PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 681

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-08-2015, 07:59 AM
One Piece 681 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=654029)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this is just really stupid and the series is just going to expect me to believe this.

How is there ANY way ANYONE would listen to Donflamingo at this point? I can almost believe stupid greedy pirates ignoring their decade of torture for a ton of money, but how can anyone think Donfamingo isn't just lying about his offer? He's clearly trying to kill every witness in the country. And why wouldn't you think that if you did manage to earn a bounty, that he wouldn't just turn you back into a toy rather than pay you?

It's just insane that anyone would buy into this.

And again, super annoying that all the super badass former-toys from the colosseum seem to have mysteriously vanished from the story, and only the useless generic pirates are still around for some reason.

Kraco
Sun, 02-08-2015, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I expected some of the very lowest rung pirates to become interested, being as stupid as they are, but I also find it extremely unlikely even the civilians would swallow such an utterly implausible and crystal clear divide and rule strategy. At this point nobody should believe a single word coming out of Flamingo's mouth, not even the nameless pirates, who would still allow their greed to overcome their better judgement. But whatever. Nobody among the masses could threaten any of the heroes, but I guess we will see some time wasted on meaningless fights. Actually we already did.

What made me sad was that Zoro was with Luffy and not chasing the stone guy already. He's not the kind of guy who would need Luffy's approval for seeking fights.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 02-09-2015, 07:36 AM
I think Zoro might realize there's nothing he can actually do against Pica and is hoping to run into some other worthy opponent he can fight instead.

Sadly, none of the badguys seem to be swordsmen. Unless maybe Diamante has one folded up in his pocket.

Kraco
Mon, 02-09-2015, 10:07 AM
I think Zoro might realize there's nothing he can actually do against Pica and is hoping to run into some other worthy opponent he can fight instead.

Sadly, none of the badguys seem to be swordsmen. Unless maybe Diamante has one folded up in his pocket.

Nah, at this point I'd say Pica is exactly the kind of opponent Zoro should be interested in meeting again, precisely because he was having trouble fighting him. They are heading deeper and deeper into the most dangerous place in the world, so it's no good to just think "can't beat this one, let's find somebody easier!" We already know he doesn't even possess any "this cannot be cut" beliefs. He just needs a bit of time to figure out how to cut Pica effectively.

Of course I also think Zoro would rather fight a really tough swordsman, like Kyros (with both legs), but it's not like he wouldn't enjoy fighting non-swordsmen as well. As long as they aren't women, I guess.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-10-2015, 12:52 AM
I don't understand why, if these are the 12 people he wants dead, didn't Donflamingo just use Parasite string on them.

He clearly tried to use it on the Admiral, so it's not like he'd think they'd be too strong for it to work on them.

it's no good to just think "can't beat this one, let's find somebody easier!"It's not about finding someone easier. It's about finding someone that's more complimentary to his skill set.

It's like back in Enies Lobby. Sanji didn't need to find someone easier than Califa. He needed to find someone he was able to fight.

Likewise, Zoro needs to find someone that's not immune to being cut.

We already know he doesn't even possess any "this cannot be cut" beliefs.But he already CAN cut Pica. It just doesn't do anything.

Kraco
Tue, 02-10-2015, 01:44 AM
But he already CAN cut Pica. It just doesn't do anything.

He wasn't cutting the right place. Besides, even Pica should be getting tired after all this. Flamingo even made him change the landscape. He wouldn't be human if he wasn't sweating a little now. There's no way reshaping the castle a hundred times wouldn't be harder than swinging a sword 100 times, either. So, Zoro's efforts must have done something, unless this story is really convenient for the bad guys, yet they would still lose despite of it.

It seems to me of Straw hats the parasite string might work on Usopp - if Usopp was alone, that is. Maybe even Robin, but Robin is a master of keeping herself hidden due to her past. The rest would see/feel it coming, and in Franky's cyborg case it might not even work. His skin stops bullets. It should stop a string as well.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-10-2015, 08:16 AM
He wasn't cutting the right place.Do we know that's even the case? I mean, if Pica is like a stone Logia, and Zoro hasn't actually shown yet that he knows Armament Haki. If that's the case, then there IS no place he can cut Pica.

He wouldn't be human if he wasn't sweating a little now. There's no way reshaping the castle a hundred times wouldn't be harder than swinging a sword 100 times, either.Devil's Fruit users AREN'T human.

If using your fruit ability consumed your stamina, Sugar wouldn't have been able to keep her power constantly active for 10 years.

It seems to me of Straw hats the parasite string might work on Usopp - if Usopp was alone, that is. Maybe even Robin, but Robin is a master of keeping herself hidden due to her past. The rest would see/feel it comingI would think that any character without Observation Haki would be vulnerable.

I mean, it worked on King Riku, and King Riku is actually somewhat strong going by his performance in the Colosseum.

Kraco
Tue, 02-10-2015, 09:44 AM
Do we know that's even the case? I mean, if Pica is like a stone Logia, and Zoro hasn't actually shown yet that he knows Armament Haki. If that's the case, then there IS no place he can cut Pica.

Sure he has it. He cut Monet's cheek to make her release Tashigi.

Devil's Fruit users AREN'T human.

If using your fruit ability consumed your stamina, Sugar wouldn't have been able to keep her power constantly active for 10 years.

Well, you might be right. That doesn't really change anything, though. Zoro would just need to find the real body. He's been cutting nothing but animated stone so far. It's not like Pica could do much to Zoro, nor does he seem to possess any personality to push him out of his way to pursue enemies.

I would think that any character without Observation Haki would be vulnerable.

I mean, it worked on King Riku, and King Riku is actually somewhat strong going by his performance in the Colosseum.

I'm not sure you quite need observation haki for that. It might be enough to have enough battle sense, especially now that they know it's happening all around them. As long as there's some tough guy nearby, anybody possessed could also be saved by severing the string. Also, I don't think Riku is worth anything compared to the real deals here. I guess he would be able to beat the noname pirates but that's it.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 02-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Zoro would just need to find the real body. He's been cutting nothing but animated stone so far.Hmm, I suppose that could be true. After all, these buildings he's moving around have been around longer than he has, so it's not like the castle IS his body. So it's not just like he has an intangible Logia body.