PDA

View Full Version : Voicemail app?

kmkze04
Tue, 02-10-2015, 06:28 AM
So I switched to a carrier that does pay voicemail and I'm a cheapskate, does anyone know of any apps (Android) that act as an on-phone voicemail? By that I mean it auto answers the call and voice records it all locally, not an intercept mail server between carrier and phone. Haven't found any despite Googling my eyes out and downloading a dozen Play Store apps.

Side note/quick rant: Problem with internet searching now is that there's just too much shit to weed through when it involves common words...

Buffalobiian
Tue, 02-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Something like this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enuke.answeringmachine&hl=en

Your keywords seem to be "answering machine". However, Android itself may prove to be a problem.

Smart Answering Machine

Visit Page

Lets you put your busy status and automatically responds callers texters via Sms messages. Put your smartphone in auto respondent mode and carry on important activities like driving, sleeping, meeting, exercising etc without getting disturbed!

Due to android OS constraints, a voice message telling caller to record their message cannot be played, to overcome this, smart answering machine allows you to send your callers a message informing them to record the message after hearing the beep for their subsequent call made within 5 mins. You can also tweak the settings if you just want to send the text message and don’t want to record the caller voice message.

If it works as stated, then it means you'll be paying for one text message per call.