PDA

View Full Version : Love Bullet: Yurikuma Arashi

David75
Mon, 01-12-2015, 03:27 PM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=1729&d=1421094072

Plot Summary: Far off in space, the asteroid Kumaria blew up, sending bits and pieces to rain down on Earth. For reasons unknown, this causes all the bears ("kuma" in Japanese) to simultaneously rise up and begin attacking humans. Finally, a giant "Wall of Severance" was built to divide them from each other and end their ceaseless war and hatred. In the human world, at Wuthering Heights Academy, Kureha and Sumika are friends who've fallen in love. When they find a lily blooming in their favorite flower bed, their eyes meet...and all at once the Bear Alarm starts ringing, signalling that the human world is under attack.

I wrote that about ep1

ep 1 was a little bizzare with the revisited "oldschool like" characters art style contrasting with the xxx-monogatari like school building.
Yuri vibes are strong.
I'll keep watching, might be something worth my time.

Well, after EP2, I wouldn't say bizarre, but still I'm caught by something I can't really describe.
Music, images and their contrasted ideas/concept create a nice experience. Of course, Yuri greatly helps too.
I guess it's one of those shows you either like or hate.
I can't say if I'll finish the season, because it can become boring. But I loved ep2 and that is a good thing.

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 01-14-2015, 04:49 AM
What did I just watch?

I suspect all of the people with "yuri" in their name are bears?

The symbolism of the bears licking her yuri penis is completely lost on me.

I'm kind of annoyed with how much reused footage they use with the court/bear yuri transformation scene/licking. And it doesn't make any sense...

The "Invisible Storm" is like, bullying or something? So confused...

David75
Wed, 01-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Maybe I disconnected my brains on that one and just let myself go with the music I find nice. That with the colors and contrast rythms. Maybe some kind of drugless stone state ;)

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
It's intentionally confusing. They plan to reveal it bit by bit per episode. This reminds of of Tatami Galaxy, which is a good thing.

David75
Wed, 01-14-2015, 04:20 PM
I'll have to try tatami galaxy again then, because I remember dropping it fairly quickly, in under 5 minutes maybe.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Tatami Galaxy is a masterpiece. Read proper reviews for it if you don't believe me.

I'm not saying this is going to be that good, though.

David75
Thu, 01-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Just to end the discussion about TG, I did try, but could not stand it at all at the time. I guess it rubbed me the wrong way for whatever reason because I've been able to watch downright bad anime till the end.

Following the opposite logic from TG, I'm in an other kind of state when watching LBYKA, and I like it so far. It works, it's all that matters. Might change along the time.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Impressions so far:
This has much more than hot yuri and cute bear fanservice, though both of those are ripe and abundant. It has a weird and zany sense of humor as well as powerful emotional moments. Its delivery is quite unique, and while that can be hit or miss at times, if taken in through the right lens, this show's unique entertainment value reveals itself. The story is filled with mystery and symbolism, and each episode gradually unveils more of their world and characters. The poetic wasei-eigo script is intentionally hilarious yet immersive at the same time.

Give this a try, and you might just receive a Kuma Shock and start craving for more of this story's (and characters') Delicious Smell. At the very least, you will see why this is Yuri Approved. Keep an open mind and look past the show's initial oddity. If you Don't Give Up On Your Love for yuri, you will receive that Promised Kiss. That is the Sexy Way.

David75
Fri, 02-13-2015, 12:31 AM
Shaba da doo :D