PDA

View Full Version : Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata

KrayZ33
Tue, 02-03-2015, 03:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DQ54cko.jpg

The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hoarding. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who's always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?

The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio's journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/23277/Saenai_Heroine_no_Sodatekata

------------------------------------------------------------------

So 3 (4 if we count the fanservice "pre-filler" 00) episodes in and I have to say that this is one of the shows I enjoy the most this season. The art is fantastic (yes, I value it highly when a show is really nice to look at), the characters are very likeable and the story is interesting enough too.

That being said: *uhum.. cough*
Utaha best girl, even though it's really difficult to choose. What is her character archtype called? I enjoy them the most. Cold and composed on the outside, but kinda "dominating" and "abusive" from time to time. Reminds me alot of Yukino from "My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU" but a bit more "crazy" in it and alot more "aggressive" in the romance field. It's always fun to see a girl making the moves on a guy in an harem show. Especially since it feels like she is fully aware of her being in one at this point in time.

her rant on internet-forum/review-haters was hilarious
after all, everyone's a critic nowadays

http://i.imgur.com/Dvdwe4k.jpg

So if you are looking for something to smile/laugh at, you should start watching it if you havn't already. It's pretty fun and so far there was nothing wrong with it if you ask me.

Your thoughts so far?

edit:
Oh btw, the girls are hot.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 02-03-2015, 03:56 PM
The irony of this show is the most interesting and unique girl is the one who the protagonist claims to be boring. The title must be sarcastic because Katou is absolutely hilarious. Her tsukkomis are fantastic.

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 02-04-2015, 04:43 AM
The biggest problem with this show is that there is no reason any of the girls should like or put up with the main character at all.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Absolutely agree, right now at least. I'm pretty sure there will be an episode or two showing how he conquered the blonde twin-tailed tsundere (this is so tired Grisaia made an entire character just to make fun of this cliche) and the black long-haired kuudere (this is so tired Grisaia made an entire character just to make fun... whatever).

Katou being interested in him is perfectly logical. It's a matter of lacking options. No one even notices her, then this guy suddenly sees her as a heroine.

KrayZ33
Wed, 02-04-2015, 12:09 PM
The biggest problem with this show is that there is no reason any of the girls should like or put up with the main character at all.

The blonde is his childhood friend and it was mentioned that something happened in the past between Utaha and MC when he asked her to join the circle.
It wasn't shown yet, but it's not really necessary to do that even though I'd like to know too.

In the end they are all Otaku, that should suffice.. they arn't "enduring" him, they are sitting in the same boat - so to say.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Only they are actually extremely popular and have unlimited choices in men who aren't as much of an ass as the protagonist. Being an otaku alone is a horrible reason for them to like and throw themselves at him.

MFauli
Wed, 02-04-2015, 01:13 PM
No good trying to apply logic to it - it´s a generic Otaku-fantasy, showing a nerd getting hot girls for no reasons. I dont like it, either, since it only deludes, but doesnt offer any helpful advice (yeah, im probably expecting too much from anime lol).

Anyway, Utaha is hottest girl, cause: Long brown hair + stockings. :>

What sucks most is this is another anime with an oblivious main character, borderlining into homosexuality. He has access to three stunning girls, yet doesnt make a move on any of them. sigh.

As for the story, it´s kind of ... tiring. Each episode contains all these motivated, ambitious speeches of the main character ... but he appears to have no skill for what he wants to accomplish at all. It isnt being made better by featuring the voice of Kirito, a character that, despite so many flaws, is somebody who gets shit done.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-04-2015, 02:00 PM
The black stockings are indeed great.

And I'm pretty sure everyone knows what to expect from a show of this genre, but there have been many examples where there is a believable reason for the heroines to like the protagonist. It doesn't hurt to hope that is also the case for this one.

KrayZ33
Tue, 02-10-2015, 02:02 PM
EP 4

Another entertaining episode, both Megumi and Utaha have their charm, Megumi's "reaction" (if you know what I mean) after Aki offered her to go shopping with him instead of her cousin was cute (if I'm not reading too much into it). The way she criticises Aki's views/standards are hilarious too, especially when he says something, what most people would consider, insulting towards her.

We also partly got to know why Utaha likes Aki, I'd really like to know more about what happened back then though and I'm sure we'll get to that point sooner or later.

Munsu
Sat, 08-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Looking around previous seasons, and maybe in a mood for something like this... is it worth watching? I see there's a planned sequel or so for next year.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 08-13-2016, 07:32 PM
I guess so, if only for the saenai heroine.

MFauli
Sun, 08-14-2016, 03:57 AM
omg, I almost thought there´d be more. Really had to force myself through this.

I guess it´s worth it for Utaha, though.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-14-2016, 06:22 AM
It's worth it for Utaha, Eriri and Katou, but it does kind of fall apart toward the end of the season because they didn't want to go into the material or whatever. There isn't much of an ending or conclusion or any of that in the material that's aired thus far.

It's clever (gags, the setup, etc), the characters are good (it elevates cliché archetypes into characters with depth), and there's a lot going on (subtle character development, but it is a completely character-driven series), very well animated, but the stuff from 2015 really just felt like setup for a second season that was presumably going to be close but ended up being two years off.

Even if DRRR's split was 5 years, at least its first series ended on the conclusion to an arc.

I'm really looking forward to the second season, but I'd wait until the next was closer.

Munsu
Sun, 08-14-2016, 08:18 AM
omg, I almost thought there´d be more. Really had to force myself through this.

I guess it´s worth it for Utaha, though.

There'll be more, just not yet:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-17/saekano-tv-anime-sequel-to-premiere-on-noitamina-in-april-2017/.99908