PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Spring Season 2015

SamuraiOdin
Sun, 02-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Looking ahead to spring.

Anichart's Spring List (http://anichart.net/spring)

What seems interesting (even though some of it seems generic)

-Denpa Kyoushi
-DxD (new season, yay!)
-Arslan Senki
-Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka?
-Kyoukai no Rinne
-Owari no Seraph
-Shokugeki no Soma (Man, I love cooking anime)

(also Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan, which appears on This chart (https://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/spring6.jpg) but not the other)

Kraco
Sun, 02-08-2015, 05:15 PM
Certain:
-UBW (I don't really need to explain this. Long live Rin!)
-Nanoha Vivid (I'm a Nanoha fan. The manga is quite entertaining.)
-DxD (Boobs, dissolving clothes on females, fighting. What else can a man want?)
-Shokugeki no Souma (The manga is great. Characters are great. Fighting by cooking.)
-Sidonia no Kishi (Quite a jolly show.)
-Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy (Quite a unique MC. Sequel to a good first season.)
-Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (Sequel to a good first season^2)

Description interests:
-Arslan Senki (seems like fantasy adventure with wars and hopefully politics.)
-Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru (sounds goofy enough.)
-Plastic Memories (the teaser/trailer was boring, but I hope it's worth watching.)

Others:
-Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu (well, it's Haruhi related. For old times sake.)
-Grisaia no Meikyuu (actually I'd like to play the VNs, but what can I do with no translations?)

MFauli
Sun, 02-08-2015, 06:39 PM
More comments, not just posting lists, guys!!1 :>
Here´s mine:

- Baby Steps 2 (loved the first season. Looking forward to find out how A-chan will beat the better players)
- Digimon Adventure tri (number 1 hyped series for the spring season. Ive been following Digimon since the beginning, and it kept on sucking after season 2. So going back to the first cast is fanastic)
- Gintama (this is a non-brainer. The best overall-anime in existence)
- Plastic Memories (Im a sucker for cute android girls and the themes that follow suit)
- Sidonia (I wont miss it this time lol)

Maybe:

- Ore Monogatari (well, no idea where this might go. But sounds nice)
- That Haruhi-spinoff (if Im really bored. Dont like spinoffs)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 02-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Oregairu 2 - Just finished playing the Vita VN, which was not worth the money because it was more of a fandisc, so I'm eager for more Hikki. I think this is the only "school harem" show where I like the MC more than any other character.
UBW 2 - The best animated action in existence period.
Sidonia no Kishi 2 - More sudden deaths!
Dungeon Deai - Read some of the manga. Fun story.
Arslan Senki - Knowing the author, I'm hopeful.
Grisaia no Labyrinth - I know this is going to be horrible, but I CANNOT skip Asako.
Hibike Euphonium - I'm a sucker for music anime, especially when KyoAni does it (Haruhi, Angel Beats, K-ON not so much)
Vivid - I'm not expecting much though. Magical girl shows need to at least be up to par with Yuuki Yuuna to matter.
Souma - Read the manga but stopped when it hit the Yakitate frontier. It's still much more believable, but the reactions are getting retarded. It also makes no sense that none of the judges criticize anything about a dish. There will always be something someone doesn't like about a plate.
Ore Monogatari - I love cute romances like this.
Plastic Memories - Chose this after watching the PV. Sounds like a nakige in anime format. Can't wait.

Nagato bla bla sucks. I read the manga, and it is basically about a Nagato without everything that made me like Nagato.

vejita613
Sun, 02-08-2015, 07:57 PM
-Denpa Kyoushi - First few arcs are good, but lately the manga has been dragging on.
-Digimon Adventure tri. - Curious to see how they continue the adventure. Kind of looks like they are retconning Adventure 2
-Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka? - Manga is enjoyable.
-Yamadakun to Nananin no Majo - same as Denpa Kyoushi.
-Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu - same reasons as everyone else.

Sequels that I will watch:
-Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku - The show that I'm most excited for.
-Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works 2nd Season
-Grisaia no Meikyuu
-Nisekoi 2
-Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 02-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Sequels because the originals are good:
Baby Steps 2, Fate, Grisaia, Nisekoi, Sidonia, Yahari

Now for the new stuff.

The (should be) Good:
Denpa Kyoushi - The general consensus is that the manga was pretty good early on, but has kind of overstayed its welcome. Should be fun to see the beginning animated, at least.
Nanoha Vivid - If you like Nanoha, you'll probably enjoy Vivid to some degree. The manga is okay, but it should be much better animated.
Yamada-kun and the 7 witches - The manga pretty funny. I'm looking forward to Yamada's silly antics animated. And kissing.

The Maybe's
Dungeon ni Deai - I've heard good things about the manga, so I'm interested.
Hibike! Euphonium - Kyoto trying to relive K-On? We'll see. At least worth trying though.
Houkago no Pleades - Gainax magical girls? Gotta at least see what it is!
Ninja Slayer - Studio Trigger, ninjas? action? I'm in, unless it sucks.
Ore Monogatari - sounds like this could be hilarious. Hopefully a good twist on the standard shoujo
Owari no Seraph - Wit studio brings us an action show. Rolling Girls is so-so so far, we'll see how this goes.
Shokugeki no Souma - couldn't be worse than Shaft's food show.

The "I'm going to watch it anyways"
Gunslinger Stratos - A-1 can animate well when they feel like it, but the description of being based on some light-gun game... However, after Shingeki no Bahamut, I'm willing to try anything.
Nagato Yuki (crap version) - Does anything else need to be said?

And i'll watch the rest of the shows as usual, but most of them I know hardly anything about.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 02-08-2015, 10:41 PM
Not to go off topic, but you actually thought The Fruits of Grisaia (le anime) was good?

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 02-08-2015, 11:33 PM
It was okay, but super rushed. I wouldn't really call it great or recommend it to anyone that hadn't played the game. The crappy girls got the least screen time, too, so that was good.

David75
Mon, 02-09-2015, 01:51 AM
Saint Seiya? Really? After butchering it so much in the last adaptations?
Will watch nonetheless.

Souma, I love good dishes...

Sidonia, of course

UBW, of course

and many of the other shows, since even boring ones are a good way to prepare for a good night.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Oh my god new Lupin? Fucking awesome!

That DBZ movie seems right up my alley too. I wonder if it's going to be considered canon like the last one was.

MFauli
Mon, 02-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Im surprised by the lack of interest in Digimon tri. Did none of you like the first two seasons or do you just not have any hope?

vejita613
Mon, 02-09-2015, 02:28 PM
Im surprised by the lack of interest in Digimon tri. Did none of you like the first two seasons or do you just not have any hope?

Hey, I said I was watching it.

I just didn't use fancy schmancy bold letters for each title. I'm lazy like that.

MasterOfMoogles
Mon, 02-09-2015, 10:44 PM
I remember watching the original Digimon that was on American TV when I was a kid.
Nothing that I remember about it makes me think it was anything other than a kids show, though.

I also have not been impressed with Toei Animation.
The top 3 shows they've done in the last 5 years are:
Kyousogiga
World Trigger (currently running)

And that's it. Nothing else is worth putting on the list.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-10-2015, 12:31 AM
Im surprised by the lack of interest in Digimon tri. Did none of you like the first two seasons or do you just not have any hope?I give zero shits about Digimon.

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-16-2015, 09:42 PM
Will Watch:
UBW S2 - Not HF but it will continue to hold me over
Nanoha Vivid - I love the Nanoha franchise, big fan of Sankt Kaiser Vivio. A bit leery about Einhart's casting but that's set in stone now from the games.
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken 2 - This one was of the shows I looked forward to the most that season, even if they were only 3 minutes long.
Digimon Tri - Original Digimon Adventure characters? Yes Please.
Ore Monogatari!! - I gotta admit, I love these kinds of series; they don't get animes all that often. Same series director and character designer that did Chihayafuru and Nana apparently, which is enough to move it from will try to will watch.

Will Try:
Dungeon ni Deai - The promos looked really good.
Kyoukai no Rinne I generally like Takahashi's series, but I kinda forgot about this one shortly after it started. Inoue Marina as the lead is more than enough for me to watch it, she's an underrated VA.
Triage X - Good god it is going to be horrible, horribly censored, or both. This will satisfy my Trainwreck Anime requirement for the season.
Yahari Wordspam - I was pretty meh about the first season. Had a good male protagonist, but ultimately it went absolutely nowhere and the girls aren't really interesting at all. I'll give a shot, and drop it if I get bored.

Won't Watch:
Shokugeki no Soma - I'm actually a big fan of the manga, but the casting of Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (aka Kirito) as Soma is a huge fucking mistake. Watch the PV, it is terrible. Tadena Risa as Erina is fine, but I fear it will be unwatchable due to horrible casting. They're doing it because Matsuoka Yoshitsugu is really popular, and it will be a disaster. It might even had been okay if he had used one of his other voices (e.g. Sora from NGNL), but JC Staff is clearly making him use his Kirito voice.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 03-29-2015, 09:18 AM
RandomC's preview with videos (http://randomc.net/2015/03/27/spring-2015-preview/)

MFauli
Sat, 04-18-2015, 05:26 AM
ugh, why is horrible subs so incompetent and not subbing knights of sidonia? completely forgot about it because of their lack of subbing. :/

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-18-2015, 06:20 AM
ugh, why is horrible subs so incompetent and not subbing knights of sidonia? completely forgot about it because of their lack of subbing. :/

Do you search exclusively for Horriblesub releases? I'm looking down on you right now. -_-

MFauli
Sat, 04-18-2015, 06:25 AM
Do you search exclusively for Horriblesub releases? I'm looking down on you right now. -_-

Most of they time, they cover all new series worth watching. there were outliers in the past, too, but at least somebody would post torrent-links on here in that case. Somehow, i totally missed any of that this time. :/

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Just filter for subbed anime in general if you don't want to look at everything. That way you don't miss anything.

Kraco
Sat, 04-18-2015, 08:16 AM

They aren't subbing anything. They are ripping Crunchy and other English anime streamers. Then they just remux (reencode?) the shit and release it without even checking the results. That's why they occasionally release utterly corrupted encodes, missing subs, and other elementary mistakes. I don't think Sidonia has any official English streamer, which means HS can't do anything about it. Somebody needs to sub it the old-fashioned way.

David75
Sat, 04-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Is mexibros any good?
I didn't watch it because I fear eye cancer...

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-18-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm looking down on you right now. -_-

Too damn late.

Ninja whatever was eye cancer. WTF were they thinking?

MFauli
Sat, 04-18-2015, 11:11 AM
i didnt know that, kraco. was it always like that? i only remember that I started watching horriblesubs in the days of dattebayo being ultra slow at subbing Naruto, so I switched to HS.

Kraco
Sat, 04-18-2015, 11:44 AM
i didnt know that, kraco. was it always like that? i only remember that I started watching horriblesubs in the days of dattebayo being ultra slow at subbing Naruto, so I switched to HS.

Yes, that's their trade. They don't even bother to release BD encodes later or anything, so they are 100% pure at what they do.

Is mexibros any good?
I didn't watch it because I fear eye cancer...

It was watchable, but not honed or anything. The subtitle lines had a too small font size, for example. I hope some real group releases the show, even if a bit late.

David75
Sat, 04-18-2015, 01:15 PM
I had had hints that someone would answer that about those subs. Thanks for the confirmation.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Ninja whatever was eye cancer. WTF were they thinking?

Ninja Slayer. And yeah, it was funny for a little while but one episode is quite enough.