not about the characters that are important.

Kraco
Fri, 07-12-2019, 04:48 PM
How can a familia with a single member in total, in addition to the goddess, even play any war games? It doesn't help that neither Hestia nor Bell are too smart or crafty. Both war and games are as much about wits as they are about strength.

The episode ended before we learned what Hestia gets if she wins. Seems doubtful it would be useful to get a member from a scumbag familia. Perhaps just new equipment for Bell.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 07-12-2019, 08:26 PM
I know I watched S1 of this but I can't remember a single thing about it.

Munsu
Fri, 07-12-2019, 11:44 PM
How can a familia with a single member in total, in addition to the goddess, even play any war games? It doesn't help that neither Hestia nor Bell are too smart or crafty. Both war and games are as much about wits as they are about strength.

The episode ended before we learned what Hestia gets if she wins. Seems doubtful it would be useful to get a member from a scumbag familia. Perhaps just new equipment for Bell.

Guess we'll have to wait for the rules to unfold. But yeah, seems unfair, more so because of the obvious setup.

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-13-2019, 05:53 PM
Not that I remember all the details of last season, but I never got the impression that Hestia was dumb, though she is lazy. She certainly knows more than she lets on. She also doesn't play all the scheming games that some of her fellows do. Isn't that why she actually gets along with the more straightforward, less powerful Familia heads?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-13-2019, 11:55 PM
I just thought Ai's choker looked super spikey. I hope it was made of super soft material.

MFauli
Sun, 07-14-2019, 08:35 AM
"He was totally set up"

Yes, and everyone can see that :/ I wish anime would stop it with these overdone 'traps'. Irl people would say 'fuck off, Apollo, you're lame" and wander off.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-14-2019, 08:42 AM
Are you sure? IRL, people in power do this shit all the time. Fake news for example.

It'd be one thing if some random hobo did it, but when a god does it, they tend to get their way. Also, these gods want to see a fight to alleviate their boredom. That's the main reason they went to the lower world.

KrayZ33
Fri, 07-19-2019, 01:23 PM
Episode 2

------------------------------------------

I hope this was hinting towards what we can expect to see during the climax.
I sure hope we get another "Minotaur fight" in this season.

The combat animation and acrobatics have been rather fine in this series.

I sure liked the sniper scene - I can't say I enjoyed most of the chase though.

It wasn't the greatest episode but not the worst either.

MFauli
Sun, 07-21-2019, 05:04 PM
That was the worst shit I've ever seen.

Remember how I often complain about the lack of consequences in anime? This was that x10000.

So much fighting with the intent to kill (what if ONE of those arrows had hit them), and at the end NOBODY died and everyone is happily celebrating that the war game takes place (so this wasn't that, huh? 🤦*♀️).

I guess I'm too old for this shit. I want anime where deadly intent causes death/misery, because that's what happens when people go at it. This cookiecutter happyhappy bs is too frustrating.

At.least next episode promises to be better with Bell and Ais entering the dungeon.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 07-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Wow... I guess they're planning to make this entire War Game one entire season. 2 episodes and they just got to the first few pages of 5th or 6th novel that sets this up. This all could have fit in the first episode...

shinta|hikari
Sun, 07-21-2019, 09:52 PM
War game and Amazon Primeostitution will make up the whole season, from AX panel.

Munsu
Sun, 07-21-2019, 11:35 PM
That was the worst shit I've ever seen.

Remember how I often complain about the lack of consequences in anime? This was that x10000.

So much fighting with the intent to kill (what if ONE of those arrows had hit them), and at the end NOBODY died and everyone is happily celebrating that the war game takes place (so this wasn't that, huh? ��*♀️).

I guess I'm too old for this shit. I want anime where deadly intent causes death/misery, because that's what happens when people go at it. This cookiecutter happyhappy bs is too frustrating.

At.least next episode promises to be better with Bell and Ais entering the dungeon.

Yeah, another series with a target market that is not what you want... boo-hoo.

War game and Amazon Primeostitution will make up the whole season, from AX panel.

In a 13 episode season, this looks like a good place to stop. No problem if they rush through War Game to spend more time in that Amazon arc, more interesting characters there.

MFauli
Mon, 07-22-2019, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=Munsu;566863]Yeah, another series with a target market that is not what you want... boo-hoo./QUOTE]

oh no, god forbid I voice my opinion.

🤦*♀️

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-22-2019, 10:21 AM

Actually no, we don't remember a specific thing you dislike. Everything is the "worst shit" for you, except for stuff that isn't the "worst" then it's "the best", even though in reality it's actually - 'the same'.

what makes you think there would or should be consequences? For whom???
You are looking at the playground of gods, no fucks are given about the death of a child from a different familia...
The only thing gods have to fear is losing face in front of other gods - that's it.

You've clearly not paid any attention whatsoever.

Not only that, why do you believe Bell's death would not cause grief and misery (for those who know him and are involved in his daily life)?
Would you be so kind and stop making stuff up that never happend or was never even suggested all the time? That'd be great.

So much fighting with the intent to kill

Huh????? Like - the whole flipping episode was dedicated to them getting Bell into the familia by force and making his life miserable.. and you think they wanted to kill Bell???

(what if ONE of those arrows had hit them)

It would've been healed afterwards?

MFauli
Mon, 07-22-2019, 11:07 AM
Your entire posting is so aggressive and nonsensical that I don't know where to start.

So if Bell was hit in the head by an arrow that would have been healed? All the swords swinging at him? And what about friends came to fight the Apollo guys, everyone swinging their swords at each other - ofc nobody dies!

It's non-consequential bs.

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-22-2019, 12:31 PM
Did you not watch the episode or something?? Or are you here to troll.

They *literally* said that it will be okay to cut off an arm or an leg, because it will get healed later anyway.
They sprinkled some elixir on Bell's face, who couldn't even move after he got served by that lvl 3+ dude and Bell was instantaneously back to 100% again even though he couldn't even move on it's own one second earlier.

Lili shot crossbow bolts into 2 guys' necks and backs. What do you even mean with "non-consequential", how are these things related in the first place? You can slice up some people and not face consequences (or the actions themselves are of no importance), you could also not hurt them at all and face consequences for simply trying.

So what are *you* talking about??

In this anime, it's rather obvious that the children are super-natural beings that are ways above what mortals could ever hope to achieve. Or did you forget that too? - Chose to ignore it? What is it?
They are basically Avengers. Super heroes. Demi-gods. Not a single one of them so far has the typical endurance or strength of a child or man. They are all several times more tough, agile, precise - simply put: super-humans. Lili carries around a back thrice her size which is probably also several times heavier than herself, she doesn't give a damn. So what the heck do you think you are watching?

As Munsu pointed out already:

Yeah, another series with a target market that is not what you want... boo-hoo.

I'm sounding agressive because you are ignorant as fuck. You ignore 90% of what is happening and then talk nonsense and about made up bullshit that never happened. You can't possibly be serious about half the things you wrote in your first post. It's so delusional - so far away from what the episodes and season 1 has shown us so far. It's as if you were expecting a completely different show, with a different pretext, a different setting.

MFauli
Mon, 07-22-2019, 01:13 PM
You refuse to read what I actually write and then keep being upset because I obviously disagree with your blabbering.

So let's condense it to one topic: What if Belle had been hit by an arrow in the head (aka insta-death)?

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-22-2019, 01:43 PM
So let's condense it to one topic: What if Belle had been hit by an arrow in the head (aka insta-death)?

What if Bell had a heart attack?

They wouldn't hit his head, it's as simple as that.. I already explained why: they aren't children who have never wielded a weapon, they recieved God's gift and are superhuman. What if they never actually intended to hit him anywhere near the head and tried to push him into an alley were they laid a trap for him?
And what about the other points that didn't happen and you made up? We've seen a "sniper" shoot 3 arrows - at once - from a few hundred meters away at nearly pinpoint accuracy. The target dodged and blocked(?) these arrows with his sword.

Why do you watch super-hero movies and expect the heroes to die from a stray bullet even though you saw him dodging and deflecting them several times earlier?
What is your reasoning?

You refuse to read what I actually write
I do not, I already adressed all of them
Such as:

"they were fighting with the intent to kill" - no, they never were, and thus the chance of him actually dying is already plummiting to nearly zero. Not only because Bell himself is a super human, but because, as mentioned already, everyone else is too.
"I want anime where deadly intent causes death/misery, because that's what happens when people go at it." - that's what happens when normal humans go at it, and that's not what happens in this anime, because this is not what this anime is about... no one cares about what *you* want from the show, if the show itself isn't about that.

"This cookiecutter happyhappy bs is too frustrating." - what about this was "happy happy", they were on the verge of being hunted for the rest of their lives, or give up their freedom - unless they can defeat them in the Wargames - not that it matters, it's just another show you don't like, and that's fine. But hell no, your reasoning is so flawed and arbitary.

It's almost as if you are saying:
"I watched superman earlier, but I didn't like the fact that he was a super-human"

Everyone in the world would be like "wtf dude?"

MFauli
Mon, 07-22-2019, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=KrayZ33;566869.

Why do you watch super-hero movies and expect the heroes to die from a stray bullet even though you saw him dodging and deflecting them several times earlier?
What is your reasoning?/QUOTE]

I don't expect him to be hit in the head by an arrow. What I expect is a different attitude due to such deadly attacks (and gtfo with your 'they're actually super skilled and didn't want to hit him', these arrow shooters were random low foot soldiers). When an enemy shows he's accepting your death, I expect you to forget all cute behavior. Most importantly, I expect you and everyone not to forget about these murder attempts 10 min later, when your to-be murderers welcome you in their base and proclaim some game.

And I'd be doubly upset because many friends of mine were caught up in deadly fights, too. And you can keep repeating how they're not normal humans: if the get hit the wrong way, they're dead. And the battles we saw certainly were accepting of such outcome. But no, doesn't matter, 'haha'. :/

That's what mean with non-consequential.

PS: Btw is Hestia immortal? Don't remember jow gods work in that context.

Ryllharu
Mon, 07-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Aren't you thinking about this backwards? Of course the Apollo Familia people would be happy that Hestia accepted the War Game. They expect to win, expect some entertainment, and they also get to stop trying to capture/kill Bell.

They know attacking and harassing them on the street is wrong. They don't want to start a street war with the other Familia either.

So who isn't happy? Hestia, Bell, and that asshole who is Apollo's current ace.

Nothing is really out of place, or out of character for the setting, like you're trying to express.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-22-2019, 08:37 PM
Mfauli isn't saying things are out of character or setting. He simply doesn't like feel good, no-one-dies stories, which this is clearly a member of.

Munsu
Mon, 07-22-2019, 08:52 PM
Mfauli isn't saying things are out of character or setting. He simply doesn't like feel good, no-one-dies stories, which this is clearly a member of.

Which is fine and dandy, but he doesn't seem to realize it, even after 2 seasons in this world, and 2 episodes of a 3rd season...

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-22-2019, 09:06 PM
That's because people aren't speaking his language.

To put it in Mfauli's terms, Danmachi is a non-consequential show, which according to his definition, it totally is.

Heroes will never die, justice will definitely triumph, and friendship will overcome harsh realities. It is what it is.

MFauli
Mon, 07-22-2019, 11:47 PM
Yes. Except season 1 better hid this when Belle had to survive in the dungeon and worked his way up to eventually beat a minotaur against everyone's expectations. That felt consequential, nothing was taken for granted and it was a serious life-or-death situation.

This season 2 so far is different. It feels like all the other trash isekai. No substance, no consequences, all show. And waifus -_-

DarthEnderX
Tue, 07-23-2019, 03:58 AM
god forbid I voice my opinion.Him or the admins.

Till then, we're stuck with ya.

Munsu
Wed, 07-31-2019, 07:25 PM
Episode 3:

I know I'm of mind to rush through this particular arc, but I wish the Soma Familia portion wasn't relegated to just a 1 episode phenomenon. Wish they would've expanded a bit more on the Commanders' doings, his abuses, what role Lili was going to play in his schemes (which foreshadows a good future arc if I recall correctly) and why Soma was the way he was. Seemed like all was glossed over and Lili was made a prisoner for no apparent reason.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Episode 04

-----------------------------

Poor Luan. That guy's going to get murdered.

I didn't get the impression that Mikoto was that close to the Hestia family to the point where she'd switch families until this season. She feels like an extra.

KrayZ33
Fri, 08-02-2019, 02:28 PM
That didn't have the impact I was looking for.
We didn't even get to see any of the results from the training. I expected a little more than "hayai"

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-02-2019, 03:21 PM
We didn't even get to see any of the results from the training.

He was too fast.

Munsu
Fri, 08-02-2019, 09:06 PM
That didn't have the impact I was looking for.
We didn't even get to see any of the results from the training. I expected a little more than "hayai"

Yeah, they rushed through this. Not that I'm complaining since I didn't care all that much for this arc, but I think they went a bit too fast as it is. And the fight climax felt anti-climatic because of it, and Bell's feint was more deus ex machina than it should've been.

I didn't get the impression that Mikoto was that close to the Hestia family to the point where she'd switch families until this season. She feels like an extra.

At this point I don't think it's much as being close to them, though gearing towards that, but more that she feels she owes them because of what her familia did to them once before.

Also, I'm not sure if this is necessarily a permanent change. We'll have to see what the rules are.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 08-03-2019, 07:42 AM
Ya they left a lot out.

Like the reaction from the God's at Bell's no chanting Firebolt.

They also left out that Bell is actually Level 3, which was right after he was the bar/food scene in episode 1. When Bell got punched or kicked it allowed him to level to level 3 and Hestia told him to keep it a secret from everyone. This is why Bell was so fast. His level was same as the other guy but Bell's stats became much higher.

That is why this episode made less sense.

Kraco
Sat, 08-03-2019, 04:03 PM
The Soma familia is one fucked up place. But I guess it has to be since they are basically one big family of drug manufacturers and dealers. As annoying as I find Lili, I'm still happy she got out.

This was a stupid arc. I'm happy it's over. At least it had some consequences, if nothing else, since the Hestia familia suddenly got new members and they aren't living in a rathole anymore. Too bad Ryuu didn't join. She has too much of her own stuff going on.

KrayZ33
Sat, 08-03-2019, 06:38 PM
Yet - again - I expected so much more from the "final"-fight in this arc.

Apollo's best was no pushover, at least I did not get such an impression of him earlier. Even if Bell reached lvl 3... I did expect a little more than a tantrum and a straight forward attack from his opponent.

I'd have loved to see the god's reaction too if they were amazed by the firebolt. That's the stuff I want to see from "zero to hero" stories. (and in fact, that firebolt did impress ME as a viewer already... I thought it was very cool looking and I liked that he used his "Argonaut" skill in combination with it.)

shinta|hikari
Sat, 08-03-2019, 06:52 PM
They also left out that Bell is actually Level 3, which was right after he was the bar/food scene in episode 1. When Bell got punched or kicked it allowed him to level to level 3 and Hestia told him to keep it a secret from everyone. This is why Bell was so fast. His level was same as the other guy but Bell's stats became much higher.

This is not accurate. Bell is only level 2 when he fought Hyacinthus in the war game, but due to his Realis Freese skill increasing his excellia quantity AND quality, he always levels up only after reaching SS or even SSS ratings for most of his stats (agi, str, etc.), making his base level 2 much higher in overall stats than any other person.

Source: I own the light novels and re-read them just now to confirm.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 08-03-2019, 08:33 PM
This is not accurate. Bell is only level 2 when he fought Hyacinthus in the war game, but due to his Realis Freese skill increasing his excellia quantity AND quality, he always levels up only after reaching SS or even SSS ratings for most of his stats (agi, str, etc.), making his base level 2 much higher in overall stats than any other person.

Source: I own the light novels and re-read them just now to confirm.

I stand corrected, I did re-read all of LN 6 just now and it does not say he reached level 3. I thought he did, Weird.

It did say this... https://imgur.com/sivSKEp

I thought Hestia leveled him up for the War Games before hand.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 08-03-2019, 10:21 PM
Indeed. Bell is extremely abnormal in the sense that he is waaaay stronger than other people in his current status. His statuses reach abnormal levels before he levels up, which only stacks as time goes on, making him the possibly strongest adventurer in the known Danmachi world as of now.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 08-04-2019, 01:31 AM
Indeed. Bell is extremely abnormal in the sense that he is waaaay stronger than other people in his current status. His statuses reach abnormal levels before he levels up, which only stacks as time goes on, making him the possibly strongest adventurer in the known Danmachi world as of now.

Agreed!

Even Hermes is assuming his stats are stacking from one level to the next.

Kraco
Sun, 08-04-2019, 02:21 AM
Hyacinthus didn't seem too impressive. He was clearly not focused on dungeon adventuring, beating monsters, and making himself tougher and stronger. He seemed more like an administrator. Sure, he must have had his share of dungeon trips and fights to level up at all, but I imagine they were on the safe side and planned quite carefully.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-04-2019, 11:33 AM
Nobody commenting on the fact that Syr handed Bell a necklace that she was desperate to have him take, and when it shattered the backing has Freya's sigil on it?

Kraco
Sun, 08-04-2019, 12:01 PM
Nobody commenting on the fact that Syr handed Bell a necklace that she was desperate to have him take, and when it shattered the backing has Freya's sigil on it?

I found it more curious he just left it there on the ground, not retrieving it. Pretty cold behavior.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-04-2019, 12:27 PM
Man, I realize he was overconfident, but Apollo was a dipshit to agree to literally anything if he lost.

I thought maybe Hestia would take the two girls for her family. Nope. Gimmie yo house. All your people are gone. Get the fuck out of my city.

KrayZ33
Sun, 08-04-2019, 02:30 PM
Well, she can technically still get the two girls.
The Apollo Familia is disbanded after all, so they are basically freelancers now until they join a new Familia