PDA

View Full Version : Book/Manga: Guin Saga

Sidnne
Fri, 03-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Ok, so I just finished watching the Guin Saga anime, which had just 26 episodes and really left the story hanging.

I knew it was based on books so I did some research and found that the story has been going since 1979 and is still on-going. Guin Saga holds the record for the longest continuing single-writer's work in the world. There are currently 134 volumes, and the anime only covered the first 16 volumes. Furthermore, only the first 5 volumes of Guin Saga were ever released in English.

I've searched around the internet and found nothing, so I know this is a longshot, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find the remaining volumes of Guin Saga translated in English?? There is so much more to this story and I'd love to be able to read all of the volumes to see what happens after the anime leaves off.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-07-2015, 02:34 AM
I don't know if you're aware that the author is dead, leaving the story ultimately incomplete anyway. Baka-updates didn't list any translation groups for this project, so I'd say there's none around.

Sidnne
Sat, 03-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Yes, I know the author is dead. But she still authored 130 volumes, leaving 125 that haven't been translated to English and 114 that haven't been animated. The story was also picked up by others who have since produced 4 more volumes and are continuing the series.

lelouch
Sat, 03-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Shall we start a GotWoot kickstarter campaign to have the rest of the series translated / animated?