PDA

View Full Version : Spring Season 2015: Early Impressions

MFauli
Thu, 04-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Some new anime have already been given their own thread, but there´s a lot of new shows left. So, once again, this thread is to have a place for those first impressions after watching the first episode. Have fun!

-------------------------
Punch-Line: Hate, hate, hate it. The music during the bus chase was somewhat cool, but ... ffs, little girls doing stuff. Too tired of this crap. And then it goes full otaku moe blabla. Dropped.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Ore Monogatari - Very nice, as expected. Gives me the feels whenever I see such a pure, misunderstood person like him.

vejita613
Thu, 04-09-2015, 06:39 PM
DanMachi -Hestia has stolen this show. Nothing else needs to be said.

Oregairu - Not digging Hachimans new design still, but I'll probably get used to it. So far, things are starting off as expected.

Denpa Kyoushi - Yikes. Other than Hiroshi's performance as the MC (which really, they couldn't get anyone more fit for the role), this is starting off really bad. Voice acting and animation just makes this really hard to watch. I'll probably stick with it though.

Fate/Stay Night - Do I really need to say? First episode of the new season and its already blowing my mind.

Also, where the hell is digimon?

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - This has none of the manga's charm, which is largely driven by the art style (exactly like Fairy Tail because it is written by one of his former assistants). Generic, bland design in the anime, and generally clumsy everything else. I'll stick with the manga on this one.

Kyoukai no Rinne - Nothing really special about it, but that is actually what makes it refreshing. It's a lot more like Ranma and Takahashi's earlier works. Watching it because it gives me massive nostalgia despite being new.

Hibike! Euphonium - The surprise of the season so far for me. So far, a nicely introspective drama-comedy, a stark comparison to the relatively shallow K-ON.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha ViVid - If you're a Nanoha fan you're already watching this, otherwise skip it.

DanMachi - vejita613 covered it perfectly.

Ore Monogatari - The standout shoujo series of the season

Punch Line - I'm giving it the three episode test. It reminds me of Nanana (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8864) so far. That's not really a good thing. Feels like it is trying a little too hard to be Puni Puni Poemi/Nurse-Witch Komugi-chan, but it is not anywhere that good.

Yahari Wordspam Zoku - I guess it is improving? I still don't really get or care for this series, but I'll keep watching for now.

Show By Rock - The catgirl is painfully cute (http://i.imgur.com/1Lh5NDY.jpg), otherwise a complete waste of time.

Triage X - It's crap but we all knew that going in.

Shokugeki no Souma - Meets expectations.

Danna ga Nani o Itteiruka Wakaranai Ken 2 - The first season is a grand total of 44 minutes. Watch it. Then watch this too.